Do movies about exorcism scare you?

Do movies about exorcism scare you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PLjDTUeJc3M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Secrets of Emily Blair is possessionkino

no

Not really, but that is one of my favorite shots of all time.

youtube.com/watch?v=PLjDTUeJc3M

I understand how iconic the Exorcism is and what a landmark it is for the horror genre but honestly when the child starts screaming shit like "YOUR MOTHER SUCKS COCKS IN HELL!" Its just so fucking goofy and cheesy I can't help but laugh and it completely loses any tension thats been built so far.

Requiem (2006) really got me because they stayed close to the real story. Show me all the gore and puke and violence and I won't care but watching a child die of starvation because her parents thought the catholic church would be a good alternative to actual medical treatment is fucking scary.

I'm not a schizo, so no.

every time i see that pic the song starts playing in my head

That one does

When I was younger, sure. Now though, it's just been done to death. Every horror movie has to feature a demon or a devil. It's fucking boring.

thanks, added to my list.

This bothered me about Raining films too. The Evil Dead films and Drag me to Hell are campy, but it felt jarring when the Deadites and Gypsy started swearing like sailors.

What scared me about this film wasn't the imagery (the spiderwalk, the stabbing) or the exorcism. It was the stuff about abandonment and the sense of a void that comes in the wake of disillusionment. Like the most unsettling moment for me was the shot of his mother in the bed asking him why he left her alone. That shit is soul-crushing.

It scared the shit out of me when I was younger.

Spiderwalk? You've watch The Version You've Never Seen Before? It's not that good. It very goofy in many places compared to the original cut. Having Pazuzu's face appear in kitchenware and shit is so fucking weird. What the fuck were they thinking?

The Exorcist scared the shit out of me when I first watched it. I was 12 though.

They're pretty much the only movies that scare me.

>tfw I'm the only person on Sup Forums who loved The Exorcist 2

Not to sound like an edgy atheist but I didn't grow up with a religious education and seeing The Exorcist even at a young age did nothing for me, films about the devil/possession in general just bore me. The only horror stories that used to scare me now that I think about it involved "monsters under the bed (or hidden in weird places around you)" type of things. Tooms hiding in bathroom vents in X Files, the clown from It hiding in the sewers, the creepy girl hiding in the walls in People Under The Stairs.

>4/10 on imdb

The exorcism scene in the exorcism of Emily Rose have met some rad goosebumps