Which one should I watch?

which one should I watch?

horrible taste.

Lawrence of Arabia is probably the best, John Wick 2 is probably the most entertaining
What an absolute shitshow otherwise though user jesus christ

black mass, take it whitey

why?
really? quite a few of those movies are considered classics/masterpieces or are otherwise critical darlings. if you have any recs, I'm definitely willing to DL them
I hear it isn't actually that great and that people give it more credit than it deserves simply because they're elated that Depp proved he isn't way over the hill

Agreed, holy shit OP. What a bunch of shit, delete it all.

Who is Pedro?

a buddy of mine. I'm not gonna delete it, but I'd be happy to DL any recs you may have

Black mass ain't so bad if you like mob movies

yeah most of it looks like shit of the ones I know.

I'd go with lawrence of arabia, four lions, moana , zootopia and maybe silence and walkabout

>this entry level shit
Are you under 20 by any chance?

People are calling it a bad list because it's a lot of recent non-mainstream movies, so they haven't had time to build a reputation. Of the mainstream movies they do recognize (GotG, The Accountant, etc.), most are indeed garbage, but that's symptomatic of mainstream releases as a whole.

I'd go with The Best of Youth. It's a real 10/10.

Spring is good if it's the one I'm thinking of.

Four lions is what I'd watch today

I've been meaning to watch Ghost in the Shell. Watch it and tell me how it is.

you sound like an alright dude, so i'll give you an honest rec.
watch Ghost Dog: Way of The Samurai

25. I've seen a lot of stuff
ahh gotcha. that makes sense. I've been meaning to watch Best of Youth for a while so I may go with that. thanks user
it's a horror-romance set in Italy I believe
appreciate it

Solaris for Scifi

A Cure for Wellness for a visual experience

>horrible taste
>on movies that haven't been watched yet to think if they're good or not
uhh..

I've loved Forrest since The Shield so I'll definitely do that soon. it sounds like a concept that would be really easy to fuck up though
thanks user
lol to be honest with you, I tend to download stuff I'm pretty sure I'll like. that doesn't mean I can't tell if it's mediocre/bad in general, though (e.g. I liked This is the End, but it's definitely not important cinema or whatever)

I'm a sucker for anything cyberpunk, so I'm sure I'll like it more than most people. it's really just a small fix until the new Blade Runner, though

Having a good taste means knowing good directors, good productions, good critics, good filmmakers overall. You can therefore deduct whether a movie is worth seeing or not beforehand. More than half of the movies in your picture are from awful filmmakers and therefore are likely not worth seeing.

Jesus christ, I shouldn't be having to explaining this shit in a television and film board, but this place is run amok with GoT tourists so maybe I shouldn't be so surprised.

that guy wasn't me (OP), but you're not wrong. any filmmaker recs you want to throw my way?

Wasn't OP, but also I don't agree with that method of adding movies to your backlog, bad directors can learn from their mistakes and world-acclaimed directors can end up with 10+ years of mediocre movies

four lions is a good jej

can you think of any directors who churned out mediocrity for years and then released something brilliant?
you're the third person who's recommended it so I guess that's what I'll go with. thanks, user

James Gunn.

GotG? can't say I agree, but I hear ya.

paterson
rams
plemya
solaris

these are good, rest are shit or unknown to me

Four lions..
Allahu akbar

user you won't remember 90% of those films, utterly generic.

>VLC

/thread

Probably

>25

A Brighter Summer Day is absolute kinography

A Fish Called Wanda...still fun and you get to see what London was like mid-late 80's.

DUDE I ONLY WATCH OBSCURE FILMS LMAO

Stop shouting

Reddit: the folder

To be fair Lost in America is really good. You should watch all of Albert Brooks' films. He's quite underrated, unfortunately.

>Baywatch (2017)

Brooklyn is good

>oldest film is from 1971

pleb

four lions or a fish called wanda

your kino folder needs work.

Watch Fish called Wanda, Four Lions and Lawrence of Arabia. The rest is garbo

OP here. I finished Four Lions. It was pretty funny, although it could've been much more biting.

3.5/5, good rec fellas.

It's my "to watch" folder. I've seen every movie in your pic outside of Faster Pussycat and Kwaidan.

If I were you I'd go watch Brooklyn, Captain Fantastic, Carol and Scent of a Woman. All real good films desu. Or if you just wanna watch a fun flick check John Wick 2. But for god's sake ditch Baywatch, Exodus, Ghost in the Shell, Guardians of the Galaxy, Lion and The Accountant, literal reddit-tier shitflicks

I'm definitely not going in expecting any of those to be good outside of Lion. You're saying that one is mediocre as well? I figured it'd be favorably comparable to Slumdog Millionaire.

I cringe when I see people keeping their video files in fucking folders. What possible additional files could you ABSOLUTELY NEED to store with the video file? You're not even doing the [also gay but at least functional] thing where the folder icons are relevant to the movies.

why did you ABSOLUTELY NEED to make this post?

nigger this ain't Sup Forums, he can use whatever the fuck he wants desu

Subtitle files you mong

>Scent of a Woman

>faggy administrator during the hearing scene

All of my movies have subtitle files and screenshots of scenes from the movie that I found particularly beautiful.

Then merge the fucking subtitle files with the video file using a free program that does so and keep the resulting video file. It's not hard. Jesus.

i don't believe you.

>kino folder
>has oblivion on it

this 2bh. Sup Forums is full of autistic dilettantes. it's a terrible combination. you have mostly good movies outside of the blockbuster trash, OP. you won't miss out on anything by not watching them but I understand the "cultural event" aspect of it

oblivion is confirmed Sup Forums kino, crossposter.

>using a free program that does so
Too much effort tbqh. What program do you use?

I'll try my best to soldier on

yeh, because I will install and fuck with some retarded program so some raging autist on Sup Forums is satisfied with how I organize my files

>unironically being proud enough of an entry level collection to share it with strangers
lol

MKVToolNix

>gets triggered when someone outs him as a file organization slob

>being this jelly
laffin at u my man

more like confirmed shit, that part where they brought morgan freeman to the spaceship was absolutely retarded

yeah dude, why should I even try to watch film when Nolan and Tarantino lovers such as yourself are so far ahead of the rest of us

from the outside it may look alright, but it's utter cheesy oscarbait, and it only got nominated to the oscars cause shlomo shekeilstein paid a lot

>that first year film student elitism
kek
neck yourself, redderboxd

kill me

>not knowing you're a pleb
sad

>calls someone out for first year student elitism
>literally bragging about his collection including Nolan and Tarantino
lol
this word is rarely used correctly here, but talk about projection

>A Brighter Summer Day
>A Fish Called Wanda
>A River Runs Through It
>American Graffiti
>Anomalisa
>Before Trilogy
>Brooklyn
>Captain Fantastic
>Carol
>Cemetery of Splendor
>Hard to Be a God
>Horse Money
>Kano
>Lawrence of Arabia
>Lean on Me
>Legend
>Lost in America
>Love and Friendship
>Mediterranea
>Moana
>Never Let Me Go
>Paterson
>Plemya
>Rams
>Scent of a Woman
>Sherpa
>Silence
>Solrais
>The Abyss
>The Assassin
>The Best of Youth
>The Club
>The Student
>Walkabout
>Your Name
>Zootopia

These are all legitimately excellent choices. My pick is Cemetery of Splendor, but I'm biased since Weerasethakul is my favorite director of all time. Silence is also amazing - if you're a fan of Scorcese, you can't miss it because it highlights his maturation as a director.

t. Canadian (You) Hunter

feels gucci knowing I'll never be this much of a fucking loser