What's some Hong Kino?

What's some Hong Kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AP7utU8Efow
youtube.com/watch?v=8RK4sp8aMWA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hard boiled

Edward Yang is godtier. It's impossible to not make his films sound boring when you describe them, but they're genuinely among the best modern films to exist.

Many people like Wong Kar-Wai and Tsai Ming-Liang, but I find them kinda dull and pedestrian, but you oughtta check them out too.

Now off, shoo, get off Sup Forums and watch some Yangkino.

Recommend me one then

not OP but loved Yi Yi, any other good yang kino?

Chingwar-Kaishek Lovemi Lovemi Lontaim

Sleeping Dogs

implying vidya can't be kino

Chinks have never made a good film

Edward Yang is indeed a great director but he's Taiwanese

A Brighter Summer Day

inferno affairs

Are there any good grimy cyberpunk feeling hong kong films?

Chink films suck

Sleeping Dogs, great sandbox game set in Hong Kong

That's not a film

Is there any Kowloon walled city film?

Chungking Express is the one people like I think

Shaolin soccer

What's HK like now? I hear it's less westernised.

>tfw living in Hong Kong and can't even afford to rent a coffin apartment

What's it like there?

Edward Yang's Yi Yi is neither on kickass nor on ptb. Oh well, I guess I'll stick to hollywood cape shit

650 USD a month to live here

I'm inclined to believe you're exaggerating.

why do people sleep with their clothes on? I thought that was only in the movies

You could probably find some place cheaper somewhere farther away from the city center, probably it's not much bigger than pic related

That's higher than the price of a place in central London. Which is why I don't believe you.

Why is everything so dirty and crowded in films set there?

People in the UK could always move to the country side for cheap housing, or live in mum's basement, there's no such things in Hong Kong

Kowloon is kino

youtu.be/AP7utU8Efow

Good bro, come visit. We can get wonton noodles.

Will I get stabbed for being a Brit?

All the white people live on HK island where they can get champagne brunch and quinoa salads

Depends which part. I paid equiv of 900 USD/month for a room like that in a basement in Kensington, though with shared kitchen and bathroom.
In any case, London is generally expensive but not as bad as parts of crowded cities like HK and Tokyo as far as £/m2 goes.

lel. They literally line up to suck British dick here.

Based colonial mentality.

What the fuck are you living there for

There are much cheaper areas in zone 2 and the commute is short anyway

Specific Rim

A Better Tomorrow 1 and 2
Hard Boiled
The Killer
Infernal Affairs

So I can reenact Chungking Mansions with some qt3.14 Faye Wong lookalike

In London?

It was convenient to be able to walk to uni. Eventually moved to zone 2. It wasn't so much the size/price of the room which was a problem, but all the places you'll find for that cheap in kensington are in terrible condition, I'd imagine worse than a lot of places in HK just due to sheer age.

Why do films from Hong Kong feel quite western even though they're in Cantonese?

I suppose that makes sense, but you're paying so much more that I don't see it as worth it.

I have to move to London for work soon (well, Northwood right now but central in about six months) and I'm stressing out on where to live.

There's only pakis and Indians selling overpriced weeds in Chung King mansion

I want to try a pork bun

No room for a wardrobe to keep them in

You can literally go to chinatown in any major city to get one

Because most Hong Kong films people actually watch are from the 80s/90s when Hong Kong was British and very culturally distinct from China. Now the Chinks are assimilating the city and 'Easternising' it which is why Hong Kong cinema now is just generic chinkshit.

you'd better not be implying HK was better under colonialism

It's soulless chink shit now

They had protests that were wanting the British back.

No, they had protests against the chinese

You guys just convinced me to watch A Brighter Summer Day - I've had it downloaded for months but hadn't gotten around to it. Thanks, anons.

>Wong Kar Wai was the GOAT director during the 90s
>Now he makes garbage for Chinese Netflix
How the mighty have fallen

Is he the chink Ridley Scott?

>Watch Chungking Express
>Don't realise the two stories are completely unconnected because I can't tell chinese people apart and thought they were the same people

I feel like a complete idiot

Are you some sort of nudist, user? I think movies are fairly accurate in this regard.

This

Pyjamas master race

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li

Doyle is still shooting on great projects though.

Tsai Ming Liang and Edward Yang are Cantonese you dummy, theyre Taiwanese, they essentially make Chinese cinema.

No you probably have autism. They're obviously not unconnected as well, the characters even meet each other, the connection is the disconnection that they all feel due to living in this massive monster of a city in which emotion is not able to grow because the more people there are the more lonely each of them becomes, due to not being able to build up trust.

Nude master race reporting in.
But only the first day after a nice long shower and change of sheets.

That place doesn't exist anymore though. Assuming you're referring to the walled city.

>Doyle
>Staying sober enough to work on great projects
I aren't think that
youtube.com/watch?v=8RK4sp8aMWA

Bring back the 90s