en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_public_debt
cbc.ca/news/business/ottawa-federal-surplus-deficit-1.3559175
youtube.com/watch?v=AUfFdhIOoQM
youtube.com/watch?v=uSTOcyevIOE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

His hair is shit

Trudeau supporter detected

because canadians loved him too much.

Invested way too heavily into oil and we got fucked when Saudis started selling it cheap.

He had a huge cock. Made all the nu-male torontonians jealous.

His French was bad

he is a cyborg

>Invested
Where did this meme come from? The government of canada didn''t invest in shit. The reason for the oil boom was the fact that oil hit like $140 fucking dollars a barrel. Harper had fuck all to do with that.

Because he was seen as stale among the youth and was essentially a face for the failures of conservative party. His chinese oil magic coupled with our mortgage regulations kept us out of the worst of the 2008 recession but it eventually backfired when oil prices plummeted.

I'm not a Harper fan but a lot of the shit he got was completely manufactured by ass hurt 20 something college students. A lot of my more lefty friends thought he was bordering on right wing death squad territory because all they do is read The Star and Facebook for political news.

this

The guy wasn't even conservative. In canada there is no such thing. We only have fiscally conservative or fiscally liberal, everyone without exception is multicultural cuckolds

With the amount of immigrants we have( especially Indian and Asian), it's political suicide not to be "hurr multiculturalism is da best guyz"

Because he's a fucking asshole who repeatedly fucked over the East and put all his eggs into one retarded basket.

Not a true conservative, just another Globalist puppet.

>With the amount of immigrants we have

We're more white than america. Probably even more white than France or Germany right now

A large portion of them live in extremely contested election areas though. Eg: Nearly the entirety of southern Ontario

>repeatedly fucked over the East
How?
>put all his eggs into one retarded basket
What basket is that? If you say "oil" I'm going to lose my shit.

Massive puppet for the chinks, huge crony capitalist

we had a surplus at the end of his term, our bank standing was AAA+, the highest among all g7 nation thanks to him, and we're the only nation among the g7 to have a positive job growth exceeding 200,000 after the 2009 market crash. Harper was doing quite well considering what he was up against.

They're basically all gathered in and around toronto or vancouver. The rest of the country is like 90% white. The problem is that a ton of whites here a cucked beyond belief. They've been raised and brainwashed to believe that multiculturalism is great even if they barely live around any nonwhites at all

Because Trudeau said he would legalize weed.

Oil made Canadian dollar high, made exports uncompetitive, which lead to lods of manufacturing closing down, then he committed treason by signing an act that allows foreigners to police Canadians, and the fact that he sold all the gold is also not too okay with me.

ya dig?

Because kids don't understand how money works or where it comes from and would rather enjoy circle jerking about policies that make them feel all happy and bubbly inside

jesus christ those children are abominations

Didn't harper's government spend a couple million dollars on some jets to keep northern Canada safe and their borders established between themselves and Russia? I think that's another reason why people didn't like him to much, as I remember from my blue pilled days: "He's buying a few jets for (however million) to defend our FINE CANADIAN ICE."

Funny how no one was complaining when our oil industry was carrying our economy to a boom and the Canadian dollar was higher than the USD.

The TFW program, lack of transparency, censorship, changed all the portraits of past prime ministers into portraits of himself, and he is kind of creepy.
I can't believe Alberta actually voted for him, he sent 200,000 filipinos to AB yet they still vote for the guy. You cannot get any more of a cucked province than that lol

I remember my brothers fiance did research on the conservative TFW program and how they greatly abused it and it got censored by Harper and she couldn't publish it (it's in the archives at UBC though) and she was shouted down by all our older relatives that voted for Harper that legitimately thought he had nothing to do with the horrible state of our immigration.

and in 2015 our debt to gdp was the same as it was in 2006 when he became PM. taxes also decreased through this period of time

This

>repeatedly fucked over the East
by not making canada subsidize it heavily on top of what they were already getting
plus, the media told them to hate harper
>What basket is that? If you say "oil" I'm going to lose my shit.
energy, oil, and mining increased from 6% to 8% while he was PM.
people think he "put all our eggs in one basket" because people went out west to make a killing in oil as the price of oil (which canada doesn't control) escalated up.

i agree with real estate. chretien, martin, harper, trudeau are all to blame for the mess our real estate and construction industries are in
"he put all our eggs in the oil basket"
this is bullshit. oil prices went up to beyond breakeven, so companies invested in extraction. pretty dumb to not be selling oil at $110/barrel when you can.

Except he intentionally refused to do a keynesian deficit near the end of his term because the liberals were proposing to do it.
He did one in 2008, so he clearly was following liberal economic theories like keynes. Then the economy started crashing, but an election was looming and he decided to use the ever so popular propaganda that "deficits are bad" against the libs and refused to do another deficit.

The gdp-to-debt was plummeting so according to theory a deficit would be needed, but nope, election coming, no time for that shit, time to blame the liberals for everything.

total big business shill, he brought in 300 foreign workers to replace native ones

thanks steve for making canada great again

>fucked over the east
>overfishing and rampant alcoholism wouldn't have done it for you
What the fuck ever man.
He wasn't great, but I'll take him over trublow. He got us through a fiscal crisis. But he did it by starting the sale of gold, importing TFWs, ruining BCs housing market for canadian nationals and by being in office when oil blew up. No doubt I don't think it was all him, but I also don't think our other choices were as great as him. It wasn't ideal but I voted for him again last fall. And I think in a few years more canadians will wish they did. This countries going to hell in a hand basket and no one can stop it.
If anything, I say sacrifice BC. I'd take 6 months of chinks in condos before 12 months of Durkas raping and pillaging.

we offloaded most of the gold in the 80's/90's.
shawglobalnews.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/canada-gold.png
ontario fucked itself with manufacturing. quebec's is picking up while ontario's is falling apart. the provinces are their own worst enemy when it comes to manufacturing

and here we are, someone willing to commit deficit spending just after we had a surplus, how's that 118 billion dollar deficit keynesian magic working out for you? an increase to 8.6% job unemployment, a lost of 76,000+ full-time jobs, and a reduction in our lending/banking rating sure is great stuff.

dammed if you do, dammed if you don't.
the slowdown was not a general slowdown but concentrated in the energy sector. we quickly recovered from that but our recovery is shit because instead of 12% of our economy being in real estate/construction now 20% of it is. we can't export or consume that.

and all just in the span of a few months.

Because, contrary to what Shmuel Harperstein believed, support for Israel is not a winning issue among the population

Don't worry

Trudue bought in 30,000 muslims to replace native workers

Thanks for making trudue Muslim again

it hasn't kicked in yet, and most of it is earmarked to line the pockets of the old liberals.
people forgot about the federal liberals, so they had to dig up pierre trudeau from the grave to try to look good

this is really the only thing that bothered me a lot about him: globalist ZOG shill, through and through.
on almost every other issue he was awesome

TPP? Mass immigration? The hints of a North American Union just before the election?

Harper was a total shabbos goy on all fronts

>TPP? Mass immigration? The hints of a North American Union just before the election?

>globalist ZOG shill, through and through.

can you not fucking read?

lolwat just after we had a surplas? The gdp-to-debt ratio plummeted under Harper and he at best kept it level during oil's greatest boom period. When oil was hitting $100/barrel we actually reaped zero rewards from it thanks to Harper. Our gdp-to-dept went DOWN in that time.

I guess all that extensive experience as a mail clerk utilizing his masters of economics came in handy didn't it?

>on almost every other issue he was awesome

Is what I was addressing

idk who he is but he looks like a tool

youtube.com/watch?v=vM-vz_CKZP8

Faggot/female detected

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_public_debt
cbc.ca/news/business/ottawa-federal-surplus-deficit-1.3559175

also it's surplus. not "surplas"

>People getting mad at harper for being a """supposed zionist shill""""
>Trudue the actual confirmed zionist shill is fine though

Why are canadians so fucking stupid?

>implying there's a difference between Harper and Justin

that's the fucking problem with harper, he's just not marketable, he talks like he's eating dinner with his mother-in-law.

Harper wasn't blatant about it

>they've both attended bilderberg meetings before they got in office
>canadian conservatives are the best of a bad situation
Give us ted cruz back.

>Canadians need to market their politicians

Are canadians devoid of having their own opinons?
Do they need to be told in simple terms on how to think?

I'm learning a lot about canada today

It's a typo calm down
Also there's no proof for the surplus, the year is not over. It's easy to say there would have been a surplus when you're not in power because the opposition always does that. The liberals and ndp regularly did that after every election saying "hurr durr our economic plan is better"

Since when has a legitimate classical keynesian deficit ever failed? It only fails when opposition parties gain enough power to start fucking it up. Actually historically it wasn't considered "liberal" economics because even Reagan used keynesian economic theory. If it works, it works, get over it.

Is that supposed to make a difference?

>the amount of Canadian flags in this thread

It gave the credibility that secret policies needed to remain a secret because the canadian people have an actual voice and would call for an injustice

Trudue figured out that canadians are morons and don't make a difference to anyone so he dosen't even need to go the extra layer of hiding policies

Lost your credibility

yeah, I heard you also had that same problem in america. but I think it's more pronounced here, since it got justin into office.

no they did not, They never lied about deficits or surpluses because the Government Finance Statistics Office often calls them out on it (it's like how the congressional budgetary office works in the U,S), no one ever questioned the validity of the surplus because it's an actual surplus which was even validated by the IMF.

Harper was changing the party laws making it pretty much impossible for mps to lose their seats. He made it so you couldn't run without paying 100s of thousands of dollars to the party and also would kick out anybody who wouldn't do what he said and wouldn't accept any new candidates to run fr the party unless they passed a screening interview

It failed in its first application during FDR's time, it failed during bush's application which resulted to the 2009 market crash, the artificially reduction of interest rates was also a main culprit for the great depression.

so considering those three examples, yes, keynesian economics do have a tendency to fail, and when they fail, they leave a big hole in one's budget.

>still dont know the guy in OPs pic
>Tricked me into watching a John Oliver video
This thread sucks.

B-but we're your colony ;_;

Your politics are so boring. Its same with the rest of our colonies.

People in my family consider him far right. I want off this ride.

Fuck off

We don't have that many people, it's more like a town hall

He could have stopped Trudeau's degeneracy

Oy vey

youtube.com/watch?v=AUfFdhIOoQM

youtube.com/watch?v=uSTOcyevIOE

Zionist shill
"muh oil bubble"
has the charisma of a robot
career politician whose primary interest was lining his pockets

>the only country who's very existence is under attack
Yes the only one...

That's right, goy.

oil went from 11% of our gdp to 9% under harper faggot

>London
Am I meant to feel something?

he had the 2nd best 4th mandate election result in history. he only lost 50k votes it's just the liberals murdered the ndp and got their slim 39% majority.

>career politician whose primary interest was lining his pockets
lol! his biggest scandals were some senator pocketing $90k (which he was found not guilty of eventually) and some low level MP buying $16 orange juice. he was literally the least corrupt prime minister we've ever had. the man didn't even flood his riding or city with projects.

Why is Harper gone? He was in power for ten years and faggot Trudeau with a famous last name came around promising dude weed and money for everyone. That's it.

Well you should definitely feel something about what's being done to England's most famous city

He sure was a hardcore zionist though. He may have fucked over the jew many times (removing hate speech laws, banning their charity tax scam, basically allowing piracy) but he LOVED Israel and wasn't afraid to show it. He was probably more pro-Israel than nettie yahoo and all other world leaders. It was odd I agree evangelists are strange.

>England
I'm not English but if I where I doubt id care.

You'll care once they start deciding your elections. Plus London has provided many opportunities to scots and the people in NI why anyone would want their capital city to fall into a shit brown state of affairs is beyond me.

You're an idiot. Harper only wanted to be PM to make pro-oil company policies so, once he left the position, he could find himself in a comfortable, high-paying position among his oil buddies. He gave zero shits about helping Canada.

Quite the claim even CBC didn't publish garbage like that. What did he do for the oil sector exactly? I'd knock your useful idiot ass on the ground if you were within arms reach. You're clearly 18 years old and don't remember what the old corrupt LPC government was like.

Again what did he do for the oil sector? It went from 11% of our GDP to 9% under Harper.

>it's bad to invest in something when the getting is good
>it's harper's fault for encouraging oil investment and the industry listened, but when he encouraged diversification in 2012 the industry ignored him

weak sauce.

There's nothing wrong with being pro-oil either I work in the oil sector and if it wasn't for people like me Quebec and Ontario would have even crazier budget deficits. Why don't people ever shit on the massive retarded subsidies for mining and forestry? O&G is the least subsidized NOC in Canada after construction and finance.

>Plus London has provided many opportunities to scots
Other way around.
>their capital city to fall into a shit brown state of affairs is beyond me.
Its been like that for decades and even before that it was full of degenerates.

scots are so miserable yet they make up the largest ethnic group in canada and we have a reputation for not being miserable and for loving the union and the crown. what happened between 1800 and 2016?

it's not just misplaced regulation on real estate, or montreal criminal syndicates dealing in construction, it's also anti-growth that the average canadian has 167% debt-to-income ratio

even our marketable candidates were character assassinated, e.g. Chris Alexander.

you want debt to gdp to decrease.
that's how much you owe relative to the size of the economy
how could we both put all our eggs in the oil basket but not get money out of it?
you might be retarded.

it's never worked

>distance makes the heart grow fonder

>lining his pockets

wew lad, you musta forgot the 90s ontario liberals, or federal ndp and liberal scandals, in the 1960s and 1980s, respectively.

>this is what CBC-propaganda-fed college kids actually believe

He won three elections I'd hardly call that unpopular.

We don't even have fiscally conservative party in Canada. The PCs consistently spend just as much as their Liberal counterparts they just spend it on different shit.

>it's not just misplaced regulation on real estate, or montreal criminal syndicates dealing in construction, it's also anti-growth that the average canadian has 167% debt-to-income ratio
the feds determine the regulation around mortgages. in 2009, they decided that 0% down 40-year variable rate mortgages would be CMHC-insured. That means the public would take the risk of mortgage default, not the banks.

It's been ratcheted down to 5% 25-year VRMs, but the damage has already been done

> O&G is the least subsidized NOC in Canada
wtf are you talking about, dumbass?

He's a manlet

Not only does the government in Canada not 'invest' in oil Harper got rid of the few oil subsidies there were. Liberals seem to be blaming him for not banning the oil industry outright.