Why did critics give a free pass to Marvel while every other blockbuster gets dissected to death?

Why did critics give a free pass to Marvel while every other blockbuster gets dissected to death?

You fucking know why.

hacksaw ridge was really shitty
I turned off notcurnal animals when the fat lady naked started dancing in the first 10 seconds of the movie and rewatched kill bill volume 1 instead.

It doesn't even have the highest average score of the three movies listed.

dude just turn off your brain lmao

kys

When the shilling hits so hard you start to compare marvelshit with 2001.

Nocturnal Animals was trash you fucking pleb swine

t. marvel shiteater

I don't think the site has any credibility left.

>over 250 RT approved 'critics' rushed to see a Marvel movie
>less than a hundred could be bothered to see Nocturnal Animals
the absolute state of this 'profession'

Imagine if like, someone were equally inspired by THE COUNSELOR, THE NEON DEMON, and the more intellectual end of the Japanese New Wave…but they were also fairly dumb, but were so mistakenly confident that they didn’t stop to check about basic shit like “maybe this fairly routine scene doesn’t need to be several minutes long”, never mind more esoteric stuff like “why is that”. That it ends on a note so ambiguous that even its ambiguity can be questioned is, well another element.

>Hacksaw Ridge
>Nocturnal Animals
>Blockbusters

What makes you believe that implication was made? Regular blockbusters (bad but still better than MCU turds) are usually at 20-30% range.

>"It might baffle younger children."

If this movie baffled any kid of mine, I'd go home and demand a paternity test.

The only thing baffling to me about this movie is how they expect anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together to not immediately start to question where all these badass sorcerers have been for the bulk of the MCU's history.

I liked nocturnal animals a lot!

>it's also heady
>literally an Iron Man rehash with shittier jokes

and then

>like 2001 meets Harry Potter
Hold the fuck on there. Have they seen either?

All three of those are trash

nocturnal animals has the highest score in that list. RT is still bad though.

Name three

> rottentomatoes

Average rating

Not percentage

King Arthur, The Hitman's Bodyguard, and The Dark Tower.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying any one of these is some unsung masterpiece, just that they're not noticeably poorer in quality than anything Disney's produced under the Marvel brand.

Dark Tower in particular comes across like a Disney interpretation of the source material - superficial characterization, watered-down violence, see-through themes, kid-friendly. Really the only thing it was missing was a quip-dispenser.

because Marvel movies are, generally, great. Doctor Strange was very good. I dont know why you have a hard time understanding this.

DUDE JUST PUT ON A FEDORA AND HATE EVERYTHING FUN LMAO

>"""""""CRITICS"""""""

Its rotten tomatoes dawg its not the gospel truth.

>because Marvel movies are, generally, great.
Marvel movies are trash. Even in the realms of pleb entertainment, they can't even live up to the already low standards of the genre. They are a cancer on film.

>implying Marvel's audience isn't fedora tipping atheist nu-males

because its mindless "fun"
if normies dont completely hate a movie then they think they love it.

Imagine if like, someone were equally inspired by THE COUNSELOR, THE NEON DEMON, and the more intellectual end of the Japanese New Wave…but they were also fairly dumb, but were so mistakenly confident that they didn’t stop to check about basic shit like “maybe this fairly routine scene doesn’t need to be several minutes long”, never mind more esoteric stuff like “why is that”. That it ends on a note so ambiguous that even its ambiguity can be questioned is, well another element.