>the blackest old lady for starfire

what's with the casting in this shit?!

Other urls found in this thread:

liorpachter.wordpress.com/2014/12/02/the-perfect-human-is-puerto-rican/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is she 40?She looks 40.

>getting mad about who plays FICTIONAL CHARACTERS
>specifically getting mad about an ORANGE CHARACTER when actresses like Zoe Saldana have shown you can be black and play characters of different colors.

The absolutel state of (You).

hol up, amma letchu finish, a'rite? But furs youz gotta understand dat we wuz tama'reneans an sheeit. Whitey took us from our world fanks to Yakub, and put us on wooden boats. Den we wuz dropped in Africa where we built pyramids. See Stargate's where we used to park our Pontiacs so whitey won't steal em.

@86814379
Starfire is supposed to be a teenager or early 20s at the latest. That sheboon looked like she's in her early 50s.

>brown hair

>whitest

ayy

Dick Grayson is supposed to have a thing for redheads. Starfire is supposed to be a redhead. Starfire being some black crackwhore is dumb. Might as well make her a different character.

Yeah man, it's not like the exact same people cheering this on are the ones that would get PTSD from seeing Egyptians played by white actors.

Is Robin gonna be Pakistain?

Because it's no longer about fidelity, creativity or even aesthetics any more.

It's about turning every fucking cast in existence into the fucking Burger King Kids Club. Because that makes media better for some inconceivable reason.

>actresses like Zoe Saldana have shown you can be black and

Zoe is Latina famalam

A Raven fan.

So go tell your rent a mob who got piles over Ghost in the Shell, Gods of Egypt, Star Wars and LoTR having no "diversity", etc. The list of your gripes is endless, you have a desperate need to be over-indulged in our culture, while we're supposed to be passive and grateful while being erased.

Zoe Saldana got accused of blackface when she played a black singer

Starfire is a tan girl. Why does EVERYTHING have to pander to niggers? Why not cast an actual tan girl, like a Latina or Persian? Don't you think tan women would like to see someone like them on the big screen? Literally everything on the planet has to pander to niggers and it's inexplicable and annoying.

WE WUZ ORANGE ALIENZ N SHIT

>Starfire looks old enough to be Raven's mum

Zoe can play anything because she's mixed race and has some white facial features so she looks ethnically ambiguous enough that she doesn't offend anyone. There's a difference between turn Starfire into a mixed race girl vs outright turning her into a baboon monkey women.

You just made me realize that this is another capeshit redhead getting blacked. Is there some anti redhead agenda? Why do they so easily replace gingers with niggers like they're just rearranging the letters?

>Zoe can play anything because she's mixed race

that's not true, she got accuse of black face for playing Nina Simone, so she's not black enough for black roles.

Latina is not a race. She's black.

I don't care that Starfire is a nigger, but did it have to be an old, ugly one? Hell i don't even care she is ugly, but why the fuck so old looking.

>specifically getting mad about an ORANGE CHARACTER when actresses like Zoe Saldana have shown you can be black and play characters of different colors.

And how did she "show" this?
By nearly ruining the movie?

Why are they having a middle aged woman play a teenaged character?

>white facial features

She's genetically 50-70% European and nigs don't like her because she's pretty and not a total retard monkey like them. She's mixed race.

I meant she's much less niggerer than the typical round headed baboon.

It's to generate news headlines and discussion like this. The show will be shit and would get no publicity otherwise.

"Blackface" wouldn't be the right word but Zoe wasn't miscast because she's not black enough. The average black person does not look like Nina Simone.

ive put up with lot of bullshit nigger castings nut this pisses me off the most. star was my childhood waifu and they get this nigress to play her. i fucking knew they were planning something when they made her a nigger in Injustice 2

Latino is the coalition of mixing every race asian indian, black slaves and white conquistadors get some education senpai

Once you latino it doesn't matter what the other persons race is its gonna come out latino, weather it be light skinned latino or dark skinned latino

Practically every character in film and tv is fictional you moron, however in this case they are using an existing well defined character and the reason they are doing so is to make use of an existing fanbase to generate interest.

Then they choose an actress who looks as far as possible from the character which fans have seen depicted in tons of comics, and I'm not talking just about the skin color (which can be fixed to some extent) but every single prominent facial feature.

This is a new wave of (((Hollywood))) shitcasting, and for some fucking reason it's all black people they are shoehorning in, are there no hispanic or asian actresses available, they would look ten times more the part, I guess they are just too white...

Why was Zoe in the first pirates but not the rest? Jack owed her a ship

She straight upp have said to be black and does not se herself as a latina.

I'd give her some white facial features if you smell what i'm stepping in.

No she said the opposite, she doesn't see herself as black. then she backtracked to fix her pr

Don't you mean blacktracked

I used to fantasize about how beautiful Starfire's olive skinned feet would be when I was a kid watching that show.

Now I get to see her in live action, and she's an ape with hooves. Gross.

Have you seen her parents? Her mom is a pardo and her dad is black. She's more black than anything, with some European and Native.

No one who is 70% white is going to come out looking like Zoe.

One parent is dominican the other is Puerto Rican 100% latina

Latino doesn't mean mixed. It means coming from Latin America. You can be any race and be Latino.

It's supposed to be the 'teen titans' and she look's like a 45 year old grandma chimp

Wtf is this horseshit

literally me user

And you know she has that funky ass smell black people have

>"Teen" Titans
>female leads look either pre-teen, or middle aged
w h a t

Also yeah, fuck that Starfire casting, if they wanted (((diversity))) then just add Bumblebee to the cast. Starfire has never been portrayed as looking or sounding negroid. In fact some comic runs would pale her orange skin to make her look as Caucasian and "normal" as possible, orange inflammatory hair withstanding.

Now you're reaching here man, anyway you can also count the US and Canada as being part of Latin america

Can we have a white woman play Blue Beetle or an aryan chad play Cyborg?

She literally never said this. This is a meme people spread as an excuse to hate her

>When I go to the D.R., the press in Santo Domingo always asks, "¿Qué te consideras, dominicana o americana?" (What do you consider yourself, Dominican or American?) I don't understand it, and it's the same people asking the same question. So I say, time and time again, "Yo soy una mujer negra." ("I am a black woman.") [They go] "Oh, no, tú eres trigueñita." ("Oh no, you are 'dark skinned'") I'm like, "No! Let's get it straight, yo soy una mujer negra." ("I am a black woman.")

>White man gets employed
>"Race doesn't matter, you should pick people based on who can do the best job."

>Black girl gets employed
>"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHY IS SHE BLACK"

Why is Sup Forums so retarded?

There's not way to make shrinking powers edgy enought for DC for it to make it on film

>Teen Titans
>being anything other than young adults
Confirmed for never actually reading anything about the team.

Never said she wasn't Latina. Latina is an ethnicity. "Dominican" and "Puerto Rican" aren't races. When a DNA test is done its not going to say "Latino".

I had to look up her age, she's 20 fucking 9 and looks 40. So much for black don't crack

>Why do they so easily replace gingers with niggers
Gingers=Irish=Potato Niggers.

>he thinks Sup Forums considers him a real white person
kek

Whitewashing of canonical black character when exactly ?

Blackfire >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Starfire

to be fair her face doesn't actually have many cracks

>implying I havent watched the show,
>read the Wolfman and Perez runs,
>read the Geoff John's 00's run,
>and even read most of the shitty Nu52 run too,
>as well as watching all the Titans related animated movies.

Teen Titans is my shit dude.

If they're going for the more modern "Starfire/Nightwing are older mentors to the actual teens" angle, then sure. But originally all the main cast members were teenagers.

>cast relatively unknown black woman in her 30s to play a teenaged character that is clearly caucasian with orange skin for no other reason than to virtue signal
Why do dumb shitheads swallow anything given to them. They picked her for no other reason than to say
>wow wee! Look at how diverse we are! Gib money plz

liorpachter.wordpress.com/2014/12/02/the-perfect-human-is-puerto-rican/

The fact that the “perfect human” is Puerto Rican makes a lot of sense. Since many disease SNPs are population specific, it makes sense that an individual homozygous for all “good” alleles should be admixed. And that is exactly what Puerto Ricans are.

here nigga basically latinos are so mixed that theire something else racewise

>cast Ewan McGregor as MLK
>"REEEEEE WHITEWASHING"

>cast monkey as white character
>"wow fuck off Sup Forums there's nothing wrong here"

>Teen Titans is my shit dude.
Clearly not, since you're complaining about their age as if it was always the most important aspect of the comic books. Did you enjoy copy/pasting shit from the Wikipedia article?

Best for the job when it comes to an actor has nothing to do with their appearance when depicting an existing well-established character ???

Just how fucking retarded are you ?

Fat fuck Sup Forums mods exposed, they are attempting to stop this from getting out.

user, I want to tongue kiss you.
Also, super truth trip 7s witnessed.

Seems relevant to the topic, did you guys see who they cast as the guy from Frozen for the broadway play? Spitting image I think

>the blackest old lady for starfire

do white people have eyes that aren't color fucked? anna doesn't look old at all. she looks her age and mature. i know nu-age faggots can't tell the difference in old and young anymore if both parties cover their faces in pink makeup and bleach their skin, but anna diop doesn't look old at all.

>all Puerto Ricans are the same

Got it. Ricky Martin and Claudette Ortiz are clearly the same race.

You're really dumb

Aja Naomi King would've been a better choice. She is the around the same age but looks younger.

glad we agree

who cares?

>pretending like burger king kids club wasnt cool af

die miserably and alone pls

DC has the worst casting, cgi, and marketing. marvel rapes them over and over on this.

Reminds me of when the prince of England was born

but you don't underSTAND. my DICK says that zoe has white features and you argue with my DICK!

I think that's the issue. It's not so much that she's black it's that she looks haggard and old as fuck. Like she could be ravens mother

>chinese cartoon live action movie
>main character is white
>people lose their minds
>american cartoon live action movie
>main character is black
>other group of people lose their minds

it's called bias, plain and simple.

>starfire (an alien with orange skin) was canonically white

i always forget that orange is located just below white on the color spectrum.

Nigger

>black and white people are only distinguishable by their skin color
You're a big dummy

If they make her the exact same orange color with luxurious red hair then I'm sorta OK with it. If they go Domino style and keep her skin then they shit the bed.

The Raven girl could be OK.

Given the judgement from television execs so far, I imagine the worst will be true.

dafuk what about the girl is she nigress

>i always forget that orange is located just below white on the color spectrum.

Every feature of her face was caucasian, I don't give a shit if they found a poc with those facial features and gave her a orange spray tan, but they chose a black woman with no features whatsoever corresponding with the established character. The only reason to cast her as Starfire was in order to make a diversity statement.

Worse, they didn't even cast someone who looks good, for a character who has always been described as a literal goddess.

Orange alien. I suppose one of the Trumps could work, but they're too busy profiting off the presidency

>chinese cartoon live action movie, main character is white

That role was specifically written for Matt Damon, a caucasian male. Your shitty comparisons are getting increasingly desperate.

Who the fuck decides casting like this is a good idea?

Clearly the bigger issue we're missing here is that Teen Titans is being written by Johns, the creator of Arrow, and fucking Akiva Goldsman who wrote Batman & Robin.

How the fuck is this asshole still employed?

She became more famous and Disney didn't want to spend more money.

>Every feature of her face was caucasian
Yeah, the green eyeballs and orange skin are what strikes me as truly caucasian. You're deliberately ignoring every single detail of her appearance.

aww, lil white boys dun know how truly universal "white" characteristics are outside of blue eyes and blond hair. colors are the only things that matter in this conversation and the character in question has orange skin.

go be asspained elsewhere.

>facial features and bone structure don't have anything to do with race
There's more to bring black or white than skin color you dope

>>facial features and bone structure
All changing and interchangeable across the decades since her first appearance. Keep going, I love it when normies pretend they know what they're talking about.

It's fine she's black but why did they choose one that is so ugly

>WHITES
>WHITE

LMAO NICE TRY