What does Sup Forums think of South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut?

What does Sup Forums think of South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LhuKrga3eaU
youtube.com/watch?v=LonKGuS9uuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Jo4XXm8OUP4
youtube.com/watch?v=DNNOeEDB19E
southpark.cc.com/clips/103439/riddle-out
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

its south park the way I loved it
All the songs are very good.

Aged badly, still funny tho.

good movie desu

the leaked earlier script had some pretty interesting concepts too

longest 4 minutes of my life waiting for the video to rewind so i could watch it again.
jay and silent bob strike back.
the two videos i watched on repeat constantly, just for background noise.

I was 12 at the time this came out, and only after watching a video about its making on youtube a while back it struck me how ironic and somewhat self-referential the movie was. Stone and Parker knew exactly who their audience was at the time and in part the feature film was a commentary on that.

How exactly did it age badly? Are you referring to the animation?

i heard they also designed terrance and phillip to make fun of how some parents may perceive south park

No fucking shit. When I was little I asked my dad what uncut meant and he said "it means no bleeps so they can swear however much they want, your not seeing it"

And I assumed they were just being edgy. Wasnt till I was older that they were being self aware and making a point about how society viewed tgeir own show

one of the greatest films of all time

One of the best musicals of all time.

>How exactly did it age badly?
Saddam Hussein is no longer topical.

Ridiculous R rating in the US. It was for 11+ here.

This and Return of the King are the only two movies I've seen 3 times at the cinema. First time I caught it, I'd just come out of seeing Wild Wild West with a mate. It was so shit we both agreed to see another movie to bleach our brains. We were not disappointed.

Two R rated movies kids watched because of the raunchy humor, edgy content, and F bombs.
Any sheltering parent who would even see the opening of Jay and Silent Bob would turn that shit off so fast.

It's pretty good. Back then it was probably even funnier than I find it now, but I still watch it occasionally. The songs are all pretty catchy and cool.

When I saw this movie for the first time in middle school I quoted it all the time and annoyed my friends by singing all the songs.

>the leaked earlier script had some pretty interesting concepts too

like what?

Anyway, great movie. SP was awesome right up about season 10. Peaked at season 5.

This. The rating was +12 here and I'd just turned 12 when my dad took me and my friend to see it. I remember having an absolute blast and being as confused as Stan about what the hell clitoris was

Did they cnsor the songs?

I still think it's weird that Mike Judge is the voice of Kenny.

No. My friend got the CD too.

it's good

I remember telling my Dad they made Saddam Satan's gay lover, and he got a good chuckle out of it.

I am kind of hesitant to watch it, Sup Forums. Should I go for it? What would Brian Boitano do?

It's genuinely good. Trey Parker was a music student before he got into filmmaking. South Park works perfectly as a musical.

I've never laughed that hard for that long in a theater. Had tears running down my face for the first 30 minutes or so. A masterpiece!!!FACT!!!

>the leaked earlier script had some pretty interesting concepts too
sauce

some of the songs are still stuck in my head and I havent seen it since it was in theatres

with Saddam Hussein.

Reminds me of this scene in the movie. I don't think I've ever laughed harder in a movie theater.

youtube.com/watch?v=LhuKrga3eaU

I usually despise musicals but this is gold
youtube.com/watch?v=LonKGuS9uuQ

It's good. Watching it today though it seems very quaint that the hot controversial issue worth satirizing in 1999 was swearing in movies

Absolute peak of South Park, the animation style was just perfect.

Everything past season 4 lost a tangible paper cutout feel and characters had more than 3 mouths which ruined the charm for me at least.

it aged poorly and south park is the part of the reason for that. the "raising the bar" episode was likely the most self aware south park episode

youtube.com/watch?v=Jo4XXm8OUP4

Best song.

Great movie. I'm so glad they made it relatively early in the show's life.

it was peak south park

>have you heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?

>...I don't listen to hip hop

It's really more about how a group will protest literally anything, and in that sense, it's more relevant than ever.

it aged the opposite--in a world of SJW content, these are the treasures we have left.

kyle's mom actually went insane and almost got her son and his friends executed on stage

the elementary school would've been turned into a concentration camp (and there would've been a gag where soldiers would come in and slap a star on kyle for having good grades)

these are the main two i remember

Great movie
but Team America is better

The songs are genius.

They were nominated for the Academy Awards for Best Original Song, only to lose to some awful song by Phil Collins that nobody can recall. So naturally they spent the next season or two shitting on Phil Collins non-stop. It was beautiful.

Agreed.

It´s kino

youtube.com/watch?v=DNNOeEDB19E

southpark.cc.com/clips/103439/riddle-out

Trey is a great songwriter.

>I usually despise musicals
Faggot.

O'IM PHILL COLLINZ