Unitarian Universalists

Red pill me on these guys. I remember them as being open to all religious teachings and harmless. But now the "religion" seems like straight SJW dogma.

My local one has a massive banner across the front of it to show solidarity with LGBT and BLM movements. Regardless of what I think of those movements, is it even allowed to be on display especially being broadcasted outside to everybody?? Pisses me off how there's always a double standard when it comes to the left.

Another pic from their FB

Why would it not be allowed?

Isn't it considered political speech?

Are you asking if political affiliation affects its status as a tax exempt organization?

That and if anyone had something to share about the religion

>a massive banner across the front of it to show solidarity with LGBT and BLM movements. ..., is it even allowed to be on display especially being broadcasted outside to everybody

Why wouldn't it be? I'll direct you to the 1st amendment? How is this a double standard? Nothing is legally stoping you from flying a swastika over your porch, save the fact that all your neigbors will now know you're a nazi, and exercise their right to stop talking to you.

Because how can you have tax exempt status for being a "church" and then urge members of the church how to vote. I thought that shit wasn't legal.

Don't disagree with you on principle but didn't think that was the law

Heresy.
Tax havens can't promote political garbage and remain tax exempt.

Pretty simple.

Churches frequently do tell their congregation how to vote. It's a major part of the Reagan Coalition, and one of the things that Reagan himself added to the conservative voting block.

And, yes, the law fully allows someone to fly an offensive flag.... and it fully allows a community to ostracize someone for flying an offensive flag. Prohibiting either would be in violation of 1A

Most churches file taxes as nonprofits. In other words they avoid paying taxes by claiming to be charities. Due to their tax exempt status nonprofits are basically being subsidized by the government. This comes with certain restrictions, such as no electioneering, the bulk of the money they collect has to be spent on legitimate charitable work, and regular audits by the IRS. Most churches flagrantly violate these rules. They say that having to abide by the same rules as secular charities violates their freedom of religion. Of course they could just pay their taxes like every non-charity organization does, but they claim that that violates their freedom of religion too.

Alright. My parents were Unitarian Universalist so I know a bit about it.

In that Church, I never heard the word Jesus a single time. They spent more time doing fundraisers for Somalian refugees (live in place in the US that has a lot, although they seem so much more civilized than the European ones and act similar to how Indian and Asian immigrants act). Half the service there was just straight out hippie stuff too. The reverend had these 2 bells she would ring together and she had us do these things where we would gather water and mix it together "to represent the union of the church". It turns out the majority of people going there were white liberal converts to Buddhism.

This is just the surface. I've got a lot more stories to tell about it.

>turns out the majority of people going there were white liberal converts to Buddhism
What is it with liberals and this meme religion?

What are the carving here, star of david?

It's compatible with Atheism, so it guess it appeals to them.

It's a play pretend religion for people who are actually atheists but too boring to go get drunk at brunch, of course they are socially corrosive degenerates

>reverend
>she

Bullshit denomination detected

>The reverend had these 2 bells she would ring together
>she

say no more senpai

Usually women are liberals because they hate their dad and want to do anything to piss him off, following false "exotic" religions is one easy way.

>men are liberals because they hate their dad too OR because they want to fuck girls that hate dad

>not knowing that girls who hate their dad secretly want to fuck guys exactly like their dad to try to retroactively get him to love them

Don't liberal atheists hold the same moral values as most watered down christians?

>watered down Christians
that's pretty much what Unitarian universalists are

Watered down Christians = liberal atheists

How can that be though, buddhism still has a metaphysical aspect even if there is no explicit God figure. Buddhist scripture even has concepts of heaven and hell.

They're theistic, soft SJW scum that feel guilty for not believing in God, so they just say they do.

>This is just the surface. I've got a lot more stories to tell about it.
There are sex parties aren't there?