SHOTS FIRED: James Cameron disapproves of Wonder Women

>“All of the self-congratulatory back-patting Hollywood’s been doing over Wonder Woman has been so misguided. She’s an objectified icon, and it’s just male Hollywood doing the same old thing!

>Sarah Connor was not a beauty icon. She was strong, she was troubled, she was a terrible mother, and she earned the respect of the audience through pure grit. And to me, [the benefit of characters like Sarah] is so obvious. I mean, half the audience is female!”

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/film/2017/aug/24/james-cameron-well-never-be-able-to-reproduce-the-shock-of-terminator-2?CMP=twt_a-film_b-gdnfilm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

theguardian.com/film/2017/aug/24/james-cameron-well-never-be-able-to-reproduce-the-shock-of-terminator-2?CMP=twt_a-film_b-gdnfilm

Who's going to tell him that the majority of Wonder Woman's audience are female

But the movie is still called The Terminator, the posters still feature Arnold and nobody went to see either of the movies because of your ugly ass ex-wife.
You make good bank with your movies James, don't be such a fucking crybaby.

>she was a terrible mother
considering the information she had to deal with i think she was a pretty fucking awesome mother

Unfortunately I doubt that's the case, legions of nu-males paid for that movie. It didn't make so much money because of women. women aren't the problem, it's the nu-males that are running Hollywood and those who watch this garbage.

Nah she was a terrible mother but you can't really argue with her reasons.

Nothing is ever good enough for people who care about this stupid shit. I'm tired. I feel like laying down.

Based Jim reminding them that pandering to that crowd is an exercise in futility, since their entire model is finding shit to complain about.

that subhuman tree fucking libshit vegan should shut his tree fucking hippie mouth.
Avatar was one of the biggest pieces of shit I've ever seen among Batman vs. Superman. He should never criticise anything EVER till he shits the bed and dies a violent death.

You can only have one type of strong woman user

Calm down and take a deep breath, man.
It's ok for girls to have their female fantasy movies with good looking chicks kicking ass. No need to feel threatened about it.

>Wonder Woman is objectified
>Even though DC and Warner are much more conservative with her appearances now, more than ever

Someone tell grandpa he overshot the 80's by over 3 decades

>an exercise in futility
>no. 1 movie of the summer
Really makes me doodle the noodle.

>shitting on someone else's creation while shilling his own

He's just jealous that capeshit managed to write a well-written female character instead of another generic mary-sue
That's why he never complained about Black Widow or Rey in TFA

>self-congratulatory back-patting
>From the guy who brought you Avatar!

Based Jim
Just today Gal Gadot was talking shit on Rolling Stone. "The 800 million shows the world was finally read for a female led action movie". No, she wasn't talking about superheroes only.

There's a new glass ceiling every month in Hollywood.

Is Wonder Woman not the highest grossing female-led action film of all time?
(genuine question)

It's an exercise in futility to expect those harpies to ever be happy, user. Eventually they turn on you, because their way of thinking is basically a political ponzi scheme
You can still fleece them before they start getting their legbeards in a twist.

That movie is total trash worse than Man of Steel, the actress is a joke. But if you get off watching a woman (good looking is up to debate) kicking ass, then go and have fun with this

No. Don't know about others but Hunger Games 2 made more.

If anything, the one acting like a cunt who is never happy with anything is James Cameron.

Wish he said the movie sucked instead

wonder woman had a strong female role, it was one of the great movies of our generation. how dare he say anything negative about its originality

>worse than Man of Steel
lol, keep telling yourself that Snyderfag.

Bullshit does Hunger Games count
Same reason why Twilight or Harry Potter wouldn't count. Young-adult shit isn't marketed on its action, even though it's present, it's marketed on its contrived dramas and romances between the characters with the action only serving to make the drama seem more important

Yeah, James Cameron, the prime example of originality himself!

And there's new Star Wars

Honestly, WW is probably my second favorite DCEU movie besides MoS, and even then, I thought it was subpar. Gadot can't act (especially in the dramatic scenes) and the third act was a total mess.

Based Jim

Wonder Woman was one of the most incompetently made movies I've ever seen.

The hunger game movies and I suppose the last two Star Wars films

I bet you love BvS

Snydefag? Who do you think made Wonder Woman you idiot, who picked Gal Gadot? Snyder. Does the film look like a Patty jenkins movie or a Snyder movie? Now maybe you realize the female thing was just a marketing gimmick who worked perfectly as intended

You see the difference between Jim and a dickless guy like JJ Abrams

Yeah, I guess Star Wars, but that almost doesn't even seem fair to say female led action film, and Catching Fire are the only live action female led films with more.

>implying sarah connor was main character of t2

lmao. she was glorified cameo in T2. in T1 she was sex object/tool/plot

kid and arnold are main characters of movie

but Jim is the one complaining, user

based jim

>Avatar was one of the biggest pieces of shit I've ever seen among Batman vs. Superman.

Don't insult BvS by comparing it to Avatar. Avatar is unquestionably one of the worst films ever released.

This nigger won't ever stop talking about T2 will he?

>it’s just male Hollywood doing the same old thing!
Of course, that's why it won the capebowl and crushed all Marvel solo movies. It was a female lead movie marketed towards everyone

>reminder that OJ is legally not guilty

all of them?

>a well-written female character instead of another generic mary-sue

Kek at that last bit. Jim is great, very big balls.

>legally

canuckolding finally makes sense

He's as innocent as Zimmerman ;)

Those people have already been complaining about Wonder Woman since it came out

>Wonder Woman is white
>Gal Gadot is a zionist
>The amazon women at the start didn't get enough screen time
>Only one of the amazon women was black
>Wonder Woman is too sexualized

Fortunately those people are a minority, for 99% of the industry having a hot, white female led superhero is enough of a virtue to signal.

Who else /senile/ here, lads?

kek
Based Jimbo

>it doesn't count because I said so!

fuck off

He's doing promo stuff for the 3D rerelease this week, idiot

Ayyy

Based Big Jimmy

>trivialising a reasaoned-out response to "cause I said so" because you're unable to argue
literally neck yourself

Holy shit is James Cameron /ourgy/?

What tha fuck can Jim see the future or something? OJ wasn't even that good of an actor to begin with

'nu-males' aren't real

>I wonder if marital stability has given him this new congeniality – he has now been married to Suzy Amis, who played the granddaughter in Titanic, for 17 years, his longest marriage by far. But such a connection is far too basic for Cameron. Instead, he puts it down to the uniquely Cameron-esque reason of going on multiple deep sea expeditions. Because making the most ambitious movies in the world barely touches the sides of Cameron’s energy levels, he spends his free time time exploring the ocean in mini-submarines; in 2012, he became the first person to make a solo journey to the Mariana Trench, the deepest part of the ocean floor, in a mini-sub he designed with a team of engineers.

>“I’ve done eight deep-ocean expeditions and, at the end of the day there is no big movie, there is no red carpet. There’s just this little group of people who know how hard it is, and you’re all bonded around that. So I realised that it’s good to have a good movie at the end of a job, but it’s not the most important thing. The working environment is very important,” he says.

>Cameron has also made frequent dives to the wreck of the Titanic (“More than anyone else,” he points out, with some un-zen emphasis) and, going in the other direction, is working with Nasa to film a forthcoming manned mission to Mars. Does everything always have to be on such a big scale with him? Could he perhaps not make a small indie romcom, or go fishing in a rowing boat?

>“I look for things that haven’t been done. I like finding that gap between everything that hasn’t been done and what I think can be done. Everything I’ve ever done has been based on that little gap: every expedition, every piece of robotics that we built, every camera system, the deep-ocean stuff – it all falls into that same pattern,” he says.

>Who do you think made Wonder Woman
Patty Jenkins, obviously. It's got proper acting, good character moments, good pacing, and a lack of innecessary references to previous works of art. Basically, it feels like a movie done by a professional instead of a 50 year old with the sensibility of a 22 year old film student.
The fact that Jenkins is capable of doing different types of work seems to baffle you, but professional directors can do that.
But of course, like a good Snyder fan, you think that the way the movie "looks" is what makes it and completely ignore everything else that goes into actually making a movie.
If you watched other Snyder films, it's obvious this wasn't his.
Not to mention he was working in Justice League while they were shooting this, and it's phisically impossible that he was making both films at the same time, but don't let the facts get in your way.

wtf I love jim even more now

These Avatar sequels (4 of them being shot at fucking once!!) are going to be the price Hollywood pays for Jim Cameron. No one has the guts to tell him the reason the first one made so much bank was the newness and novelty of 3D. That time has passed and these things are going to be an albatross that could literally bankrupt a major studio. No one I've talked to gives the first fuck about seeing an Avatar sequel let alone 4 of them.

>'nu-males' aren't real

They are though.

>proper acting
>secondary characters have to force a shitty accent because your main actress can't talk

>removes rubber mask

It's obvious you just didn't get MoS or BvS.

does that mean I'm speaking to a ghost right now?

>Whedon's ex pushing out a disparaging op-ed
>Justice League : Dark is going back to the drawing board
>Cameron's taking pot shots at Wonder Woman

Movies
Are
Routinely
Very
Exceptionally
Lucky

Dreadful
Cursed
Entertainment
Undertaking

He's totally right this is exactly why i was mad at the movie (wonder woman) not because it's about a female super hero but because of all the self-congratulatory shit that surrounded it when there are way better female heroines and people seemed to forget all about them, but i guess that's feminism.

i'd rather watch wonder woman than terminator genisys

Emilia Clarke was what?

In all seriousness, capeshit has always been about idealized depictions of humanity. Sarah Connor works as a character because she's a regular human trying to stop Armageddon. Wonder Woman is supposed to be divine in origin.

Terminator 2 is a much better film than Wonder Woman but Terminator 2 is much better than most films so it doesn't really need saying.

>muh female character is better than your female character
fuck off jim. go make those avatar sequels.

>that last paragraph
The Guardian obviously has to shoehorn some inane question about politics in their movie interview

Yes, and it still has proper acting. Gal Gadot is obviously not an actress and turns out a pretty solid performance, with a lot of help from the supporting actors. That's proper acting direction and movie making. She didn't cast Gadot herself so she had to work with what she had, and she made the best from it. Just compare Gadot's acting in BvS and WW and you'll see what a good director does. She directed Theron in a multiple award winning performance after all.

woah he actually made an interesting character instead of some self-insert/placebo

How is Sarah Connor a terrible mother. Was she supposed to just carry on with a normal life with the knowledge that cold calculating Robot Assassins were after her and her Son and could come at any second.

Being left with heavy paranoia is the only sensible character trait then. And its not like she could just give John Connor up for anonymous adoption and spare him that life since he is Humanity's Savior.

I got it. It still has bad acting, lots of pacing issues and amateurish references to previous works of art and religious imagery.
Snyder just can't tell a story if he doesn't have a comic book that basically works as a full movie storyboard for him.

I mean, that's not too fair. Sarah Connor is one of the best female characters ever in an action film. Not too many are going to live up to that.

Oh, no! A superhero is a power fantasy! What has the world come to!

>'nu-males' aren't real

>vague references to bad acting and pacing while hating on symbolism

The pleb's form of criticism.

In the end, you can't expect anything less from DCucks.

>Wonder Woman
>objectified

Shut up Jim. Go play wijth your Smurfs or something.

>>vague references to bad acting and pacing
Want concrete references? Luthor and Gadot for shit acting, the Knightmare sequence and every time everything stopped to deliver some visual reference and completely fucked up the timing of the scene.
And most of the shit in the movie isn't even symbolism, but references to religious imagery.
Symbolism works at a subconscious level, Snyder just hits you over the head with a crucifix.

Why are you capeshitters so autistic and cringy? Both DC and Marvel are watched by the same demographic, stop with your stupid brand wars

>Mike Medevoy wanted the lead to be a black man
>"His parents were both from Jewish families."

Why do I even bother looking these things up? I already know what I'll find.

>anyone that disagrees with me must be a nazi alt righter!

Hello nu-male.

He knows Sarah Connors only job was to have a kid right?

You obviously didn't get the joke.
Stay triggered.

Yeah, Sarah Connor is pretty much a McGuffin.

>giving a fuck about Cameron or his opinions at this point

Maybe if you'd make a movie more than once a century I'd take note of your opinions. Avatar 2,3,etc is going to tank Warner you overambitious old man you. Don't throw stones from withering glass houses.

He didn't say anything about the actual movie.

i ain't listening to this nigga, i can't name a single director more responsible for the current state of film

he was amazing as Nordberg in Naked Gun.

Wonder Woman may have been objectified if they went with the original depiction of the character, but they cast Gal Gadot, that's nothing but skin and bones.

The only sexy thing about that mousey bitch is her voice.

is trhis the Hackers remake?

SORRY CAMERON