It's just me or this return is literally better than the previous 2 seasons so far...

It's just me or this return is literally better than the previous 2 seasons so far? Also is this return one of the best reboot of a "classic" serie? What went so fucking right about it?

>What went so fucking right about it?
Brought back the original writers/director, and gave them even more creative control than they had on the original series.

Pretty much. I've been rewatching S1 and S2 alongside S3 and without the nostalgia S1 and S2 are not actually that good. They have a really comfy atmosphere and good sense of place but on an episode to episode basis S3 is almost always more entertaining.

>S1 and S2 are not actually that good
I'll never understand such bald opinions. In what way? Multiple well-written characters with interlocking storylines, done in a mostly intelligent manner until the writers ran out of things to talk about halfway through season 2.

Becuase they compare it to the 3 decades of TV that came after, rather than considering how special the show was at the time.

S1 is almost perfect but it is better and more interesting than S2.

Not enough James. 6/10 season at best.

Lynch directing every episode and minimal nostalgia pandering.

It's very different than the rest.

Pretty much. I didn't watch the show when it first came out, how am I supposed to see it as it was in 1990, and why would I even care to? I can appreciate what it did for TV that doesn't change the ways it's outclassed now by Season 3. (exceptions being S1E1,2,3 and S2,E1,E,7,E22)

The bulk of the show is sitcom filler by writers for hire that does nothing interesting thematically or visually and only builds characters in the most boring exposition heavy way possible.

this

I don't even miss Dale Cooper. Imagine if someone from the future came and tell us: Dale Cooper is not a character on the return. This shit could have been a deal breaker to me and to everyone. But look how well is going on this season without the fucking main character. This is some genius shit tbqh.

FWWM > S1 >> S3 >> S2

Norma>Maddie>Laura>Audrey>>>>>>>>>>Donna

Don't be too eager to praise it. Its been good so far, but some episodes have absolutely pushed the limits of watchability. If it has a shit ending it will retrospectively ruin the entire series, just like LOST or BSG

>MUH ENDING
its about the journey, you fucking pleb

It's about the totality of the piece.

> if you're a cooperfag
> nope
> if you're a lynchfag
> yeap

I'm a coopfag and I think the Dougie scenes are the best part of the return. I'll be glad to see him back this weekend though.

I watched season 1 and 2 for the first time last month, sometimes it feel a bit outdated but overall there is a special athmosphere ... funny and creepy at the samedi time... and the character are really endearing. I think season is really in the same vein while being innovative.