Is John Woo kino?

Is John Woo kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong
youtube.com/watch?v=ra3emjiAM5g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can a person be kino?

Yes if he makes kino

Yes, stuff like what John Woo and Jackie Chan did make all the action in Hollywood movies today look like baby stuff.

Even his American stuff wasn't too bad till he made paycheck, that was the fall till he came back to china

He pretty much reinvented the action genre with zero budget outside of Hollywood.

Idris Elba

It helped that late 80s/early 90s china was really aesthetic.

Is that blade runner?

>china

lol

Well it's not fucking Japan

Its probably Hong Kong

Which is china

Not at the time of the picture

Yeah, it was

What is my opinion on Sonny Chiba

???
It's UK you dumb fuck

>watch a John Woo film
>Get distracted because I keep thinking of all the things that reference it

>UK

wut

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong

Dude dual wielding lmao

no

Why does everyone have the stereotype be Jackie Chan holding a baby when it's actually Chow yun fat most of the time

I remember movie where Jackie chan hold baby aswell

It's maybe just a thing of all Hong Kong films involve action heroes and babies

Just because the British owned it doesn't mean it's not China

He made pretty legit action films

The Killer
Hard Boiled
Bullet in the Head

Peak Woo

I've only seen Hard Boiled. What are the others like? Same thing

>ywn live your life smoking cigarettes in the rain in one of Masashi Wakui's photographs.

Tell me Sup Forums, why even live?

chow yun fat didn't fall for the white name meme

JOHN FAT

nah pleb tier shit

It would've been Jonny Chow wouldn't it?

The thing that's good about his films is that they don't just turn into a tacticool assault rifle fuck around. It's all pistols, all the time, which is much more fun.

People go on about Tokyo being the cyberpunk city but as far as I can tell Hong Kong fits the bill more.

The Killer has more substance than Hard Boiled

The last shootout is fucking poetic kino but it's probably impossible to top the end of Hard Boiled

The Killer is more story based
Bullet in the Head is just flat out crazy

Aural kino

youtube.com/watch?v=ra3emjiAM5g

the killer is badass
watch hardboiled 1 & 2

It wasn't China.

Speaking of: I wonder why there were not threads about Woos return to heroic bloodshed, the movie "Manhunt". I mean, the guy is single handly responsible for the whole action cinema aesthetics in the nineties until early 2000s and he directed after 24 years a new one.

Action kino

I know what you trying to say, they are a part of the chinese culture and are basically next to china, so yeah, culturally there were indeed more China than UK, but UK was the rightful owner.

A movie based on the manhunt game?

Why do people act John Wick is amazing when the killer did it thirty years ago

Bullet in the Head I think my favorite of those 3 but I love them all

They're much more westernised than china though. They're chinks with freedom.

No, Woo does a remake of a Japanese movie from the 70s, the first non Chinese movie shown in cinema after the UK bought Hong Kong. One of Woos favorite actors starred in that and he died last year, so Woo decided to make that movie to honor him.

Sounds interesting, but I can't imagine it's very good.

The Trailer looks like shit, but that doesn't say anything, it's cut like an 90s trailer, watch the one from Hard Boiled to get an idea what I mean.

not much. i only liked God of Gamblers and The Killer. rest are meh

Literally woo?

Hard-Boiled is a genuinely amazing movie. Nothing special story wise but it's seeing a Director at the top of his game. My three favorite action movies are....

Police Story
Hard-Boiled
The Raid

!!!FACT!!!

The raid is absolute dogshit. Literally fell asleep 15 minutes in the first time, 20 minutes in the second time.

You have no soul!!!FACT!!!