So Sup Forums on your suggestion I finally around to watching this film. I still don't know what kino is...

So Sup Forums on your suggestion I finally around to watching this film. I still don't know what kino is, but this felt like kino all the way throughout. It was crafted without being polished, which is a rare quality in films. I think a movie with a lot of polish and no craftsmanship is a ludicrous hodgepodge, very difficult to get right (lightning in a bottle). While a movie with excessive craftsmanship and polish just ends up very cookie-cutter, very AAA, it doesn't let human foibles, emotion, and expression penetrate even if it looks like people are acting.

This film I felt qualifies as high craft mid polish. On the one hand it had a very clear aesthetic, that fantastical shining armor and castle, rhino-helmeted black armored goons, the soiled armor of long suffering Percival. Very deliberate. On the other hand, it has enough rough edges to have a distinct feel, a somberness that it lets stew and simmer only to release it with triumphant crescendos. Men and women unafraid to have all of their dialogue composed of bold declarations, but with odd pauses and stutters, quaking of voices, letting me believe they felt as though they could feel the power of the legend around them. That captured the mystic sensation of the Arthurian myth better than more carefully crafted or focus-grouped, or even more natural speech could have.

Do you feel the same about this movie, and other movies? Is this what I should look for when I look for kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D8Ro73vofC8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Planning to start it tonight with the wife. Wish me luck.

Glad you enjoyed it, OP. It's one of my all-time favorites.

watch this

youtube.com/watch?v=D8Ro73vofC8

i jerked off to the igraine sex scene a few times when i was a kid
>that creepy ass music and the kid watching

>Knights! Squires! Guards! Prepare for battle!

What the literal fuck is this shit

2017 King Arthur movie. Unfortunately, Ron Perlman is just slightly less cute than Seibah.

get autism just from watching that garbage

This is exactly what I was talking about. That fight scene is all polished up and bullet time and jumpy and shit, and it's just....blegh. It's just a video game with insta kill quicktime events.

Pretty much, it's such and under rated movie... by normies at least.

The first time I saw it was on a 32" Tube TV in like 2000 or something... even then, it was pretty mind blowing.

>It's just a video game with insta kill quicktime events.

I usually hate the video game comparisons, but yes, seems as a Assassin's Creed cinematic.

Excalibur>Clive Owen King Arthur>shit>First Knight>power gap>Guy Ritchie King Arthur

Nice. It makes me want to rewatch Sam Neill Merlin miniseries. He definitely cribbed some things from this movie that weren't in Mort D'Arthur, etc. I know I have a VHS of the show somewhere for extra throwback.

O FORTUNA

Some shitter spamming the drake sword

It is pretty awesome. It and stuff like Legend and Conan really cement the old fantasy aesthetic in the mind. My only criticism of the movie outside of some technical stuff is that I think Mordred could have been a little better developed.

Seibah being propositioned to wear underwear that Shirou did not choose.

>Be 22
>Dad let me watch it when I was like 10
>Blew my mind, was just EPIC
>Try and talk about it with people now
>They have no idea about this kino gem
>Try to show it
>They are bored as hell
Why must I be cursed to never share kino?