I've seen him discussed in trek threads countless times and finally got to the episode

I've seen him discussed in trek threads countless times and finally got to the episode.

I was not fucking prepared for him begging for his life. I didn't think they would get that real with it. And the doctor refusing to go through with the procedure, there really is no excuse.

What the fuck is wrong with Janeway?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cxxHNU1LrR4
youtube.com/watch?v=9jNDUn6IL7s
youtube.com/watch?v=nXtjlHmZiQI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tuvix + Neelix + the flower should have produced Sisko. Everything else plays out the same. That would have been a much more satisfying and entertaining ep.

>Tuvix
*Tuvok

I also want to see Tuvix + Neelix now though

>3 deaths, 2 undone
Needs of the many, my friend. Tuvok and Neelix seem to have the memories of Tuvix. That means he never really dies, he just continues to live two separate lives.

>Needs of the many, my friend
Only relevant when the one _volunteers_ to die.

>people will defend ENT

Tuvix was a healthy black Talaxian Vulcan hybrid cut down in his prime. #justicefortuvix

Better than Voyager.

Tuvok and Neelix died. Then Tuvix died. Then two replacements of Tuvok and Neelix were created, unidentical in spacetime coordinates and therefore not exactly the same as the aliens who died. Three died and two abominations were spawned. What moral calculus makes this right? Has pro-transporter propaganda brainwashed everyone in this society? Is that why no one cares about which specific iteration of Harry Kim is serving so long as he's close enough?
*tears down statue of Gene*

He would never. Admiral Trump would respect Tuvix's right to exist then tell Janeway she was fired.

>as he's close enough
They did this with O'Brian too, and technically Data's head.

Neevok was too powerful he had to be destroyed.

Data's head is still Data's head, it was just aged for a few hundred years like Bender's head in Roswell that Ends Well.

O'Brian is the same too, just from 3 hours in the future.

I don't have

M O N E Y P R O B L E M S

Imagine if Farscape and Voyager were somehow the same show, they would have kept Tuvix around forever.

>When will the switch go down?
>Tonight, right before the transfer. From there I'll be able to hook up with some friends with the Maquis
>Are you sure you want me to have your life?
>I've moved on, but you obviously still love her
Will left to join the Maquis as Thomas. That's why Riker was such a dipshit who allowed a 30 year old Bird of Prey destroy the Federation Flagship.

>It's Raining Men! Hallelujah! It's Raining Men! Amen! I'm gonna go out, I'm gonna let myself get absolutely soaking wet! It's Raining Men! Hallelujah! It's Raining Men! Amen!

GRAND NAGUS

>*tears down statue of Gene*
*runs you over with my shuttlepod*

Tim Russ has gotten crazy looking the past few years.

THIS BITCH....

Tuvix: Please help me Kess, the captain wants to murder me. I don't want to die!
Kess: Fuck him Janeway I want Neelix back so I can dump his ass in 2 seasons. Kill him.

Tuvok: Best Vulcan ever.

The 'Tuvok Investigates' episodes were always top tier. Especially the one where he out mind-fucked the mind-fuckers, and then was cool as a cat a second later.

Tuvok is why Terrans and Humans will always be bros.
youtube.com/watch?v=cxxHNU1LrR4

The way Janeway just transparently caves in to this ~2 year stockholm brained old rape victim pisses me off.

I've always wanted to see what it was like when Tuvok was undercover and Janeway was his handler. That's a side to the characters that was hinted at and never explored. Same with the Maquis. Same with the evil Caretakers.

They never gave Mulgrew a chance to make her character develop, they gave her four or five personalities that were randomly assigned per episode. But Tim Russ was solid in every episode, the ones that focused on his character, and the ones that didn't, and maybe because they hardly ever focused on him, he got to also be consistent.

And let's face it, he's two centuries old. He's not going through any kind of major character development. This is just the few decades he spent in the DQ to him.

It was a fairly transparent mother-daughter thing they were trying. Even more transparent with Seven. The rumor was that Kes would rebel later in the show, but she left instead of Kim.

The self is the mind, the vessel is irrelevant beyond allowing the mind to exist. Two became one, then one became two. Nothing was lost, no lived experience ceased to exist, which means the practical consequence of death was avioded.

I can see why he'd think Julius Caesar would be predictable, but I wonder if Garak would like some other Shakespeare better.

I think he'd prefer something like 1984 or Brave New World
>Doctor, these 20th century humans were really on to something!

I think Garak is a Tennesee Williams guy.

Maybe Titus? He'd at least get to watch Humans acting completely insane.

She literally did nothing wrong and you are all hypocrites. It's easy to say she did the wrong thing when isn't your life on the line.

They were already dead. And even then, not really.

They weren't, they were stuck inside Tuvix and she freed them.

I'm not /lit/ buff, so what would pass as "repetitive epic" in our literary history?

Whatever that may be he'd probably be in favor of.

Imagine if Farscape and TNG were somehow the same show, they would have kept the two Rikers around forever.

man i just started voyager and i gotta say that kim is such a fucking virgin

the virgin ensign vs THE CHAD LIEUTENANT

Species #9283
The Sneeds (formerly Species #0001 Chuck's)

*punches you in the face for your low-quality content*
*gets cheered on by child in the audience*

imagine if that show was then murdered

Star Wars
You mean kill one of them off at the end of the next season with an eye for maximum Troi breakage
Alright who let Admiral McCoy access an extranet terminal?

must have missed that ep

THIS IS NOW OFFICIALLY A /TREK/-THREAD

-----

>ATTENTION TRAVAILLEURS BAJORIÉNNE
cardassians or klingons speaking french must sound so ridiculous

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs"

They should have never done the Time Warp10 again.

I don't like DS9 or unironically gay humour.

>unironically gay humour
It's just our resident "man with XY chromosomes, no wait, gender dysphoria".

"Commander, let me tell you about my sexual organs."

tunigs

Would you please stop posting that nazi frog?

>Then two replacements of Tuvok and Neelix were created, unidentical in spacetime coordinates and therefore not exactly the same as the aliens who died.

These people use transporters daily. They obviously believe in arrangement-functionalism (the mind or soul arises out of the arrangement of atoms, not the particularl atoms in those arrangements).

Is that julia louise dreyfus in the back row?

It's not really about souls user. It's about your consciousness. I don't really feel like explaining it but people have written a lot about it.

Yes, I know. I studied philosophy of the mind user.

And I'm saying that in a society where people willingly walk into transporters, they probably believe consciousness arises from the arrangement of the atoms. Continuity isn't important. Therefore, as long as the transporter has perfect accuracy with the reconstruction, it's no more dangerous to your consciousness than falling asleep.

I feel as though the original post lampshading "pro-transporter propaganda brainwash[ing]" automatically reduces your responses to nothing more than bloviation.

I studied your posts user.

>What the fuck is wrong with Janeway?

She's a murderer.

>all responses that are counter to my opinion are invalid propaganda

Shit tier belief system you have there. How do you sleep at night?

I literally mean that: how do you sleep at night, believing as you must that since your consciousness is not continuous, you're going to die, and something that isn't you will wake up in your body?

reminder that consciousness/souls are real in star trek and they exist despite the body

Why are you lashing out about a tongue-in-cheek post just because it gloriously predicted the boring drivel you would generate in response?
Oh...

Why do you think someone questioning your belief system is "lashing out"? Why so sensitive?

Also, nice "prediction"

>"hey guys, I'm so retarded unf I bet someone will call me retarded unf"
>"retard"
>"haha got you"
>

reminder Akuchimoyaism is the one true faith.

Reminder that sisko is a war criminal who should have been subject to court martial, stripped of his rank, and imprisoned.

Agreed.

Eddington and the Maquis also were not on a Federation world, technically, but a world inside the demilitarized zone which should negate all of the previous arguments that neglect this fact.

I'm perfectly fine w/ this because I don't want death to be the end.

How can there be an end when the universe is eternal?

I studied mind physics.

>How can there be an end when the universe is eternal?
Good point, I too believe in the law of conversation of energy.
#justiceforeddington #jesuisjavert

>you will never have a suit that fly

I don't appreciate DS9, gays, or digest responses. Good bye.

How could there be war crimes, when there wasn't any war?

Computer, take the record of interior optical sensors around Captain Janeway at the exact moment she made the decision to end Tuvix's life, expand by 5000%. Increase the humidity of the holodeck by 200%, extrapolate the scent of Janeway's moist vagina and begin venting into the atmosphere. Loop the audio, visual and olfactory systems on a 5 second timer. Disable safety protocols and start program.

>both sides....

>digest responses.
someone's got an upset stomach

That took you long enough. You're slipping

>cardassians or klingons speaking french must sound so ridiculous
what about Data speaking perfect German?
youtube.com/watch?v=9jNDUn6IL7s

>Colin Ferrel as thumb
>Ronny Cox as full size
WHAT?!

and better yet, what does Jellico have to do with his post?

Janeway was very close to Tuvok. She would have known how much he hated everything about Neelix. Tuvix would have been a fate worse than hell itself, for Tuvok, so she did the right thing by him.

kill marry fuck

Keiko, "tell me about your sexual organs", Neelix

>What the fuck is wrong with Janeway?

the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one..

It makes less sensecwhen you think of how the transpoter works. It arranges the molecules in the target location to recreate what is being transported then it vaporizes the original. Effectively cloning something then killing it.

Essentially, if the transporter were modified, all three could have survived

Go on...

More like eight episodes, iirc.

Doesn't even matter, Broccoli was conscious during the datastream or whatever and Merryweather in ENT says you can feel yourself in both places at once. I think what it does is simulate your mind in the buffer, link that simulation to your brain so your consciousness is transferred to the buffer as your body is deconstructed, then does the opposite with the new body.

It's less a war crime than almost all the firebombings of WWII.

It's a site bug, sometimes images uploaded at exactly the same time get their thumbs swapped.

Sup Forums uses UNIX timestamps to create filenames, if two images get uploaded in the same millisecond then they can get mixed up.

so basically they get merged like Tuvix

that's meta

i dont really like voyager

Buddenbrooks. Book by Thomas Mann, horrible, but got him a nobel prize

>>I've moved on, but you obviously still love her

This is surprisingly deep an arc.

Tom Riker was a mirror universe Riker.

no

youtube.com/watch?v=nXtjlHmZiQI

WE AIN'T FOUND SHIT!