Was your country at war during the 1960's, and if so, did your Father/Grandfather take part in it?

Was your country at war during the 1960's, and if so, did your Father/Grandfather take part in it?

Attached: 1504070054938.jpg (1500x981, 836K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominican_Civil_War
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It ain't me
IT AIN'T MEEE
I'M NO SENATOR SON

Attached: Apu audiophile.jpg (354x286, 14K)

My dad got a student deferment for Vietnam because he was smart enough to realize it was a pointless meat grinder

Yes
No

my grandfather fought in the Dominican civil war. He never talked about it, and the family hated him for it. I only learned the truth by reading his journals after he died

Not exactly a war but part of the cold war in Mexico

Attached: Untitled.png (315x751, 95K)

If only Ho Chi Minh was assassinated or something so the war could end sooner. I think it was his fault for trying to take over the South instead of accepting their independence.

Ho Chi Minh was a bro who literally did nothing wrong. It was France and the CIA that ruined Vietnam by forcing them to turn to communism in the first place

No, no

Yes
No but my uncle did, he was an MP.

My Uncle was drafted near the deescalating years of vietnam so he was sent to Korea but his buddy was drafted many years earlier and died in a VC ambush

No. But I have a friend who's grandfather was a draft dodger and stayed in Canada.

My dad was in the Air Force in Angola. He had a pet monkey and drove a mini. His stories sound like he had a great time there.

SOME FOLKS ARE BORN

Nope, my father and paternal grandfather didn't anything. My maternal grandfather was a doctor through, so maybe he treated soldier.

>Was your country at war during the 1960's?
ahahaha sort of
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominican_Civil_War
only a batallion was sent to help and earn war experience
>did your Father/Grandfather take part in it?
no they did not

Yes
No, but my great uncle was a lieutenant in the French Foreign Legion during the Algerian war.

We haven't been at war since WWII unless you count peace keeping shit

Sure.
Tortured some Algerians, I don't know... Mostly just patrolling around Algiers and the desert I bet.

Also, my grandfather took part in the first Indochina war, but it was in the 50's.

Algerian War
no

yes
no

Algeria.
My grandpa did WW2, but my dad was too young for Algeria. He spent his military service in occupation forces.

yes, ARVN paratrooper, his plane got lost in 74 when the war almost ended