Why is he so boring now? I remember his scenes in season 1...

Why is he so boring now? I remember his scenes in season 1, 2 and 4 were legendary but all he does now is drink in a monotone voice and act somber.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XAOzMs9HbWg
youtube.com/watch?v=1SIbICzNrBo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because they literally turned him into a supporting character rather than a main character

He has no one to bounce off of. He serves a boring bitch.

He's become an alcoholic

He had potential of more amazing varys scenes, also Jon showing up, and theon, but all those scenes are shit because he acts now like the dementors have sucked the life out of him.

I get him being sad, depressed and quiet during season 5, he had just killed shae and his father but he's still moping around and his scenes suffer for it.

Dany kills everything around her.

>Thank you in aiding my conquest my hand Tyrion. Now, as queen of the seven kingdoms, I will outlaw all wine, ales and other disgusting beverages.

This. I believe hell have a bigger part to play in season 8 though. Right now he feels like varys or littlefinger, background characters serving others, he's always served others but was the spotlight but now he isn't

D and D can't write smart and witty dialouge....in fact in their commentary they brag about having no dialogue at all. All his good moments and scenes they got spoon fed to them from the books

because his character is done

there's nothing else to do about him, he did what he wanted and suffered his ultimatum

he can still do something relevant in the last moments like betraying Dany for redemption or something

The show stopped being about politics and became a female empowerment fantasy

probably because he is hand of the queen and he is not the jolly party imp he once was
He had some savage remarks and comebacks in the earlier season

The only way he could be interesting now is if he turned on Dany but he's basically her whipping boy now and he's completely worthless. He actually thinks he's changing her and yet she hasn't changed her idiotic tactics yet. They still think presenting a fucking zombie to Cersei is going to fix anything

even his reunion with jaime was short and lifeless. i'm shit at writing but surely keep bronn in there for extra chemistry. when jaime first sees tyrion, he could have lunged at tyrion but then bronn throws him back and throw afew more jokes in there for good measure. Instead they just stand there, frozen and boring

Tyrion is fucking garbage now. He's just a drunk dwarf. It's nobody fault but his own too. Like I have no doubt early season Tyrion would be way more interesting as Dany's Hand. Now he just rolls over and days fuck it everytime anything goes wrong. The guy that killed his father is just a broken shell who barely even wants to live.

I don't get why hes so monotone, even davos whos own son perished in war is still quirky and making jokes

How would you improve his scenes with dany and varys in season 6 and 7 user?

For a while I thought he was gonna try and install himself as lord of casterly rock.

Dabid made him ultra good instead of the twisted little bitter fuck he is in the books. Book Tyrion regularly dreams about raping and then murdering Cersei. Imagine THAT type of Tyrion in the show.

Why is he so boring? Because he doesn't have to try anymore. He's the fan favorite and everyone at HBO knows it.

It's the same reason why the coworker who bangs the boss is able to show up late, take extra "sick days" and be generally less productive than everybody else.

>twisted little fuck
What else does he do?

He grew up.... maybe you should too.....
also its called character development...

The only time he ever had a productive conversation with her was when he first arrived and appealed to her emotionally some since he was on suicide watch. Tyrion used to he smart about that kind of thing, something he prided himself on, but now he's basically no different from any other advisor she has except he just repeats the same shit over and over until she yells at him. You know she's hot tempered so why push so hard about her dying again and being barren when she's heated already so she can bitch you out again. In the leaked scripts, he notices her extreme fondness for Jon while they were on dragonstone still but despite that, he doesn't even care to take advantage of this ever. likely will never even be brought up when he talks to Varys despite them racking their brains to find someone she will listen to. They'll both just get replaced by Jon soon.

this. when one episode a character acts one way, then the next he acts a different way. its pretty obvious he just developed.

fucking inbreds.

Because he realised that he can put no effort into it whatsoever an people will still call it amazing acting because le funny dwarf

They neutered him in the name of "character development" he used to be a whoremongering drunk who was incredibly smart and insightful now he is just... witty?

JON
AND
DANY

What don't you get about that?

FUCKED YOUR MAM

Aren't the Lannisters always the main characters? They all have top billing in the credits. They should bring Tyrion back to the forefront instead of people like Dany who can't act.

Like Ned Stark was in season 1, he was essentially the main character for seasons 2-4. His storyline practically ended after he killed his father conjoining his storyline with Danyerys who along with Jon are the main character's this season and most likely the last. Seriously, when you think about every semi important character has become side-lined of conjoined with Her, Jon, and Cersei.

Peter Dinklage is like jim carrey these days, took a vow against profanity, lewdness, rude behaviour and politically incorrect jokes so he demands in his contract against all this behaviour, hence the script been changed for him in later seasons.

His arc ended and now he's stuck in full capeshit team-up movie mode.

>Meet his brother under KL
>"I've come to tell you about the Daenerys Initiative in the new Westeros Cinematic Universe"

kek

>Movies and television drown in quippy characters
>Tyrion was sharp tongued and funny
>Kills the man he resented all his life
>Betrays his family
>Murders his second wife
>Is left even uglier than before
>Serves a temperamental bitch that accuses him regularly
>His only friend wouldn't even fight for his life if paid
>Why isn't he funny anymore, guys? Where's the jokes??

Tyrion is on of the few characters that makes sense.

>kills shae just cause pissed, not in self defence, plus she's younger, more naive and never said she loved him
>kills a minstrel, disposes of his body in a pot of stew
>not exactly bad, but think he fondles and undressess Sansa before giving up on the bedding
these few come to my mind, but he's generally way darker character

He bought into his own hype

Well, for one thing his lines no longer come from GRRM, but are entirely invented by the screenwriters.

see
go fuck yourself Commie

what about Tyrion raping a prostitute, or slapping Shae when she angered him. Or lying to Jaime about killing Joffrey just to spite him.

Because the writers are hacks and cant write smart characters. It is also why Littlefinger and Varys are doing fuck all as well.

When tyrion was Joffrey's Hand of the King, he beat the shit out of him verbally and physically to teach him how to be a good king. I remember one scene where Joffrey is torturing Sansa in front of the court, and Tyrion strolls over and casually threatens the kingsguard while telling joffrey what a retard he was.

All that was over joffrey just stripping a girl.

Now that Tyrion is hand of the queen, he's serving as a door mat. Dany wants to burn? Well okay, I strongly suggested she not do it, and that's all I can do.

Basically, the writers are shit, and can't keep a character consistent. Tyrion isn't the person who would stand for burning. He would stop her.

I'm fine with him not being as spunky and sharp tongued as he was before. He's developed over the course of the show.

What's inexcusable about his characterization and writing is that he's been historically extremely intelligent and very capable and competent in anything he does, but suddenly he's an idiot when it comes to strategy and warfare despite being brilliant at it before. Cersei, the drunk, short-sighted, tempestuous woman is suddenly a fucking genius and knows war and economics and this and that. Tyrion not only has to lose to show Cersei's female power, but he has to lose to show Dany's female power so she can say "enough with the clever strategies; MUH DRAGONS"

This is of course do to the female empowerment agenda the leftist HBO/D&D push with the show.

Good ones too
Normies couldn't stand their beloved characters doing something remotely rapey, so they even wrote Ned forbidding his and Cat's bedding (which would include Cat being undressed by male wedding guests), despite him being a traditionfag and having it in the books
On the other hand they add rape when there was consentual sex, but that's another story

Like everything in GoT, it's because they stopped adapting from the books. Everything good about GoT, and I mean actually good and not just a meme or funny because of how shit it is, came from the books. Pretty much every likable Tyrion moment you can think of was lifted from the novels.

Tyrion hasn't actually done anything intelligent since S2.

The novelty wore off. You can go so far with the whole "intelligent shrewd midget that is despised by other but deep down has noble virtues" thing.

>every likeable Tyrion moment you can think of was lifted from the novels
Exccept his best scene wasn't from the books

youtube.com/watch?v=XAOzMs9HbWg

Whats his problem?

Why did they kill off smelly?

Because the season is rushed and cut down to 7 episodes, because the writers are dumb and can't think of what to do with her character so they sent her away until season 8, because they couldn't think of basic things she could do at dragonstone like potential politics against varys and tyrion, she could have been the one to warn daenerys that Jon was in danger beyond the wall instead of that gendry fanfic excuse, etc...

He should have been killed off. Turning him into a plot armoured moralfaggot was a bigger waste of his character than killing him off would have been.

The entire series at this point has just been turned into a Marvel series. Muh gurl power. Muh morals. Muh the good guys always win in the end. Muh dues ex machina.

cat got raped by ned?

Of course they're gonna win, you can't have the NK kill every single character and sit on the throne, as dark and edgy as it is it's also retarded. The best we'll get is, the NK and white walkers will crumble the wall, then destory winterfell as everyone flees, MAYBE killing one stark, probably bran seeing as the writers can't write for shit so it's an easy excuse to not include him in future plots, then later others like hound, tormund etc may die but daenerys will live maybe jon will sacrifice himself like neo in matrix 3. this will happen.

youtube.com/watch?v=1SIbICzNrBo
need to control a dragon

Anyone else think Dany and Jon should trade advisors? I think Davos might work better with Dany since he's willing to stand his ground no matter what, would have an even bigger opposition to burning people alive and he's acquainted with Dragonstone.

On the other hand Jon and Tyrion have had talks before, have the bastard/dwarf link plus Jon Snow needs to learn some bantz. Tyrion could be more interesting like this, especially in opposition to LF and the Northerners who he does know to an extent.

He's an angry elf.

i dont remember a single scene with him

this i think also carice was hella pregnant and wanted to chill out

Wherever she goes, she must also rape. And being pregnant, it can lead to uncomfortable situations.

His scenes and his character made all the others look bland and boring. So they toned it down.

>Turning an intriguing main into a bland sideshow act with no depth is character development

Stop posting and don't come back to this website, you dipshit

>implying that ebin meme dwarf was ever good

Lol. Kill yourself.

Because midget romance is eew.

Pleb

he took the dany pill

>S1-3 maybe even 4
>address the issues a dwarf would face in society who is a from an incredibly rich and powerful family
>is initially shown to be completely deserving of his reputation
>grows to demonstrate his aptitude whilst also indulging in his vices
>is encouraged to pursue politics more seriously but refuses due to familial feuds and insecurities which eventually manifest themselves in a far more real way than drinking and whoring
>can talk his way out of anything

DABID

DABID
FUNNY DINKLEBERRY LOL

>le quippy dwarf meme

his smile and optimism - gone.

He is an ill-made, spiteful little creature full of envy, lust, and low cunning.

>I think Davos might work better with Dany since he's willing to stand his ground no matter what
everybody turns into a cuck when they become her advisor
no exceptions

He's the audience self-insert character.
Have you seen the Game of Thrones target audience these days?

DUDE BARLINGTON BAR IS EVERYONE LMAO

This

>thinking virtue signalling SJW marxist fantasy would be anything other than watching paint dry
have you ever seen danny drink? swear? punch anyone?
the entire platform for virtue signalling is contrived to be anything but tantalizing

This, in all likelyhood

Here's your (you), you sad little man

It seems like this season Jaime is the Lannister with the most screen time.

>stops Stannis from winning Blackwater and putting Joffrey's head on a spike

Fuck the dwarf.

Anybody seen his new film yet? Is it gud?

because now he's just a dwarf clown like he was afraid to be

here's a secret the writers are hacks

Tyrion's relationship with Dany feels strange. I can't really think of anything they've done to earn each others trust. Their initial meeting is rushed and Dany leaves shortly afterwards. When in charge of Mereen Tyrion makes bad decision after bad decision, and has consistently given her poor war advice and stragies since but he remains her hand. I don't know why he would be convinced that she would make a good queen at all.

Tyrion in Mereen was a boring filler plot where he has to focus on the tired Slavers vs Slaves plot that everybody had stopped caring about. Mereen was a shitty location filled with shitty characters (Grey Worm and Missandei) for Tyrion to talk to. Tyrion worked well in Kings Landing because he had interesting characters like Littlefinger and Tywin to bounce off of. He still has Varys to talk to I guess but their conversations have gotten stale and consist of them just trying to outsmug eachother whilst making lol dwarf, lol eunuch" jokes

Because Tyrion is irrelevant now. He is the Hand of a King who doesn't listen to him. He's like a vice president in the USA: useless.

It also doesn't help that in the meanwhile Cersei has turned into a genius strategist and ruler.

The contrast is there.

That's not a bad thing though
Jaime has been one of the most interesting Lannisters since the beginning
And he currently is one of the only characters with some form of arc going for them

>Why is he so boring now?
I'll tell you why.
It's because he isn't right anymore. He could make mistakes (like delivering the prostitutes to Jeof) but far and few, and since he entered the Dany plot in Essos, he haven't been right once, so you don't feel like rooting for him anymore, and this happens a lot of times hence he looks "boring"

George RR Martin stopped any contact with the show, and they don't have any more books to base his dialogue off of.

Despite what Sup Forums will want to make you believe, Fat Albert the Cuckmaster is a competent writer with a good grasp on his characters and decen skill in dialogue. The dabids are not.

George has frequent communication with David and Dan. He actually can't let it go and just let D&D finish it. He wants to know every detail.

Tyrion dies in the penultimate episode of Season Eight. He dies a hero, just as Dany did not want.

>they ran out of book material
Surely grrm was the one who advised them tyrion is daenerys hand for awhile and does nothing. Don';t hate the producer, hate the game

>he isn't right anymore
Fair point, actually.

He told them where the story should lead, but he's not writing the material. Two people telling the same story can spin very different tales, even quality wise. The writers of the show are incompetent, and it's clear they don't have a good grasp on the characters when there's no text to copy the dialogues off of.

David and Dan are so incompetent that they are writing the biggest show on TV. They may not be the best writers in the world, but they aren't incompetent.

>implying you can't be hired to do a job you are incompetent at

sooo true

Tyrion will die on the show the same way he does in the books, as a hero.

>tfw he is both the court dwarf and the support character that happens to "explain" how people feel and why they decided what for no reason

Because the Mother of Dragons must be spoken to and about in tones of earnest deference at all times.

D&D have no more dialogue to draw from the books. They have no idea how to write someone like Tyrion. Not that they even want to, they want to write stronk women.

which is fine, because he's one of the only interesting characters left

He's a drunk in season 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7

>S1 Tyrion was written in the 90s
>S7 Tyrion was written 2016