> i can't think for myself: the movie

they made 3 movies by misinterpreting a quote

They made current world order by misinterpreting that quote user

5 years later and atheist still don't have a response

No.

>he's roaring on the inside like a lion

>there is no sound coming from anyone's inside
what did they mean by this?

What's the third? I only know about Hercules and Sabrina.

>pureflix

Christians are so disgustingly self-righteous.

Are protestants even christian in the first place?

People somehow still believe this dumb shit even after the internet exists
Amazing

No desu only coptics are

You don't have to subscribe to religion but you should definitely be spiritual.

We might have found the one person in the world that is more retarded than christstains

catholics win again

Thank you for revealing yourself.

Honestly this, that anyone believes in God flabbergasts me. People on the internet are curious about people becoming atheists but I've never even met anyone that believes in God in the first place.

>all these atheists

lel. i'll let you in on a little secret
I'm a pretty vehement Catholic, but I always post fedorashit in God's Not Dead threads to inflate the post count.
I'm not satisfied unless a GND thread hits 300 posts

>I'm a christlarper who blasphemes against YHWH whenever I deem it funny
Yeah we know

you'll grow out of your phase soon enough

Atheists do not exist. Knowing that God exists they have repressed that truth and exchanged it for falsehood. Deeming themselves wise they became fools.

Jesus Christ not you again

Only dumbass Evangelicals would make a movie based on Christian internet copypasta

this is how dishonest christians are
btw replying to your own posts is another good tactic

more christian than catholics

When I grow out of my atheist phase which god should I worship? There are so many. Jesus is dull, Odin has an eight legged steed. Thinking Odin.

WHY did you make the choice to believe in God? It's a choice, not a logical conclusion that can be reached through evidence. Faith is believing without having proof, and you make a choice to have faith - why?

pic related.
>not a logical conclusion that can be reached through evidence
Uhh yes it can.

There is only one God

I think God is a woman. Think about it. Men are always fighting over her after telling them different things

You can't use the bible to prove the bible, user

>only one God
Do I get three guesses? I say Ra the Sun God. Did I get it right??

Why not? You can't just dismiss the primary source because you don't like it.

Would you say that something "tao" is the another name for or the same thing as "God"?

>brain automatically tunes out boring bullshit when girlfriend is talking
>brain automatically tunes out boring bullshit when preacher is talking
You may be on to something user

When all you have is the bible proving itself, any belief has to come from the assumption that it's true. Without any external confirmation it's meaningless circular logic

Your primary source is refuted by empirical evidence and other belief systems

You can dismiss the bible for being a shit source though, like archaeologists have done for years

I have no idea what that means and in what language so I can't say

It's not. For one God works within time. Jesus was a historical person. And the other you can check the consistency of it's claims and compare it to the consistency of the atheistic worldview.

All logic is circular at one point because you have to have basic presuppositions to establish how to determine truth i.e. laws of logic.

>idolatry and man made doctrines

The only thing you are "winning" is the reality of burning for eternity

>God is a jealous God
>One minute is loving and caring, next minute is smiting everything in sight

>dismiss the bible for being a shit source though, like archaeologists have done for years
And how did they did that?

>For one God works within time
prove it without using the bible

>Jesus was a historical person
prove it without using the bible

>god has its period
>nukes sodom

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tao

Laozi in the Tao Te Ching explains that the Tao is not a 'name' for a 'thing' but the underlying natural order of the Universe whose ultimate essence is difficult to circumscribe due to it being non conceptual yet evident' in one's being of aliveness. The Tao is "eternally nameless" and to be distinguished from the countless 'named' things which are considered to be its manifestations, the reality of life before its descriptions of it.

So the world is 6,000 years old?

>god objects to some adults behaving badly
>drowns almost every baby, puppy and kitten on earth to death
But remember, God is love!

>mfw being born into the wrong religion condemns you into hell
What a great, just and benevolent God

I already said I reject your presupposition that I can't use the bible as evidence.
You have to demonstrate where the bible is wrong. Simply saying don't use that is not an argument.

Not that you can't see God's work in the creation and sustaining of the universe though and that there are enough extrabiblical sources for the existance of Christ that historians practically universally agree on it. Including Saint Dawkins

>>mfw being born into the wrong religion condemns you into hell

Just convert to the one true religion and youll be golden

Nigga you can't even read the Bible in its original text, you have no fucking idea what it said or if it was even meant to perceived as it is. Fuck off

I reject your presupposition that the bible should be assumed factual until proven otherwise. Your stance requires faith, which is the very thing I'm questioning in the first place.

>rape torture and kill women your whole life
>ask god for forgiveness and go to heaven
>live a life of pure good and benevolence
>sent to hell because you always thought the bible was stupid

Which one is the one true one? What if you never hear of it?

>You have to demonstrate where the bible is wrong

No, you have to demonstrate where it's right

Then no I guess. I'm sorry thread is moving to fast I'll look into it more closely later.

Not necessarily

Why would that matter? I have access to hundreds of translations and commentary who in detail explain the nuances of the original language.

>you have no fucking idea what it said
Completely ridiculous statement.
You suppress your knowledge of God. Listen to his word.

pretty sure i slew most of the deities in a series of video games

Okay thanks

>your presupposition that the bible should be assumed factual until proven otherwise
I never said anything like that. I'm saying you can't just dismiss the best source because it is biased you need to evaluate the likeliness of it's claims.

>Completely ridiculous statement.

Why?

LOL

I AM GOING TO TRY TO CHANGE SOMEONE'S DEEPLY INGRAINED BELIEF OVER A MESSAGE BOARD.

On what grounds do you call the bible the "best" source?

In what way is the bible the best source?

>you need to evaluate the likeliness of it's claims.

And what is the likelihood of a talking burning bush? Evaluate that claim based on real life experience

Laughing at someones' beliefs is usually the best way to change their mind, actually

Isn't it telling that you had to completely turn christianity on it's head to make it sound dumb?
Your error is in asserting guilt to the repenting and innocence to the nonrepenting.
>live a life of pure good and benevolence
>sent to hell because you always thought the bible was stupid
No such thing. All sin and the wage of sin is death

>be a bad person, realise what you did is wrong and repent because now good person
>go to heaven
>be a bad person, arrogant enough to call yourself a good person and DEMAND god to let you in
>go to hell

member Chanology?

I member

Not really.

>>be a bad person, realise what you did is wrong and repent because now good person
>>go to heaven
>>be a bad person, arrogant enough to call yourself a good person and DEMAND god to let you in
>>go to hell

Do we have evidence of this? Maybe you could poll the denizens of Hell to find out how they got there

Am I right in assuming you were brought up in a christian family and have been a part of the religion since before you were old enough to have any critical thinking skills?

If the Christian God is real why hasn't it destroyed humanity again due to the fact that the majority of the world don't follow it's word?

Also do you truly believe that all those "translations" and commentaries haven't placed their own personal bias in their "translation" of "the Lord's word"? How do you think denominations began? Do you also believe that these commentaries aren't conflicting at all, and if they are conflicting which do you side with?

I'll tell you what, I'll live my life saying fuck God and right before I die I'll pray to each and every know god, thus increasing my odds of eternal fun times.

Yes really. Have you ever tried it? It works.

1. The indestructability of the bible
For 300 years christianity was sentenced with death and their scriptures destroyed. Yet NO BOOK OF ANTIQUITY IS AS GOOD PRESERVED AS THE BIBLE

2. The inner consistency of the bible

3. Fullfilled prophecies in the bible
Hundreds of years before the actual event

4. The influence of the bible
It is the most important book in the history of humanity

5. The confirmation of it's truth in reading by the holy spirit

>If the Christian God is real why hasn't it destroyed humanity again due to the fact that the majority of the world don't follow it's word?
because he said he would never do it again and the rainbow is a promise of that

It killed this place

You're retarded.

Because I have access to hundreds of translations and commentary who in detail explain the nuances of the original language.
What makes you think we have no clue what the original said? Do you understand what a translation is?

For the life of Jesus? Because it's the most detailed and earliest source on him I guess?

See>proove a miracle under regular circumstances
Ask yourself why you have to make silly statements like that to challenge the bible. You are repressing your knowledge of God.

God is a proven liar though, he even lied to fucking Abraham about murdering his child. And before you speak some bullshit, God is supposed to be omnipotent which means he knew Abraham what do what he told him so the whole experiment was a fucking lie.

And besides that how do you know that the Bible isn't a grand like by Satan to mislead the true Lamb of God?

>2. The inner consistency of the bible
woah...

Hey, that's a nice religion you got there

would be a shame if somebody tried to start a reformation

I think this image is so triggering for atheists because they know it's true. Their belief system is just as faith based as any religion.

>1. The indestructability of the bible

The level of preservation of a book does not imply any truth therein

>2. The inner consistency of the bible

lol

>3. Fullfilled prophecies in the bible

Absolute rubbish

>4. The influence of the bible

Doesn't imply truth

>5. The confirmation of it's truth in reading by the holy spirit

Not an argument

>For the life of Jesus?
""""""""life""""""""

No. Convert at 24

All religions lead to God brother even the batshit crazy ones

>Ask yourself why you have to make silly statements like that to challenge the bible.

It's not silly, it's completely logical.

Imagine converting to a religion as an adult. Imagine being this lost.

Convert from what user? :^)

You won't know until you try

Can I make a religion that's based on the idea of not believing in God and have it lead to God?

>If the Christian God is real why hasn't it destroyed humanity again due to the fact that the majority of the world don't follow it's word?
Out of mercy. This question specifically was addressed in the bible. Ask yourself why in the most important question of life itself you never bothered to give the bible a read to even CHECK if it may be true. You are suppressing your knowledge of God

>Also do you truly believe that all those "translations" and commentaries haven't placed their own personal bias in their "translation" of "the Lord's word"?
No I agree but we can check the different translations and commentaries to see why the translator in question translated it the way he did. Endless christians speak the original language and their theology does not differ from translation users

>How do you think denominations began?
Because people choose which parts of the bible they want to follow and which not

>and if they are conflicting which do you side with?
The better arguing one. In doubt the majority opinion. You are wrong to assume that there are grave theological differences between translators. I can assert my theology from the byzantine texts of the reformation as much as the nestle aland based on the oldest manuscripts

Were you in a deep depression and/or alcoholic and the only thing that gave you motivation to continue living was the notion of a god that loved you?

>2017
>not being a Deist

I shiggy diggy doo

Do you know what REformation means? He purged the religion from man made dogmata as God commanded us to do

You can of course assert as many contradictions as you wish but you can't proove one

>Out of mercy.

But God has destroyed the world in the past according to the Bible. Is God a hypocrite?

Now you seem unbiased. The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
You suppress your knowledge of God

Not an argument