Unpopular opinions

Night Gallery > Twilight Zone

Scarface is overrated and the original 1932 version is far superior.

The original Star Wars is not that great of a film and retards are blinded by nostalgia.

The Lion King is Disney's worst animated feature of the 90's and I think even Pocahontas was more enjoyable.

I think people who only watch modern horror films shouldn't even bother watching horror films at all.

I think most 80's comedies are way too corny in it's humor and a lot of the exaggerated over the top characters are more obnoxious than they are entertaining.

Any Martin Scorsese Gangster film > The Godfather

The Dark Knight films are incredibly mediocre and Christian Bale is a HORRIBLE Batman and a boring Bruce Wayne.

James Cameron is an overrated director.

John Carpenter's The Thing is the greatest science fiction film ever created in my opinion.

The only passable capeshit of the past decade and a half was Daredevil Season 1 and the Punisher parts of season 2.

The only GREAT Bruce Lee film is Enter the Dragon.

Doctor Who is overrated as fuck.

Chasing Amy is Kevin Smith's best film.

David Lynch is the most daring and ballsy living film director.

Big Daddy... Enjoyable movie.

CGI animated films are disgusting looking and 2D films are much more visually appealing.

I think people who cant watch a film due to it's age or it being in black & white should be sent to Auschwitz.

Val Kilmer can be a great actor.

David Cronenberg has never made a bad film.

Scary Movie 3 is trash compared to 1&2

Shrek 2 & Toy Story 2 are mediocre as fuck .

Jaws is very overrated.

No one?

No. People will call me pleb if I give my honest opinions (;_;)

A lot of those aren't really that unpopular of opinions. Like everything from the Enter the Dragon statement to Scary Movie 3 being trash.

Superhero movies stopped being good after Raimi's Spiderman 1 and 2.

Cars 2 was an OK film.

The Counselor is one of Ridley Scott's best films.

Nicolas Cage is a great actor.

CGI effects should be completely removed from film in general.

>The Dark Knight films are incredibly mediocre and Christian Bale is a HORRIBLE Batman and a boring Bruce Wayne.
Absolutely. TDK is a mediocre and dull film that doesn't know whether it wants to be realistic or a comic book, and is only saved by Heath Ledger's magnetic Joker performance and some well-conceived action setpieces.

>and is only saved by Heath Ledger's magnetic Joker performance and some well-conceived action setpieces.
>cool villain
>cool action
those are the only things capeshit ever has going for it

>well-conceived action setpieces.
you mean the close up shaky cam garbage where you don't actually see anything at all? If anything those movies are known for their terrible action sequences, or at least the fight scenes that didn't involve shit blowing up.

No, I'm thinking mainly of the outside nighttime scene where Batman chases Joker through the streets in the Batmobile.

OP isn't such a bad guy.

>The Flash and Arrow's first seasons
>not passable capeshit

i agree with most of this except for twilight zone. rod serling is a hero of mine and he didn't have much if any creative input over night gallery

>is only saved by Heath Ledger's magnetic Joker performance and some well-conceived action setpieces
So the only relevant things in a capeshit movie. No wonder it's objectively the best capemovie ever

I don't like watching movies with black people in them.

The Flash was repetitive and predictable capeshit. Arrow is nothing like the comics. That's not even Ollie's personalty.

Plus they're CW shows. Fuck that.

The objectively best theatrical capeshit film is Mask of the Phantasm and no one can argue that.

Christoph Waltz only plays himself, but he plays it damn well.

The only movie genre that'she worse then Horror is Comedy

I liked Moana more than Zootopia

you're probably really fun to be around

It was better in the past, somewhat at least, but now black skin means ultra predictability. You can almost guarantee on any detective show the killer will not turn out to be any of the black characters. It's rare that they'll give any negative traits at all to black characters unless they somehow can imply it's the white man's fault that they have flaws.

Older Horror is a top tier genre. It's just the shit that comes out now that's shit.

Naruto is enjoyable, therefore =>50%

Oldboy is a shit film

I probably should of made myself clearer. I ment to say modern horror and comedy, but whatever.

>that doesn't know whether it wants to be realistic or a comic book
So, just because it has capeshit characters in a more realistic setting means it's directionless? It's obvious that it was played out as an actual crime movie with batman characters

tl:dr

The movies are terrible.

I disagree about scarface but op is correct about the others t b h

Jurassic Park III was a fun movie and doesn't deserve the hatred it gets. It added some interesting elements to the franchise.

Dany from GoT is not a Mary Sue.

James McAvoy is a very spotty actor who is only good at playing introverted characters.

Paul Verhoeven > David Lynch.

Lynch makes stuff people don't understand, people shake their heads and say its art.
Verhoeven makes stuff people don't understand, people think its trash.

Showgirls is a towering piece of art, I still can't understand why people can't understand it.

>The original Star Wars is not that great of a film and retards are blinded by nostalgia.
How is that unpopular opinion?

The first movie that was later turned into "episode 4" has extremely childish and underwhelming premise, writing and plot. Some lines approached I hate sand tier, Lucas ripped hefty amount of scenes from other movies with only slight changes(The Searchers being obvious example). We can go on and on. Later two movies are okay, still had pretty much the same problems but the overall execution was better.

My opinion:

Dune has never had adaptation it deserves.

>Dune has never had adaptation it deserves.

How is THAT unpopular? Literally no one disagrees with this.

I know people who like the Lynch version.

Toy Story 3 is the worst of the trilogy and was too reliant on nostalgia wanking.

Blade Runner was good but far from a masterpiece and people praise it for the wrong reasons.

Pulp Fiction is overrated reddit tier garbage.

Escape from New York is the most boring movie I've ever seen.

Platoon > Apocalypse Now

Star Wars doesn't hold up without nostalgia goggles.

Then they're an extreme minority. Even Lynch himself was ashamed of the movie.

I absolutely agree about Pulp Fiction. Besides a couple of shots, and the good dialogue, the film has literally nothing else to offer.

>shit film
There are loads of shit films..but I wouldn't label Oldboy as such. I mean it's not great, but is not even that shitty.

That movie is a catastrophe. Saves itself just cause it's funny as hell.
Why didn't they gnawed their heads here...they could've taken the eggs anyway AND have lunch at the same time.

>Escape from New York Boring
>Platoon > Apocalypse Now
No. Not really.

Even the dialogue is arguable. I mean it's good when it's not some mind-numbing exposition about some totally unrelated movie.

At least half the movie was just Snake wandering around empty streets. The story was obviously a joke but I was really let down by the lack of any decent action.

The only good part of Apocalypse Now was the famous Brando speech, everything else was a total bore and largely irrelevant. Platoon did a much better job conveying its message.

>half the movie was just Snake wandering around empty streets
It's called suspance. It was meant to make you feel the isolation and hostility of New York. Feel the ambient.
>The only good part of Apocalypse Now was the famous Brando speech.
Aaaand I'm done talking with you.

Yeah, but I wish they had stuck to the realism of Batman Begins. Going for comic book unrealism is also good, but since they started the trilogy realistic, I think they should have kept that going. And the ludicrously elaborate Joker schemes and Harvey Dent walking around with half his face gone but not dying took me out of it. It was not realistic in the least bit, so it just seemed like the whole thing was a crazy comic book movie that for some strange reason was filmed in real life Chicago and didn't try to hide it.

People should not provide any funding to Hollywood, whether it be through cinema tickets, merchandise or subscriptions in order to cripple it and thereby provide an opening for a cultural awakening

Whiplash is one of the worst movies ever made and Damien Chazelle is a hack.
Pixar is shit. Toy Story 1 is okay and everything else is garbage. The Incredibles is disgustingly overrated and a genuinely awful film that doesn’t even look as good as Pixar movies that came before it.
Zack Snyder is a genius and only hated by idiots
Anything directed by Tarantino that isn’t Jackie Brown or Reservoir Dogs is shit.
Birdman was self-important garbage that didn't even deserve an Oscar nomination
Ed Edd and Eddy is a terrible show with horrendous voice acting, a vomit-inducing artstyle, and irredeemably grating characters. Same goes for American Dad
Daredevil>The Defenders>Iron Fist>Luke Cage>Jessica Jones
The Dark Knight Rises is okay.
Gravity is a garbage movie and proves Sandra Bullock can't act for shit.

>Malick has gotten better with age
>Twin Peaks The Return is better than the original
>Citizen Kane is not overrated
>Villeneuve is very overrated
>The Third Man is mediocre

>Vampire: The Turning is actually a good movie
>Sleuth (2007) is better than the 1972 version
>Dexter's ending was perfect
>Bale is the best Batman
>The Dark Knight Rises is great
>Star Wars Prequels are actually good
>Hayden Christensen did a perfect job
>Tobey Maguire is the best Spider-Man
>Spider-Man 3 was enjoyable
>Nicolas Cage is GOAT

>The only GREAT Bruce Lee film is Enter the Dragon.
it's literally his worst movie

DCEU > MCU
The Wire has no bad seasons, season 5 is great too
Boardwalk Empire is the best HBO show in the 2010s
Mad Men is overrated and repetitive as fuck
Game of Thrones seasons: 1 > 2 > 6 > 7 > 3 > 4 > 5
Raimi's Spider-Man are pretty bad, pure kino compared to the new ones though
Kobayashi > Kurosawa
Kubrick is NOT overrated and his worst movie would be the best movie of this decade if it was released today
PTA and Villeneuve are NOT overrated
Last good Pixar movie was UP
If Netflix and other streaming services keep funding small projects for good directors they can become the salvation of cinema as an art and big studios can go fuck themselves, the theaters can die for all I care

>Pixar is shit. Toy Story 1 is okay and everything else is garbage. The Incredibles is disgustingly overrated and a genuinely awful film that doesn’t even look as good as Pixar movies that came before it.
>Zack Snyder is a genius and only hated by idiots

Please tell me why Incredibles was shit and how BvS is any better.

I really dont care about all the minorities in movies and I'm a little worried about the future of the MCU because I know that Marvel is gonna transition over to the new guys soon (since they cant keep people like Robert Downy Junior forever) after the last set of movies right now and there's gonna be a huge shitstorm

Ice age 2 and 4 are better than the original.

Doctor Who isnt overrated, it has a sizeable hatebase. And a justified one, after the shit Moffat spat out these past few years

Toy Story 2 is definitely the worst one

what is night gallery

The Lion King was Disney's best film.
Fuck you.

It wasn't even Lynch's fault. He did not have complete creative control.

Escape from NY is pretty boring. Snake is literally the epitome of a generic 80's action hero.
Those films are shit though.
Zack Snyder has the mindset of a 14 year old boy. He's not some sort of genius that creates these deep stories people don't understand. That's all mind canon bullshit people tell themselves. This is not an opinion. It's a borderline fact.
>Tobey Maguire is the best Spider-Man
How is this unpopular?
Shit taste.
underage ban
>The Lion King was Disney's best film.
>Fuck you
underage ban

sneedposting is patrician af

Evil Dead > Evil Dead 2.

I know it's not an unpopular opinion but I just have to remind people. Give me a legitimate horror film over slapstick camp any day.

>John Carpenter's The Thing is the greatest science fiction film ever created in my opinion.
My man

Aliens is one of the worst sequels ever made and a complete mockery of the original film.

I liked it but I do think it can't hold a torch to the original film. It had some great effects.

>Pulp Fiction is overrated reddit tier garbage.
I could understand "reddit tier", but "overrated garbage" is just being contrarian for sake of being contrarian

Blade Runner is a fantastic movie

Aliens wasn't very good

I think Tarkovsky is a complete hack

Almost all movies don't actually understand what makes movies unique from other media.

>Blade Runner is a fantastic movie
This is Unpopular? I thought it was generally well liked?

Truth be told, I watched it recently with no expectations and was amazed by the visuals. I thought it was one of the most visually stunning films I've ever seen and thought something like that would have to be made with CGI. Aside from that, the story was boring and the characters weren't exactly the most charismatic people in the world.

>This is Unpopular? I thought it was generally well liked?
Not on Sup Forums

Horror films were growing more sophisticated in the 70s and 90s and the 80 and aughts dumbed them down

TFA and RO are decent films and most of the hate is inevitable nerd rage

Nostalgia critic is better at actual film analysis than redlettermedia.Plinketts reviews feel like a compilation of existing criticism and redlettermedia reviews are base level analysis that drag on for half and hour despite being no more informal than stuckmann or Jermyn jahns.Well both groups skits are unfunny RLMs skits are far more repetitive.

The entire nolan batman trilogy is overrated.

The grey morality in game of thrones comes off as soap opera-ish and the action scenes are terrible.

Every Twilight movie is better than Citizen Kane and Casablanca

I don't like 1968 Planet of the Apes, I actually prefer Tim Burton's version. The original novel is still the best though.

>Horror films were growing more sophisticated in the 70s and 90s and the 80 and aughts dumbed them down
This is true. It was mostly horror comedies but there are some real quality films in the 80's. I wonder who is to blame for starting the whole humor craze.
>Nostalgia critic
I guess but even he is a bias shitlord.
If you aren't going to actually share genuine opinions, don't bother posting at all.

>If you aren't going to actually share genuine opinions, don't bother posting at all.

What do you mean?

Film franchises that use CGI now instead of practical effects like in the original films is unwatchable to me.

If I see another cartoon Xenomorph, i'm going to vomit.

Kagemusha is Kurosawa's best work
Jackie Brown is the best thing Tarantino made
DiCaprio is a lousy actor outside of The Wolf and The Departed
Every Nolan film but The Dark Knight is mediocre at best
Eyes Wide Shut is Kubrick's best
All Quiet On The Western Front (1930) is the best war film ever made

Platoon isn't even better than Full Metal Jacket, let alone Apocalypse Now.

they're both mediocre at best, filled with bland characters, tedious writing and not to mention how almost one half of each season is filler.

>Every Nolan film but The Dark Knight is mediocre at best
That isn't saying much.

I don't hate women and minorities

>Jackie Brown is the best thing Tarantino made
That's pretty much consensus here

John Carpenter's The Thing "IS" the greatest science fiction film ever created.

good taste.

Every single one of QT's films is amazingly watchable

Interstellar was my favorite movie I've seen in theaters. The sound and music was great along with the visuals. I thought the story was decent even with the DUDE LOVE bullshit

90% of all "classics" are overrated beyond belief.

Every MCU movie is 6/10 or better.

The Force Awakens was just as good as the original trilogy.

Bergman, Tarkovsky, Godard and similiar directors are absolute trash.

Pixar is overall much better than Studio Ghibli.

>the only poor movie nolan has ever made was interstellar and TDKR
>that being said Dunkirk is overrated
>only the first two Harry Potter movies were good
>Jurrasic World was exemplifies everything that is wrong with modern day blockbusters
>Star Trek has a more interesting setting than Star Wars
>Avatar the Last Airbender is way overrated
>I haven't watched single Korean film that I didn't think was poorly executed
>Finding Nemo is the best Pixar film and Up was good for more than just it's beginning
>The second season of Fargo is the best
>I doubt it's actually possible to make good Fantastic Four movie

chuck > sneed

Game Of Thrones hasn't just declined in quality, it has gone from the genuine high-quality entertainment that was season 1, to near-unwatchable schlock.

>Nostalgia critic is better at actual film analysis than redlettermedia.Plinketts reviews feel like a compilation of existing criticism and redlettermedia reviews are base level analysis that drag on for half and hour despite being no more informal than stuckmann or Jermyn jahns.Well both groups skits are unfunny RLMs skits are far more repetitive.
shit, I actually agree.

To add to that, the clipless reviews are the best, because he doesnt have screaming at the film to fall back on and it has to be entirely analysis

Samurai Jack is overrated and the newest season was just awful.

Your taste is so bad holy fuck

What's wrong with Platoon? I would genuinely consider it better than FMJ at the very least, which is honestly pretty overrated and only memorable because of Ermey,

Don't think that's unpopular, tbqh

>thinking anyone cares what he thinks

Pain & Gain was kino

Drive was boring (but had great cinematography and soundtrack)

Deadwood was comfy, but literally nothing happened for the entire 3 seasons it ran

I really hate the type of Korean cinema that is popular in america. There are loads of good Korean films that aren't all blood and guts.

Sure, not on this board, and most people probably agree that the show is on the decline, but I think most normies are in complete denial of how bad it actually is. The drop in quality between the first two seasons was significant. The drop in quality from season 1 to season 7 is otherworldly. It's not just a worse version of a good show; it's genuinely bad.

Yeah but then he adds
>compared to 1&2
implying that he liked the first two.
Why would I listen to the opinion of a god damn retard, user?