James Cameron BTFO

James Cameron BTFO

Will he ever recover?

How will Camercucks ever recover?

Is she retarded? The ''Strong women'' thing was always referring to a balanced and strong character, not an actual physically strong woman..

Why does everyone treat Wonderwoman as if it were the first strong female protagonist movie?

oh who the fuck could care?

>ever thinking jim is wrong

kek, this bitch just made sure of the death of her career

What exactly did Cameron say to prompt this?

He knew his comments would get a huge response from the SJW population.
Based Cameron raises the bar once again!

what was Cameron's original statement, you fuck?

i am a woman, therefore i represent the viewpoints of all females everywhere

That the movie interpretation of wonder woman isn't the absolute and perfect portrayal of a female character like so many people like to say it is

Patty Jenkin's inability to understand what James Cameron is, or stnads for, to men all over the world is unsurprising as, though she is a great filmmaker, she is not a man. Strong men are great. Her praise of his film Avatar, and his portrayal of a strong, yet damaged man was so appreciated. But if men have to always be hard, tough and troubled to be strong, we aren't free to be multidimensional or celebrate an icon of men everywhere, because he is sweet and sensitive, then we haven't come very far have we. I believe men can and should be EVERYTHING just like female lead characters should be. There is no right and wrong kind of powerful man. And the massive male audience who made the film a hit it is, can sure choose and judge their own icons of progress.

See, I can be a cunt too. Btw: typing that out made me realise how terribly it is written. Streamline your thoughts you hysterical slut

>some literally who roastie talking shit about James Cameron

lol who cares, this roastie don't even deserve to smell the farts of Cameron

>I believe women can and should be EVERYTHING just like male characters should be. There is no right and wrong kind of powerful woman
What am I reading

he said something along the lines of "she's too perfect"
it was a pretty stupid criticism 2bh, she's motherfucking Wonder Woman
I think he's more upset about all the undeserved praise the movie got

jesus christ, wonder woman was mediocre at best. fuck the critics and audience who gave this bitch an inflated ego.

Does anyone even think WW was that good? I liked the stuff about her not being able to fit in it was pretty funny but the action was dreadful

Imagine being surrounded by plebs who can't handle criticism like he is

Amazonian Bitches ain't got Shit on Sarah Connor going nuclear because of her dreams

Because they need her to be. Can't push
an agenda if there are no real problems.

>James "muh female objectification" Cameron

>Woman
>women
>woman
>women
>woman
>women
>women
>women
>woman
>female

It's generic capeshit with dumb action and shitty CGIs, it's only praised muh strong womyn by plebs who act as if WW was the first strong female character ever in movies

Tbf she's right.

Also wonder woman being too perfect to the point of being naive was the fucking point of the movie

Stronk womans having no obstacles what did she mean by this.

low tier bait, here your (you)

Hey Patty! didn't know you browsed Sup Forums

Despite its financial success, Wonderwoman was literally dogshit. I can't explain it.

However she is wrong; the male hero archetype and the female hero archetype is different, so woman can't be everything like a man can't be a damsel in distress - it just doesn't work. On a fundemental level this is why Wonderwoman never worked for me: there was almost no Hero's journey, she didn't learn anything new, she never learnt gained new abilites, she was perfect and outmatched anyone from the start apart from Ares maybe, there was no character development outside a superficial level, no darkest hour/submerging into the undergound of chaos where the hero has to face his worst fears and overcome them, and finally, no villain she was evenly matched with and meant a challenge to her not just phisically, but on an intellectual level too. The intellectual level of the final battle was so lame and uninteresting that only made me yawn - "Humanity is shitT They deserve to die! Look at what horrible things I made them do! -NO U!"

Like come on, we've seen this a thousand times before, and much better executed.
And the CGI was atrocious, it looked like a fucking videogame.

Sooo is she also saying that women are unable to understand the characters that men play because they're women and not men?

>women can be EVERYTHING
Literally EVERY character is good huh. If you don't like EVERY female character you're sexist

Do you think neo-feminists are aware that they're just tools and useful idiots of international jewry and are just going along with it because it further their victimhood interests or are they really just 100% idiots who don't realize power is taken and not given?

take a man and remove reason and accountability.

Wonder woman was a fucking piece of shit film, and the character herself was one dimensional. Most plain jane fucking character to exist so they can project things into her if need be.

He's crying into his stockpile of cash no doubt.

In seriousness though Patty is far up her own ass and I didn't even need to read much of the OP.

>sucking cameron's dick this hard

wew lad.

Are you new here?

Based Jimbo all his FILMS have Strong women.

this guy never saw any cameron's movie

>crazed murderer
>strong yet damaged woman
jenkins is a fraud and monster was garbage

Show some fucking respect

Rose though?

>the character herself was one dimensional.
Woah! Just like real life. Let women scream all they want, because they'll always be childish.

Leo

wonder woman wasnt a feminist movie. it was actually pretty sexist and would fail most tumblr tests. a lot of problematic things.

>Wonder Woman
>multidimensional

Is she talking about James Cameron, the same James Cameron who put female characters in the spotlight with people like Sarah Connor or Ripley (for the more obvious) ?

Anyway, the movie Wonder Woman (and so the movie character) will never be more than what it is because Wonder Woman as an icon is bigger than that. She is a 70+ old character, and will continue to develop on different support. In other words, she will not be an icon of cinema. Leave it to History to judge who between Sarah Connor and movie Wonder Woman will be choose as "an icon of progress".

It's not because your movie does 800 millions profits that your character is more iconic or "better". It's a superhero movie, it was bound to make millions, and it has this "fresh" touch with the female character. Doesn't make it the better female character, or the most legetimate portray of a "good" female character.

God, her whole message is a total non-sense. With Cameron, women were : a prey turning broken warrior, her own self-made Terminator (Sarah Connor), a disgraced lieutenant turned protective, aggressive, adoptive mother, perfect reflect of the Alien Queen (Ellen Ripley), a kid who survived for weeks where everyone included her own family died (Newt), a bitter and banal housewife turned into an action hero (Helen Tasker, True Lies IMAGINE), an aristocrat who was sick of this life and its privation, because of her social rank and because she was a woman, who finds love and fate and therefore liberation (Rose, Titanic), daughter of a chief's clan, reluctant to help a human but actually proven to be a great fighter and a compassionate woman (Neytiri, Avatar), a scientist, aware of sacrifices, who manages to make a first contact with a sentient alien species (Lindsey, Absyss). And that is only for the main ones.

tl;dr : Despite his career proving otherwise, I presume James Cameron doesn't know his shit because he is not a woman.

He said "Sarah Connor > Wonder Woman"

James Cameron has literally done more for women in film than any literally who blog writing feminist or corporate schlock like WW.

>make Superman a flawed, complex character
>NOT MUH STOP RAPING MY CHILDHOOD REEE

>make Wonder Woman a likeable strong woman
>WHY ISN'T SHE FLAWED OR COMPLEX REEEE

Stick to fake news, shills. You suck at everything else

Remember that part where WW goes GRRR and rollerskates down a line of FUCKING WHITE MALES? It really fired up my mangina and empowered me to respect women.

Well the WW sequel is going to be shit and this proves it. The only reason the first one was decent is because they set out to make a good superhero movie. Now they are going to be making the sequel a feminist movie and its going to be shit.

>rollerskates
Was this supposed to look like super speed or her doing a a weird super jump that was like an inch off the ground?

>the one good DCEU movie
>this board can't decide if they love or hate it
Well this should tip the balance firmly into "hate" territory.

Objective truth

this. female unibomber is a great character.

>calling based James a shill
>reddit spacing

>>Try to roast the guy that made Ripley more of an action hero that no other shitty grrl power modern icon can live up to.

Ah delightful.

capeshit versus character with a 2 movie narrative arc starting at ditzy California whore and ending psychopathic paramilitary hard case

James cameron was right againg

It's worse than Suicide Squad. Only people who disagree are asshurt feminists that want Harley Quinn to be an abuse victim.

I find it more hilarious how Cameron's actual comments are buried behind all of these reaction shit like Jenkin's statement

I still have no idea what he said that set off everything.

>all these fucking plebs who will defend cameron because feminists attacked him

he makes Disney movies for adults but makes them less interesting somehow

the only thing fake is

>this is what butthurt haters actually believe

>DCucks trying to take on the director of the highest grossing film of all time that changed cinema forever.

>It's worse than Suicide Squad
No it isn't
WW is by no means amazing but let's not get crazy here

Not really, he said he admired Sup Forums's official /ourguy/ Zack Snyder.

>posting a dead meme
ishygddt

It's meh, still the second best capeshit of the year Logan though

Fuck it, i agree with Jenkins.

This is something that even DC fucking got wrong about Wonder Woman over the years. Wonder Woman doesn't need to be a hardened and ruthless warrior chick to be a strong female character.
Wonder Woman was created by her visionary inventor so there would be a good female model in a setting dominated by virile male characters and devoted to young boys that exemplifies all the positives traits that came to be associated with the female gender. She's supposed to be beautiful, to be loving, to be soft, and show there's nothing bad in being any of those things. That a woman can be that and still be regarded as a strong character alongside heroes like Superman and Batman that are all very virile and powerful.

Here's what William Moulton Marston, Wonder Woman's creator, wrote to a 1943 issue of The American Scholar:

>Not even girls want to be girls so long as our feminine archetype lacks force, strength, and power. Not wanting to be girls, they don't want to be tender, submissive, peace-loving as good women are. Women's strong qualities have become despised because of their weakness. The obvious remedy is to create a feminine character with all the strength of Superman plus all the allure of a good and beautiful woman.

Wonder Woman was a Mary Sue.

What you wrote and quoted is about a comic book character and with that I agree. Although I'm not a fan of "Wondy", I acknowledge and recognize her cultular impact and the need for her creation.

What we criticize here is her portrayal in "Wonder Woman" movie and how bland it is, especially compared to characters like Snyder's Superman and Batman.

That doesn't even make sense, you retarded cunt. Her argument is so easily to destroy and this is the best you can come up with? It's no u tier. What are you, 13?

Women today don't need strong characters.
They need relatable characters.

Diana is about the farthest thing from a human woman as Superman is from a man.

That's actually a really good point. Wonder Woman's got way more in common with Neytiri than Sarah Connor.

She's right. Not all female characters have to go through some trauma to be tough and independent women.

I see the neo bolshevism dvision is now extending to movies

>there is no right and wrong kind of powerful woman
What did she mean by this?

derp, wrong quote