/Stand-up comedy Thread/

Can we have a Stand-Up thread?

Who are some of your favorite Stand-up comedians?
Any Stand-up specials/shows you've seen lately?
Do you do stand-up?

Talk about it here

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QmF1Y25iEPw
baka.com.au/entertainment/comedy/15-best-jokes-from-edinburgh-fringe-festival-2017-revealed-20170822-gy1zji.html
youtu.be/XfAT5mvSasY
youtube.com/watch?v=RWc-xtlMxHs
youtube.com/watch?v=Ag6y6jz7bQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=89frRi8GgGA
youtube.com/watch?v=1l1awGRnSHw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>that op pic
INTERRACIAL BREEDING GROUNDS

I've started watching Paul Provenza's green room and I fucking love the bants. It can be hit and miss but comedians are their own breed. All full of bravado but constantly tearing the other down, some can hide it better than others but all of them are really damaged people who crave validation.

louis ck is a faggot

Brian Regan is the best standup working today

>Stand-Up
Fucking burgers.

/ourguy/

you underestimate the amount of pleb on this board, when his last special came out it was non-stop whining, he has no jokes he is so boring etc.

His last special grew on me. At first I thought it was okay with a few good jokes but after watching it again....and again it just keeps getting better. When he talks about astronauts I just lose it

youtube.com/watch?v=QmF1Y25iEPw

best stand up comedy (movie?) ive seen recently. sus it out when youve got time.

I'm not a fan of hannibal in general, but I liked this, it was good to see how intense and draining doing something like the edinburgh festival can be.

jesus his place does look fucking awful, like who lives like that?

2. "Trump's nothing like Hitler. There's no way he could write a book." – Frankie Boyle

Surely this joke should've been #1?

baka.com.au/entertainment/comedy/15-best-jokes-from-edinburgh-fringe-festival-2017-revealed-20170822-gy1zji.html

old doug was great
youtu.be/XfAT5mvSasY

that one never gets old...

How GOOD is this? Joe is hilarious!

youtube.com/watch?v=RWc-xtlMxHs

cringing hard at 20secs why does he do it

>so uhhhh
>my wife keeps insisting I pay reparations to her
>oh its brutal
>every FUCKING day is "reparations this reparations that"
>so uhhh...after a couple hundred beating I decide to give in
>10.000$ reparations a month
>thats reasonable right?
>RIGHT...?
>fucking NO
>what does she do right after I start PAYING her for simple existing?
>she tells me my kid ISNT mine and I STILL HAVE TO RAISE IT
>heheheh...
>aaahhh women...what're ya gonna do?

Joes standup is really boring.
He can be very funny if in conversation with the right person though.

BIG

>The crowd are gathered in the foyer enjoying their pre-event drink of grape juice
>the foyer lights flash
>the event is about to begin
>Ushers are frantic at getting the spectators to their seats in fear of feeling the full strength of the host
>the doors shut and loud simultaneous lock is heard through the theatre
>the crowd becomes silent in anticipation
>The theme to 2001 begins to play by the all white ginger symphony below the stage
>as the trumpets' crescendo, the cuck himself appears from the rafters, descending to the stage in the still form of christ wearing a black and purple suit
>The drums ravvivando as the host gradually reaches the stage and beat even louder as he levitates only a foot above the stage
>Louis drops to the stage and at the same time the drums have changed the beat to youtube.com/watch?v=Ag6y6jz7bQQ and the ginger symphony complete the vocals
>the crowd goes wild
>the pause in the music
>LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WELCOME TO THE INTERRACIAL BREEDING GROUNDS
>the crowd is in ecstacy
>RELEASE THE NUBIANS

that was bad and you should feel bad.

Its sort of sad that none of joe's comedian friends will tell him how shitty his stand up is

>when you see an open mic night so bad it sends you into an existential crisis that makes you question the meaning of funny and what a pity laugh is

hey billy

wow that was pretty bad, i like rogan i don't know why he's not better

You can tell they are biting their tongues when he starts talking about stand up and his 'good' bits.

podcasts >>>>> standup

hes a moron thats why

Carlin
Burr
Macdonald

is this real?

for being so high profile, he is so fucking average.

I got through his triggered special, it was ok but nothing more than that, tried to watch one of this older ones and turned off after 15 minutes.

should stick to podcasting.

thanks dude that was great

Any fan of stand up should also be an Opie & Anthony fan

>DUDE COSBY IS A RAPIST MAN
>OOPS HE ISNT A RAPIST I JUST SLANDERED A MAN AND RUINED HIS LIFE AND THAT OF HIS CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN
>IM JUST A NIGGER DOE I SAY CRAZY SHIT LMAO WHO CARES? WHATUP

what a fucking cunt, itll be nice to see his fall from the bottom

On one of Norm's podcasts he mentioned a couple newer stand up acts that were actually worth a damn, but I can't remember the names he said or which episode he mentioned them.

>first live stand up was Gallagher
>called me a dickhead for not catching a ball
>crowd loved it
20 years later we have to protect the feelings of college kids.

Brian Regen.

Reply ONLY with GOD TIER comedians

Kyle Kinane is my favorite. Anyone have any recs based on this?

>ravvivando

somebody who knew the term ravvivando took the time to copy/paste their own shitty louis cuck green text on Sup Forums.

leave school kids, do a trade

gallagher on O&A with patrice is one of the greatest radio segments of all time. they all play off each other beautifully and gallagher is in the dark the whole time as they all change spots from good cop to bad cop. very funny. i've read a couple of reviews on his new act, mostly lefties complaining about how insensitive he is, but sorta sounds like he's lost the plot.

Bill, Louie, Maron, Colin Quinn

best black uk comedian coming through.

1.lenny Hendry
2.Macintyre
3.ricky gervias
4 lee evans
5 frank boyle

Bill Hicks

apart from not being funny, I can't watch lee evans without feeling physically ill, the amount of sweat that pisses off him on stage is disgusting.

Prime bitter bill

The only guy whose comedy still holds up to this day

I see Brian Regen mentioned a lot, which means he either panders to alt right Sup Forums crowd, or is actually very funny. Guess I"ll find out which it is.

All unfunny garbage. I shake my head in disgust.

Richard Pryor?

Meme

I don't get Gallagher?

Holy fuck you're a faggot

bill hicks and Frankie boyle are pretty funny dude, whats with your shitty attitude?

>pic related best film comedian

I guess, turns out I was wrong on both counts, he's neither Sup Forums nor funny.

Comedy comes from pain. Rogan is a Chad alpha male who found success almost instantly. Between News Radio, Fear Factor, the UFC and now his podcast, Joe has never built up that bitterness which most comedians find inspiration from.

He's basically a female comedian. He does standup because it's cool not because he has issues to work through.

Supreme top 10

1 Bill Hicks
2 Patrice O
3 Dave Chapplle
4 Dode Carlin
5 Billy Connoly
6 Richard Pryor
7 some Canadian guy who wanted to invade turkey?
8 Eddie murphy
9 Steward Lee
10 Bill Bailey

Yeah. Maybe you should just shut the fuck up and not try to project your issues on other people then

Bill Hicks aged about as well as milk and Frankie Boyle is just some try hard edgy "black comedy" faggot

What issues might those be? I'm just looking for good comedy, a rare commodity.

Correct

Rogans comedy is identifying absurdism:
>Dude can you believe we're animals and we talk n shit?
Yeah Joe I get it

Other comedians will do that, but the best will talk about what really pains us, finding the truths to that.

youtube.com/watch?v=89frRi8GgGA

shutup you fucking retard you talk like a moron

Wash waaah everyone who doesn't agree with me is alt-right! That's your most obvious issue.

you sound like a bitter wannabe who failed as a stand up.

post some comedy user

Does Sup Forums like John Mulaney or IDs this board full of shit taste?

Closeted people annoy me because i'm meant to pretend I don't notice their insatiable thirst for cock and play along

he's really funny

Who here /Cumtown/

Nick is too funny for those dudes. I hope he makes it big but it's equally likely he quits and runs off to become a carpenter in Alaska.

that pasta is 2 years old you newfag

loyolty

>One guy gets the light saying he has 1 min left
>Wants to do a reenactment of his grandmother catching him jerking off
>Spends 2 minutes setting up and spends another 2 minutes doing this horrible reenactment while the host is trying to get him off stage

Another time
>Fat guy gets on stage and is wearing a shirt too small for him
>His belly is hanging out the bottom of his shirt
>His pants start to sag a little and you can see his underwear
>Pants sag even more so now I can see his belly, underwear and fat thighs

Anyone else here actually go out and try to perform?

how the fuck is he even remotely popular? this is worse than any shit at an open mic

>it's a Trump bashing act
>it's a pants shitting/pissing self/being caught jerking off anecdote act
>it's a pointing out inaccuracies in movies/song lyrics act
>it's a rescue your bomb by acknowledging it act

Nate Bargatze's episode of that Netflix standup thing was surprisingly good desu.

Just thought I'd mention someone that's pretty unknown

In terms of best of all time:

Norm (although he's funnier on talk shows than stand up imo)
Patrice
Chappelle
Louis CK (from like 2004-2009) as much as he's meme'd on here
Pryor
and even though i don't like him, i guess Seinfeld should be mentioned just for what he contributed

on another note, what do you guys think of Andy Kaufman?

What do you guys think of Chapelle's new stuff compared to his old stuff?

>"So this is true, my daughter fucked a black guy once... and she's three. And I watched and masturbated. In fact, I was the guy who brought in the black guy to fuck my daughter."
>Crowd is in stitches

youtube.com/watch?v=1l1awGRnSHw

hell yeah bitch

Brendan Schaub

Sammy is my favorite comedian in recent years. Not being ironic, I think he's smart and hilarious. Otherwise I like Dave Attel, Mitch Hedberg, Norm, Chappelle

Stanhope

featuring BIG