>17th and 18th fills the gap between 15th and 16th

AGEN GOOBER

What do YOU watch Twin Peaks on, /tpg/?

bobe lol

Fill-up Jeffries lol

>tfw Maddy will never roleplay Laura just to gain your affections

no memes allowed

it's a free cunt-ry

Can we please discuss how Peggy Lipton has aged so well?

Is he our girl?

By not becoming a fatty like Sherilyn and Madchen, and not turning to drugs like Lara and Sheryl

Well i mean after cooper disappeared he went into being a FBI madman chasing aliens for the next 10 years. Sure.

>Sheryl
>Drugs
lol

what does this mean?

But... she doesn't have her coat on

Why isn't Lynch taking advantage of Showtime's cable status and showing more nudity on the show, like GoT?

nudity is for pleebs

>thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=gGjJFRPtdDI

Why the fuck did they lock Naido in a cell as if she's a criminal?

early freddie post

I was listening to 21 Pilots earlier and I couldn't help but notice that some of the sounds reminded me of the sound design in the show.

Because overdone explicit nudity is bad taste?

why didn't the fireman put out the fire at the mill? is he bad at his job?

Sarah Palmer has got to be the girl who got the insect inside of her in episode 8, right?

>1956
>1989
That would make her 33 and she's actually 17. And that was in New Mexico, not Twin Peaks.

So no, obviously.

we don't know for sure. That insect may very well be BOB, the literal parasite

Wait, actually I meant she would be 33 + however old that girl was (13? 14?)

that is a halarious picture

Whoa. Is that a leak? Does this mean she's actually going to get to the Roadhouse?

she was in the roadhouse this whole time

Can anyone confirm is this up on Stan? I'm away from home until tomorrow night so can't check.

FUCKING SPOILERS REEEE

Apparently it's not up on the service, this looks like just an advertising error.

Am I alone in thinking he's the best character on the show?

is he right?

fuck I guess this means richard is going to see audrey

THROUGH THE DARKNESS OF FUTURES PAST
THE MAGICIAN LONGS TO SEE
ONE CHANCE OUT BETWEEN TWO WORLDS
FIRE WALK WITH ME

Audrey...

Underrated post.
Have a You, you.

It's probably going to be a family reunion. Sheeeet

>S2 had a charm!
>Return fails to resonate with ME!
Such objective opinion he has.

he's a stupid retard, a fanboy, and lynch took the new show in the best possible direction. A rehash of the old series would have suck'd. There are some flaws in the return but they are minor

NEW SHOES
CLEAN SHIRT

This is the feed. And this is the seed. Suck full, and descend. The Chuck is the fuck of the eyes, and the Sneed within.

He used to be pretty fucking GOAT in the original show and movie, Al Strobel was such a cool looking motherfucker back then, and a great voice too.

Senile grandpa version with fake teeth in season 3 does not have the same screen presence though, it kind of falls flat.

The only thing that could be considered superior in TP2 compared to The Return is a more linear narrative structure.

Late S2 was a very shitty melodrama, I guess a certain demographic could find a certain charm in the Evelyn subplot but they're better off watching different shows

Why is his voice so comfy bros?

No he's an idiot and a crybaby.

HOW MANY FUCK RENAULT BROTHERS ARE THERE?

REEEEEEEEE WHEN IS IT OVER ALREADY

who uses forums anymore?

>Who cares about who is Judy

>TR has no charm

It's like this guy fast forwarded every scene set in Las Vegas.

This, so much this. People are dumb if they don't realize that revivals are doomed to mediocrity if they attempt to imitate what fans loved about the original. It's impossible, it can't be done, it will never be the same, it will never be anything but a poor imitation. The Return takes us back into that world, but greatly expands upon it and gives us new and great things, it is something that will stand on its own when looked at 10 years from now.

Will people look back on the x-files revival the same way in 10 years? as a worthwhile addition the the series? Fuck no they won't. It's true what you say, it has plenty of flaws, but so does anything that is taking risks nobody else is doing.

TR has earned its existence, it has a purpose that goes beyond revisiting the past. It will be remembered by fans as something that expanded and took the show into new exciting territory. I don't think we will ever see another revival like it, unless it has an auteur behind it like Lynch, given total and complete creative freedom.

Massive props to Showtime for doing this, they took a huge risk with it, and it may only pay off in the long term for them as the ratings haven't been the best. But they should seriously be commended for putting this out.

They return Sunday.

HOLY SHIT! That was Kyle McLachlan on Sprockets?? I've watched all of those sketches a billion times and never recognised him because o those dumb sunglasses. I guess they woulda been around the time Dune came out huh? Thanks OP

GUYS JUDY'S IDENTITY HAS LEAKED
THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Now this frogeater is borderline retarded.

So she ISN'T in a dream?? That or she does wake up and instantly just goes to the roadhouse after all the fucking tension? Man I love the new episodes so much. There's no filler like S2 of old series

I actually like nuMike better. Verbose S2 Mike was always pretty silly to me, some interdimensional being talking like he's reading edgy highschool poetry. I prefer him as a cryptic and quiet observer.

Youre assuming the bug immediately turned into a baby in the little girls stomach instead of hibernating. Maybe it first directed her to move to twin peaks to find Bob first or some shit. But really it doesn't matter and we won't find out

we fold like icicles on

paper shelves

>It's true what you say, it has plenty of flaw

no I said it has some minor flaws(not many flaws), I think it's excellent overall (speaking of the return)

I agree with the rest of you post.

Twin Peaks took the story, the character, and expanded on it in a different direction. It resembles the old twin peaks enough without trying to ape the same exact formula.

Many individual scenes are simply amazing, overall a great experience

FOR TOOOH. HE OWES ME FUH TOOOOOOH

She could just be in a mental institution. Maybe shes allowed to leave under supervision?

and also let's not forget the plenty of flaws of the original 2 seasons, without even considering the "mid season 2 chasm". It was for the better to shed behind the most soap opera moments. I wonder who is the fucking asshole who expected to see more scenes like James-Donna-Maddy triangle, or more Norma-Big Ed-Criminal guy soap opera stuff (at least they got their fan service brief scene). I'm sure there are many retards who expected that

Wrong picture.

Name a better couple in all of Twin Peaks.

>wahhhh why didn't they copy the old show

the reason why the old show was good was because it wasn't like other stuff on TV at the time.

the new show is good because of the same reason.

fucking retard.

Saw this video for the first time last week and it blew my fuckin' basket -
youtube.com/watch?v=zXhKSssqNUg.
(side by side of Cooper escaping into Dougie's body + New York Glass box death scene)

Also what's everyones favourite part so far? It's gotta be hard to beat part 8.. that ending with the woodsmen was some of the most unsettling shit i've seen in a long time: "GOT A LIGHT?"

fug...

is there ANY tiny chance of chris or kiefer showing up?

How do you feel about if they used some of the same music? I mean they use the same opening credits music and Laura's theme works well in a mystery show like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=khMlcTE7lw8

easy

quality post

Read a book, Kiefer got written out.

fuck off mark

I wouldn't have minded a tiny bit more of it, but so far I'm pretty happy with what we've gotten in terms of old themes, they're sparse enough that you actually appreciate the throwback when you do hear them.

What I am kind of unhappy about and would consider a flaw of TR is the new Badalamenti material not living up to the past, I thought Fire Walk With Me blew the original show out of the water, that soundtrack was way better, it had an incredible main theme, and everything else was just as good. I wish FWWM had more of that, I wish it had a brand new intro theme song, it feels weird that it is the old one again.

The music Badalamenti has written for season 3 has been pretty good, especially "Heartbreaking" but none of it comes close to what he did on FWWM.

>Fuck off co-writer of the series
You are not a very smart guy, huh?

yeah he has a nice presence
the way he says 'don't die' to coop felt quite emotional

>There is a rerun of part 15 on HBO Europe right now, my second viewing. Unlike most of the previous parts, I could not bear complete it, I am typing this as it is on and I am not watching. This is really bad, I cannot even watch it twice. I am honestly never going to watch this crap again once it is off the air. Yes, I still like the Mr C scene in this part with all its faults, but the rest is simply appalling. And they know it. They had the FBI Vegas guy yell "children" when he approached the interrogation room. They knew most people would expect to see DougieCoop there (just one child, Sonny Jim), the way they have been screwing with the audience is beyond belief.

this guy knows children means more than one right?

Agreed desu

Also there's something subconsciously horrifying in that we can't be sure if it's just how MIKE the spirit looks or if this poor shoe salesman is just possessed 24/7 now and had his entire life stolen away to fuck around in the red room

There's even one who's a cable guy in New York City.

Ehh, I think it has a little more than some minor ones, but I'll reserve judgement on that until it is all over. I think the biggest issue with season 3 is probably the inconsistencies, the inconsistencies in visuals, in pacing, in tone and a timeline that simply does not make sense some of the time, but I'll have to wait until the finale to make up my mind on that final point as it may very well be intended.

The original had plenty of flaws, yes, even before the killer reveal, some of those early season 2 episodes not directed by Lynch are fucking ROUGH. Episode 4 in particular is a pretty fucking terrible episode.Episode 3 isn't much better. At least 6 was amazing for not being a Lynch directed episode, and 5 had plenty of highlights too. While I love the soapy nature of the original, the romance melodrama can be overbearing at times, especially in season 2. While I absolutely love the music in the original, they do lean a little too much on it, every fucking scene has it playing and not every director use it to the same brilliant effect that Lynch was able to in the scenes he wrote and directed.

Why does she have a tattoo of the mark on the ring on her arm?

the stuff with tojamura is pretty unwatchable imo

Goddamn, is this the same forum as previous retards or a subreddit?

same thread, think I remember seeing it

I'm pretty sure it's 90% computer-illiterate boomers who just want the show to be a primetime soap again.

same forum

here's another

>wahh why isn't kyle being hammy instead of giving a good performance

>Verbose S2 Mike was always pretty silly to me

That's not Mike, that's Philip Gerard. MIKE was the fucking bomb.

The FWWM soundtrack is god-tier, but I kind of like The Returns' absence of a sound track. Take the scene with Jeffries, for example. All it has in the background is a whooshing sound played backwards, and an electrical hum, yet it's incredibly satisfying to watch and listen to. Dean Hurley has done an amazing job with the ambient sound effects in this season. If you're not watching this show with the volume cranked right up, you might complain that there isn't a soundtrack, but there is, albeit a more subtle, constant one.

>hating on ep15 when it contained the most god-tier lodge sequence in the entire show, FWWM included

That's kind of the idea, though. The stuff happening in the Red Room has died down, ever since BOB left and the Arm evolved. All MIKE does now is take care of the place, guiding Dougie, and putting the ring back on its pedestal. The fire has died out.

>I know I'm in the absolute minority, even among the disappointed, but the Becky scene was cartoonish and now-we're-really-going-to-spoonfeed-you-her-emotions. I cringe every time I watch it. There, I said it :)

cartoonish? coming from someone who loves S2???? wtf? this place is crazy. getting absolute triggered desu.

have some webms

Bite da bullet, baby

the old gut punch

You're confused. Sarah is not Laura.