Is Ramsay a good chef?

Is Ramsay a good chef?

Other urls found in this thread:

gordonramsay.com/gr/recipes/roast-turkey-with-lemon-parsley-and-garlic/
youtube.com/watch?v=nnVUbiXQbpU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't care for the drama show's like Hell's Kitchen but the ones where he actually cooks food every time I've tried his recipes they've been great. Never eaten at his restaurants.

most of the time, yes.

I hosted a thanksgiving themed dinner last year (not American) and I followed his Turkey & gravy recipe and it was a smash hit with everyone.

Here's the recipe for anyone interested.
gordonramsay.com/gr/recipes/roast-turkey-with-lemon-parsley-and-garlic/

i dont even care but hes based as fuck

I hate garlic :(

I used one of his vid's to learn how to make really good scrambled eggs. Not a very complicated thing to do, but they always turn out great. Besides, I doubt he would have gained all those Michelin Stars if he was anything but a top-tier chef.

get the fuck out

Kill yourself.

The dude has 16 fucking Michelin stars and has a 3 Michelin star restaurant.

Dude is not only an amazing chef, he has a talent to identify other amazing chefs, and manage chefs to bring out their best.

Michelin stars aren't memes

Well he taught me how to cook yummy, fluffy. scrambled eggs. So he's okay in my books.

I literally just bought the ingredients to make his scrambled eggs as soon as I get up from the computer. So simple but so good.

It's just a tiny bit of garlic, and when it's roasting in the oven it will meld with all the other fresh flavors so you'd be hard pressed to distinguish just the garlic, especially with the gravy on top.

Pretty good, though there's certainly more technically proficient chefs out there. He's got a great personality for TV and a good mind for business though, I don't think any of his shows or restaurants have been outright failures.

He's at his best when hes not on American TV though- we like to play up the yelling and fake drama too much. Go watch some of his earlier Kitchen Nightmares for good entertainment, or the F Word for a lighter and more fun show.

As for actual cooking, I've always wanted to try making this, looks delicious. Might try it this Thanksgiving.

youtube.com/watch?v=nnVUbiXQbpU

you only need eggs to cook his scrambled eggs. the chives are unnecessary and the cream makes a relatively cheap meal much too expensive and extra fattening.

No. You only need eggs to cook scrambled eggs. You need the chives and the creme fraiche to cook HIS scrambled eggs.

I don't always follow the recipe exactly, mostly because I don't have any creme fraiche in the fridge that time and I agree the method is a great lesson even if you don't follow the recipe.
> too expensive and extra fattening
A can of creme fraiche is like 1.50 and a small spoonful like he instructs has like 25 calories. Stop being a retard who thinks eating fat makes you fat.

Get you're undead arse back to /r/eddit.

I've eaten at London in NYC a few years back, it's one of the best restaurants in the city. Granted, I'd recommend Daniel and La Bernadin if you've got the pick of places to go, and as I understand, London lost its Michelin stars recently, so. On the other hand, Eric Ripert and Daniel Boulud don't have massive media empires to be running at the same time as their restaurants, so a difference in QC is understandable.

>Can of creme fraiche
>not making it yourself with heavy cream and a little bit of sour cream to start the culture

>>not making it yourself with heavy cream and a little bit of sour cream to start the culture
what if he's american

What if you weren't OBSESSED

DAMN.

I admit I am a casual.
I also don't want to have a 10 liter bucket of the stuff left over after my eggs.

His recipes seems legit. I've heard stories from around four chefs who've worked with him or under him back in the day and each one said he was a good chef but that he was suck up to those above him and a pain to work with as he'd go out of his way to make those around him look bad to curry favour.

Don't know if it's true but from experience whenever I've heard stories of a chef (drinks too much, always late, a bit lazy etc) then worked with them you tend to find out they're true.

philistine

Nigger does your supermarket only sell heavy cream by ten liter buckets

Wtf

his 'perfect burger' looked like shit.

Found the vampire