Profit-seeking is lowering American competitiveness via IQ

Americans are parodied for being stupid but, guess what? Our iodine levels have dropped dramatically. Asians have much more iodine from their diets. Guess why Americans consume so much less iodine now? PROFITS!

It costs a little more for the processed food and fast food industries to use iodine disinfectants on food preparation equipment so they don't use them now.

It costs a teeny tiny bit more for them to use iodized salt so they use the euphemistically named "sea salt" instead. They use the euphemism to convince consumers that this crappy non-iodized salt is better — it's natural because it's from the sea — whee! In reality all salt is sea salt. It's just that sea salt on packaging is non-iodized, inferior low-IQ, salt.

They'll teach you how to do a square root by hand in school but they won't tell you all the secrets rich people have to give their kids an advantage, like iodine.

Good nutrition is essential for competitiveness, via intellectual (brain) development.

Other urls found in this thread:

emedicine.medscape.com/article/165315-overview#a4
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2769828/
themeadow.com/pages/minerals-in-himalayan-pink-salt-spectral-analysis
amazon.com/Brain-Research-Childhood-Education-Implications/dp/0871731541/ref=la_B001IOBO7K_1_5/164-9651711-4010113?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1472360388&sr=1-5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

good to know, iodine-industry-fag

fuck you got here before i did

nice article faggo

also
>square root by hand
in what fucking school?

FUCK idodine NIGGA

Iodine is just the beginning, too.

Aluminum is used in huge amounts in processed cheese ("American" slices, Velveeta, etc.).

It's used, supposedly, to make the cheese softer, more easily melted, and more easily sliced.

But, what they don't tell you — because the FDA purposefully lets them not put it on the label — is that the cheese is loaded with aluminum — a neurotoxin.

Aluminum is highly concentrated in the brains of people with dementia and Alzheimers. That's no accident.

Then, there is mercury contamination in high fructose corn syrup — from "mercury-grade" processing, even though that type of processing is not needed to make HFCS. The FDA not only refused to ban mercury-grade processing it refused to investigate the findings of mercury contamination in off-the-shelf products!

joke's on you i pour salt on my palm and lick it off while i browse Sup Forums

I call it my snicker snack

See my post below which has nothing to do with iodine, bucko. Invent a new red herring ad hom.

I won't be happy until I fucking live in a stone house with massive gardens, farm animals of my own, and well water.

Fuck this gay earth.

The aluminum isn't just in the cheese, either. It's in the pickles that are a staple of the poor, working class, and lower middle class diets.

And, Kroger and other large companies still have all their baked products made with trans fats and, wait for it — aluminum baking powder.

Alternatives to aluminum baking powder (like calcium-based powders) have been readily available for a long time and taste better.

BUT...

NIGGA DONT be teelin me bout no IDODINE nigga

I got extremely powerful idodine COURSING THROUGH MY BLOODSTREAM you hear dat?! EXTREMELY powerful nigga fuck you

And we have the protein industry – a huge industry now, where most of the whey comes from China and is heavily contaminated with heavy metals and arsenic.

Young men have been convinced that they need to lift weights and consume protein drinks, bars, and powders — all the while ruining their health with:

• cadmium

• mercury

• lead

• arsenic

• nickel

The FDA won't do anything about this except allow companies to use "distributed by" on labels instead of making them say where the food contents come from.

If only someone was selling a super-pure iodine supplement, hey?

You think the male children of the elites consume that shit? Ha.

And, this brings us to chocolate.

Ah, yes...

Chocolate is constantly being promoted for its various health benefits by all sorts of studies.

What they don't tell you is that chocolate is contaminated with lead.

And, wait for it... the FDA doesn't do anything to require the testing of cocoa for lead levels.

Bump

>It costs a teeny tiny bit more for them to use iodized salt so they use the euphemistically named "sea salt" instead. They use the euphemism to convince consumers that this crappy non-iodized salt is better —

Your iodized salt includes manufactured forms of iodide, sodium solo-co-aluminate, fluoride sodium bicarbonate, toxic amounts of potassium iodide, anti-caking agents and aluminium derivatives. Table salt has also been bleached

>If only someone was selling a super-pure iodine supplement, hey?

It wouldn't do much good. The iodine is needed during fetal and child development.

Yes, adults need it but it main effect that I'm discussing is for development.

And, a supplement isn't needed. Iodine is plentiful in kelp like wakame. But, the kelp should be tested for heavy metals and radioactive cesium.

Sucky sucky sucky

So what can we eat you fucking nigger

hello potion seller

Then go back to using iodine for equipment sterilization and promote the consumption of the correct amounts of safely farmed kelp by pregnant women, nursing mothers, and for young children.

>Chocolate is constantly being promoted for its various health benefits by all sorts of studies.

Has soy in it too just like almost every damn processed food now. Fuck soy!

read the thread, you boob

Nothing. Everything in a plastic container has xenoestrogens leeching into the product. Alternatives, such as glass, are cleaned with detergents that contain the same xenoestrogens. Animals drink from rivers, lakes, and ponds that have, you guessed it, xenoestrogens.

based bella

You only take iodine to block radiation.

that's why I drink milk powder instead

>And, wait for it... the FDA doesn't do anything to require the testing of cocoa for lead levels.

Just like Romney's financial advisor, VanderSloot, made his fortune peddling unregulated supplements.

Gee, no connection between billionaires from supplements and the upper-echelon of US politics.

Nah.

Powdered milk has a problem, too. I can't remember what it is, though. I read about it recently and thought it was amusing since a Ph.D nutrition professor heavily promoted using nonfat dry milk in everything.

What do I do if I have an extreme soy allergy?

I don't swell up but I went and had an allergy test at the doctor for an unrelated problem and it turns out I'm extremely alergic to soy. Pretty much As allergic as one can be to it.

If I have kids one day should I get them tested early?

>And, a supplement isn't needed. Iodine is plentiful in kelp like wakame. But, the kelp should be tested for heavy metals and radioactive cesium.

And the exposure from the use of iodine disinfectants in food processing was enough to meet the needs of most Americans, back when those were used. Obviously, people who don't consume processed foods or fast foods would have had to have gotten it from something else (like kelp).

is that why orientals are so smart?

Selenium iodine super vitality water filters.

how do i avoid these things if everyone does it? how do i repair any damage? how do you feel about flouride? is tinfoil around my head healthy?

>and well water.

I have relations who all developed arsenic poisoning from having a well near pork and poultry farms.

The FDA allows arsenic to be added to livestock feed to kill parasite infestations caused by overcrowded squalid corporate farming conditions.

Once there were like six or seven arsenicals but the public found out about them so the FDA and the drug companies did a dog and pony show to "ban" and "voluntarily withdraw" (some of) them.

>Selenium iodine super vitality water filters.

Too much selenium is bad.

It is a trace mineral and becomes quite toxic with too much exposure. This can even happen from the use of selenium sulfide shampoos like Selsun Blue, especially if people use this on their bodies to kill tinea versicolor.

It's too late, you're done growing and all major brain "developments" have already happened.

You are forever cheated out of who you should have become

your brain never stops changing, Mr.NotOP

>is tinfoil around my head healthy?
it's made out of aluminum, troll

foil hasn't been made out of tin for a really long time

You know what I mean.

The brain changes a lot more when you're young.

Compare a 5 year old to a 15 year old. Then compare a 20 year old to a 30 year old

>your brain never stops changing,

Yes but it mostly does after around age 8 when the massive brain cell death occurs ("pruning")

This is why there has never been and never will be a top-level concert pianist who didn't start playing an instrument seriously before that age

practice all you like but you'll never develop the neural density that kids who did those things a lot at a young age will have as adults in those parts of the brain

How 'near' the farm? if my well is run off from a mountain, I should be good.

Thanks for your concern and research.

>if my well is run off from a mountain, I should be good

unless it's been mined

mining can cause a lot of water pollution

aluminum is also in Pillsbury cookies dough (((Sodium aluminium phosphate)))

If you're so worried why don't you go chug some fucking iodine right now faggot

Do you understand what run off means?

Now it just sounds like you're spreading fear. That post was fucking stupid.

>hope you don't have mineral runoff in your water table.
Thanks...

>how do you feel about flouride?

I don't know enough about fluoride to answer your question. It's something I plan to research more.

Iodine is in salt. Salt in on french fries. We're ok.

>Aluminum causes Alzheimer
Has yet to be proven, not even the Alzheimer association confirms it. Aluminum, unlike heavy metals such as lead and mercury is not difficult for the body to remove. If it is building up this indicates the person has an abnormality in removing it, which may be a symptom of the disease.

emedicine.medscape.com/article/165315-overview#a4

My 87 year old grandfather has been eating pickles and other junk for years and is in perfect mental health

New data shows the disease may be another form of diabetes

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2769828/

That's why I want to raise my kids on a farm in the most northern of USA. My genes are probably fuck but it would definitely help their development correct?

>mountain is mined
>mountain and area surrounding mountain is possibly contaminated because of mining
>rains
>water runs down mountain and the surrounding area

Yeah, it is just one thing to tell people to avoid consuming something due to health hazards. Another thing to pedal what ever products you can on people through fear in which "consume this or you are being controlled!"

I somehow managed to randomly land on a radio channel with Alex Jones airing on it. Sometimes it is interesting, other times it is infuriating when he is pitching a sale. Even worse when there is a "reputable" person backing him up.

I should probably stick to the classical music channel and the jazz/blues one.

It couldn't hurt.

Who knows, if I had avoided soy my whole life maybe I'd be taller, smarter, et cetera.

School lunch food probably didn't help me either.

>aluminum is also in Pillsbury cookies dough

It's used in all sorts of baked goods.

Aluminum baking powder doesn't break down when wet. Its action happens when the baked goods are heated. So, crappy cooks will have better results with it because they can leave things sit around once the baking powder has been added.

Calcium baking powders react when they come into contact with liquid. They provide a better taste (no nasty metallic aluminum taste), better rise, and are non-toxic but the mixed batter needs to be immediately baked.

The thing is, though, there are processed baked goods that are made without using aluminum baking powder. It's often nothing more than a choice by the processor. It's my view that it shouldn't be used at all. However, if it's ever going to be used it should only be used when the product can't be made in any other way. Rolls of cookie dough may be an example but I bet chemists can formulate something that isn't toxic that accomplishes the same thing, like the use of yeast.

actually sea salt is unprocessed and has like 100 essential minerals still attached to the rock crystal

its much healthier for you than processed salt which removes the minerals

retard

"essential minerals"

so essential that you couldn't name any of them

>>mountain is mined
>>mountain and area surrounding mountain is possibly contaminated because of mining
>>rains
>>water runs down mountain and the surrounding area

thanks. saved me the effort

>so essential that you couldn't name any of them

Yeah. The body doesn't even use 100 minerals.

Although I don't agree with the products he sells, iodine deficiency is a realtity. It's also that many diets of Americans (I don't know about other countries) are lacking in proper nutrition period.

The one thing he is doing is getting people who otherwise wouldn't know about their health intake question it.

Sorry about the long paragraph, just took some brain force

This is so sad. They seriously don't teach this anymore?

Not all salt is sea salt. Table salt is from deposits, while sea salt comes from evaporation

this is the salt i use it actually has more minerals than sea salt it comes from the himalayan mountains and its pink and it tastes better they have been mining from the same spot for thousands of years and the tunnels are miles long

themeadow.com/pages/minerals-in-himalayan-pink-salt-spectral-analysis

Synapsid pruning still occurs after age eight, it isn't a "use or lose" deal.

Are you a coral reef?

Have goiters started coming back?

Square root by hand can be done tediously through Newton's method, or through Taylor polynomials, the fun way. It's calculus 1 and 2, not highschool

>Although I don't agree with the products he sells, iodine deficiency is a realtity.

Unfortunately, once again, the FDA is doing a horrendously shitty job of preventing Americans from being duped by "patent medicine" quackery.

(See VanderSloot the billionaire and his ties to Mitt Romney and top-tier US politics.)

The same people who raise awareness of dietary deficiencies generally also:

• spread incorrect information (FUD)

• ask people to buy unproven (in terms of content, since supplements often don't even have the right amounts of things in them) stuff at a high price

• promote the falsehood that more is always better (even though too much can be quite bad)

All of this duplicity and confusion is rooted in profit-seeking.

A few years ago, had to take it down when I moved

>Not all salt is sea salt.
My understanding is that the vast majority of dietary salt comes from the Dead Sea. Regardless, it's all the same chemically unless things are added to the sodium chloride (i.e. iodine)

>Synapsid pruning still occurs after age eight, it isn't a "use or lose" deal.

The big pruning episode occurs around that time.

>It's calculus 1 and 2, not highschool
We were taught how to do it in high school in Algebra II. I didn't even take Calculus.

>Regular, commercial table salt is completely stripped of the majority of its minerals with the exception of sodium and chloride. It is then bleached, cleaned with chemicals, and then heated at extremely high temperatures. The iodine that is added to table salt is almost always synthetic, which is difficult for our bodies absorb properly. It is treated with anti-caking agents, which prevents the salt from dissolving in water and clumping in the salt container. These agents then prevent the salt from absorbing into our own bodies, which leads to a buildup and deposit within the organs. This can cause severe health problems. Studies have shown that for each gram of table salt that is consumed that the body cannot process, your body will use 20 TIMES the amount of cellular water to neutralize the amount of sodium chloride that is present in this chemically treated salt. This is largely the reason why salt has gotten such a bad name over the years. It is not necessarily salt that is unhealthy for us, but rather refined table salt that is inferior for our health.

Yes, but you're describing it wrong. People who practice at an early age don't retain more, the pruning doesn't represent a loss of learning compacity. It's essentially just a form of brain development, a streamlining of the brain as it grows.

I don't remember how we did it. I just remember that it was very time-consuming.

And it was all done by hand on paper. We didn't have tablets and shit.

The elements found in Himalayan salt in addition to sodium and chloride. In alphabetical order, they are: actinium, aluminum, antimony, arsenic, astatine, barium, beryllium, bismuth, boron, bromine, cadmium, calcium, carbon, cerium, cesium, chlorine, chromium, cobalt, copper, dysprosium, erbium, europium, fluorine, francium, gadolinium, gallium, germanium, gold, hafnium, holmium, hydrogen, indium, iodine, iridium, iron, lanthanum, lead, lithium, lutetium, magnesium, manganese, mercury, molybdenum, neodymium, neptunium, nickel, niobium, nitrogen, osmium, oxygen, palladium, phosphorus, platinum, plutonium, polonium, potassium, praseodymium, protactinium, radium, rhenium, rhodium, rubidium, ruthenium, samarium, scandium, selenium, silicon, silver, sodium, strontium, sulfur, tantalum, tellurium, terbium, thallium, thorium, thulium, tin, titanium, uranium, vanadium, wolfram, yttrium, ytterbium, zinc and zirconium.

Muscle memory might be a good colloquialism for it.

So let's say this stuff has hurt me. Does that mean there's a possibility this "damage" will be passed on to my children?

Has it permanently "altered" my DNA in some way?

We have well water and agricultural runoff has ruined one well. Pesticides . Water reeks like hell. Also kills beneficial instects

What salt should one use then? Sea salt in large crystals?

Tedious algorithms are why calculators were invented and why teaching this method has vanished from most schools

>Yes, but you're describing it wrong. People who practice at an early age don't retain more, the pruning doesn't represent a loss of learning compacity.

Yes, they do retain more. They retain more neurons in areas they used prior to the pruning.

Brain dissections of proficient string-playing adolescents and children who died and those who learned strings after that age showed a much greater neural density in the motor regions related to string playing for those who did it at a young enough age.

The brain density cannot be replicated through practice later. If you miss building up your neural density prior to the major pruning episode around age 8 then you're out of luck

>It's essentially just a form of brain development
meaningless language

>a streamlining of the brain as it grows.
No, it shrinks. The major pruning episode causes a large permanent loss of brain cells.

Should I buy himalayan salt?

Unrefined sea salt from the Mediterranean or Himalayan pink salt

It should make it clear on the package that its a simple one step process of evaporation and thats it

i buy my salt in grinders so i grind it myself to put on food you cant really have course chunks of salt on most food its unpleasant

>What salt should one use then? Sea salt in large crystals?

Most of that greentext sounds like hoax-level materials. However, if the anti-caking agents are made with aluminum that's not good.

1) You don't rely on salt to get minerals. That's BS.

2) Excess sodium chloride is bad, and that includes pure sodium chloride. It's BS to imply that additives are what make it bad.

3) If you want to avoid anti-caking agents and get your iodine a cheap way is to consume seaweed. But it should be tested to avoid contamination with heavy metals and lead. And don't go crazy. Too much iodine isn't good either.

I won't cook with anything other than unrefined sea salt.
The crystals are nice and moist, the flavor is much nicer and it seasons quicker.
Table salt is disgusting shit.
>T.chef

Weabo faggot

>you must eat kelp, only eaten by nips

Yeah ok, meanwhile they are busy masturbating to cartoons instead of fucking. Much like yourself.

>himalayan salt?

Gimmicky salt is gimmicky.

Sodium chloride isn't magic. It's just salt. I wonder if there is a brand of salt that is iodized without an anti-caking agent. Being "synthetic" makes no difference as long as the iodine is in a molecule that the body can absorb — which is extremely likely. It's not like we're talking about iodine-containing plastic or something.

Post some sources because I'm finding nothing regarding a permanent loss in the ability to learn related to synaptic pruning, nor am I finding evidence that peak skill in a given area is associated with picking it up prior to age eight.

>>you must eat kelp, only eaten by nips

Kelp is the most efficient way to get iodine.

amazon.com/Brain-Research-Childhood-Education-Implications/dp/0871731541/ref=la_B001IOBO7K_1_5/164-9651711-4010113?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1472360388&sr=1-5

I eat organic vegetables, fruit, grain and nuts. I eat proper cheddar cheese from England or French cheeses. I eat eggs and fish. I eat red meat only once or twice a month.
I think the riskiest thing is the fish, due to possible heavy metals and mercury.
I'm 6.2 and weigh 94 kg.

Fellow soy allergy fag here. Your fucked man. Have fun eating and making everything from scratch. There are a few soy-free food companies. Your kids having it depends on your genes. It runs in my family. Have them tested, most baby food contains soy. Even the ones labelled hypoallergenic.

Have any recent academic journals related to the subject? This doesn't exactly help.

>mercury
>lead
>plutonium
>arsenic

k

thats cuz 98% of soybeans in USA are genetically modified

its not food its poison

your body is telling you to not consume poison

in baby amounts those things are actually good for you

I actually remember reading about this when I was a kid in a Scholastic Journal (you probably never heard of it iodine-deficient fucktard) and read about how kids with down syndrome were completely iodine-deficient.
This fag's a jew, don't listen to him!

Is Jew salt ok? They wouldn't poison themselves, right?

ehhh kosher salt is probably just unrefined mountain salt from an ordinary mine in the usa
it could be contaminated

better than table salt but i would definitely go with a higher tier salt

it's just a list of every element besides the gases

astastine?

hahaha

francium?

good luck finding any of that