Watchmen - Masterpiece cinema

Just how much information does the intro of Watchmen convey? Almost zero dialouge at all. Here is shot by shot.

-heroes arrests robbers
-Silk Spectre is one of those heroes, at this point we can guess it's late 30's early 40's by the costumes
-There are heroes ranging in personality, some cocky-looking
-These heroes are called Minutemen. We see them all in the frame at once and a date is given.
-Sociopolitical context, these heroes seem connected to the larger world
-World War 2 ends, one of the Minutemen is a lesbian
-One of the Minutemen is found dead
-Sally retires, frame implies conflict between her and the two men that surround her
-One of the Minutemen is put in asylum
-Lesbian Minuteman is now dead, "lesbian whores" implies hate crime
-Cold War setting, men visiting a prostitute, distraught ginger boy
-A blue otherworldy man is shaking hands with Kennedy
-The cocky Minuteman assassinates Kennedy
-Sally's conflict with husband is confirmed, little girl in the shadows, we are given a sense of time through the news events
-Two baddies captured for the police, Rorscach sign left
-Cuba Missile Crisis - The American social revolution, history turns more and more fictional
-Blue otherworldly man is on the moon. Implies great power.
- Famous man (hero?) takes his pictures before a party of men
-Another shot mirroring the Minutemen 1940. Here we see the new members of Minutemen
-Nixon elected for third term, story starts amidsts social unrest

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h24D87SqaLQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=h24D87SqaLQ

Reminder that Watchmen has a lower RT than Age of Ultron and Ghostbusters.

>TIMES THEY ARE ACHANGIN'

usual Snyder (lack of) subtlety

>hamfisting: the intro sequence

Where does Snyder imply the intent of subtlety?

It's so hamfisted you might as well have a star wars text sequence explaining everything.

What does hamfisted mean to you? Because it's not.

Snyder
>How much story can I tell through the visual medium alone?

Other capeshit
>DUDE EXPOSITION AND QUIPS LMAO

Fuck the Internet for what they've done to his legacy.

let me guess, for you no dialogue means brilliant execution yaddi yaddi yadda visual medium done right
you're garbage, dude, don't make the word masterpiece lose its meaning by tacking it on mindless shit

When I was 15 in 2009 I had a friend who was obsessed with this film. He was pretty dumb.

>don't make the word masterpiece lose its meaning by tacking it on mindless shit
Yeah, that's Snyder's job

Nice dodge. Keep spouting buzzwords you evidently have no fucking clue the meaning of. I bet you feel clever watching GoTG.

Snyder can tell whole stories through his intros while other capeshit feel like half stories despite having a run time of 2 hours. Maybe it's because they all exist as glorified commercials for the sequel. Boy am I at the edge of my seat when a villain gets away last second because they need him for the third sequel (looking at you Thor).

Alan Moore wasn't that subtle either.
>meanwhile in superhero land
>Detective: ROR.....SHARK?!? WHATEVER COULD THIS MEAN?!

Reminder that you're a fucking faggot for caring at all what RT has to say. Reminder that you're a faggot twice the size of the aforementioned faggot if you let any reviews or critics tell you what movies are good or bad.

Reminder that you're a whoreson for not realizing the post was mocking clueless critics.

Write a crawl for this.

Reminder that I wasn't calling that guy a faggot. I was also shitting on clueless critics and trying to give advice to the plebs around here who look to others to tell them how to think and what to enjoy.

It wasn't even like that. The detective got a call from someone tipping them on Rorschach being at Moloch's. He just went like "raw shark? why on earth would I want to know where to find... raw shark." Then in that pause he realized he misheard and immediately gets on it.

The intro is really good and the casting was pretty solid, Ozy could have bulked up some thought instead of looking like a twink. The changes to the story and some dialogue was pretty meh. It should have been Manhattan to tell Ozy 'nothing ever ends'.