ISRO successfully tests Scramjet engine

>Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully tests Scramjet engine, joins elite club.

>The rocket took off at 6 am today.

>The test was conducted at Satish Dhawan Space Centre early in the morning

>The Indian weather satellite launch was postponed to September 8

>The weather satellite will be mounted on to the rocket in 3-4 days

indianexpress.com/article/technology/science/isro-successfully-test-launches-scramjet-engine-from-sriharikota-3000016/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lEr9cPpuAx8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SABRE_(rocket_engine)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fastest shit in the far east

Well done India, I will refrain from poo jokes

I think the point of a scramjet is to make a spaceplane right? are you gonna put it on that crappy toy shuttle you built?

Glad to see it didn't crap out

When are you guys going to start testing toilet engines?

Oh good, now they can be the first to poo in loo on moon

pleb

a ramjet is a jet that doesn't have a compressor (the air is instead compressed by air pressure from forward movement, hence it needs to be moving at a high speed in the first place to work), and a scramjet is a ramjet where the air in the combustion chamber is moving at supersonic speeds
it's basically a glorified afterburner
not that specialized, could be used for something like a cruise missile or a recon plane or whatever

t. wikipedia

hahahaha le epiccc XDDDDDD

yes but the point is that it is taking oxidizer from the air, unlike normal rockets which carry their own oxidizer

could be used to save weight, but from that mini shuttle they tested some months age I think they will take the spaceplane route, and try to achieve an SSTO

damn. pakistan bringin the heat

You are literally the niggers of Asia.

>indians make better rocket engines than americans

youtube.com/watch?v=lEr9cPpuAx8

our rockets are still the best

you washed up has been

Fag

yeah, but my point was that that's just one use for it

as for the SSTO part, once you run out of air you're suddenly hauling a hell of a lot of dead weight that you shouldn't be
it just wouldn't be efficient and may not even be able to make it to orbit with any kind of payload
for an SSTO that's actually useful you really need some kind of dual-purpose engine like a SABRE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SABRE_(rocket_engine)
if you're using scramjets and you want a reusable engine you're better off trying to figure out a way to land your bottom stage safely, like what SpaceX is doing

>our rockets
>our

>post yfw the weather satellite predicts Poo Rain

>live for Scatish Dhawan Space Centre earlier that morning

Weapons of Mart Shartruction.

You are essentially India with Muslims. In every sense of the world I'd rather get pooed on than have to step foot in your shit hole country filled with goat fuckers.

What kind of fucked up country has a scramjet yet no indoor plumbing?

the kind of country with a gdp per capita of less than 5 thousand dollars.

>You are essentially India with Muslims
more like India with more muslims

What kind of fucked up country invites african firebeaters to put out a forest fire a month after it started?

>in space no one can hear you poo

Our GDP per capita is 1499 usd which is 100,500 INR, which is very sufficient to live an upper middle class life here.

Kek.

>India launches a Scatjet

>russia
>still stuck in the 80s
lol

>To compete with Shart-X

Congratulations India. Welcome to the 20th century.

come back once you reach the moon

>indians dont own this statement cuz theyre too traumatized from all the shit talk we throw at them

>inb4 shart in mart: i like this meme i sharted 2 months ago

>upper middle class life in india
>work 18 hours a day shuttling people to and from the designated shitting fields in a foot powered rickshaw

>work 18 hours a day shuttling people to and from the designated shitting fields in a foot powered rickshaw
That's labor class

Pajeet only wantes to go to the moon to shit on it

I don't understand what is to be proud of, stupid Indians are proud of shit they don't contribute to while being code monkeys can't write a straight line of code.