So the covenant was on a colonisation mission. Thousands of people waiting to start a new life...

So the covenant was on a colonisation mission. Thousands of people waiting to start a new life, all the equipment necessary to build a new world but was there any livestock? Was it expected the new world would have edible wildlife? Sure there will be stocks of food supplies on the ship but this will run out pretty fast, possibly embyros for animals but this all takes time to grow.

just turn off your brain bro

they've had terraforming tech since at least alien 2. im pretty sure this wouldnt be the first planet they've colonised

You do realise this is a prequel?

really? for what purpose?

The purpose of cashing in on a dress franchise

Dead franchise

They had an entire seedbank of genetic material and all the necessary equipment for growing things out of them. If you can make 10 cows artificially you could have a viable herd in under 5 years.

Would they have enough food to wait for 5 years?

>the protag wanted to build a cabin near the lake
were they really carrying enough water on the ship to terraform a lake? for what purpose anyway, just so she could build a cabin near it?
also if they carried tree egg cells in the ship it'd take at least 20 years until they'd be good to cut down

>Tree egg

Sure, the ship was massive. If they've got room for huge earth-moving equipment and all the necessary tools for building a colony they've got room for rations. They don't have to wake everyone up at once.

Trees have mega gametophytes which can be called "eggs" pretty accurately

Learn something new every day.

I have enough food for 5 years in my tiny house. I'm sure a space ship the size of that thing can have enough too.

Survivalist?

They had a "terraforming bay" on the ship that was mentioned a few times.

The ship was carrying wood. To make a cabin out of. The first thing we see when they land is a fuckton of trees.

It didn't matter what they brought, they were too stupid to survive anyway.

The planet in the movie isn't the planet they were planning to colonise though. I can't remember where they said it but something in the movie gave me the idea that their original target was icy, or at least cold.

Did you know you can't see trees on distant planets with telescopes? Strange but true.

It was smart of them to consider this and bring their own wood in case it didn't have trees, or only had plants that weren't suitable for building with.

no, just fat

It's the origin of the Xenomorph.

Pity they didn't bring any common sense

>implying meat is a good food source.

Better grow staple crops instead and live as a vegetarian for a couple of years. Meat takes too long and too much resources.

You can't build a world on a diet of leaves and semen, you need high-energy, high-protein diet for real men. And the "too much resources" argument is just veggie propaganda, humans can't eat most of what we feed to livestock and wouldn't want to eat the rest.

This. Terraforming would surely be hard work, you would neef more than carrots and quorn to survive that.

They had thousands of human embryos on the ship, I'm sure that they would have packed along quite a few livestock animal embryos along with them.
And everyone arguing about the trees and wood. I'm sure they brought along seeds for vegetation with them as well. Trees, vegetables, fruit, whatever they would need to make their new colony feel more like earth. If the planet had vegetation already, that's great, but i'm sure they aren't going to just replace everything on Earth with the new ones, they were going there to terraform.
Also, Daniels said they had enough wood in the storage area to build a cabin using saws and nails and simple tools. I would have assumed you guys didn't think she meant they would plant the trees, let them grown, THEN cut them and make the cabin.