If we sold California on the open market, how much do you think the US could get for it? And who would want it?

If we sold California on the open market, how much do you think the US could get for it? And who would want it?

Considering they want to part ways with us, and most of us want them out, I think we should get money for it

Attached: index.png (209x241, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

foxnews.com/us/2018/03/01/california-has-worst-quality-life-in-us-study-says.html
usnews.com/news/best-states
washingtonpost.com/news/made-by-history/wp/2017/10/30/blue-states-already-subsidize-red-states-now-red-states-want-even-more/?utm_term=.12d492fe28ee
cdn.sandiegouniontrib.com/news/documents/2012/07/28/323164_1d29welfare-1.pdf
politifact.com/california/article/2017/feb/14/does-california-give-more-it-gets-dc/
latimes.com/politics/la-pol-sac-jerry-brown-budget-trump-risks-20170110-story.html
wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_congressional_delegations_from_California
theatlantic.com/national/archive/2012/02/california-americas-least-favorite-state/331287/
bls.gov/data/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

China

Three fiddy

It is the most populous and biggest economy of your country
No amount of money would compensate the long-term loss of money

Attached: California.jpg (1800x1000, 229K)

finnish meme refinery

Yeah I'm sure I'll miss their far left politics, treasonous policies, and illegal immigrants running amok. You think its just people on the internet who hate Commieland, but read this

foxnews.com/us/2018/03/01/california-has-worst-quality-life-in-us-study-says.html

>foxnews
shutup

go read some cnn

and what proud state are you from fella?

>reading any msm
shutup

usnews.com/news/best-states

Here you go.

Kentucky

did you vote for trump? do you own a gun? do you fuck your cousins?

I'm a Commiefornian and I love Kentucky. Pls no bully.

I voted for Trump, I own 5 guns, and no I don't.

Stop taking my tax dollars, faggot. Then I won't bully you.

>Stop taking my tax dollars, faggot. Then I won't bully you.
washingtonpost.com/news/made-by-history/wp/2017/10/30/blue-states-already-subsidize-red-states-now-red-states-want-even-more/?utm_term=.12d492fe28ee
why do you hicks propagate such a blatant lie

cdn.sandiegouniontrib.com/news/documents/2012/07/28/323164_1d29welfare-1.pdf

Good job having 1/3 of the welfare cases in the United States. Go post in /lat/ if you want some mercy

how is that relevant when california taxpayers put more into the federal system than they receive

>Kentucky
Why are Dixiefags so obsessed with California? You post Cali hate threads every day and keep trying to push it as our new Sweden.

Attached: D25A5DED-2093-4601-ACE7-AFA7DF473D71.png (768x482, 170K)

Who do you thinks pays for California welfare? The welfare recipients? Get the fuck out of here.

Stupid fucking illiterate Spics.

if welfare wasn't federalized california would be more than able to pay those recipients on its own. they pay for theirs AND for southern states. what are you even complaining about. if you have a problem with welfare and paying higher taxes for government handouts look to your own backyard southern states. california is a net contributor

California gets $368 BILLION dollars from the Federal Government, plus it is filing for BK, which means all $1 trillion of the deficit will have to be forgiven by the Feds

That comes out of MY pocketbook, you stupid fuck.

politifact.com/california/article/2017/feb/14/does-california-give-more-it-gets-dc/
why are you getting angry over facts. you can look this shit up, it's not rocket science

latimes.com/politics/la-pol-sac-jerry-brown-budget-trump-risks-20170110-story.html

Here you go. Stop embarassing us on the international stage. It's pathetic.

wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/
in fact, your shithole of a state is the most dependent on federal funds. so do the rest of us a favor and off yourself and take as many kentuckian welfare queens with you

Why can't we get hate threads for other states like Texas or New York or Florida?

I'll give you 500 pesos

it's fake news type shit alt-righters circle around since california is such a powerful blue state

i know 1.6b looks like an enormous dollar amount to an irrelevent state like yours, but as you can see from the graph in the article it's nothing to the sixth largest global economy in the world

Attached: wowitsnothing.png (1400x786, 146K)

I will give you $20

>powerful

I get all my entertainment and living from the internet, none from the TV. What about that involves California?

politically moron

Why are SEETHING Southerners so obsessed with us, Calibros?

Who's president again? What about that involved California? Yeah, OUR president got there, not yours.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_congressional_delegations_from_California
california sends the most delegates to congress. it has the largest population and by far the largest economy. it absolutely is a powerful state. shut up already

Attached: 1510796376051.jpg (658x662, 41K)

Ok, not very helpful in the things that matter most, like president.

>how much
worth more than anyone would be willing to pay
>who would want it
no one

pretty awful thread if i'm honest

Russians were the first to colonize it, you can just give it back.
That'd be some shitfest

>Kentucky
please stop

>considering they want to part ways with us

Here's what I don't understand.
I visited the USA back in December, I was there for a month.

Everywhere I went I hear the same complaint:

Commiefornians moving in and ruining things, SPECIALLY IN TEXAS, AUSTIN/DALLAS.

Now, I'm wondering... why the fuck would a Californian move to the South, SPECIALLY TEXAS, if they hate it so much? Shit makes no sense to me. Texans didn't seem very happy about it either.

Explain

Since 1970, more than 5 million Californians have moved to Texas. Californians are super obsessed about the place for some reason, while most Texans have no idea where California is. Most of it is cost of living related, but a majority is politics driven since Texas is a sane place and California is basically North Korea with Mexicans

Cheaper to live.

absolutely SEETHING

Attached: 1519737135415.jpg (228x221, 22K)

Same issue with NYer's moving to Florida.

>Kentucky
>Dixie
fuck off y*nks

>selling off the largest population and economy in america
yeah no, california is a shithole but its a shithole that generates money so i'd rather keep it.

>while most Texans have no idea where California is

so texans are retarded?

>largest population

Mexican. Not productive members of society like Americans are

>economy

House of cards. Movie studios are already leaving Hollywood

Your president came from new york which is commiefornia 2.0

State welfare is paid for by the state. California still pays more to the feds then it receives back in aid that all states receive. The feds just get to distribute the money they collect from the states.

Stop being a retard you welfare hick.

That's not how it works, you idiot. Stay in your lane and talk about your own leftist shithole.

New York is infinitely more important

>while most Texans have no idea where California is
Your retarded

Silicon valley?

new york isnt even the top 2 states in GDP, you giagantic idiot

Are you retarded? If California gives back to the feds more then it receives who the fuck is paying for welfare? Californians you dumbshit. It’s that California has more generous welfare programs and has a big enough economy and spending to afford it. Meanwhile Kentucky still can’t get off the federal governments fat tits.

Why do Americans hate each other?

Well, when you see how much of a drag California is if you read Fox News, Breitbart, or even Sup Forums, you'll get it

>Those sources
Fucking lol

why would California be "sold to a different country"? it's the 7th or 8th largest economy in the world; the seat of Hollywood and Silicon Valley. Most countries wouldn't be able to digest it without radically changing their own national identity to become replaced by Califorian identity. It could just be its own country (with permission from the Washington DC).

Attached: 2016_GDP_comparison_by_country_or_US_state.png (6460x3455, 1.46M)

Not after the Feds with Southern backing tariff the shit out of California goods.

>taxing the fucking breadbasket of the country

Attached: 1509362845469.jpg (287x442, 107K)

Iowa? Kansas?

They don't. Most don't care. The Internet just amplifies retardation.

not as much as most other countries hate their own countrymen. our squabbles are just more visible on the world stage because our domestic politics are followed worldwide. There are a few, very ethnically homogeneous, and regionally undifferentiated countries in the world, that are more united than us; but most countries are much more divided than the US.

Attached: Global-stability-map.jpg (1200x649, 167K)

yah, and the rate of production drops off by at least 3-5%, not even counting the inclement weather like floods or tornadoes

Attached: 1495127348505.png (676x280, 20K)

i WILL buy it. how much pesos argentinos for california?

At least you don't have to teach the Commies a new language.

Give it to China please

I wonder how California would feel once they get all their handouts taken away. The place would literally crumble without the federal teat to suck on

what I'm saying is, it's not like the US buying the underpopulated wilderness of Alaska from Russia. You would be gaining the political domination of a recently foreign overlord; and you'd be paying for the privilege. Not a good deal.

did you ignore all the evidence handed to you that proves otherwise

It's actually because penis envy is huge online. People tend to be much more nationalistic (and whatever the state/regional equivalent is) on the internet. You can also see this with opinions of the US in general. Just going by the Internet you'd think the whole world and especially Europeans hate America, but in reality USA has 70%+ favorability in most of those countries.

The results would probably be similar if you polled US states for their opinions of other US states.

Attached: americapublicopinion.png (600x489, 50K)

because it's obvious b8.
>wow you should really read breitbart and fox news

theatlantic.com/national/archive/2012/02/california-americas-least-favorite-state/331287/

Sure.

California becoming Brazil 2.0 demographically and it will economically as more-and-more of the businesses in the tech and movie industries continue moving to Oregon, Washington, Texas, Georgia, and North Carolina.

>usnews.com/news/best-states
>1.Iowa
Stopped reading right there. Have you ever been to Iowa? Literally nothing of note. No major research centers, no cultural institutions, not even a fucking landmark to separate it from any other shithole in the Midwest. But at least the cardboard houses are cheap!

what is this meme

Silicon valley, SF, and even the east bay are all still gentrifying and have skyrocketing rent, its not dying at all

Pretty sure he is just trolling, since he just stopped replying.

Californians aren't moving to Hicksville shitholes like where OP lives, they're moving to places like Austin that have either large research universities or high tech industry ( one of the best engineering schools in the country is in Austin). Places like Austin have been democrat strongholds for years now, even before the Cali migration. Texans get triggered because it's slowly turning the state "blue."

Attached: 1481611772120.jpg (444x460, 126K)

100% China. Russia, Canada and Mexico too but China would out bid everyone else.

We're talking about California as whole. I believe Silicon Valley/Bay Area will always be a powerhouse in the tech industry to a varying degree, regardless of state economic policies, due to its proximity to Cal Berkley and Stanford.

ALL THE LEAVES ARE BROWN
[ALL THE LEAVES ARE BROWN]
AND THE SKY IS GRAY
[AND THE SKY IS GRAY]

Attached: 3E0DFBDE-058F-4A4D-9AE2-6EB093A67166.jpg (1200x798, 486K)

so is Austin a nice place to live?
what about Dallas?

Both nice. Austin's motto is "Keep Austin Weird." It's like a hot Portland.

That's why more Californians are moving to Houston and Dallas than Austin, right?

Californians are also invading Nevada, Arizona, Oregon, and Washington. Face it - you're the reason why the USA is a laughingstock

>Houston and Dallas
Of course, two massively conservative Republican cities. You have unmasked me as the fraud I am.

Attached: texas.png (487x562, 62K)

it's always irrelevant states that shit on California

CA is 32 overall, not the worst state by any means but also not the greatest

How can you take a list seriously when it puts North Dakota in the top 5?

Hopefully climate change destroys the Midwest and all those flyover fucks get CLIMATE'D

Are you implying there is anything wrong with North Dakota?

Have you?
Life is more than research, and culture is more than concerts

Attached: 1520018873638.png (254x265, 82K)

Both me.
Yes I've been to both. North Dakota consists of a series of strip malls that the government considers "towns", with the occasional Indian reservation and oil well boom "town". Iowa is more civilized, but it's no different than anything else in the cultural wasteland that is the Midwest.
You say "Life is more than research, and culture is more than concerts." If that's the case, what can be achieved in life in Iowa that can't be achieved in rural California? Have you ever been to California? Northen California? Central California? Anything north, east or south of LA? Bakersfield might as well be Iowa, it's a cultureless shithole full of farmland.

>Considering they want to part ways with us, and most of us want them out, I think we should get money for it
californian here, I can't fucking wait until cali leaves the UShitholeA

washington DC should be begging us to stay if anything

What farms are in California? What plains are in California?

Can't believe I fell for your bait. Here's your

bls.gov/data/

Year-over-year numeric job growth (December 2017)

+366,000 - California
+249,800 - Texas
+163,900 - Florida
+116,200 - New York
+89,800 - Washington
+86,300 - Pennsylvania
+69,900 - North Carolina
+65,300 - Georgia
+61,100 - Colorado
+58,500 - Arizona

+50,800 - Michigan
+46,900 - Utah
+45,800 - Oregon
+44,000 - Massachusetts
+43,400 - New Jersey
+43,000 - Illinois
+41,600 - Nevada
+38,600 - Minnesota
+34,800 - Tennessee
+33,200 - South Carolina

+32,200 - Ohio
+31,200 - Missouri
+28,100 - Oklahoma
+27,800 - Indiana
+25,200 - Idaho
+20,200 - Virginia
+19,900 - Wisconsin
+16,600 - Alabama
+13,100 - Mississippi
+11,800 - Iowa

+10,800 - Kentucky
+9,300 - Hawaii
+7,800 - New Mexico
+7,500 - Rhode Island
+7,100 - Montana
+7,000 - Kansas
+6,600 - Nebraska
+6,200 - New Hampshire
+6,100 - Arkansas
+5,300 - Connecticut

+5,200 - West Virginia
+5,100 - Louisiana
+5,000 - South Dakota
+3,400 - Maine
+3,100 - Wyoming
+2,200 - Maryland
+1,300 - Delaware
-100 - Vermont
-4,400 - Alaska
-4,600 - North Dakota

California has way more job growth than any other state though?

A per-capita list would be better. This might as well be a population list.

Year-over-year percent job growth (December 2017)

+3.6% - Idaho
+3.2% - Nevada
+3.2% - Utah
+2.7% - Washington
+2.5% - Oregon
+2.3% - Colorado
+2.2% - California
+2.1% - Arizona
+2.1% - Texas
+1.9% - Florida

+1.7% - Oklahoma
+1.6% - North Carolina
+1.6% - South Carolina
+1.5% - Georgia
+1.5% - Montana
+1.5% - Pennsylvania
+1.5% - Rhode Island
+1.4% - Hawaii
+1.3% - Minnesota
+1.2% - Massachusetts

+1.2% - Michigan
+1.2% - New York
+1.2% - South Dakota
+1.2% - Tennessee
+1.1% - Mississippi
+1.1% - Missouri
+1.1% - New Jersey
+1.1% - Wyoming
+0.9% - Indiana
+0.9% - New Hampshire

+0.9% - New Mexico
+0.8% - Alabama
+0.8% - Iowa
+0.7% - Illinois
+0.7% - Nebraska
+0.7% - West Virginia
+0.7% - Wisconsin
+0.6% - Kentucky
+0.6% - Ohio
+0.5% - Arkansas

+0.5% - Kansas
+0.5% - Maine
+0.5% - Virginia
+0.3% - Connecticut
+0.3% - Delaware
+0.3% - Louisiana
+0.1% - Maryland
-0.0% - Vermont
-1.1% - North Dakota
-1.3% - Alaska

Most of those jobs go to Mexicans. Pass.

What's up with Idaho? Have they discovered how to harness the power of irrelevancy?

>I've been to both
Obviously not if you think the only things in both are "cultureless shitholes full of farmland," strip malls, and reservations
>If that's the case, what can be achieved in life in Iowa that can't be achieved in rural California?
I wouldn't know because I haven't been to rural California, though if I had to guess neither research centers nor concerts have much to do with either to begin with
Though if you resemble anything akin to the average Californian, Iowans certainly live more peaceful and virtuous lives

What the do you think all those wagon trains were going to?
The Central Valley in California is some of the best farmland in the US

Attached: Theodore Roosevelt National Park, North Dakota.jpg (700x438, 71K)

Because wypipo are too lazy or methed out to do any work.