Edgy military jargon

What are some military terms that sound cool and threatening?

My favorite is "terminate with extreme prejudice" though I don't know what it means exactly

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Cell
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hunter-kill

black op

blitzkrieg

Splash.

When a massive explosion happens, the targets are decimated and torn apart, the only thing you hear over comms through a black and white camera is a man unemotionally saying "splash".

CONTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACT!!

"SHARP training"

Lol, I'm in a laundromat.

WEAPONS HOT!
FOX (insert number here)!
CON SONAR!
LIGHT 'EM UP!

>with extreme prejudice

I always thought that was awkward as fuck and just an writer's attempt to sound tough without knowing military terms. Always liked 'blacksite' and 'theatre of operations' though.

Lock and load has worn out its edge with overuse

100% company UA

Shot fired

Basically anything that is repeated three times

The US military has a long list of of euphemisms for 'kill' they've worked through.
It's like they're afraid people will realize they kill people for a living.
I think the current euphemism is "reduce" the target. Before that is was "neutralize".

"Mac! Get the comm up on the hook!"

Aren't all those meme words created by movies and screenwriters?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Cell

No, those are real things the real US military used. The only errors screenwriters typically make is using the wrong euphemism for a particular time period.

Terminate with extreme prejudice just means that the mission is the only thing that matters, even if completing it means killing innocent civilians and such.

"ESCALATE AREA DENIAL"

TARGET RICH ENVIRONMENT

Splash really means round impact. Real BDA report follows rounds complete.

>It's like they're afraid people will realize they kill people for a living.
I'd imagine encoraging some level of detachment is probably better for morale. They're not maliciously murdering people for fun, it's a combat action sanctioned by the highest level of your organization (hopefully).

Lazing the target

I think they pick up those words from writing official reports for people upstairs and the media.

True. They are professionals. After action reports can't say "greased a dozen towelheads."

Yeah they dont like that shit, looks bad when jag reviews it. We got chewed out for saying "we iced that motherfucker"

Is it true that special ops refer to enemy combatants as "players" in radio as shown in Proof of Life?

And is enemy combatant a general term or a special term?

>You misunderstand me sir
>We used a freeze gun to stop a man from sexually assaulting his own mother!
>Official vocab guidelines state that the proper phrase is "We took Francis out for iced cream."
>O-oh, sorry.

COMPROMISED TO A PERMANENT END

No, Proof of Life is contractors or PMC guys. We used to say Military aged males.