What is the CotCK of cinema?

If you say Citizen Kane I will kill myself.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/chart/top
youtube.com/watch?v=xUHQ2ybTejU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is this a JoJo reference?

Star Wars

C i T i Z e N K a N e
M u H N i G g A

but this album is good

Buffalo 66.

Lord of the Rings Return of the King

Unironically

No

the good the bad and the ugly

Children of Men

The Night of the Hunter or Freaks.

Just because the song is used in the film?

Excalibur.

Excalibur

Eyes Wide Shut

Citizen kane

BARRY LYNDON

Anything incredibly overrated and most importantly reddit tier.

Uncle Buck

BATMAN vs SUPERMAN

Get a load of this pleb!

What is the Rustler's Quarter Pounder with Cheese of cinema?

LotR Fellowship of the Ring

More like Sup Forumscore that was stolen by Reddit tier

Patrician confirmed

What is the Remain in Light of cinema?

Memento

Spiderman Homecoming

One of the most overrated albuns of all time.

King Crimson have 3-5 albuns way better than this, so it would be Godfather

THE WAAAAALL
ON WHICH THE PROOOPHETS WROTE
IS CRACKIIIIIIING AT THE SEAMS

>revolutionary
>majority is mediocre
>the good stuff is really good
>almost everything the artist makes afterwards is better

But Citizen Kane is the ITCOTCK of movies.

pleb

CAT'S
FOOT

CITIZEN KANE

somewhat overrated but still quite decent jazz rock?

imdb.com/chart/top

anything on here

another pleb. jesus christ. you guys should know that the debut album by the King Crimson heralded the golden age of progressive-rock. The magniloquent, symphonic sound of Ian McDonald's mellotron enrolled them in the neo-classical movement of Nice, Moody Blues and Procol Harum, but the psychedelic overtones, the medieval visions, the gothic atmosphere and the romantic pathos of the title-track and Epitaph set them clearly apart. What guitarist Robert Fripp and bassist Greg Lake penned were majestic ballads, not transcriptions of classical music. Moonchild was an abstract, futuristic poem in which the melody was less important than the soundscape, and the violent, syncopated, distorted jam of 21st Century Schizoid Man invented a new way to put neurosis into music.

>King Crimson have 3-5 albuns way better than this
More like almost entirety of their discography. They only got better with time, ITotCK is their 2nd worst album after Beat, and it's not even a bad album.

Clockwork Orange

hello scruffles

Beat and 3 of a Perfect Pair are trash. Then ITCOTCK.

First half of Perfect pair is pretty lame, but it has Larks pt3 and Industry on it, which are among the best songs they made.
Fucking hell, one of my biggest regrets in life is not being able to see this band live during double trio era.

Paths of Glory desu

i don't think i've ever disagreed with a post more than this one

god shut the fuck up

the masterpiece of an overall failed genre

Blow me, faggot.

>overall failed genre

thanks

>mfw that song first hits
Really suits the movie

don't deny it

>overall failed genre

What movie?

I'm NOT swallowing that b8.

No, I'm serious.

What's the LoRaH of Sup Forums
>fucking edgy but good
>distorted to the point of being hurtful but not noise
>great use of electronics

Brawl Squad

Sounds like a Refn film, one of his later ones.

forced

meme

Sadly, cinema can never match the grandeur of music. This is because music stimulates the creative parts of the mind, aiding the listener in creating worlds vaster than any camera could ever encapsulate. Cinema will always be a limited medium, since the worlds it presents are by necessity streamlined, as opposed to the free-flowing worlds of music, and as such, no movie will ever be as evocative and apocalyptic as ITCOTCK.

This is also why cinema is a lesser art form than music.

Sums it up for me

b8

good post

Deny it all you want, but you know in your bones that I'm correct. This is why your mom would chase you outside when you watched too much TV, but she would never throw you out for listening to too much Bach. Humans have an instinctive understanding of the healthiness of music. This is also why all cultures in history have music, while only decadent and decaying cultures have cinema.

Pulp Fiction.

I know it in my bones that you need to watch more films.

But what about musicals?

or any movie with a soundtrack really
film includes music, making it a superior art form

>A medium that is dominated by teenagers and women as an excuse to make a quick buck with minimal effort is better than an established art form that requires actual work and effort.
Really tickles my pickle

Books are objectively better better than music.

what is the dark knight rises of scaruffi core?

If I build a table, then put a copy of the Mona Lisa on top of it, is my carpentry superior to Da Vinci's paintings because it incorporates both? Truth is, cinema fundamentally needs music to be evocative and emotionally resonant. Music doesn't need cinema; it's brilliant as it is. Cinema has to use music, a superior art form, as a crutch to simply approach the levels of divinity that music effortlessly reaches without any support from other art forms.

Kek, nice bait. Everyone knows music is trash. There has never been a song made that was not literally the worst song ever made. The bar was set infinitely low yet songwriters keep going lower with every release. The fans are even worse though, if you listen or pay money for albums you literally need to be rounded up and killed, your family and anyone you know as well for tolerating such abhorrent behavior.

>A medium that is dominated by capeshit and worn-out franchises as an excuse to make a quick buck with minimal effort is better than an established art form that requires actual work and effort.

Really gets my noggin' joggin'.

>cinema fundamentally needs music to be evocative and emotionally resonant.
But silent film doesn't need music. And some of the best scenes ever made lack music.

checked and agreed

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

The difference is, capeshit and worn-out franchises are generally hated, while shit spanish songs and pop music is praised by everyone. Also
>Music
>""""""""""""effort""""""""""""
Kek

shut the fuck up idiot

What the fuck are you doing on a film board then? faggot.

This is a respectable opinion, though I disagree. Art forms can be objectively measured against one another in two groups, high art and low art, but within those groups, subjectivity defines superiority.

The groups are as follows:

High art:
>music
>literature
>painting
>sculpting
>architecture
>theater

Low art:
>cinema
>animation
>cartoons
>television
>comics

Not art:
>video games

Those groups are objective in terms of quality, but whichever you prefer within a group is up to you. My order is:

Music > Literature > Architecture > Painting > Theater > Sculpting >> Cinema > Animation > Television > Comics > Cartoons >> Video Games

>The difference is, capeshit and worn-out franchises are generally hated

Then why do they rake in billions of dollars annually?

What the fuck are you doing on Sup Forums, then? Go back to your containment board.

Normies will still go to see capeshit, people who actually like film will hate them. This isn't the case for music, though.

>B-But they're not real cinema fans.

Because I still enjoy cinema. I simply have a realistic perspective on its merits as an art form. I also like hamburgers, though I would never say they are superior to steaks.

What do you "get" out of your music and high art exactly, disregarding literature.

>>Music
>>""""""""""""effort""""""""""""

youtube.com/watch?v=xUHQ2ybTejU

>B-But I press record while people are in front of my camera.

But music is objectively the worst art form, mass produced and incredibly dull. Even the "classics" are mediocre at best. I guess it's fun for nostalgia trips but as an art form, film is objectively superior.

Words fail to describe the majesty of music, however, if you want a film that attempts to encapsulate it in a cinematic language, watch Amadeus.

Does it require a team of people that spend years to make a single product? No, it doesn't. Some teenager in his garage can do the same thing as a "professional" songwriter.

I have never listened to this band but I hate this album cover. I hate how it looks and I feel mildly irritated every time I see it posted on Sup Forums.

Anybody else?

>But music is objectively the worst art form
>The one single art form that crosses the barriers of all cultures and even gives them their own identity
>objectively the worst art form

Paintings and books do the same thing, but a hundred times better.

What's the Merzbow of films

It's overrated as hell, look up tantric orgasms if you want a majestic experience or insight.

It took hundreds of people to make the latest Fast And The Furious movie, but only one man to write The Count Of Monte Cristo. Your logic is incredibly flawed, or rather, it's entirely in reverse. If an art form is so pure that a single individual can create a masterpiece from nothing but their own creativity and mastery, then it is superior to something that requires tons of compromise from making ends meet with massive crews and studio meddling, which do nothing but halt the creative process.

That's fair, since they are both high art forms, though I disagree. If paintings lift your soul the same way music lifts mine, who am I to argue?