What the fuck happened to real art and architecture, holy shit. people don't even give a fuck anymore, pretty sad

what the fuck happened to real art and architecture, holy shit. people don't even give a fuck anymore, pretty sad.

maybe we deserve hillary to just end it all, fuck this world.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AdabPy6xQ8A
youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When society decided that STEM was more important than art and literature. Trust me, western civilization is in rapid decline.

Literally jews

art and architecture are gay
i think that Right parties voters should know that

There aren't a lot of people capable of creating OP's pic. There aren't a lot of people capable of developing the required talent either. Hence, modern art.

>instead of being one of the people of greatness he worships, he posts on Sup Forums in self loathing

It starts this, what effort are you putting into preserving this art form you love so much?
Nothing, nothing but posting on the Internet.

Nice post.

I've always wondered, what would romantic depictions of modern society look like? If someone where to try to make an image like that but with modern scenarios, would it looks as good or would it just seem too over the top?

That's not true. The social and economic landscape has just changed. The artists and poets used to be groomed. A strong emphasis on imitating classical styles was enforced. Now art is just a shit show. It's a free for all with no discipline. Humans haven't changed.

People like to live in ugly houses,live on ugly streets,go to work in buildings that look like a giant meal box.
???
If we didn't we wouldn't accept it.

Its probably still around. I don't see why there wouldn't be any master painters today that made such beautiful paintings.

>Most ancient artists were also well versed in what was considered STEM at the time
>Many talented modern engineers and scientists are accomplished musicians and artists
>Most of the shit art/architecture is made by "pure artists"

Try again.

Doesn't feel possible to romanticize consumerism.

modern architecture is beautiful and more practical

But it is. Its just that today's consumerism has become stale and heartless. We no longer imagine material good as things that improve our lives but as things we absolutely need.

You didn't really disprove anything I said you just said what you wanted to say.

Nothing, you just have to be rich to enjoy it.

oh shit

BTFO
T
F
O

>muh colosseum
shit. the only thing impressive about it is that's it's old and that it was built by a more primitive man.

'Real art' used to be made from wealthy people or groups commissioning it, but even now the wealthy are getting conned.

I forgot about Sup Forums's new breed of posters alt right gay nu males that Milo brought in masses
alt right faggots are modern SJWs

This. Architect here. We romanticize ancient work and feel like it was the way everyone experienced the buildings. As if it was accessible to everyone.
Western architecture is now an exaggerated form of Rome and they'd be blown away by our competence and logistics in building.

Sadly art and architecture have turned into objectified entities. They stand merely as symbols of the act rather than symbols of culture.
In the words of Million Dollar Extreme, "good art has already been made" so we need to make something new but built on our history.

you fucking idiots it's all about the economy. patronage doesn't fucking work like it used it. no one gives a shit about art anymore, so artists aren't going to perform the same. also instead of imitating classics, everyone wants to do something "original" which is why you get modern art.

>he enjoys shitty low and square ceilings

stay pleb my friend

Triple trips in this thread.
Summon KEK!

painting is an old medium displaced by the camera. oil paintings aren't used for anything but money laundering anymore

youtube.com/watch?v=AdabPy6xQ8A
this is what contemporary art looks like

>implying you've ever been into an office of a building that wasn't made decades ago

why dont the alt-right movement set up a found or a scholarship or something to MAKE ART GREAT AGAIN ?

you expect this group of NEETs to pool money for anything?

>paintings with every amount of detail that took years of hard work to put in a scale of hundred inches of canvass are on par with ink splattered around a white sheet made from obnoxious spurts of ass-farts

these are both WTC btw

Some of them are rich, like Milo supposedly. And maybe if we sent a mail to Gavin he would support it. And he could get more people interested and so on.

Lets start Operation Make Art Great Again !!

Record labels are the modern equivalent of art patrons, for music, except they're just out for making $ instead of just bragging rights. Which I guess isn't very different.

The big labels front all the money for the musicians to record with and live on while they're recording.

kill me

There's already an effort to make art great again.
artrenewal.org

>painting is an old medium displaced by the camera
this fucking meme again

The majority of modern architecture stems from a little school called Bauhaus in Europe. The Bauhaus school put emphasis on minimalism, and was a post-modern design philosophy; design influenced by anything from the past was taboo.

For inexplicable reasons, Bauhaus took hold in the 60s and 70s, replacing the more energetic and beautiful Googie architecture, and before that, stuff by people like Louis Sullivan.

tl-dl; po-mo worshipping Germans killed contemporary architecture.

t. art graduate

>inexplicable reasons

: ^ )

Uh, yes I did. you're just too convinced of "evil STEM" or too stupid to realize it. the STEM push clearly hasn't worked in your favor

In sny case, you didn't really say anything either.

>OP asks what
>You answer with a when

you're kidding right now? for someone supposedly mourning the loss of the arts you're pretty shit at debate.

It's all going to end no matter what. AI will destroy the world in the next 15 years and thank god for it

Im an artist. Ill fucking aave us all. Watch out for a stunning new animation technique in computer games.

Ill be on kikesharter soon. You'll know it's me because it will be GORGEOUS, plus I'll shill myself at least once.

>: ^ )

What exactly do you mean by this?

>tfw the only people making art you appreciate nowadays are slavs

Art is now a rejection of art. There is no greater
purpose, ideal, or direction of art, it merely exists.

it's not a meme. it's the god damn truth. you can preserve your image in perfect detail in a mere second. that's the biggest reason rich people payed for artists to paint.

the other reason was to capture historical events, which is also better done with a camera

Beauty is dead

welcome to the future

nothing but lust and greed

Its kind of funny how it completely opposes the usual idealist views of your average liberal arts major.

Dubs means blessing of Kek. I will be looking for you.

I too am improving in my technique to bring back some beauty, but it's hard not to rush it considering all that's been happening...

Then again, that's why they used to say: Festina lente

You didn't say shit and you're still saying nothing.

>im an artist because i take pictures with my cellphone

fuck off cancerfag

>you will never cashier youself after the loss of your monarch to gommies

There's millions and millions of people on Earth capable of OP's image. I can you and people like you have no taste because you think this bland paint-by-numbers bullshit is high art.

You quote me saying "evil STEM," yet I never said it. Maybe you can write some code to 3D print yourself some new glasses.

Christianity and the shit art it brought with it happened. Along with it's enabling of cuckoldry and degeneracy.

That actually looks pretty cool, but it doesn't exactly seem very romantic. The people in it arent living a scene that seems good. If anything it makes the whole system seem kind of pointless.

THIS

Read Culture Of Critique.

"Art is now a rejection of art."

This. This is it.

Mods close the thread. We're done here.

>I've always wondered, what would romantic depictions of modern society look like?

Pictures promoting multiculturalism. I'm not even fucking kidding. The only reason people buy into it is because it's romanticized. Everything else unique about modern society is seen as an unhappy reality (besides sex and drugs).

It's partially why people push so hard for it. Its the only thing people look forward to unless they turn back the clock and start taking a look at their rich past, which has been demonized by leftist academia for them social brownie points.

We're in a weird awkward phase between futuristic bliss and old world magic, trust me the future will be grand and aesthetic

>best short video I've see on subject:

youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc

There aren't many people who can do a backflip and land on a beam, but we still send the few who can to the Olympics

You're an imbecile and are intentionally avoiding his point. Die.

>86859338

>whole system is kind of pointless

That's because the whole system IS pointless today. The organizations and institutions and beliefs that have made up society are crumbling and being eaten away; just look at Christianity in Europe, the family unit, homogeneous culture, and the concept of the nation-state itself. Everything that was once strongly defined and formed the backbone of the 'system' are turning into gray, undefined noise, and society fragments and hyper-individualism (and consumerism) rules. Western society today has no higher ideals, no direction or purpose, much like the art that is produced today.

I hope that one day we can return to beauty and ideals, whatever they may be. Anything to end what we have now.

You know, i would agree with you if the vision of multiculturalism wasn't getting unraveled in front of us. I think we are about to enter a fresh new age where we will long to the past homogenous cultures of the past. Any artist could take advantage of this by reviving romanticism.

>tfw denied admission to art school

homogeneous cultures of the past*

BFA or MFA? If Bachelor’s, how is that even possible?

they're biased against Austrian war veterans

>we wuz artists n sheit!

lol

Saved, thanks, user

>what if said artist
won an Iron cross?

that looks terrible desu.
thats hilter. I thought he was barred from the academy, not college.

what makes me so mad about the whole thing is there is actually contemporaneity artists that make really good stuff, but they don't get attenation from the magzines and the mususiiams

>We BE Atizts

masters of MEMEs

>be engineer, draw the bests plans,
other stuff on spare time

>no hay porque
que Bueno que alguien lo vio, comparte

Worth Watching, just 5 minutes

One reason is because people can't live from art anymore. In the past artists were paid by the rich so they could just draw their entire life. Some paintings took many years to finish.

Another reason is photography. People nowadays are less interested in detailed drawing as you can just make a photo of something (+ instagram filter).

However, if you search deeply there are still some passionate and talented paintists.

>millions and millions
No
Like 1000 maybe

Many people do live from art though, probably more than ever before.

Indeed. Also checked the channel briefly and watched the "Who killed the Liberal Arts?" video, also short and totally worthy.

Y sí, los compartí!

Sorry I was aggressively shit posting everywhere.

I hope we cross paths, I'll be the guy using wireframe puppets with vector membrane overlays to simulate paint and really bring out human skin.

My first project will have a focus engine that blurs objects out of the line of sight like natural vision.

It's a witch game. Hope you're into that stuff.

No one makes wonders any more because they aren't cost effective. You could argue that building the tallest building is a wonder, but once you build it your record will get broken in no time.

close count call.
>One reason is because people can't live from art anymore. I
but this is bullshit, those modern 'artists' sell their crap for millions of dollars

That's some Hitler tier depth perception. Shame, because it's gorgeous otherwise.

It's ok, this is a taiwanese frog-posting board after all, kek

That sounds interesting, user. Have you checked Manuel Bastioni's work on blender? His latest contribution to a plugin he's developing uses nodes to procedurally generate skin shader. About paint simulation, and also the blur stuff, you could be interested in Processing (there are some cool stuff done on openprocessing.org).

I've been slowly learning blender since I can't really afford the Maya license anymore, and I don't want to rat them; I intend to use perlin-noise based flow to simulate painting based on my renders as well, but the possibilities are too many and the progress is slow, and I still can't find a defining and pleasing aesthetic quality that could be unique to my work. Matter of keep going I guess.

I think games can be good regardless of the theme, but focused on good aesthetics and great gameplay, so I'll judge by that. Regardless of this, the use of art on audiovisual and interactive media is great as I consider it to be akin to what Wagner (and after him, Pessoa) called "Gesamkumstwerk" (something like that), or total work of art, which is to where we should aspire to bring back beauty and strike the hearts of those who witness it.

Anyway, I'm off to bed, but will keep thread to check tomorrow. I'll be looking forward to see stuff from you soon. Cheers.

The vision of multiculturalism was a comforting veil to hide it's chaotic realities. People don't want multiculturalism anymore, and so I don't think it's going anywhere. Besides the only place that multiculturalism is happening is in the West, and after it fails the world will never support it for a thousand years.

I think you're right about the romanticism of homogenous cultures, because people will look and think how wonderful it must have been to live in a town full of people just like you.

That may also help trigger people actually pushing for homogenous societies over the multiculturalist crap