So what's the Sup Forums verdict on this? Is it good, or Reddit?

So what's the Sup Forums verdict on this? Is it good, or Reddit?

This is one of the most well-composed movies I have ever seen. Even if you don't like the tone & message it's very much worth seeing once. I don't know whether the film is reddit, but OP sure is

It's a film for the sort of person who takes pride in being lonely.

Why do you think that? The entire message of the movie is that it's worth being a relationship even if you know bad things might happened, and it could end badly.

>Even if you don't like the tone & message

What message is it? Other than dude love lmao.

I don't buy it. The end of the film has the moral of saying he's happier not remembering it.

How are you getting that? The movie itself tells you opposite of that. Halfway through, Joel realizes he's making a mistake and the plot becomes a journey of him trying to hold onto those memories. There's also that B-plot about Kirsten Dunst finding out about her past and being horrified. After Joel's memory gets erased, he meets Clem again, finds out their history, and decides he doesn't care (much quicker than Clem does) about the tapes and wants to try again, regardless of what will happen.

Only because he suddenly remembered the good times. Which weren't worth the bad times, clearly.

>Which weren't worth the bad times, clearly.
Except he specifically says they are at the end of the movie when he decides he doesn't care if the same thing happens again. The movie is about Joel realizing that, good or bad, those memories are part of his life, and he shouldn't have tried to run away from them. Because life is never going to be perfect and you have to learn to accept that if you want any kind of happiness. That's why the movie ends with Clem trying to stop a new relationship with him, and Joel telling her it's okay if things go to shit, because good things will happen, too.

Are you really such a misanthrope that you completely ignored the point of the movie?

both

>Misanthrope

Cool buzzword. That's not the point of the film. It's clear by the end that he has just forgotten the misery it gave him which is why he tries again. If he had the memories he wouldn't have.

Reddit means bad

Oh sorry, I did not know this.

I'm new here!

No offense!

>ultra liberal Jim Carrey
>blue haired chick
>written by Charlie Kauffman

you can see reddit written all over it from the moon

I'm going to farm you, is that alright?

It's pseud garbage and one of the worst movies Carrey has ever been in.
Every person I've met who claimed to enjoy it has been an insufferable cunt.

Literally the conflict of the movie is him realizing he doesn't want to forget

context user
there was no reddit back then
the film isn't political
it's just a love story with a twist

I can never see the thumbnail of this image without immediately thinking of Scott Pilgrim vs The World

No, it's him being manipulated emotionally by seeing the good times.

It's mostly poorly written

nah it's just you projecting your biases onto those who do

makes me cry to this day, i don't know why.

relationships, happiness, life is really fragile and fleeting. the ending scene is a killer

Is it positive though? are all relationships just futile?

you need to go back

>Implying anyone here knows about relationships

This movie is brilliant. I think it's biggest triumph is how grounded and relatable a lot of the writing is - particularly at the end as Joel and Clem say their goodbyes.

The part where the house falls down is pretty rough.

That's a unique perspective but certainly not one the original script tried to portray.

He learns that even with pain, the memories are worth keeping. Hence them spending about 45 minutes of screen time trying to escape the deletion.

I'm curious about your opinion though. What makes you see what you saw?

>Charlie Kaufman is a weirdo who is terrible with women
>Writes one of the best romantic films ever made

How?

whoaa sorry im discussing my emotional reaction to a film
sorry, back to Sup Forums

BOBBY BARATHEON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Better

Was she supposed to be an awful person?

She's a manic pixie girl

High kino when you watch it immediately after a breakup while drinking whiskey.

>ywn know what love is like

Seems a bit shit from what I've seen

Kaufman is overrated

so does anybody understand what the fuck the point of it is?

Love sucks but not having any is worse

It showed that Jim Carrey is a fantastic actor, and the fact that at the age 55 he cant get roles in serious movies anymore says everything about the movie industry. In the 90's Jim Carrey was god

really makes you want to fucking kill yourself

I get my love life through watching it on a screen.

You have to go back.

I don't have to do shit faggot

It's more tumblr than anything, but at least it's good.

I'm also a huge sucker for Michel Gondry.

Also is Science of Sleep any good?