Anybody else here who still hasn't watched Game of Thrones...

Anybody else here who still hasn't watched Game of Thrones? I feel like I'm the only one left on this board who hasn't seen it and has no interest in watching it.

I was like you until I began watching. First season is a bit boring but Seasons 2-5 are masterpieces. YES even Season 5 is fucking golden. 6 and 7's pacing is terrible and everything is too rushed

I don't even see the point of watching it at this point. I already know half the spoilers on the show because of how much Game of Thrones spam has been flooding the internet the past few years. I've also heard the show starts out good but gets worse and worse as it goes on, and I don't even like the fantasy genre to begin with.

>even season 5 is fucking golden

>Butchering Jaime's arc
>Butchering Stannis' character
>Butchering the entire Dorne plotline
>Butchering Sansa's plotline
>Killing Barristan for no good reason
>fucking golden

>season 5
>good
GoT stopped being great after Season 3.
Season 4 was "Well this is still really good, but the 4th book was the weak one anyways)
Season 5 was really worrying and then it dropped hard from there

>and I don't even like the fantasy genre to begin with.
Season 1 doesn't have any fantasy from what I remember. Is very political about Lannisters, Baratheons and Starks.

Also if you know how Jon Snow's real father was Rhaegar (Daenerys's brother) then it be cool watching the show as you try to spot the moments we may be given the hints to this.

>Season 4 was "Well this is still really good, but the 4th book was the weak one anyways)

Season 4 isn't even based on the 4th book. S3-4 are both based on Storm of Swords, which is objectively the best book in the series.

its just edgy as fuck villains plotting shit against other villains edgefest
normies relate to GoT coz they finally see a piece of shit equal to themselves on screen
also avoid marvels defenders like cancer. both are dogshit

normies/redditors are a vocal minority on this board. there are still plenty of people here than don't watch normie garbage like Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Rick and Morty, etc.

>Storm of Swords, which is objectively the best book in the series.
Yes this is true
But Jamie's plot in AFFC is the best of any the books
Too bad that D&D didn't recognize that

havent seen it. dont care to see it. hope it goes away soon.

>>Butchering Jaime's arc
He goes to try and get back his daughter and there was a nice scene with him and Brienne. Well I am sure him giving Brienne Oathkeeper was in Season 5.

Yeah, he goes back to Cersei to want to have sex but then come on she is the ONLY woman he's ever loved so this makes sense after his long journey (although the rape scene I guess is out of character and perhaps they should have just had him go more on a rage for considering Cersei to be a cruel woman but then I guess Jaime still has some dark disturbed thoughts inside of him due to him hiding the truth about what happened with him and The Mad King before he killed him as well as his son Joffrey just dying so I guess you could say the rape scene made sense in a very bizarre way if the dialogue was better in places).

Season 5 has many great underrated bits like the Sons of the Harpy which I hated how they were all killed off in next season when we should have learnt more about them even if the book doesn't tell you much.

Bronn and Tyene were very cute together and I don't understand people thinking the dialogue between her and him was cringeworthy. She is meant to be this wild sexual girl so it made sense.

Jorrah trying to win the heart of Dany was really well done and his character was great that season.

YES Season 5 is probably my second favorite season after Season 3 because there is a lot of underrated stuff.

oh you didn't see a popular tv show man you're so fucking cool how can i be more like you

You are missing out on one of the best shows that will always be remembered

Does Season 5 have that scene where Jaime is reading the Lord Commander's book and then unlike the books where Jaime realizes that his page is empty, Cersei comes in and throws the book to the floor so they can very nearly literally fuck on his legacy?

best doctor

Not a normalfag so i was never really interested in it.

Forget that
I mean, it's absolutely 100% terrible, but D&D topped it with Stannis voluntarily burning Shireen.
That goes so far above and beyond D&D's normal hackery.
Stannis "There will be no burnings. Pray harder" Baratheon burning his own daughter, the daughter who he wants to make queen should he die, is absolutely the most ridiculous thing the show has ever pulled.

And D&D had the gall to blame it on Gurm

>doesn't have any fantasy
>literally the opening scene is zombie snow wizards

D&D have never understood Stannis as a character and they've openly stated they hate him. So I wasn't surprised when they fucked him over so badly.

GRRM isn't a genius or anything but he's leagues above the hack frauds that D&D are.

>literally the opening scene is zombie snow wizards
No one believes in the white walkers much in season 1 until later on

You're better off spending all that time doing something better

And the second scene is direwolves.

And the last scene is dragons

>Season 1 doesn't have any fantasy from what I remember

Opens by revealing the white walkers and ends up Drogo being turned into a magical potato person and then Dany gets three dragons.

Second season is Dany fucking around with Warlocks and having visions quests and shit gets real up at the wall with zombies and shit.

Dire wolves are actual animals though. I mean they're extinct today but they aren't any more fantasy animals than say mammoths or sabretooth tigers.

I bought the first season on DVD a few years back but I really just didn't find it that interesting and I have no interest in catching up now.

tried watching the first season
found it boring so i stoped

Except sabre-toothed tigers never existed. Check yo facts.

top bait

>i've never seen/done *popular thing*
>aren't I the most unique!

Don't watch it. It isn't worth your time.

>winter is coming!!! winter is coming!!! winter is coming!!!
>seven fucking seasons...seven fucking years irl later
>winter is has yet to arrive

Oh and the show is shit, fyi.

I saw the first season and one episode from season two. Engaging enough and I think I can see why people would enjoy it, but I was never interested in it to begin with and I don't plan to ever continue with it.

I never seen any GoT episode nor do I have any interest.

God I'm an amazing patrician.

It is a popular name for the smilodon which did in fact exist, even if it isn't closely related to the tiger

I've seen a few YouTube clips from the show and it looked boring.

You shouldn't start watching. A big part of the show has been the manipulation of the audience through anticipation and anxiety for the fate of the characters. You likely would miss the full effect if you started watching now.

If you knew that already you would have just said cat instead of tiger. I'm glad you learned something today though.
>proceeds to vouch for brontosaurus