Why does the UK think it deserves our sympathy when it continues to oppress the Irish people by holding Northern...

Why does the UK think it deserves our sympathy when it continues to oppress the Irish people by holding Northern Ireland hostage?

Attached: 220px-Map_of_Ireland's_capitals.png (220x280, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reginald's_Tower
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterford_Charter_Roll
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity_College,_Dublin
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_John's_Castle_(Limerick)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Ireland#Demographics
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Ireland#Languages
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Patrick
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._B._Yeats
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Swift
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Wilde
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Bernard_Shaw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bram_Stoker
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._S._Lewis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

northern ireland wants to remain british

Because you filled it with your people.

Big if true

britain has ruled at least part of ireland for nearly 900 years
ireland has never been a united and independent nation
irish republicanism is a house built on sand
sand of lies

Belfast VS Dublin

WHO WINS

dublin is a much nicer city, but the british built most of that as well

Literally not an excuse. You stole that land from the Irish people, it must be returned to them.

idiotic post
hong kong is my clay god gave it to me

Why does Romania think it deserves our sympathy when it continues to oppress the Hungarian people by holding Transylvania hostage?

Why does Slovakia think it deserves our sympathy when it continues to oppress the Hungarian people by holding the Felvidék hostage?

Why does Serbia think it deserves our sympathy when it continues to oppress the Hungarian people by holding Vajdaság hostage?

Why does Ukraine think it deserves our sympathy when it continues to oppress the Hungarian people by holding Kárpátalja hostage?

Why does Austria think it deserves our sympathy when it continues to oppress the Hungarian people by holding the Burgenland hostage?

Attached: justice for hungary.jpg (2448x1736, 322K)

Sure Ireland wasn't united but it doesn't mean you have the right for it. Back then it was filled Irish. Then you came in and invaded them and then filled it with your kind. Then you tried to force Protestantism on them.

Attached: wojak-numale.png (644x800, 15K)

Hold on a second, you're saying Hungarians are capable of feeling sympathy?

the irish are all descended from british settlers, they wilfully adopted the english language, their oldest universities and libraries were founded and built by the british, their most famous figures were british or at least of anglo-irish descent (arthur guinness, john jameson, wb yeats, bram stoker, etc)
so thorough was ireland's anglicisation that even the most prominent nationalists and republicans were of british descent, including wolfe tone (an anglican)

ireland's flag today bears protestant orange in recognition of these citizens, though of course they like to ignore it

the blood of the conquerors runs in their veins

Attached: Anglo-Irish.png (1187x621, 194K)

I was addressing the whole world at large.

But no, not really. Trianon burned any feelings we may have had out of us. It's your fault.

and just 500 years before the anglo-normans and cambro-normans were invited into ireland (yes, invited) northern britain was entirely pictish and romano-british
then the scots, from ireland, founded colonies and introduced a foreign goidelic language and forever changed the local culture and politics
but we forgive them for that

>Up to 1,000 children may have been victims in worst UK abuse ring
I guess in the future you'll know how it feels to be conquered and having invaders blood in your veins

Attached: 1456491930663.gif (320x240, 1.99M)

>Build a country on stolen land
>Get mad when people take their land back

Attached: 1515862210009.jpg (830x974, 227K)

and padraig snaps! lmao

why can't you just apologize for your crimes?
we did it, it is not that hard

because the irish are the african americans of europe
the blood of the oppressors and the conquerors runs in their veins as much as, perhaps more than, it does ours
the crimes are theirs as much as the victimhood

Their crimes is their burden to deal with. You should care about your crimes instead

everything you see in ireland, good and bad, is british
a few folk songs based on imaginary oppressive brits, two sports that are actually the same, and a language that only a few thousand hillbillies speak out of 4.5m is not a distinct, nor pervasive, nor ancient, culture

wow, you guys are so fucking arrogant.
I was feeling bad for Britain due to Brexit and their inability to respond to Russian aggression, but posts like this make me think that you guys really deserve to be taken down a peg

Non-meme response:
Trying to hand over control of Northern Ireland would literally be impossible without a bloodbath. For context loyalist paramilitaries have for years been planning for the "doomsday" i,.e. for when control is handed over, they still have yet to hand over their arms. The Irish establishment don't want the north back because it's too much of a monetary drain, would threaten Ireland's security and it would be near impossible to get under control. Britain has been officially neutral/tacitly pro-Irish on the matter for decades with most wanting rid of the matter.

Added to that, we're not really holding them hostage if they are continually voting for British rule. The people voting for it are of Scottish descent, sure, but Scotland was originally colonised by people from Ulster anyway, and I think the Ulster-Scots have been in Ulster long enough to be considered somewhat indigenous.

Empire LARPers don't really exist outside of Sup Forums, no-one irl cares besides sub-80 IQ Rangers fans. And to your previous point about apologies, Britain is already in a constant state of apology, I'm not sure what your point is.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reginald's_Tower
>Reginald's Tower was built by the Anglo-Normans after their conquest of Waterford
>It is the oldest civic building in Ireland

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterford_Charter_Roll

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity_College,_Dublin
>Ireland's oldest surviving university
>The college was founded in 1592 by Queen Elizabeth I as the "mother" of a new university
>Trinity College is widely considered to be the most prestigious university in Ireland, and amongst the most elite in Europe

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_John's_Castle_(Limerick)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Ireland#Demographics
>Irish people are a combination of Gaelic, Norse, Anglo-Norman, French, and British ancestry
>Anglo-Norman
>British

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Ireland#Languages
>The Irish Constitution describes Irish as the "national language", but English is the dominant language

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Patrick
>Saint Patrick was a fifth-century Romano-British Christian missionary
>At the age of 16 in 403 AD Saint Patrick was captured and enslaved by the Irish and was sent to Ireland to serve as a slave herding and tending sheep in Dalriada

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._B._Yeats
>Of Anglo-Irish descent
>descendant of Jervis Yeats, a Williamite soldier

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Swift
>Swift was an Anglo-Irish satirist

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Wilde
>Wilde's parents were successful Anglo-Irish intellectuals in Dublin
>Wilde was baptised... [in] the local Church of Ireland (Anglican) church

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Bernard_Shaw
>The Shaw family was of English descent and belonged to the dominant Protestant Ascendancy in Ireland

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bram_Stoker
>parents were Abraham Stoker... and Charlotte Mathilda Blake Thornley... members of the Church of Ireland

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._S._Lewis
>British novelist

Many treasures

Attached: irish2.jpg (1800x1200, 484K)

Fair enough. I must admit that you gave the Scots the free choice to exit if they want, unlike those Spanish subhumans who keep Catalonians in their country against their will
Maybe the eternal anglo isn't so bad after all

(MASSIVE oversimplification)
British never should have taken over Ireland and the British were dicks to the Irish for 900 years.
That said, handing over NI would be a huge pain for everyone involved. NI loyalists would flip out and violence would start again. Massive financial burden on ROI. Tory party no longer have DUP to support them in Westminster. Mickey, 42, from Lurgan wouldn't get his DLA.
It's better to keep things the way they are, as culturally uncomfortable as that is.

>Then you tried to force Protestantism on them.
That's literally the biggest crime ever commited by the Anglo. Disgusting.

why do retards on Sup Forums keep talking about things they have no understanding of

Attached: 1429904286134.png (2688x2688, 173K)

>the irish are all descended from british settlers
what are you smoking lol if that was the case it would have been majority protestant. The reason english became popular was because the famine destroyed rural communities so people had to leave to get work, and when emigrating english was better so parents started to teach their kids english instead of Irish

i'd prefer if we gave it back to ireland.

seems like more trouble than its worth, and its put us in an awkward position over brexit.

>Anglo-Normans
The Normans became completely integrated into Gaelic society to the point that they were indistinguishable. the Normans intermarried with the Gaels, adopted the language, etc. Many stereotypical Irish names are norman in origin
None of this is british, if you say this then you might as well say that anything an anglo saxon did in Britain is actually German.

As for the list of "british" famous irish people, nobody has ever denied that protestants or anglo irish didn't play a prominent part in our history (how could they not when they were the most educated?). Theres quite a difference between someone like Yeats and a "west brit" though, Yeats may have been Anglo Irish but he was an unashamed Irish nationalist. This is contrary to west brits (who these days are better described as cosmopolitan yuppies)

also
>st patrick
>403AD
>british
come on now

Irish says they will fight another 800 more.
are brits still willing to conquer there?

You know who the main British settlers of Ireland were, right?
Hint: it wasn't the English.

>britain has ruled at least part of ireland for nearly 900 years
The UK has only existed since 1707, or 1800 in Ireland. The An*Lo-S*Xon peoples who repeatedly invaded and colonised Ireland brought war and hunger every few years but left very little in the way of institutions. They were more like wh*Toid gothic raiders than the BLACK Roman empire.
>ireland has never been a united and independent nation
this lie relies on anGLo-s*Xxon notions of nationhood, namely that the law is the will of the king. GAEL law was decentralised and managed by the brehon class, but was uniform all over the country.
>irish republicanism is a house built on sand
>sand of lies
t. """"country"""" renowned for perfidy

The BLACK CELTS will claim your island soon, when King Arthur (KARA BOGA) will rise from his sleep and drive you wh*Te devils back into the ocean

Attached: 3330117.jpg (612x403, 53K)

I'd say most of us would readily pay Ireland to take NI off our hands.
Problem is that the actual people who live there by a substantial majority won't want that, and we all have to accept that

>come out you blacks and tans
Irish confirmed as racists

BLACK is beautiful and I've nothing against tan, but together they are a hybrid mongrl chimera that only the anglo can produce

Attached: download.png (254x198, 9K)

>irish
>people
debatable desu

>Still glossing over the Jocks
Hmm.

outstanding post wtf

>the Jocks
fine GAEL men, shame about all the an*gLos living in their country.

What about the Gael men living in ***your*** country?

We are the GAELS,my wh*Te neighbourino

Attached: 03c.png (600x733, 545K)

They don't seem to think so.

Attached: RedHandOfUlster_DexterHand.png (800x800, 40K)

The symbol of the O Neill family. One of the most common motifs in Irish heraldry. I'm glad it's known abroad

Why does this only have one reply? The thread should've ended here. NI wants to be part of us not the other way around

see korea
we are bit nicer

Based Hong Konger