Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dhy2nyBiSM4
youtube.com/watch?v=8mLCaXvVPas
youtube.com/watch?v=a3lcGnMhvsA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, that's 2001. This is pleb-core.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dhy2nyBiSM4

howdy there reddit!

when did Sup Forums lose its critical thinking ability and regress to parroting the local officially accepted rhetoric? now that's reddit. go grow up a little.

is love the ultimateingest cosmic force of the universe or whatever?

yes totally

I don't like Murph's speech at the end, everything else is great though.

It's pretty good and evocative desu

There are parts that are masterly pieced together.

TARS and Mann are far more interesting than their archetypes suggest, even if they appear to be boring renditions.

And the docking sequence is hardcore.

yes it is. Its pure kino and if you had seen this in cinema for the first time it would pretty much blow you away.

This is what film should be about, thanks nolan you motherfucking piece of man.

>implying Sup Forums isn't reddit

love is how cooper sees it but only because he didn't know some other thing

* Hans Zimmer made a good score
* The docking scene was p. cool
* I unironically liked CASE and TARS
That said, in true Nolan fashion, it didn't live up to the hype and it won't have a lasting impact.

>* I unironically liked CASE and TARS
Why wouldn't you? The introduction was seamless, the design wasn't some quirky bullshit making you roll your eyes. Most importantly the AI didn't steal the spotlight like it did in prometheus where everything revolved around david.

Good point. Gerty is still my AI-fu, though.

>haha its an emoji computer i can relate so much its just like twitter
it was like watching doctor who, they should have known better before inserting cringe like that

That fucker was creepy as fuck.

Except Gerty turned out to be a true bro in the end

>implying Interstellar isn't turbo-Reddit

Which was technically a malfunction.

Jesus that's cringe worthy. Calling it reddit tier would be too high a compliment.

If interstellar is reddit-tier then the whole concept of redditor-core is meaningless

Fuck Dan Harmon. Get him outta here. Get him out!

I still don't know how that planet is supposed to work. What holds the ice ceiling in place? How does so much light come through it?

WHY do so many people think this was the point, that's not what she meant by that

The planet is a hollow lattice of rock and ice

Are you hungry, user?

Not really. He was technically programmed to help Sam and that's what he did.

I love it still despite what Sup Forums says.

You're not really answering my question, are you? I guess the gravity would have to be EXTREMELY low for those structures to form and to be stable. So then how come all the action looks fairly normal? I don't quite remember if it's difficult for them to move on that planet or if they can hop a little higher but they definitely didn't jump around like crazy.

You can tell a lot about a person when they rate the film's of Christopher Nolan.

You can tell a lot about a person when they misuse an apostrophe.

so basically reddit hates the movie, got it

>You're not really answering my question, are you?
I did, what don't you understand?

>I guess the gravity would have to be EXTREMELY low for those structures to form and to be stable
No, the rock just needs a tensile strength greater than the force applied by gravity. Think of it like a 3D bridge.

>So then how come all the action looks fairly normal?
It's still a planet, they're very big ya know.

If the stuff is mostly ROCK then how is there any light deep inside these big caves?

>That said, in true Nolan fashion, it didn't live up to the hype and it won't have a lasting impact.
Apart from TDKR name ONE Nolan film, which isnt atleast a solid 8.

Wait Prometheus was not about David? what was it about?

THEY CRASHED INTO A CLOUD

CRASHED

INTO

A CLOUD

It was immediately following a somber scene as well, so super jarring. Full retard.

Zimmer's score was great though.

>No Time for Caution starts playing

The fucking soundtrack for this movie is ridiculous.
It's the ultimate sci fi soundtrack, and maybe the best movie sountrack in existence.
The movie is also really good, even if it gets shaky here and here. It just needed a few touch ups to be the best sci fi movie of all time. Unfortunately those few issues aren't easy to ignore, as they are so concentrated toward the end.
I was so thrown around by the end that I thought the movie was literally perfect and that I just had to watch it again but more carefully, but unfortunately no, that didn't do much for the inconsistencies.
I don't want interstellar 2, i want to go back in time and forget the movie, have those few changes made, and enjoy one of the most brilliant masterpieces ever created.
Hans fucking Zimmer though. That soundtrack is FLAWLESS.

youtube.com/watch?v=8mLCaXvVPas
aaaaa
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

holy fucking SHIT!!!!!!!
youtube.com/watch?v=a3lcGnMhvsA
K I N O
I
N
O

LOVE TARS!

What did she really mean? Haven't seen the film in a while.

>Shes an idiot and tries to make shit up to be right, ends up getting lucky and being right
>or maybe the n-dimensional future humans just indicated to her the right planet, just like they made the wormhole and black hole interior
I think the second one is more likely, it just needed to be developed more.

I think the dialogue was a little too expository. I felt like many of the otherwise beautiful scenes were hindered by a character explaining something like the audience is ten years old. I just wish People would have spoken fewer times in the film. Not much subtlety to it.

Interstellar Fart Smeller more like.

EUREKA!

I think the first 90% of it is genuine kino. I honestly don't know how I feel about the ending. On one hand my beta mind likes that message of love conquering all dimensions and barriers, but on the other hand my autistic mind hates how fucking unrealistic and contradictory that message is relative to the rest of the movie.

I can say for certain that the visuals are fucking unmatched and AlrightAlrightAlright Man's performance is fucking amazing.

>fat schlubby sarcastic guy
omg its such intelligent comedy!

Saw it on premiere day and it blew me away. 9.5/10 for me.

I really doubt Nolan intended it to come off as so comedic.

I loved it
none of the "wtf magical book case? this is retarded" thoughts crossed my mind when watching in theatre, i just assumed everyone else would love it too.

GET THE FUCK OUT YOU FUCKING NORMIE

DUDE THE POWER OF LOVE LMAO

It is visually outstanding, but it suffers from Nolan's typical lack of regard for coherence.

>It is visually outstanding
On the contrary, it looks surprisingly dull for what it is about. Nolan has a magical ability of deflating whatever fantasy setpiece he's working with.

Post a scene from interstellar you think looks "dull"

Wrong, he renders his material with clarity and restraint.

The result is ultimately far more compelling than sensory overloads like Guardians of the Galaxy or Valerian.

I think this was the last movie that I actively listen to the soundtrack of. The build up in "Mountains" still gets me every single time.
Apart from the love stuff, which can just be seen as the ramblings of the character anyway, the movie was fucking great. Great scenes, great music, acting didn't look off or anything. My only regret is that I never got to see it on the big screen. Although I hear there were noise complaints all over the place.

Not exactly. But it has it's place among top space kino

it's garbage from just about every aspect

yeah, if you can ignore the boring beginning and stupid ending the actual space exploration parts are fucking amazing.

The first time I watched it, it was very exhilarating and I enjoyed it.
Second time I took a more objective point of view and saw that it was an flawed movie, if not a total mess of pseudo-intellectual philosophy.
I still like it though.

Yeah, unfortunately I missed that opportunity as well. Watched it on a dvd player the size of a lunchbox first time, but it wasn't bad. I also like the score than most of Zimmer's work, which is interesting.
I found out the other day that he did the music for muppet treasure island. I loved that shit as a kid

It reaches very, very high and falls just short of greatness. If it didn't have a typical Hollywood love conquers all message it would honestly be in the running for greatest sci fi film of all time.

Who's arguing with that point anyway?