90 year old stands up, Obama told him he didn't have to stand. He said, "No Sir, you're the President."

>90 year old stands up, Obama told him he didn't have to stand. He said, "No Sir, you're the President."

I feel like people used to respect the President, regardless of their political leanings. Why has that been lost?

Jews

Being backstabbed by the president multiple times

When I saw the respect people including Frank showed for the office of the President, I found it really weird. Everyone in the UK thinks the PM is a total wanker almost 100% of the time, much less considers the rank itself worthy of respect. It's always just some rich cunt and your President is no different. Richer if anything.

Because he tries to guilt and shame me every time a Muslim commits a mass shooting or when a nigger gets shot because of his own stupidity.

>Obama miraculously restores man's ability to walk

BRAVO BARACK

Nothing was lost

We realized the government treats us like a social experiment. That democracy isn't democracy. That politics boils down to Marxism is going to happen where you like it or not Goyim so you better like it or you will lose your job and it will happen anyway. Now we live in a world where a known criminal is going to be our next president and nobody cares. The thing thats surprising here is how this guy lived to 80 or 90 and still didn't get a clue.

>touching a nigger

fpbp

cant respect these moloch worshipping jew puppets

Because this president does not follow the law he does what ever the fuck he wants

Because the President is no longer elected by the American people, but by minorities. If only whites had voted, both Romney and McCain would have won their respective elections.
Back in the old days, at least the President was elected by your peers, so even if your candidate lost, you could at least respect the choice your fellow countrymen had made.

Obama couldnt be bothered to salute our marines, forget standing for that ingrate. He has no respect for our constitution or country why should we respect him?

retards who believe the president is your fucking overlord that automatically deserves respect.

even visiting america is an emotional experience, you feel a whole different level of patriotism than the UK or australia, if i met the president i would probably salute him.
>tfw a tear has been shed from my eye while listening to the star spangled banner and i am not ashamed in any way

i hate obama but that pic gives me the feelerinos

Someone start dumping the apology tour pics where Obama bows before every world leader.

>Why has that been lost?

When the president equated TERRORISTS MURDERING AMERICANS to disrespecting Mohammed.

Because old people understand the importance of rank and command, young people can't understand this because the culture is teaching them to ignore it.

>I feel like people used to respect the President, regardless of their political leanings. Why has that been lost?

The president didn't use to subvert your entire nation.

This is what's so shit about American politics today. Whites switch party votes all the time and and tend to make their choice based on logical reasons, non-Whites just vote Democrat no matter what.

I do admire that about you lads, honestly. Any show of national pride here is automatically associated with racism. There was a story about people putting English flags up to show their support during the World Cup and they were forced to take it down because it could be offensive to Muslims. Keep it up, and be thankful that you're not expected to be ashamed of your forefathers' accomplishments. You have a whole mythology around your Lincolns and Washingtons. Here we have Churchill and anyone else is considered something to feel guilty about because of the Empire.

right in the feels

If you have heard the musical Hamilton there is a song called the Battle of Yorktown, in the last verse there is a stanza:

Tens of thousands of people flood the streets
There are screams and church bells ringing
And as our fallen foes retreat
I hear the drinking song they’re singing…

It never even evokes the anthem musically, but hearing the origins of the song and the strength behind it gives me goose bumps. Quite beautiful.

>Why has that been lost?

The President no longer represents every American. The President represents special interest groups, minorities, leftist ideologues and globalists. Hard to respect a man when he doesn't care about your interests - or even your safety - and when he's willing to sacrifice you and your family to further his agenda.

my father did a lot of business in california during the 90's and had a lot of his associates coming over to australia as well. he said one of the biggest culture shocks between the aussies and seppos was the regard they had for their leaders.

he said that he and some mates were criticising Paul Keating, then-prime minister, for some bullshit going on within his party, calling him a untrustworthy cunt or something, and the americans were shocked to hear them say that.

to them it was treason, apparantly. the seppos said "we didn't vote for him, but he's still our president."

interesting stuff.

>regardless of their political leanings. Why has that been lost?

Because politics became far more partizan now compare to then, I think it is the same for every country.

Americans ITT talk how butifel the scene is but most would never stand up for the head nigger if they were in his stead. Same goes for many young millenials, who would never stand up for Trump, or many secular turks who would never stand up for Erdogan.

Respect has to start somewhere, user. Sometimes you have to be the bigger man to make a difference.

This was on Reddit

>Why has that been lost?
Because of people like Obama himself, radicals from the 1960s and their disciples who despise this country, it's history, and it's people.

Respect starts when it is earned. It doesn't start with respect

Reclaim your pride.

Fucking kek.

I'd probably stand too even though I hate Obama. It's respect for the office and the history of it, not respect for the man himself.

People who wouldn't stand are giving Obama too much power and credit. By not standing you're acknowledging Obama himself as being incredibly influential. By actually showing respect you're acknowledging that the position itself is respectable but Obama is just another man filling in the spot for a brief period of time. It makes him as an individual less important which is much more insulting because Obama is a narcissist. He wants people to acknowledge him, not the powerful position he is holding.

You should come visit Norway on 17. May. We're probably the only country that's as obsessed with their flag as the US. The Swedes call us nazis for being patriotic, but the flag and our national holiday is closely tied to freedom from oppression and the liberation from the Germans after WW2, so it's not viewed as racism in Norway to be patriotic.

>in 1951 the Washington Senators invited Harry S. Truman the 33rd President of the United States of America to throw out the first pitch at the team’s home opener on April 20, 1951. The President who is baseball fan accepts the invitation.

>The President must have been aware that he may not get a gracious welcome from the fans at Griffith Stadium. That is because nine days before the Senators home opener Truman fired General Douglas MacArthur from his post as Commander of the Far East. At the time, General MacArthur was probably the most popular person in the United States.

>It was reported the crowd of 15,000 at Griffith Stadium booed Truman loudly. The Air Force Band tried to drown out the jeers with “Ruffles and Flourishes” and “Hail to the Chief.”
Why were people so polite in the 1950s??

>We realized the government treats us like a social experiment.
The government only began doing this under FDR, who himself had made it his purpose.

>If only whites had voted, both Romney and McCain would have won their respective elections.

Thank god for minorities.

Respect for president is what makes country strong. I'd hail obama if I were murrican, he may not be strongest president but he always seemed to be decent man

Fuck off, chink.

It is called being proud of your country. In Germany that notion is stamped out once school begins. German history is something to be ashamed of, German flag is offencive but the Turkish one is something cool. German food is eww, German language gets absolutely raped, German politicians are limp writed faggots, German values are drowned in migrant ones.

Only time it is allowed to wear German colors is foring fucking football matches.

Good for you, it must bring a tear to your eye knowing that for whatever differences may exist between you, you're all one nation and you share that sense of pride.

Regan.

The news media very much portrayed him as a president not worthy of respect and its been going like that since.

Yeah, our countries are much alike in that. Germany was the first nation I thought of. Where did it all go so wrong?

>Because politics became far more partizan now compare to then
This is a hilarious statement to anyone familiar with the elections of 1800 and 1824. There was also that time Aaron Burr killed Alexander Hamilton in a duel. I would presume the country also more partisan when states were seceding and we had a Civil War for four years.

It's not that the country is more or less partisan, it is that there exists a significant group of people who hate the country and have as their mission to drag down everyone around them.

That old man just earned my respect, by being so respectful to the President of the United States. So respect just did start from respect.
Respect should be mutual, if one end thinks they're better than the other ( even when they are) then society can't move forward.

>tfw driving in the car with my coworker
>national anthem comes up
>says he probably can't recite it, but he doesnt care about "that shit"

I don't like globalist star trek jerk offs.

>Why has that been lost?
Politics has become entertainment, and Entertainment has become political in the US.

Presidents used to respect Americans, no matter their political leanings.

Obama doesn't respect us, we don't respect him.

>respecting politicians

lolmurkins

>Visiting friends in Mexico
>Go over to the US for a brief side trip and check into some cheap motel in Los Angeles
>Go out later when hearing fireworks
>Realize it's the fourth of July
>What appears to be a truck driver is standing in the parking lot, hat in hand, looking up at the fireworks all teary-eyed
It didn't feel like America until that point.

respect is a two way street. If the nigger thinks I am the cause of all his problems, fuck him.

When??

When Abraham Lincoln was assassinated? Or when Theodore Roosevelt was shot while giving a speech? Or when JFK was assassinated? Or when Reagan was shot and hospitalized? Or when Trump was booed by 15000 people in a Baseball stadium?

There were always people who respect the president and who didn't

this guy likely has experienced more, and therefore inherently possesses more accumulated wisdom, than anyone posting here. maybe some of you who are mocking him should consider that. You don't live 90 years by being a witless faggot. His spine barely functions but we can at least be sure that he has one.

Patriotism is the first thing the elites strip from a country to control the populace.

Nations like Australia, the UK and America have a lot to be proud of so obviously we should be taught to hate ourselves so other people can make our decisions for us.

Truman* was booed

It's because we don't cuckold ourselves

Jews

The last gasp of honour.

>Obama told him he didn't have to stand

Not

>YOU'RE A FUCKING WHITE MALE!

Don't lose yourself Klaus.

>Or when JFK was assassinated?
people loved jfk.
Jfk respected the american people.

Same with Reagan.

We stayed in some dodgey motel in Barsto, little Mexicans and Niggers running around the parking lot and the road. Big black women in the pool shredding hair and the nigger kids started letting off fireworks in the yard.

Only stayed there for a day though.

Respect is earned not given.

King nigger deserves zero respect.

Because Clinton and Bush jr were morons and Obama is nothing but a laundry boy.

You can tell he was think
>AYO GET DIS CRUSTY ASS CRACKA UP OFFA ME

He's just a man like everyone else.

this tbqh

Clinton and Bush

McCain would have been an objectively shitty President, 50/50 chance we'd be at war with Iran right now or at least fighting another insurgency there.

Mitt was God (mormon) Tier, our country lost out,

Millennials just refuse to respect people that they should like previous generations did.

The man's a veteran. Even though I hate Obama, you salute the rank, not the man wearing it. Just because Obama treats the office as a get-out-of-jail-free card while listening to Bix Nood perform in the White House doesn't mean the position of President means nothing to the rest of us.

It was lost when Presidents started to disrespect the office and the people they were sworn to protect and represent.

Yeah, but if you didn't have all those niggers and spics, the situation in the US would probably be different enough that you would have other candidates to choose from.

ITT eurotrash and literally WHO don't realize Americans can respect the office without liking the person who holds it

I don't think people respected Abraham Lincoln regardless of their political leanings.

Non of you aggressive queers has bitched about women Presidents yet. I imagine you little bitches will soon though.

it's a disgusting trend brought on by the left where if you personally disagree with someone's opinion then you hold it against them, rather than debating the idea.

Even if you disagree with 100% of obama's policies then you should still respect the work he did to get there

Because old people were more indoctrinated than new people. Before the 80s, everyone was a massive cuck for authority but the 80s and 90s were more about the individual than the community.

They both have their faults and merits. It's just the new way has issues because the rest of the world is based on community.

I feel for you brother

Being able to show the highest respect is good for your own self respect--
Especially in this case

Can you imagine if this old man didnt get up what he would be thinking later?

Damn im so old and feeble i couldnt even get up and shake the hand of the president!

Obama hates this country and does everything he can to actively undermine its people and its interests. I understand why some people feel compelled to show him the respect a President would normally deserve, but his actions have seriously undermined the rationale for treating him with respect.

>Even if you disagree with 100% of obama's policies then you should still respect the work he did to get there

What work? He's an affirmative action nigger who spent high school smoking weed and "shooting hoop" with the choom gang, then affirmative actioned his way through the rest of his life.

The closest thing he had to a real job was the ultimate meme career of "community organizer", which is literally just rabble rousing to rile up niggers to demand more gibs me dats.

Then he conned the nation into voting for him because he was good at reading off of teleprompters and if you didn't vote for a nigger you must be racist.

Having affirmative action for President of the United States, the most powerful position in the world, is sheer insanity. The media and entertainment industry has treated him with kid gloves because they don't want to criticize the first nigger President.

It's an absolute disgrace that he was allowed to be President and his Presidency will cost this nation tens of trillions of dollars. Not only that, our suicide and murder rates are skyrocketing because of the dismal conditions that he has fostered. So his Presidency is actually causing countless American deaths.

a true leader