Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aPulAk0nuT4
my.mixtape.moe/eoekkw.webm
my.mixtape.moe/zomjfv.mp4
my.mixtape.moe/ckhdzz.mp4
original.livestream.com/hueythelastnacho/?rt=2&ra=67917
my.mixtape.moe/odeezp.mp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm about to watch it tonight. What am I in for?

A bad movie.

L was not this meme Sup Forums made him out to be

Light was not this wussy faggot Sup Forums made him out to be

The character Misa is more vicious than in the anime

the movie was fucking hilarious if youre going into it as a comedy. the death note movie is to the original manga and anime the same way life of brian is to the bible

possibly one of the worst movies I've seen

>Netflix shills aren't real they said

N was some punk from san francisco that sits weird, doesn't sleeps and eats icecream. How is he not a meme? If anything, the fact that they push dumb anime quirks into a live "more grounded, less meme" movie, makes it jump out and be a complete mess.

light was very much a wussy faggot from start to end.

Proof: youtube.com/watch?v=aPulAk0nuT4

mia was the real light.

If you watched the anime then it's slowly going to dawn on you that they got it all wrong. Then you'll be back here to complain a bit about it, be baffled at the people defending this shit and move on with your life.

I was surprised as well. Went in thinking it was going to be a train wreck. Ended up kind of enjoying it.

For this:
my.mixtape.moe/eoekkw.webm

I tried so fucking hard to not compare it to the manga/anime, and even then it's a disaster. Everything to do with what it means to be 'moral' and 'just' were thrown out the window completely. Instead of a intense battle of the wits we get a completely cucked edgy high school student, a barely competent 'Misa' who went full retard from the beginning, and an L who was probably the only decent part of the film next to Ryuk. Unfortunately, they blurred up both L and Ryuks characterization with their own and lost any sense of why those characters are interesting or empathetic. Ryuk is essentially evil while L is impulsive and emotional.

Fuck Adam Wingardium Fagiosa, after Blair Witch and this blunder I hope he's never given someone elses intellectual property again.

And this
my.mixtape.moe/zomjfv.mp4

L was okay Ryuuk was alright, but the writing was garbage and the characters were dumbed down.

Light should've been a chad thundercock if they wanted to adapt the character in America correctly.

Well, initially everybody talked about Zac Efron playing as Light, which would have been much more convincing than the emo teen option

This is my favourite, so many things wrong
my.mixtape.moe/ckhdzz.mp4

I'm still upset about casting. The movie was a fuckin joke. I'd rather watch the J adaptation.

>original.livestream.com/hueythelastnacho/?rt=2&ra=67917

just started stream of it

A mediocre film with great cinematography.

Is it bad because it's an adaptation of animeshit or is it bad because it doesn't conform to the expectations of the mouthbreathers that unironically view the original as high art?

>Misa (Mia) is not anymore a groupie of Kira but just a teenager tired of her Pom Pom Girl life because it's boring and Death Note would have make her life more interesting
FUCKING FINALLY AN IMPROVEMENT FACE TO THE ORIGINAL!!!

Also, Light is not the character I wanted to push in his face to be so fucking arrogant but just a teenager making mistake. Still, the biggest problems of the movie are the fact it's a Teen movie genre and not enough which it has as consequence the first act is too short.

80% because it's a BAD adaptation of animeshit, with bad acting (save Dafoe and Nakauchi), characters, plot, pacing, ending, and 20% because of the mouthbreathers
Seriously, you're defending this?
my.mixtape.moe/odeezp.mp4

The Ferris wheel scene went full retard.

It was pretty bad though
The only good thing for me was L, probably because he's the only guy you can root for, even if it annoyed me that they actually made him have his autistic quirks and not a lot is changed except that he's far more emotional, I don't remember anime L being like that, but I barely remember the anime. I do remember that you can root for both, Light has a sense of evil in the anime but you can root for him, he's not a dumbass who gets controlled by his roastie gf

The movie has an interesting but pointless twist though, at least I thought it was a twist, spoiler Interestingly Light is not a full on psycho, in fact he's a fucking dumbass pussy and his gf (mia) is the real psycho, but at the end Light has the high ground on everything Was it a twist? I mean it turned in the last 20 minutes to give the OH MY GOD reaction, but seriously it felt so fucking cheap and stupid

One thing that was for the worse was Ryuk, he was a fucking asshole in this honestly, just like Light and Mia, completetly unlikable, although Ryuk didn't have enough screentime, we didn't see him as the scary funny demon who's there to enjoy the show, he appears rarely and every time he comes off as a devilish cunt

Also what the fuck with the ending, what was that, not only does it end in a cliffhanger but the credits have FUCKING BLOOPERS, is Adam Wingard fucking with us? is this whole movie a joke?

I just finished watching it, so I don't know, but honestly it was not good

All bullshit aside, i know the altcucks here would have sperged to no end, but i would have loved if the movie ended with Mia killing Light and taking the DN and the next one would have been her vs L.
Light was a super faggot in this.

this part was unironically great

Calling the cinematography "great" is overselling it. Wingard just copy-pasted the same aesthetic he used for The Guest, but done worse.

it had a good synth soundtrack i'll give it that

a handful of pretty screenshots doesn't equal great cinematography you fucking memelord

lamo wtf

cinematography != pretty pictures

Get off this board.

>getting a guy to play L that literally cant do the L squat/sit

Why is L. such a bitch ass nigga? He looks like he about to cry in 90% of his scene, lmao

Just started watching, this must be the ugliest nose I've ever seen.

shyyyeeeet, Max Landis is now an actor? Fucking nepotism

>despite it all, american Light was still less retarded than Japanese Light

wrong pic

I genuinely thought L wrote the dad's name and that he was about to die after confronting his son (confrontation being a part of what L wrote).

It's incredibly cringey

>all these people complaing about L's race
I thought L looking like a trap or young boy was a plot point for later eps when he got replaced with those other Fuccbois?

>N
Cheeky

>using the Death Note in public
what the fuck, isn't this kid supposed to be smart

bwahahaha

>it's the power of love

why are girls obsessed with death so fucking hot. Mia new waifu

Mia's a fucking cunt and Light should have killed her off way earlier.

If anything, this just made me want to watch the original again.

but i want her to step on my balls

>black L

get out

You first, bitch nigga.

She'll make you give her your credit card and then go out with her asian boyfriend. Then she'd kill your dad for telling you she's not good for you. She's a fucking piece of shit.

that first part actually happened to me, so I'm strangely racist toward gook cunts

Why are normies more upset about Light being white than L being black?

Did you kill them?

nah she's a stupid weeb slut so it's not worth the ink

Both

It's bad because it's fucking bad.

>>Light was not this wussy faggot Sup Forums made him out to be

>YOU CAN'T HIT ME BECAUSE IT WILL CLASSIFY AS CHILD ABUSE REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>NO DAD YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND ME
>HEY G-GIRL I TRIED TO DEFEND, L-LOOK AT MY NOTEBOOK, YOU IMPRESSED YET?

No he was a total bitch.

>makes Mia touch the notebook so she can see Ryuk
>surprised it doesn't work

What made Light think this was how it works? It's not like Ryuk instantly appeared to him when he first touched the notebook.

This. Why the fuck did they have to change L's race?

Anyone know a good streaming site that has subs? I just got to the part where L first appears in Japan but the subs weren't showing

That was all in the first 10 minutes, are you posting to Sup Forums while "watching" something? Jesus Christ

That's the only scene where they speak a language other than English anyways.

The dialogue is baby Japanese too, if you didn't understand it you're the reason this thing is the way it is

>C-Can I kiss you

Light Turner was absolutely a bitch ass lil faggot and it was completely intentional. The movie is a "what if" story about what happens when an edgy Hot Topic shopper actually gets the book, and Childish Gambino because such a threat he turned into an autist.

Things that were worse than the original
>Light being kind of a wuss
>Ryuk's face oh my god what is wrong with your faaaaaaaace

Things that were better
>Plot twist of thinking Ryuk is the antagonist when it was really Mia
>L being much more aggressive
>The plot of Watari being used
>Light's father

So overall I think it was better considering how condensed it was compared to the show.

Childish Gambino as L would have been the DOPEST SHIT EVER

do you have any idea how much of a pretentious tool you sound like when you say shit like "if you didnt understand the basics of a foreign language youre the reason this movie is a trainwreck"
boy i live in america, why the fuck should i learn moon?

This Netflix release (nb: not a feature film) is based upon a manga and anime, despite several repulsive revisions attempting to make it beautiful to the American mainstream. The pretense is actually the revisions. It's pretending to be an American story. Really, it's Japanese. Since it's terrible, pretty much the only ones interested in it will be those who were interested in the manga and anime. In closing, you're the poseur, and you also seem dumb. I bet I could beat you in a fight irl too.

It was not a bed movie from the type of that goes in the background when you are doing something else and afterwards you forget you ever watched it in the first place. What I love to see adapting those those battle of intellects bound by rules explained to the audience like in manga. It was almost non existent in this production.

>This. Why the fuck did they have to change L's race?

Because it's inconsequential to the movie?

they changed everyone's race, so why are you only bitching about L?

L eats candy all the goddamn time and every time there's a zoom in on his lips

Here's a non meme answer: it's Death Note filtered as an 80s film, with Sam Raimi camerawork and synth soundtrack by based Atticus Ross. Dafoe is godtier, L is bretty faithful, and overall the rest of the cast (Light dad is great) gets the job done and then some.
Is it perfect adaptation that fleshes out the themes of the mango? No. But it's a cool movie, not a flick, kino, cinemo or film but movie

And L ate candy and sweets all the time in the anime. What's your point?

>L eats candy all the goddamn time and every time there's a zoom in on his lips

Ok?

Everyone is bitching about how terrible Nat Wolff was in his role too.

The entire anime is premised on the fact that Light is barely outwardly emotional and L never reveals his emotions, so when the first scenes with Light and L have them sperging out in their own ways you know something is up

I'm not going to tell you. Or the guy who posted "Ok?". As far as I'm concerned, you can figure it out for yourselves. For fans of awesome detective shit you sure don't seem to be able to identify shinola.

Oh I get it, I just want you to say it. Come out with your bias instead of hiding behind some kind of "artistic integrity".

I already said it, quite clearly in fact. Also, I don't believe you "got it". You're just a reactive poster, and I've dealt with your type before. You didn't get it, and you're trying to save face by claiming you did. Good bye, forever.

Stop pretending Death Note is anything more than trash, the source material has a cool concept but shits the bed almost immediately.

>Good bye, forever.

I accept your apology. Please be trying again.

>The entire anime is premised on the fact that Light is barely outwardly emotional and L never reveals his emotions, so when the first scenes with Light and L have them sperging out in their own ways you know something is up

FUCKING THIS
Light and L are supposed to be cool, calm, and incredibly smart. They never give off any hint of an emotion that would lead to suspicion.
Half of the series is L being unsure if Light is really kira and then having a great back and forth battle
Light being an absolute pussy and wearing his emotions on his sleeve the entire time was unforgivable
L did a good voice but for the last half of the movie he totally went downhill by sperging out about everything

A character driven movie that forgot to make the characters any compelling.

Youre wrong
The first half of the anime is fantastic

Everything up to L dying is great.

Stop posting a space between the link to the post you're quoting and your text, trash man.

>The first half of the anime is fantastic

>Stop posting a space between the link to the post you're quoting and your text, trash man.

>>>/reddit/

Unfortunately they could never adapt such great scenes like the tennis match to live action
Its literally one of the highest rated anime you just want to be contrarian

The worst thing about it isn't the poor adaptation, it's the pacing

>Its literally one of the highest rated anime you just want to be contrarian

And?

Tired of all this argument. I won.

I liked seeing william dafoe act in the bloopers
But yeah the whole thing was really awful

He was in that.

There are no blooper in the credits. Fuck off liar.

I just saw the decapitation and seriously fucking do this.

That shit was great and hilarious. It's almost like they made it as a horror comedy.