youtube.com/watch?v=7N0_GdI8TWE
youtu.be/FtwYg2X3IKA
youtu.be/3XaoXSO1iBk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>mike and rich got fat
>jay stopped being 14

what does it all mean?

they honestly come off as dumb

I don't know about dumb, but they're definitely hypocrites. The Plinkett reviews are full of contradictions as well.

Examples please. I've enjoyed them too much. Tell me why they're flawed

>A bunch of amateur film "nerds" have a few arguable contradictions for their youtube reviews.
Versus
>A multi film hundred million dollar venture is riddled with inconsistencies.

>you need to make a good movie
>to determine if something is a good movie

The Recovered wasn't ironically bad it was just bad. But it did create the slenderman.

>implying Rich Evans isn't the Golden God

They're just ironically dumb.

Everything they say lacks any sincerity or emotion. It's just smug judgments.

remember when redditors weren't forcing hate of RLM in an attempt to fit in?

>Amazing Guitarist
>Literally has never built a guitar
>trash/10

I think it's more of if you make a career out of reviewing movies and spend a lot of time and money creating a movie and it's terrible, but "ironically terrible", your opinion shouldn't be given too much weight.

It certainly explains why Sup Forums jacks them off.

>don't pay attention to the movie
>complain about "plot holes"
>don't do any research about the subject
>complain when people point out your mistakes
>people point out their contradictions
>they have passive aggressive meltdown
>contempt for their audience

It's also about acquiring enough money to produce a solid movie. Their stuff with Max Landis got into this

And why exactly is that the case?

>RLM criticized Avatar for going the "easy" route in making the aliens relatable by giving them big eyes to make their emotions easier to read
>As a counterpoint they used District 9 which managed to make their prawnlike aliens relatable... by giving them giant eyes to make their emotions easier to read

Your analogy is shit and I bet you have an ugly face and body in real life

When you have millions of nerds picking apart every detail of a movie, inconsistencies are bound to crop up.

The weirdest part is that they actually have people who've worked in hollywood pay attention to them.

I wonder how much they pay Mueller Communications to viral for them.

Why is that weird?

They are okay for straight to VHS B-movies but I have zero interest in hearing what they have to say about "real" movies.

Why would they even need that? They make 19,000$ a month ALONE from Patreon. This doesn't include merchandise, Youtube revenue and whatever else that probably bumps it up to anywhere between 22,000$ to 25,000$.

Bad excuse. Competent teams can make good short films with meager assets. RLM already has all the gear for it, they'd just need to find decent local actors.

Publicity increases your audience. Bigger audience = more ad revenue.

They said the main issue with actors is that a bunch of them no showed or ditched the project when they were needed.

Yes, but why would they need that? They have already said the bottleneck with them is time since they have such a small crew.

What happened to turn the young attractive Mike into what he is today?

By creating your movie for the purposes of being "ironically bad," you are better able to deflect valid criticism.

>"But Rich, your character has no depth and there are plotholes everywhere."
>"They're INTENTIONAL! Now watch as I review a movie with the exact same problems and call it shit."

Self-awareness is great as long as it isn't used as a shield.

Space Cop was unironically disappointing, as a RLM comedy vehicle.

They can easily bring on temp workers. I'm sure Wisconsin has plenty of film makers with broken dreams of making it big, willing to work for $8 an hour.

>OP only ever shitposts on Sup Forums
>thinks his opinion is the word of god

Maybe they shouldn't create a Tim-and-Eric style comedy and expect strangers to value it as much as they do? The actors probably want to move forward with their careers rather than doing some one-off that they'll avoid putting in their demo reel.

The Na'vi already had humanoid faces. You could easily understand their emotions without the need of the big eyes to make them more sympathetic. The Prawns needed something to help convey their emotions to the audience due to them have insect faces. Giving them large eyes was the best choice as eyes convey emotions very well. They were explaining the right and wrong way of needing to exaggerate a facial feature to help convey something to the audience. Also the Prawns weren't painted as being perfect creatures unlike the Na'vi which were these perfect beings that could literally understand everything in nature because they had the magical tentacles that could connect with any animal or plant. The Prawn, Christopher, essentially uses the human whose been infected to help him and his son escape Earth. It's not till the very end does he actually come clean and admit that he's not gonna be back for at least 3 years if they ever do come back for the others and to possibly cure him of turning into one of them.

Why don't you start reviewing shitposts, Mike?

Not him but if i just told you "Well, where's your multi-million dolar film masterpiece?" You would tell me to fuck off with that retarded argument

So im just going to tell you to fuck off with that retarded argument

>you will never cuddle Jay

>it takes millions of dollars to make a good movie

Fuck off with your retarded argument.

Rich looks severely unhealthy. I hope he gets help and slims down. Not even memeing

>only review corporate garbage
>feel superior and smug about saying that garbage is garbage
>avoid any serious film and make a ironic joke about it
>all their reviews are ironic

look at these white """men"""

Thks 4 reminding me to watch rlm op. I love those guys

Jane?

nah more like: they know how to read sheet music but cant play an instrument

if you're using a music analogy

It's because they are from Wisconsin. People from Wisconsin are very level headed, they don't let bullshit get to them. I know, I am from Wisconsin.

It's called aging and will happen to you

L I T E R A L L Y W H O

What is the most sexually adventurous thing Jay has ever done?

young Rich looks handsome as shit in that picture.

Foursome with three black guys.

They did some 8-balls afterwards also.

Have sex in the missionary position with his girlfriend.

Didn't they make an unironic horror film but they all hate it?

>What happened
Jay sucked his good looks out of him.

i dont wanna be that guy but did jay get his teeth fixed? good god he had some fucked up teeth.

what

youtube.com/watch?v=7N0_GdI8TWE

>it's a the fans are annoying but the haters are insufferable episode

he has a serious overbite look at the present and past picture. it is jacked up

>i dont wanna be that guy
>proceeds to be that guy

Yeah but the inconsistencies people complain about most are ones even casual viewers can notice.

i want a answer pretty bad about this question

They're better critics than filmmakers, it's a different skillset

Not from the Plinkett reviews but: in their Batman Vee Superman review they said in very close proximity both "Lex Luthor's motivations made no sense" and also something like "Lex Luthor was the only one whose motivations made sense" I'm not defending BvS either, I just noticed the contradiction.

So Jay was sucking the youth out of Mike and Rich? Was it in the gay cake?

Making criticisms and making a bad movie doesnt negate the criticism. It just makes the movie bad.

Mike can say Star Wars has shitty plotholes, and them make a movie with plotholes, Star Wars still has plotholes, it doesnt make Star Wars a less shitty movie.

His face just wasn't done yet, he had to fill in. It only looks like his teeth are fucked.

>$565,000 gross
Jesus. Couldn't they make a measly 1.5 mil?
Why is everyone on earth a fucking pleb?

Friendly reminder THEY're the cause Lucas ended up selling his kino franchise to the (((white slavers))).

RLM still has its golden moments...

youtu.be/FtwYg2X3IKA

Just a bunch of Marvel cockriders.

Jay's boyish looks are finally paying off

I look at their reviews more as entertainment then reviews. Very much like zero punctuation occasionally hitting the nail on the head but mostly I don't take them super seriously.

those buckteeth boyish looks

>see someone quote mike or jay verbatim in a thread about a movie they reviewed
>not just similar thoughts literally verbatim

Why do anons do this? It's not your opinion you're just repeating what someone else said. At least learn to rephrase it so you don't look retarded.

TCM keeps playing this movie every week. I'm sure they made alot more from tv right and streaming

so no ones gonna answer the jay teeth question?

Masquetta?

dumb faggot you are

bumping this

smug talking heads can only turn themselves into parodies without a drop of creative dedication

gee

Why wont they review the emoji movie

I watch them purely for the comedy because I feel like their tastes are far too inconsistent for me to seriously care about their opinions. Their overly glowing review of GotG2 versus their total hatred for Rogue One is a good example of this. Both were uninspired and somewhat shit movies, but somehow one is a lot worse because it didn't have the tone they expected from it.

bump

Plinkettt and by extension RedLetterMedia is inherently dishonest and anti-factual. Rather than presenting facts and then building opinions on that, RLM instead spouts an opinion and then cherrypicks information and misleadingly post quotes that support that opinion. Even though taking the information in context means something completely different, RLM doesn’t care. They need to support their razor-thin arguments with near falsehoods.

RLM operates much like those liberal talk shows where the audience is well aware of how biased and unfair the host is but continue to consume it. Why? Because it is conveyed through humor. People are willing to swallow lies and falsehoods so long as it entertains them. That’s exactly the crowd RLM goes for. The type who suffer too much ADD to read actual reviews but are still big enough losers that they feel the need to possess some sort of smugness and hate towards what their circlejerk deems is bad.

RLM spent three Plinkett reviews badmouthing George Lucas. They cherrypicked quotes, presented them out of context and then robbed him of all of his accomplishments and made him the sole culprit of all he did wrong. This is not only factually incorrect, but it is also morally disgusting and shows that they’re willing to completely fuck directors over so long as they can entertain their audience of miserable 20 or so losers who want to feel like they’ve accomplished something in life because their RLM overlords told them they could do it better. Well now you’re stuck with Disney Marvel Wars and RLM will never ever point out just how awful they are because they’d be forced to both admit they were wrong and that their legion of Reddit fanboys are clueless sheep for swallowing TFA like it was good.

tl;dr give me a quick run down

>they've only ever made "ironically bad" indie films

It's their retarded shlock obsession.

i still have never watched one of their videos

inb4 butmad ledditor saying "good 4 u"

youtu.be/3XaoXSO1iBk

You say that like a successful film career is the gauge of a good critic, that simply isn't true if it were we'd give more of a shit about what directors opinions were on other movies, which we don't really outside of fluff articles.
Its two very separate talents its like saying a chef should be really good and an eating competition by default.

rlm = fake news

HOW HAVE I NEVER SEEN THIS

10/10

It is the buttmad ledditors who keep pushing this failed "Sup Forums hates RLM" narrative.

why is it always reddit? why not tumblr? i thought they were known for ruining movies and reddit is one for ruining tv shows.

t. mad hollywood kikes losing money being XXXPOSED by a bunch of hack frauds

Fucking kill yourselves and your pedo friends

These guys have the self awareness of Tommy Wiseau without the excuse of being foreigners.

>people treat their reviews as word of god

they do? I don't know man, I just watch them because they're entertaining.

When future generations sift through the smoldering rubble of postmodern America, they would do well to locate a hard drive with RedLetterMedia content on it. They could study Mike and Jay and, with that thin slice of information, fully understand what it is that killed western civilization.
Those two are bitter, cynical nihilists. They have devoted their lives, the prime years of productivity, to pithily lampooning cultural ephemera and implying "we could do better than these idiot filmmakers, but we're too cool to actually try."
They are every strain of societal AIDS melded together into a super AIDS of cultural death...
Well into middle age, they're still obsessively analyzing adventure stories for children. They're childless, unmarried, stubbornly avoiding an actual profession, opting instead to beg for Patreon donations. They are subsisting on the patronage of even more embittered, more lonely, more cynical losers who need virtual friends to swim in their vast Petri dish of misery with them.
Look in their fucking eyes, man. It's a joyless, pointless existence they're living.
They are so afraid of sincerity or honest artistic effort that they'll leave behind hours of footage of them chuckling about Tommy Wiseau. They are artistic cowards and abject failures in every respect.
Each time you catch a glimpse of them, you're reminded that we peaked as a civilization a long time ago. We're done creating. We're done feeling real emotions. All we can do now is analyze, criticize, and ironically pick through the dessicated corpse of our once great nation.