After L started his investigation, I genuinely dont understand anything that happened (i have seen the anime...

After L started his investigation, I genuinely dont understand anything that happened (i have seen the anime, if it matters)

Can you please explain it to me?

seriously

Mia is smarter than L because muh feminism

N is passionate and non objective because muh emotional ebonics

Light is and edge lord cuck and only displays any type of strategic thinking at the flashback scene in the very end before dying.

What else is there to know?

It's do dumbed down even americans understand it.

sure, thanks

but honestly, can someone just give me a general outline of the series of events that occur, and the logic behind them? im not trying to be salty, im just genuinely at a loss

Sup Forums is not the place for actual discussion

>L starts suspecting light
>doesnt tell his dad right away
>L confronts light
>light uses mindcontrol or whatever on wasabi or whatever and L loses his shit
>L confronts light and loses his shit, and raids his house
>before raid, lights girlfriend... steals the book & rips out a page as well
>she rips out the page with wasabis name on it and also another page where she writes that L will die after giving her the book?
>and then.... she tells him for some reason about his plan, and he goes and writes in the book that she will die after receiving the book, and also all that stuff he reveals at the end, about how he WONT die? somehow? and he hopes she wont accept the book, and so she dies but he doesnt, and then L just loses his cool completely and tries to kill light & isnt really THAT relevant to the plot anymore?

...ish?

You're honestly thinking too hard about this piece of trash movie. And I do mean absolute trash.

no problem... but again, what you wanna know?

Its bare bones.

Find book, share with future psychotic smarter gf, start killing. N figures out where what city he's in. daddy goes in public to call for justice after gf kills cops since cuck can't.

cuck can't kill dad. N figures cuck out. Warrant, prom.

psychotic gf writes name of cuck. cuck writes name of gf and that they both will fall and that the page will get burned and that a doctor will put him in a coma and that some pedo will keep on killing for 2 days and then later return the book.

N remembers there is a page missing in gf's book. kills cuck.

What else do you need help with? sincerely.

*she tells him about HER plan

yea, probably
i want it to make sense, though
and im not saying it necessarily DOESNT make sense, its just... well.... does it?

okay, thanks.... yea... okay

so.... um.... she already wrote that he would die but then he wrote that she would die and that he WOULDNT die? and so therefore, her writing his death is cancelled? ........... I GUESS?????

Gf wrote that he would die at midnight and told him so he'd will the book to her (apparently she can't just write "gimme book and die").

cuck wrote that she'd fall from the wheel and die if she touch the book (because apparently you can put IF in the book now), and that the page with his name would fall of and fly into a dumbsterfire (a metaphor for the movie i guess).

his death is cancelled because the page is burned

also... ok so i was a tad drunk when i saw it, but how did L figure out about the missing page? i thought some random pedo picked up the book after GF died & gave it to light? did L ever actually see the book?

He didn't write "if" though.
He wrote "Mia dies when she takes the book from her boyfriend":

yeah... okay... thats... goddamnit, ok.
thanks user, the sequence of events makes sense to me now. its just far more retarded & needlessly convoluted than i thought, despite its simplicity. godamnit movie

cuck told N about a calculus book with the page before latino "chef" beat N and save cook.

N goes away sad, but remembers about it, ask if cuck took calculus: no. ask if cuck's gf took calculus: yes...

Finds page. kills cuck

ah, alright. yeah i remember that

thanks dude!

goddamnit why did they make light such a retard

>THe final showdown between Light and L is L chasing Light around with a gun like a lunatic

lmao

Then it's meaningless because she didn't choose to take the book, it was written.

either he can write IF, or there is no point and his character is absolutely incoherent.

It's very badly written and there is absolutely no real thrilling plot. the only interesting thing that happens is the final move that's shown as a flashback with the doctor and the pedo... and even that doesn't makes sense because of all that needs to happen with the burned page.

glad i could help

He didn't write if though.
You're point is meaningless.

Misa isn't even that smart. Japanese L would've solved this in an afternoon

>American Light and Misa are always together
>Japanese L investigate their backgrounds
>Quickly deduces Misa is the sociopath and Light is the beta but the one with the power
>Arrange so American Misa can see a video where a death sentenced convict threatens to reveal who is Kira to the world.
>If he dies that moment, she has the power, arrest her on the spot. If the guy survives, she will either call Light or go to his house. Tap her phone for the confession then catch American Light and her on the act when they're on their house.

After stealing a car and trying to shoot him twice.

It's like they cast him with certain race in mind.

but hey, he still sits autistic for no reason and ate some candies that one time.

Emotionally invested in his personal maid and morally flexible enough to just kill blondy... What a shitty character

>muh feminism
I'm only 30 minutes in but it's obvious she's light yagami

Who names their child "light? what the
fuck

The dad mentioned Light's mom was a new age hippie

>N
fuck you that made me laugh

He wrote a conditional you fucking idiot.

"she dies when touching the book" meant as "if she touch the book".. otherwise his whole character is deleted.

He wouldn't even need to do any of that since Light just straight up confessed to being Kira the first time they met. I don't see why the movie needed to keep going from there.

What the fuck do you mean?

"Mia dies when she takes the book" in a book that makes the shit that is written in it HAPPEN is not a condition, it's an order.

hi, i'm mia

>hi, wanna see my god tier killing book but promise me you love me because i'm so in love with you i'd do anything please yes?

cuck was MIA, girl was Light, definitely.

Exactly my point!

Ok... the guy loves her because cuck and because she's manipulative, right?

So either he writes "mia dies when she takes the book" as a conditional IF in the sense of "if she takes the book, she dies" because she doesn't love me and i'm so edgy and sad... which makes sense to his shitty character but makes no sense to the deathnote anime.

Or... it's a plain order like "mia dies". She has no agency in taking or not taking the book... therefore his character is nullified. he doesn't love her, he doesn't believe in her and he could have simply kill her in any other wait, shape or form.

I think he meant for her to die, because his alibi is tied to her dying.

What? No. How do you mean?

She needs to die because she knows too much, but her death means nothing. He just needs to be in a coma for 2 days while someone else kills people.

The movie and his dumb dialog in the wheels makes you believe that he didn't want her to die, only if she touched the book (as in, betrays him), but she has no choice because there is no way to write conditionals in the notebook.

And if he means for her to die... then why not kill her and make her confess she was kira all along? why talk about love and whatever in the wheel booth?

wither conditional and the movie makes no sense, or an order and his character makes no sense.

except he doesnt have an alibi cuz he already retard-confessed to L AND his dad

>doesn't have an alibi
>the entire police force now consider L a pariah because he now can't possible be Light

>He just needs to be in a coma for 2 days while someone else kills people.
why even do that if hes gonna confess to his dad the moment he wakes up?
whats the thing that "didnt go according to his plan?"

and yeah his whole "my page burns she falls" all that.... doesnt fit within the scene where he actually seems like he doesnt want her to die. he doesnt act as if though he knows shes gonna take the book and die regardless

And how is she dying in that way (after touching the book) solves anything at all?

the alibi is the 2 days of pedo-kira killing people.

mia's death is meaningless, the way she dies makes no impact on the overall plot...

He didn't write that she refuses the note at first and THEN takes it. He was probably thrown off.

so how does his dad figure it out? and why does he immediately confess? did i miss something?

>so how does his dad figure it out?
He finds the newspaper clipping of the mobster from his safe in Light's room. Apparently he always sorta believed L.

>why does he immediately confess
Because this version of Light is just a dumb kid who thought with his dick. He loves his dad.

shitty dumb movie.
what bothers me is the way he wrote mia dying.

either she has no agency and all his emotional reaction is completely pointless, or she has and all the rules of controlling people go to shit.

>He finds the newspaper clipping of the mobster from his safe in Light's room.
oh, right...........................................

-_-

>>He finds the newspaper clipping of the mobster from his safe in Light's room.

Having a reminder of how your mother's killer die? oh no, you must be a god of death son!

fucking what?

From his (the dad's safe). It's a little suspicious that he would rob his dad like that.

why would he need to do that in the first place?
did he.... not know who killed his mom? but knew his dad kept a hidden picture of the guy somewhere? what

>dad safe

what? wasn't it just a newspaper cutout? why would he have to steal that from a safe?

I thought it was obvious that L didn't kill Light at the end. The way he changed his expression and loosened his fingers before showing Light again, seemed like he changed his mind at the last moment.

Faces are convoluted, please understand.

is there a reason why L suspected that Light was Kira?
is it because he didnt kill his own dad?

I think L was going to write his name down but he realized he would be just like him.
Pretty sure it's open to interpretation but I'm positive that's the cliche they were going for.

its also a set up for a sequel

he straight up says this, so yeah. Are you retarded?

Why do we need multiple threads up at once for this?

No, I thought I missed something else. That was pretty retarded though

It was pretty watered down desu, also okay movie on the whole.

The rape was alright

Wait there is nothing hard to understand in the movie, what the fuck are you people talking about

The ending is a little confusing. In the Ferris wheel, Light acts as if he's set things up so that Mia had a choice about taking the notebook.

But in the finale reveal, everything's written as if the whole scenario included her dying. I say he decided to kill the bitch after she used the notebook without asking for a second time. This is why Ryuk finally approves of him at the end: he's stopped being a cuck and dropped the slut to her death.

It's not so much that it is hard to understand, but characters make so many bizarre leaps in logic and jump to conclusions that they should have no way of reaching far too often that it makes you feel like you missed some better explanation.

I'm amazed at how terrible this was, they really did their best to make sure they did everything wrong.

If the girl's so smart why didn't she take the page with light's name out of the book so he couldn't burn it? And why didn't he burn it at the first damn opportunity? And why didn't he make watari kill himself with a bomb while standing next to the nignog? Or tell him to shoot the first five people he saw indiscriminately (but not his dad) before offing himself?

>dumbsterfire

Couldn't he just find his name and face using the Internet?

light wrote "mia takes the note from her boyfriend and bla bla bla" ( going to focus on the discussed issue ).

what happened in that scene is... explained in the scene by cucklord himself. he states "I thought that if you loved me you wouldn't take the note".

what does this mean? he LITERALLY thought that "the power of love" would somehow negate what is written in the DN. why did he believe that? who the fuck knows? maybe him being in love for the first time had something to do with it.

there's not a bigger picture or a deeper meaning to what happened in that scene, it's just that simple and stupid.

h-hes fast!

>Nigger L
>Steals a police car
>Runs around the city with a gun
>Breaks into people's houses
WTF Netflix?

Probably one of the most rushed movies I've watched.

>N remembers there is a page missing in gf's book. kills cuck.
That doesn't happens, but it does 'implies', as in it pretty much tells you, that L knows how Light was killing people.

I didn't understand why did L think that making a conference will result in him getting killed and by not getting killed he deducted that Kira needs a name and face?
All the killings before this had a motive, making a press conference saying kill me isn't really the MO of Kira.

the virgin run

Why the fuck was Light in such a hurry to get to Mia before midnight so he doesn't die? It would make sense if she had wrote his name on the page she ripped and kept for herself but she wrote it in the Death Note. The same Death Note he currently had. He could have burned the page himself and still keep the book. No need to follow Mia's orders

Because the movie was already half over and they had to get the story moving fast.

so like is there gonna be a sequel or does l kill light and it ends there

because both are retarded but i want more dafoe

Wingard wanted to do 3 movies if this one did well.

Its netflix mang...they aren't going to cuck themselves out of a sequel.

Ryuk is laughing because he knows L wrote Light's name down.

>Light doesn't die in the end

Mainstream American movie writers are such pussies.

Or maybe his dad name.

>Mia is smarter than L
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

Am I the only one here who would suck his dick?

I assume there is a rule about collateral deaths, so he couldn't do the bomb thing. He probably wouldn't have been able to make Watari maim L either.

Though maybe he could have written for Watari to have coerced L to go to a private location where Light could take him out the old fashioned way.

yes. if you're a faggot pls get better taste in men

>those fucking pants
is that justin bieber running?

The problem though is that strippers or whatever died at that night club in Japan, unless Light also wrote down all their names too, they definitely seemed to be collateral damage.

Uhm, sweetie....he's cute af

His girlfriend was literally the antagonist

I really don't see the logic behind any changes they made to the story.
Like why Ryuk tried to influence light
Why light was suppose to be smart but would puss out and confess everything to anyone who would listen (mia and L)
L being a sperg and yelling and smashing shit
All of it made the story worse. What made the show great was the cleverness of the characters and the logic behind their moves. The movie made all the characters dumber and removed the logic behind their modivations and focused more on cool visuals for when ppl died. I'd rather they all just die of a heart attack and focus more on dialogue.

MUH WATARI

FIENDISH LIGHT TURNER, YOU DUN FUCKED UP NOW!

>N is passionate and non objective because muh emotional ebonics
N obviously wasn't in this, right? You're making a nigger joke?

>Get's reprimanded by his superiors after discovering the identity of Kira for all the damage he did chasing a teenager around town with a gun

Sheiiiiiiiiiiiit, whitey won't let me get away with nuthin.

>L Literally has what he needs to kill him or link him to the crime
>Doesn't use it because that would interrupt his dad's out of character moment where he seems okay with his son killing all these people using his police connections despite going on live TV to threaten Kira.

I don't get why Light made that shocked look at the very end. I guess we're supposed to assume L wrote Light's name down but how does Light infer that?

L just pick a random death at a random day at a random location across the world and says its the first Kira murder even though he has no proof of it or even a reason to think that.
Then he just so happens to contact Kiras father. even though the idea hes the only cop in the city doing any real work is ridiculous.
Then he just assumes that if Lights father has access to the criminal database so does Light? Why? Why didnt he suspect other family members of other cops? Why just Light of all people?

All the changes make no sense.
In the original Kira started his killings only in Japan and used same method every time until he thought of switching it up, he was easy to narrow down on the globe.
L used a government and media deal to control the news to pinpoint the region of Japan where he is, and combined that with murder patterns.
And finally Light was helping his father in his investigations, it was well known he could have access.

But in the end they swap all explanations for plotholes for no fucking reason, who ever wrote the script did not understand anything about what was going on.

Honestly better than i expected. I know this is Sup Forums so we need to shit on it but I enjoyed it. The first 30 minutes were pure shit. I couldn't turn off my autism about how Light was not light and a very terrible character Ryuk, was obviously not a passive observer snd he showed Misa the deathnote for no fucking reason and basically had her wear the pants. When L by showed up it picked up and got more light hearted (pardon the pun) fun. I could forget about the source material and just enjoy. The ending was actually clever and unexpected. Between the manga, anime and jap movies I didn't need another deathnote trying to follow source material and so an unexpected ending was interesting. The only subtle change I'd make was the ending. Should of made it so it was a ruse from the second he showed her the deathnote, he never cared about her and just wanted to frame her, leading into the second movie with L somewhat pointed in the wrong direction.

Attention every single faggot in this thread: read the original Death Note manga (for free, online). It's really good.

Dumbasses forcing a meme with N when Near exists. Fucking stupid shits dumber than the idiot who wrote this monstrosity of a media.

yes, less space for the GoT redditors

I'm going to assume the only people interested in the movie are people who read the manga or watched the anime user.
A 100minute faithful movie would be garbage and a waste of time when therr is already a live action trilogy. I think it's more someone had the idea for this based on deathnote.