Be redneck conservative claiming to maintain heritage and hunting wild game

>be redneck conservative claiming to maintain heritage and hunting wild game
>is proud of living off the land, don't need for government
>God, my wife, family, and gun is all redneck conservative claims to need
>has to go to the store to buy bullets, gasoline, bait, buys mostly food extras to cook with, buys hunting and fishing gear, buys sports drinks/tobacco/beer, spends lots on money on "living independent" even though it is complete bullshit.

I can't believe I live in a country surrounded by such fools.

I really would enjoy having a redneck conservative explain this to me. I really do want to understand how people can maintain such obvious contradictions.

I've witnessed so many claiming to be proud of living off the land, but spending well over $40k on boats, trucks, 4-wheelers, and hunting & fishing gear.

I really don't understand it at all.

It may be a contradiction to their core philosophy. But maybe they ARE living off of the land, they just love spending money on toys to keep them entertained out innawoods??

I believe the idea is that because they are comfortable living meagerly and can find enjoyment in life just being with friends and family, doing shit like in the OP pic, and so on that they shouldn't be taxed out the ass to fund government boondoggle projects and such that they have no need or use for.

I live back in the woods, with my wife and the kids, and the dogs. I got a shotgun, a rifle, and a 4-wheel drive. I can plow a field all day long and I can catch real good. As far as making stuff, we make our own whiskey and our own smoke, too. There ain't too many things we can't do
We grow homegrown tomatoes and homemade wine, and I'm pretty sure we can survive.

Pic related; its me.

the dudes are all fat and drunk and the women are 6/10 but not overweight. everyone is white. this is the ideal society.

unless you prefer dicks like the op.

Yes, buying toys and lots of extras they brag about while in the same paragraph brag about being free.

I've seen very few live meagerly. Some buy huge tractors. or whatever at huge expense while listening to country music claiming they could live on their own if they had to.
There is nothing wrong with gathering, having fun of course. Personally I wouldn't want to jump into a pit of disease infested mud, but that's no big deal.
Taxes have to be paid to maintain government, and how they waste it is fine to debate.
I've seen many rednecks suffer a handicap most depending on government just like anyone else who needing it.
Government waste is mostly within the government itself but you have to pay taxes at some level. It's the same as going to see a movie, and the cost of the ticket charged to pay the light bill. To be there you have to pay to keep it going.

I guess country folk can survive

>there is 1 flaw living in the woods so that means we should all live in nigger mexican infested cities

It's their way of life, no 'understanding' necessary
They won't understand your need to be sheltered in concrete while eating soy curds either

I live in a suburb with good ole boys a few miles north and nigs a few miles south. Much rather be neighbors with the good ole boys with there toys then troops of boons with nothing.

>Taxes have to be paid to maintain government

country folk can survive, cause you cant starve us our, and you cant make us run

none of you have meet actual rednecks or hillbillies, just duck-dynasty like rich people pretending to be them.

Go to the actual appalachia, the people there even make their own instruments

Not a jew.
I cook food, live normal, and watch all of my redneck neighbors with several boats, several trucks, several 4-wheelers, dune-buggies, jet skis, dozens of dogs, wild animals they can't seem to feed enough....

Lots of things that need lots of money that again I cannot understand how they can think that could live without places to buy stuff to keep it all going..

>enjoying the outdoors
>it's free
>swimming is exercise
>no drug use besides beer
>there is a black person there, nobody cares of is uncomfortable

Where were you when you realized that rednecks are right about everything?

>Lots of things that need lots of money that again I cannot understand how they can think THEY could live without places to buy stuff to keep it all going..

>you get bonus points for having the high score when you die

Redneck is an more an attitude than it is a specific way of life.

Because a lot of these people have fancy machinery and farming has become streamlined. We have sonar for fishing. Trail cams for hunting. Greenhouses for growing food. It's easy enough to remain efficent alongside a """"'""full time"""""""' 40h a week job if you have any modicum of work ethic. Adding that wages are higher by virtue of declining rural population and the fact that so many of the remaining jobs are in industry or involve a strong back, they have money to burn. Lots of it. Don't blame them for not fulfilling your redneck fantasy. Blame the industrial revolution and bolshevik consumerism

>
Rednecks aren't full-on anarchists. They just have a general distrust for (big) government.

>is proud of living off the land, don't need for government
>has to go to the store to buy bullets, gasoline, bait, buys mostly food extras to cook with, buys hunting and fishing gear, buys sports drinks/tobacco/beer

Somehow not wanting the government and the public sector, people who they will never meet or have mutual interest dictating more and more things in their lives means that they shouldn't excercise their ability to trade with other people in the private sector for what they do want.

>not farming for your herbs and spices
>not farming for your vegetables
>not farming for your meat
>not using a simple crossbow
>not brewing own alcohol
>not riding a horse

>living off land

meth

Calling them rednecks is racist. You should reevaluate yourself.

/thread

>he's never made his own smoker out of a semi truck gas tank and an old trailer

Best damn pulled pork I've ever made.

This.

Rednecks aren't necessarily Hillbillies. Rednecks make a living with physical labor out in the sun (farming, construction, tree trimming, lawn care, etc.); Hillbillies can be rednecks, or blue collar, or on welfare, white collar workers, or none of the above (some simply are self-sufficient and don't receive traditional payment for work at all). The Hillbilly moniker refers to their upbringing, beliefs and community identity; redneck tends to be more of a statement about employment, with less cultural intonation. It's just that most rednecks also tend to be Hillbillies.

Jeff Foxworthy was wrong with his "you might be a redneck" comedy routine; he was really talking about Hillbillies.

Would bang the 6 year old woman/10

You fucking yankees are retarded as fuck. Owning toys to fuck around outside with isn't contradictory to living independent.

I'm not even going to further justify any of this. You people are stupid.

>he doesn't know how to make gunpowder
>he doesn't know how to make fishing lines and hooks
>he doesn't know how to dig worms
>he doesn't know how to brew beer

Rednecks smoke a lot of weed, dude. I've never met anyone around here, LITERALLY ANYONE, that doesn't smoke daily.

Maybe Canuck rednecks are different than Dixie rednecks

What the fuck are you saying? We all know how to do all of this.

You still have to buy lots of extras to make gun powder, fishing lines, and home brewed beer.

Using construction equipment to make a semi truck tank, and an trailer into a smoker, instead of just using a barbecue pit....

>going to the store
>government
sage

>construction equipment
What exactly do you think is needed for making that kind of stuff?

All you have to have is like a few drill bits, something to cut metal with and a welder; which are all commonplace tools in a normal shop.

To be fair I know of literally NO ONE under 25 not doing narcotics of some kind. I believe that is more of an age thing.

Also a barbecue pit is stationary dumbass. You can pull a trailer smoker around easily.

It's called, "Living the American Dream."

You're aware that stores pay taxes, and must function within government guidelines in order to conduct business within the country - hence the government?

Well damn. I guess that makes every single person in America a member of the government because we all pay taxes doesn't it.

Yes, my old man made one out of aluminum. He did it in his spare time at work.

Those taxes and guidelines help the store operate in what way exactly?

Mostly safety, and the supposedly for the protection of the customer so as not to get ripped off, or sold a faulty product.
Come on, you should know the answer to that.

Dependent on the government in some manner, yes.
This must be how people such as you are able to maintain two conflicting activities, by ignoring direct correlation.

More like the government is dependant on us.

You posted this thread with a question I mind and you're reluctant to read any opposition. Your answer is as difficult as you want it to be.
>don't trust big government
>too absent minded to abandon modernity
>openly aiming to destroy health care and lending systems put in place by big city leftists in an effort to push societies collapse, leaving a barren waste land for their genetically superior kids to rebuild, while yours die off in radioactive apartments

>everyone must be proficient at all tasks
literally kill yourself

Those are basically custom made barbecue pits made for travel, not merely just for smoking pork, so that is kind of getting out of the underline topic - rednecks claiming to live free & independent of government dependency while spending lots of money on elaborate extras within government rules.

Said man claims he doesn't need no stinking government, but depends on it to keep business rules intact while spending lots of money.

If you're spending lots of money for extras, you are by no means living off the land. You're basically buying lots of stuff pretending you could have it all on your own if you had to. Complete bullshit.

>hurr why do people buy things they don't need then say they don't need them

>leftists in an effort to push societies collapse, leaving a barren waste land

That's all because of "leftests" right? The way that we live has NOTHING to do with the way our society is dependent on the system, because of technology, and corporate influence?

Leftist talk shit, fine, but that has little to do with how technology has reached a point at which we can't do without it.
You're blaming the wrong people, and never looking at the bigger picture which is the way technology has made us dependent.

your rich ass first world smooth hands don't know shit about being wild and strong.

user, if I claim I am independent, but I still trade with Ned a few miles down the road, how am I still not independent?

See

Trading goods you both purchased? Or constructed items you both made with equipment you've both purchase?

Unless you were able to ore the iron, or steel yourself you're still relying on someone else to make it possible, which means you're NOT independently making it all yourself.

>rednecks
>neighbours

What is your point?
Neighbors can be spelled either way.

Rednecks don't have neighbours

literally everyone at every age that i know smokes weed. the old fucks even more than the young fucks.

>in this thread people who have never met a Redneck or lived in the south

Some do. Even if their land is spread out. I should know because I hear their chickens (that starve which cannibalize each other), their dogs, and the wretched smell of dead animals they kill.

So on top of your incredibly low level of self awareness, you also have little to no reading comprehension skills. Great. I was being facetious because you aren't even entertaining the opinions you asked for. I jokingly said, " 'conservatives' are abusing the systems 'leftists' put into place so the systems will collapse." I said nothing about dependance because technology isnt necessary and brand loyalty is fucking stupid.
I'm not even sure what you mean by "I'm blaming the wrong people." Am I supposed to be blaming the industrial revolution? Modernity? Inventions that take away a need for human strength? Inventions that take away need for human interaction? Because I'd say that's much more of a problem than your blanket corporation standpoint.
You seem to belittle an iPhone because your elders do. You're vain. It's an easy practical way to have a GPS in your pocket. Everything's black and white with you. How big of a city do you live in? Do you wish you could abandon it? Have you or your parents ever received hand outs? Are you projecting the idea that a new age rural citizen buying things he doesn't need is equal to the government propping you up, and that somehow puts you on the sa me level as him?
You seem like a horrible person

Damn I need a pair of denim shorts

Whats the difference if the product I trade from Ned is something ned traded for or made?

least rednecks aren't pretentious.
like insufferable hipster cunts

>read through this thread
>it's just OP trying to rationalize his feelings of inadequacy compared to redneck morons that are more independent and personally responsible than him.

Welp. My own fault.

Conservatives in the past are just as guilty as leftists which you ignore.
When referring to dependency of technology, I wasn't merely referring to smart phones, but in fact our entire way of life including dependency electricity, and buying food from store, (or in a redneck's case buying extra items to hunt for food) which you haven't given much thought.
The topic opener started with a few insults for fun, a little spite to get it going, but in direct conversations I do without insults, which is something I have noticed "rednecks" can't do without.

Look at the bigger picture. The way that we life is bigger than smart phones. That's just the tip. Our dependency is far more reaching and has little to do with left or right politics.
It is an entire system we all gave into.

>The way that we LIVE is bigger than smart phones

>The topic opener started with a few insults for fun, a little spite to get it going, but in direct conversations I do without insults, which is something I have noticed "rednecks" can't do without.

on the contrary. you have no argument so you use ridicule as a crutch

see (you) tomorrow

>everyone is white.

Nope.

Holy shit OP is a fag.

You keep repeating #notallleftists
You're using redneck in a derogatory sense.
You think purchasing bullets is on par with purchasing 500 dollars worth of groceries.
You're acting like tilling the garden instead of hoing invalidates the work put in
You're acting like an under dog intellectual, implying pepole that dont live in mega hubs are the real bourgoise
You're acting like the transition to motor boats from canoes was worse for society than artificially increasing life expectancies. I used smart phones as an example because obviously you don't understand subtext.
And there we fucking have it. "Our" dependance. "We" all gave into.
What's your end goal here? Get people to denounce the simple things that make them happy then what?
Tackle modernity in occupy protests funded by friends of those youre protesting? Abandon the guns and he land that seperate them from you? You have no power here shill.

Sounds like fun. Go fuck yourself

Seen this pic a hundred times and just noticed him and the irish kid.

Who else are they going to hang at the end of the party?

I've presented contradicting ideas that I see expressed by rednecks I cannot make sense of. Still I am met with insults, and no real answer other than -"It's a lifestyle" which makes no sense to me still.

"I live free independent, but buy shit pretending I'm free."

That's the redneck philosophy as far as I can understand.

So paying for things is against 'freedom'?

It sounds to me that you're confusing preppers and "rednecks". In any case you're still wrong about both and it comes from your attempt to generalize two groups you found out about from facebook macros.

I'm pretty sure everyone buys at least some things at the store, unless you go full hermit mode and make all of your own shit. Are you retarded?

All of your arguments assumes I am a "leftist" using the same defense used on "letfists" and more insults.

We're all shills dependent on the system of our way of living. You, and I in the same boat, so to speak.

Technology has advanced to a point at which we rely on it whether we want to or not. Social media talking points are all garbage to me since none of it really addresses anything that changes the system of our complete dependency.
We all depend of electricity, stores, factories to make most of our food, farm factories, everything. You can argue about "leftists" gay marriage blah and everything with that - I don't care.
I care about honesty, how fucked shit really is that has little to do with picking party sides, but looking at the bigger scope of dependency brought on by corporations, and an expanding system.

>>he doesn't know how to make gunpowder

you ever sucessfully done this irl? i tried as a kid, and failed.

No. Depending on others, pretending they could do it all by themselves that is the contradiction.

Redneck logic - I could live off the land without stores for food if I wanted to....first I have to buy over $40K worth of products to hunt, fish, build so as to- 'live off the land'

Being able to survive inna woods doesn't mean you have to live there your whole life and become a crazy mountain man. If society collapses (even temporarily like katrina) I'd much rather be around rednecks than the inner city or suburbs.

I'd agree, but if you live in an area that has such threats it's probably a good idea to always keep your kitchen cabinets stocked with canned foods that can last without electricity until it is turned back on.

Listen mong, you're talking about preppers, not rednecks. And even then there's a wide variety of preppers from people living off the grid for the rest of their lives, to white collar professionals with a fully stocked cabin in the woods. I still don't know where you're pulling this "all rednecks are like this because I say so"

First, if you don't know how to make shelter or kill an animal without a gun, that's your problem. Second, we aren't using the same definition of leftist. Third, why are you blaming corporations? Blame yourself. This is an information age. Theres no reason for you to come here and argue over groups you claim to habe no part of.
You keep trying to say we're of the same ilk. I live far from the American border. I'm left alone by many. I can hunt, fish and garden. Sometimes I don't. Sometimes I drive my quad through the bush. Sometimes I buy beer because i like it more than what I've brewed. These are luxuries afforded to me by society. Sometimes I wonder why I indulge in them. I know I can do without, but I'm not perfect.
You blame your neighbours for buying rather than what? What do you have against their access to market? Simply because they shun over regulation, you believe theyre anarchists? Devoid of morals and honesty.
What's your end goal with this thread? To convince me I'm wrong because I don't buy in completely to modernity or antiquity? Because I enjoy a balance you don't believe I'm honest? Corporations don't make me do shit. My happiness does.

Stop mocking that which you do not understand.

Southern culture is a comfortable & stable thing.

Should you despise it that much move to any one of the massive urban areas in our nation.

Hillbilly are the thing I like most about the states, from a Scottish point of view. Those guys rock.

Give me some hillbilly bros over some city stock trading yank anytime.

If I moved to the states, my primary objective would be to become a hillbilly, and live a good hillbily life.

>Blame yourself

I blames we, which includes both you, ME, and most all of society who all accepted this comfortable way of life WE all went along with.

>I live far from the American border

Then you're not an American redneck, so I shouldn't be discussing anything with you as if you are.

I'm not against anything in a market, I'm dumbfound by those going to a market pretending they could do without a market which is what many rednecks in America do.

Most all rednecks I've encounters, or witnessed all seem to have the same self proclaimed understanding, with an underline value of self worth that they could live on their own in the woods if they had to, and in the same sentences brag about what outdoor gear they've purchased to live on their own off the land.

"I don't need to go to the store for food."
Buys fishing gear, fishing bait, boat....etc....

You sound like a faggot.

WE are NOT the SAME. STOP saying WE are going along with this. I AM NOT EMBRACING IT. I DABBLE WITH IT, I AM NOT DEPENDANT.
>Then you're not an American redneck, so I shouldn't be discussing anything with you as if you are.
Your preconceived notions are only becoming more clear. I don't fit your exact definition of redneck so you won't try to make an example of me anymore. Congratulations on being the stupidest guy I've talked to this month.
>I'm not against anything in a market, I'm dumbfound by those going to a market pretending they could do without a market
Ignoring that many can do without but go with it for simplicity's sake.
You're not worth my time. What does shilling against these people do for you? Are you even paid or are you trying to justify yourself, to yourself? You're ripe with insecurity. You should be in church right now. Not here

>fishing bait
>sounds like
He's the real deal m8

>Senior is the best.

You can buy cool things and live off the land

Are you really having that shit opinion on purpose?

Literally haters gonna hate the thread.

And there ain't nothing you can do about it.

Brainwashing included has been.