This was great and full of visual kino. Why have I never seen any threads for it? Has it flown under Sup Forums's radar?

This was great and full of visual kino. Why have I never seen any threads for it? Has it flown under Sup Forums's radar?

Everyone was whining about the gay sex

i saw the first episode, didnt like it.

anyone reading my post, do you think the show will last?

It stinks, and i don't like it

I'm really irritated by the fact that Neil Gaiman and his wife Amanda Palmer not only refuse to admit that they're Scientologists but lie and actively deny it when evidence exists proving they both are.

the book is good
the tv show is kino but the story and plot is shit
still better than the nihilistic cuck fest which is preacher

>evidence exists proving they both are

Prove it.

Socratic method. YOU prove it. Do your best. Put forth a great effort to investigate and try to prove a claim you yourself don't even believe. Test your own intellect

Fuller's worst.

Yeah it was a little much, you could tell a faggot directed it.

What didn't you like about it? Some of the dialogue is shit and sounds like it's taken straight out of the book, I guess contrived is the right word. But other than that the concept is pretty interesting, I think they carried that over well from the book at least.

I don't see how that affects the quality of his work but okay.

There were threads while it was airing but they mostly focused on complaining about the pacing and Emily Browning's character.

But yeah, the show was good. I loved Mr Nancy all the new gods and the maximalist style.

> Socratic method

lol, such bullshit. How about "onus probandi"?

once upon a time for edgelords

Shit was really bad. I wanted to like it but everything about it was shit.

I just want you to try. Will you even try to argue from a different perspective from your own? Will you challenge yourself?

I could easily post a bunch of proof, because it really exists and I'm not making this up.

at first i dug the brain fuck, but then it just flatlined? idk how to explain.

maybe it was trying to hard?

The only way I can explain is that it had the visual style of Spartacus but was fused with pseudo bullshit? It doesn't work for me.

No barefooted waifu goddess

Browning was the worst, I don't see how we're supposed to sympathize with a depressed slut who deliberately tries to kill herself with a cock in her mouth to spite the only person who truly loved her. But then her performance as the Irish ancestor was actually decent, like she suddenly learned how to act. That was my favorite episode.

See, I like her. I think she's a complex character. Reprehensible, sure, but interesting.

Nobody much talks about Amazon (outside of Sup Forumsstormbro's screen grabs of you know what).

Hand of God, comfy Bosch, Comrade Detective... all our little secrets.

>(outside of Sup Forumsstormbro's screen grabs of you know what).
What?

DUDE GAY MUSLIM SANDNIGGERS LMAO
DUDE BLACK NIGGER WOMAN EATS MEN WITH PUSSY LMAO

I think I know what you mean, like when the Irish douche keeps pulling coins out of the air. I was almost rolling my eyes because it's like the show is banging us over the head with the fact that there's gods among us and they can do anything, when we can understand it straight away. But I think they're aware of it since the main character is basically on the verge of a mental breakdown by the end of the season because of all the weird shit that's happening.

>I don't see how that affects the quality of his work
>show about American Gods
>no mention of LRH
>at all, ever, and there never will be

I don't see how a distributor would have any effect on the scope of people discussing a show in the modern world.

L. Ron Hubbard? I don't think he's the god of Scientology, isn't it Xenu or something? My knowledge of it doesn't extend past that South Park episode.

Then you'd have to accept their offerings are a little sub par.

Or their interns are above shilling. Who knows.

I really enjoyed it. Never read the book but I was baffled how Shadowmoon didn't know he was Odin from day 1. Apparently he was well read but couldn't recognize the most obvious traits of Mr. Wednesday? Still some great performances and the whole conceit of old vs new in the show. Also Gillian Anderson is fucking hot in it.

kys

>But I think they're aware of it since the main character is basically on the verge of a mental breakdown
you mean the black dude? i knew he was losing his shit in the first 10 minutes. i seen a good chunk of the first 2 episodes and i wasnt impressed. saying what i just said though, i might just watch the rest just for intrigue.

dont listen to commie and false flaggers

I think this show proved that American God only works as a book, the story just isn't fit for adaptation

The only Amazon meme worthy was The Man in the High Castle.

Nah, Xenu brought a bunch of aliens to earth and massacred them, so their thetans attach to people and cause them spiritual harm.

I guess in relation to christian mythology, that makes him the snake in the garden of eden.

Scientology adopts the concept of a "supreme being" but it doesn't really clarify what that is. But Hubbard would be like a Jesus figure.

LRH is Source. All Scientologists will deny he is god but will hip hip hooray and roman salute his picture and reserve rooms in every SHSO for him with his favorite cigarettes.

>laura should be in more scenes
>whenever laura isn't in a scene all the characters should ask "where's laura?"

cringe

It gets way better, but it literally slowly builds the entire season to the point where it finally gets really good at the final scene of the last episode. Next season should be dope, but yeah, I definitely recommend it.

Nigger we've been over this. Scientologists don't pray to LRH for gifts and favor and LRH is attributed no abilities that cannot be attained by any other Scientologist. So by the show's own logic, LRH ain't shit.

It isn't much of book. Opening it up should be more entertaining given the talent involved.

>I guess in relation to christian mythology, that makes him the snake in the garden of eden.
lol not even close

There were multiple threads every week

It was written at the turn of the century. Not everyone had internet back then.

I've read all of Gaiman's stuff and this is the best of his books, so I was stoked for the adaptation.

It just didn't work, the pacing was uneven, the lead actor is shit tier with no presence. The side stories about the different gods were confusing to anyone who hadn't read the book. There was a very strong SJW vibe running all the way through it which was really offputting.

Ian McShane is nearly always Kino but I started to find him irritating as fuck after a while chewing through these long expositional speeches.

>literally a quarter of a story: the season
I was annoyed that it ended how it did, but otherwise it was really good. Some great characters, the world is weird and interesting, and the New Gods are great. Technical Boy's introduction was the best thing and totally sold me on the series.

The only thing that bothers me is that the Old Gods in the New World are less representative of themselves - who in America would imagine Odin as he is? Or a leprechaun as a tall person? Wouldn't they become more and more stereotypical as people generalised them down to their core concept?

>First episode is an ugly nigger unbirthing a fat old guy
Really

I enjoyed although some of the side plots were boring and could've been easily skipped. I'd still say that the first season was kino but I'm afraid that this is the kind of show that gets shittier with every new season.

Wait till you get to the gay muslim genie sex.

i heard leprechauns being little was a more Americanized thing.

and sweeny was more of an old world god..

with fuller its usually the opposite

more of**

I painfully watched the first eposide, second one was such nonsense garbage that I fast forwarded and dropped the show.

tldr: it's shit

>show doesn't immediately explain to my raisin brain what's going on so it's shit

I'd rather just read the book first.

unwatchable

>not explaining
nothing to explain when it's all nonsense boring garbage, I really liked the start of the first episode and by the end it turned to dogshit

How can you even assume that it's all nonsense if you didn't even watch past episode 2?

Fuck off.

you fuckoff with your gay loving trash show

Insightful

WE WUZ GODS N SHEIT USA USA USA

Hello amazon pr employee

The visual horseshit bores me. It's like a fucking guitar solo every show for 30 minutes I don't give a shit about it. It's just CGI assholes wacking off. I didn't like it in Hannibal, I don't like it in American Gods. I'm over Graphic Novels in video. I'm not 20 anymore.

Why didn't you just say right off the bat that you hate this because of the gay scene? I wouldn't even had to reply to you.

Some here said it right:
The book was written by someone who loves America, the show was made by someone who hates America and couldn't grab the partly subetly of the book.

Was anyone else completely enamoured by Easter?

Didn't much care about the main characters. Other than that, I'm still hung up about Hannibal and some of the visuals hit too close to home to enjoy.

White man is evil, the tv show.

Direct changes from the book that come directly to mind, turning main character black and having him LYNCHED by white dolls in the very first episode, white christians shooting mexican immigrants and a mexican jesus, created a whole new god for the tv show who of course was evil and white and ruled a whole town of exlusively white people who worshipped guns.

Subtle as a brick, nothing but (((propaganda))) disguised as a tv show.

Happy to see the ratings were tanking throughout the season.

She was adorable.
Suprised she didn't have anything negative to say about the way laura died but whatever.

>and couldn't grab the partly subetly of the book.

You lost me

Mr.Wednesday is fantastic though and the visuals weren't just like hannibal either,it remminded me of pushing daisies a lot personally.

Its like the perfect mix of both.

There were threads after every episode you blind fuck. But yeah, great show, hoping it doesn't get cancelled.

gay scene was just part of it, like I said first part when he gets out of jail and all was cool then it turned to complete shit with all the nonsense edgy trash and the gay scene just made it worse, if you put gay shit at least put in some hot chicks as well

you know its based on actual mythology right?

Anyway, the show isnt very good. Awful plot and pacing. Character development about as enthralling as french art movies. Granted, the books werent much either. Fairly lackluster, saved only by the Odin character and the desire to see which god or mythic entity youre gonna meet next, which was certainly entertaining. Shadow was more enjoyable on screen than in the books. He had a very shallow and uninteresting character in the latter. The show is visually bleak, grey and exotic all in a good way, but thats all it has going for it. Otherwise its a total bore.

The egyptian gods were my favorite in the book, quite a small part but they were pretty interesting.

I think Sweeney was just as entertaining as Odin personally.

No it's just in the sweet spot. It's not bad, so people don't feel the need to post how much they like it, but it's also not good enough for people to feel like they'd look cool if they said they hated it.

>but it's also not good enough for people to feel like they'd look cool if they said they hated it
You must have missed those threads then.

It was well made, but for some reason unpleasant to watch

But was Shadow some native american deity? I always imagined he was a native american. Who else would be named Shadow?

He's actually Odin's son.

Native americans don't names like that either IIRC,that's just our romanticized imagining of them.

I didn't have a problem with the actor though.

Shadow has a black mother and a white father.

>scientologists
I didn't know that, but I already considered Gaiman as a crypto-fascist.

>Browning's perky tits
>Browning playing a god-tier bitch
>virgins ITT hating on her

I watch The Last Samurai and get Gaijins
I watch American Gods and get Gay Djinns

Gay dijins>weebs