The atlantic wall

would the atlantic wall had worked if rommel had been in charge of it since the beginning ?
if not what could have made the wall able to push back the allies ?

how can a wall push someone back

>he think the atlantic wall was a literall wall and not just a name

burger education strike again

Rommel wasn't much of a defensive planner.

But the wall could have worked if it was adequately manned - if memory serves, only third-tier troops were left, and less than the defensive complex was built for.

well he was the one that took the decision to use smaller bunkers system to have more firepower and to place all the anti-tank and anti-boat défenses on the beach sand itself

If operation overlord had failed, all of Europe would have fallen to the commies.

That's retarded, non-nation. It was clearly a defensive scheme.

americans would have probably tried a full scale assault from italy and South of France if the atlantic assault had failed

If Dday failed the Western Alliance probably would have fallen apart. The embarrassment of failure and the reception back home would've been enough for America or Britain to go to the negotiating table.

rommel is a Generalfeldmarschall, he fights offensive

>If Dday failed the Western Alliance probably would have fallen apart. The embarrassment of failure and the reception back home would've been enough for America or Britain to go to the negotiating table.

I assume you mean negotiations with Stalin. The alliance wouldn't have fallen but the Reich wouldn't have lasted either. With a failure you're looking at a much longer, nastier war but ultimately one that would have resulted in a much stronger USSR presence in Europe.

Probably the man knew his stuff and the wall would have been better prepared and contingency plans would be in effect.

I think the main reason the assault wasn't repulsed was the reluctance of Panzer divisions being deployed to counter attack since no one wanted to bother Rommel; which afterward he was pissed about I think.

Storming a beach and truly creating a beachhead from which to punch through are different to each other. If the armor or counter-attack happened right away and destroyed one of the beachheads the results for the landings could have been vastly different for the Western allies. Commies would have had a longer fight ahead of them though and might have been forced to slow their advance or even sue for peace if the Western allies decided to do so after that failed landing.

Not necessarily. Stalin would've been so furious at DDay failing that he probably would have totally distrusted the allies to help him in anyway in Western Europe, and written them off all together. This would have been a huge blow to allied morale, and the people back home would be horrified from a defeat of that magnitude. Also this would be just the victory the Germans needed, a huge morale boost.

I predict that Germany would have had the upper hand in negotiations with the allies.

^ this, by june of 44 the russian were already in poland. The germs fate had already been sealed.

I've been in Normandy since my mother is from there so I've seen Omaha beach and when you see a 2 meters wide concrete wall completely wrecked, well you realise that no matter the fortifications the germans didn't stand a chance

The Soviets would have suffered the same logistical fates pushing much further that Germany did in Russia, especially since the Germans would not have been stretched thin by two fronts.

Really not likely to make a wall that could cover such a hge area be all that effective. The much more important aspect to preventing the invasion would be the counter attack, the wall only really can realistically slow down the invasion, because the allies have the benefit of focusing where and how much of their forces they want, The german reaction is where victory was decided. American and British air superiority made it very hard for armored forces to counter attack the beaches along with deception and mis communication.

If they wanted a hope, air supperiority and not falling for the deception would have been needed

You're delusional.
Russia had already pushed back the Germans all the way to Poland, most of the well trained/veteran German troops were dead.
The allied bombing campaign was in full force and unrestricted, the Luftwaffe was essentially non existent at that point.
All the German industrial complexes laid in ruins and the cities that surrounded these complexes were carped bombed and fire bombed into a pile of ruins.
There is no way Germany could push back the Russians at that point, they had no air support whatsoever, and they were outnumbered 1 to 10 in most battlefields.

It fell to the kikes instead, good job fucking tools

Assuming D-Day Failed, allied forces in Italy would've moved into the South of France. Rather then a East/West Germany it would probably be a North/South France situation. Or all of Germany would be under Soviet control, and the line of East/West would be France.

>would the atlantic wall had worked if rommel had been in charge of it since the beginning ?
No, not with all else being equal.

>if not what could have made the wall able to push back the allies ?
Probably a tripling or quadrupling of German industrial capacity, a competent Luftwaffe, and a neutralized Eastern front (which would have freed up considerable men).

The invasion wasn't a problem of having the wrong shaped bunkers or an inadequate leader, if that's what you're asking.