Why is Spanish architecture so different from other European countries...

Why is Spanish architecture so different from other European countries? It's more like Hispanic architecture which isn't as artistic and sophisticated as European buildings.

Attached: 800px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png (800x533, 38K)

it looks same to me

are you white?

?

Architecture in Spain is far superior to any other European country I’ve been to including my own

Rural towns are basically just cleaner versions of Mexico. Nothing special. And the cities almost look third world with how terribly planned they are

>Spanish architecture resembles that of the countries Spain once colonised.
Woah. Have you also noticed the Spanish language strongly resembles what's spoken in Central and South America too?

So are you talking about city planning or architecture

Moorish influence

>which isn't as artistic and sophisticated as European buildings
u wot m8?

Attached: Atardecer-en-la-plaza-de-España2.jpg (1000x465, 179K)

Spain had far more time to develop though. It shouldn't look like a Latin American slum.

Both. The buildings are practically on top of each other and it looks like they attempted to go with the Italian style of city planning but failed massively.

>The buildings are practically on top of each other

What does this mean

Will attach pics soon, hold on. Skimming Google Maps.

What is this, Guatemala? Oh wait, that's Spain. A supposedly "first world" country.

Attached: "europe".png (2352x1222, 3.38M)

m8 those are just old as fuck towns in the middle of nowhere where only 70+ year old people live. All of southern Europe has places like this

Just wait til I find a "city".

> houses in hot sunny places close to the Mediterranean are painted white and have flat rooftops instead of pointy rooftops typical of snowy places
I'm shocked, SHOCKED

I can also find old and ugly streets in every single city in a first world country

>It's more like Hispanic architecture which isn't as artistic and sophisticated as European buildings.

Attached: 1519299823060.png (350x420, 91K)

Yeah because Florida is totally like this, right? Or Indonesia, the Philippines, Australia, etc...No excuses.

I can't find the city I was looking at a few days ago but it was horrendous. It looked like a poor Chinese village with small alleys and electrical wires hanging everywhere.

Try some random street in Cadiz

It was either along the northern coast or Canary Islands. I forget. But I've seen many cities like that in Spain which look like they'v ebeen taken over by the worst of society.

The north looks different, in the south you can find white or yellow old houses with poor looking infrastructure

Decided just to search Google Images for "streets of Spain" and there's plenty of examples of shitty areas.

Attached: street-view-of-the-narrow-streets-of-rota-spain-ETKNR5.jpg (1300x956, 301K)

Madrid literally looks like it was pulled out of some Southeast Asian city, and that's not a compliment.

Attached: gran-via-street-madrid-spain-september-view-one-main-streets-most-famous-landmarks-city-september-44 (957x1300, 285K)

You are just associating poor conditions in Hispanic America with the colonial architecture typical of the Spaniards during that period.
Literally nothing wrong in that pic. Only, very old buildings that are not public structures like churches or institutions.

ok nice b8

Attached: fry.jpg (400x400, 14K)

No, I like Hispanic architecture. But it doesn't belong in Europe. It looks ugly amongst everything else. At least the environment of places like Chile make sense with this type of architecture.

I am really waiting for a picture of a SEA city that looks like that...

So? There’ this shit in villages in france but it’s extremely comfy
We do have some pretty good stuff in big cities and other old villages built around castles though

wtf? retard

>cities almost look third world with how terribly planned they are
kek

Attached: barcelona.jpg (640x800, 126K)

Basically a bunch of overcrowded buildings with no order. It looks like a sci-fi city where they tried to mix old European architecture with modern scalability and thus it looks like an apocalyptic steampunk kind of city or something.

Attached: shenzhen-china-city-aerial-view-AKGT16.jpg (1300x956, 280K)

it's beautiful than you think i kind of like spaniah architecture

>canadian
hahahahaha oh man, let him talk no worries.

What is the name of that northern city that Brits like to travel to during the summer? The city I'm thinking of was somewhere around there.

Yeah, look how shit this looks

Attached: universidad-laboral-gijon.jpg (1024x676, 529K)

>Spaniard architecture looks like Latin American architecture
Oh shit really??? I could have sworn it was otherwise...

Attached: ss (2018-03-15 at 03.22.31).jpg (1256x943, 377K)

do not bully spen

Attached: 1472633025537.jpg (666x607, 58K)

A fail to see any old European architecture style here.

It's not the style, it's the way the cities are designed. They look like someone vomited on the landscape. Compare that to Italy or France, they are much better.

Spanish cities are the NYCs and Chicagos of Europe. They look good to an outsider but in reality they're high density, full of shitty people, dirty streets and rundown buildings.

If you told me this was in India, I'd believe you.

Attached: stock-photo-aerial-view-of-plaza-redonda-round-square-in-valencia-spain-453920317.jpg (450x320, 69K)

this

pajeet, wait for the late evening if you want to bait spaniards, most of us are sleeping

no but seriously
old islamic architecture is the shit
the moors were there for a couple hundred years
they built buildings
sure, many mosques were torn down but some influence still remains
and i'd say it's for the better

Even us will agree that if there's one thing you can't take away from Spain is their architecture.

rural towns where?
towns/cities from northern spain(pic) look nothing like southern spain
and the poor planning is mostly due to most cities being older than your country. you can even clearly identify old medieval walls in the layout of some cities if you look at maps.

Attached: DSC00915.jpg (2048x1536, 1.39M)

why are all canadians either Sup Forumsfag dense fuckers or lefty dense fuckers?

Attached: catedral-de-santiago-de-compostela_1088561.jpg (980x653, 190K)

Spain and Italy look really similar. I feel at home in their rural towns

You don't know shit about Europe, stupid leaf nigger.
Go around any poor area of Europe and you will find the same ugly buildings. Not everything was built like a fucking cathedral.

And wait to discover zones touched by industrialization. Perhaps then you will stop having this larper fantasy about Europe you seem to have.

This is such a stupid thread.

Attached: Alhambra, Spain.jpg (1500x844, 124K)

Attached: Granada, España.jpg (1478x946, 1020K)

Attached: Granada, España.jpg (1688x1125, 395K)

Attached: Toledo, España.jpg (1920x1080, 1.21M)

word plus they are disgusting shitskin.They are everywhere here in our small meme land

Attached: Alcázar de Segovia, España.jpg (1280x853, 286K)

Might as well post Mecca

Plaza Espana was build in 1900s it’s pretty much Disneyland tier

Attached: 1504104151853.jpg (2272x1704, 442K)

I have a collection of pictures from around the world, nature, cities, and whatnot, but I don't have a single picture from the Netherlands desu

Attached: Ronda, España.jpg (1000x665, 1.4M)

You misunderstood me. Alhambra was build by a foreign ruler. It’s not really ‘Spanish’
Also if you have 0 pictures of Dutch architecture in an architecture folder you’re clearly a pleb.

Stupid paki

t.walloonian

Its cultural comfyness. A north american would never understand.

Every time I see Dutch Architecture get posted it is something like this

Attached: Zaan-Hotel-16.jpg (958x1500, 291K)

meme tier

Attached: 1512027823481.png (784x800, 217K)

Then nothing is spanish as spain as a nation was formed in the 16th century....

Really Spain is a mixed Arab shit, I always looked like the dump of Europe and I have 90% Italian genes

>foreign ruler
At this point they were just muslim spaniards

>t.diego gonzález

>Spanish architecture
>not sophisticated

how did this bait get so many replies?

It rains a lot more in those places than it does in Spain

Foreign enough to get kicked out of Spain by the founders of Spain

Architecture student here
Imagine being so fucking ignorant
Spain is the third most important european country from an architectural perspective, a shitton of interesting stuff has happened there.

First you got the roman hispanic architecture, then the mudejar, then the barroco español (which is fucking gorgeous) a.k.a salomonic architecture, then you got the spanish colonial architecture and then you got the renaixenca and the spanish modernisme.

You are just a retard OP

And your point is?...

I feel both you and the leaf in this thread have a really artificial relationship with the meaning of culture, making it all political and bland, everyone has a right to an opinion but you two look like proyecting some kind of grudge or something.

You could have messed with anything else in this country and the very spaniards would agree like usual, but our architecture?

Nigger please what said.

nvm it was a shitty bait thread i feel stupid for replying to it

>the barroco español (which is fucking gorgeous)
Glad to hear it, i thought i was the only one

Attached: 1504603401059.jpg (406x474, 27K)

this thread is pure dogshit even for Canadian standards

To be fair, we are more easily triggered if foreigners shittalk our food.

>Canadian education in action

I love Spain and Andalusia in particular (will go there for 3 weeks in May to visit pretty much every picture posted here.
I am just saying that Moorish architecture=/=Spanish architecture.

m a d r i d

>whites claim spaniards are moors
>spanish architecture is not spanish but moorish

make up your mind already

Attached: berber white love.jpg (757x589, 29K)

Shit HDR indeed.

>tfw spain forever ruined because of a failed relationship
>tfw can't even look at amazing pictures like this without crying

Post more pics

>leaf posters
meh

m8, you have just diarrhea:ed yourself infront of everyone itt, might take the cake of usa

spen is frien

Attached: Aviles.jpg (1024x644, 255K)

OP is a moron, but at least this thread is full of nice pics.
God writes straight with crooked lines.

foreign ruler

hispanic musilms were not foreigner

Muslim influence.

some muzzie archi is not only good, its fucking amazing

Attached: iran mosque dmt.jpg (880x606, 475K)

>someone will claim bosnians arent white because they worship arab religion instead of jew on stick religion
The only variable in any sort of civilization in Islamic Spain were the Iberian natives who lived more or less the same.

Muslim is a religion of completely different cultures and people, Malaysians and Sudanese, Somalians are Muslims.

Attached: Bosnian-Fans.jpg (1280x853, 204K)

Attached: burgos.jpg (680x608, 120K)

Attached: covarrubias.jpg (1600x1200, 298K)