Will Netflix release a statement acknowledging the criticism or will they try to sweep it under the rug?

Will Netflix release a statement acknowledging the criticism or will they try to sweep it under the rug?

>release a statement acknowledging the criticism
what the fuck
no one does that

Say what you want about Ghost in the Shell, but at least ScarJo kind of looked like the Major. This is just laughable

Who altright here?

i was forced into giving it a thumbs up when normally i would have given it 2 stars

"Sorry our film adaptation sucked."

- Netflix

Ghost in the Shell was a half assed attempt but at least they kind of tried to adapt the original premise.

Death Note was genuinely disorienting to me at points. What a shit show.

They spent 40 million dollars trying to further their image as the cool media for millenials and ended up embarrassing themselves and tarnishing their reputation. I feel like they'd want to acknowledge that it was a mistake and and let people know they intend to do better in the future.

pretty much everyone except me and like 2 other dudes who are probably both asleep.

this place is like a nazi dick sucking contest

>release a statement acknowledging the criticism

Do you think companies do this?

I think it's so funny how you guys think your approval means jack shit to anyone. It doesn't.

The overall adaptation was pretty bad, but what I thought was interesting (to me at least) is that after a while I stopped noticing "L" was black... as he kinda nailed the character.

Death Note had big problems, but dude nailed the performance.

Wasn't the reception alright, considering the incredibly low expectations?

Sorry, I didn't necessarily mean release an official statement. I just meant do you think they'll publicly acknowledge it? Like do you think they'll give any info on their internal feelings about it to the press? Talk about how this effects their future plans? Or will they just ignore it entirely.

>Or will they just ignore it entirely.

Which is what every organisation ever should do in all circumstances regarding negative feedback desu

>Ghost in the Shell
>Oh no 17 angry chinks on twitter are butthurt about ScarJo, quick release a statment

just fucking ignore them... why are you paying attention to 0.00000001% of the worlds population who tapped out a twitter message while taking a shit

"I think it's so funny how you guys think that while Netflix is fighting to maintain it's dominance in online media as similar platforms are gaining popularity, and all media giants are moving into their domain, would care what it's customer's think about their programming."

You're a moron.

No he fucking didn't at all

>I don't kill people!
>writes his name in the note at the end

Wut? She looked like the bloated Fatman from Dune.

The fact that it's a one off speaks volumes. If Netflix saw longevity they would've extended it into multiple seasons or movies.

Who fucking cares, it's just a bunch of nu-cuck weeaboo fags flinging their feces at their basement walls. And the SJW "muh White washing" dumbcunts. Don't like the US version, watch the Jap cringefest one instead you cry baby faggots

> statement acknowledging the criticism
laughed hard

Fucking animefags. Go back to Sup Forums and never come back.

Can somebody explain to me how L knew that Light was Kira? I either missed him deducing it or he just pulls it out of his ass

I mean the whole "He's from Seattle the Hostage Situation was on a local channel" makes 0 sense. What if Light was from Boston but just googled "ongoing hostage situation" or some shit. Jesus

How bad is the movie, I mean is it even worth watching?
I watched the anime but don't really care how faithfully they adapt it because it turns to shit after the first 15 episodes or so

Worth a watch, but def nothing special. Some decent gore scenes which surprised me. The movie is very young-adult cheesy and then someone's head explodes.

He deducted that the hostage situation was his first kill (the salute gives it away that something weird was going on) so it would be something local for the killer since it'd be the first thing it sees on their TV. L knew everyone that had access to the local police database as well. Also, he knew the whole Kira=Killer=Light defintiion.
Also, it's a kid's movie, who fucking cares.

After this, L planted info about those two chink gangs on a server in Seattle. When they died, that confirmed L's hunch that Kira was there.
It's about the only good bit of detective work in this movie.

Was the worst part about it the nigger?

Not even close. Light was an annoying beta.

>HBO released a statement apologising for True Detective S2
>S2 was actually better than S1, but normies hated it because it was different and 'confusing'
People saying no one acknowledges criticism are idiots, almost to the same extent as HBO.

Well...I'm white and I don't hate myself.

Does that count?

>acknowledging the criticism
Did they do it for any of those shitty Sandler movies or Iron Fist? They don't care as long as people watch it.

Light was a beta bitch in the anime too, m8.

Why would they? I've seen every adaptation of the Death Note manga and this one by far was the most enjoyable precisely because it wasn't a 1:1 copy and instead went back to the basics of the premise and did its own thing. It felt a bit like a B movie at times but that was charming.

Will they ask for forgiveness for racebending like Marvel did in Dr Strange?

>make a movie about a shitty manga

>become mad when it turns out it's bad

i still don't understand how people defend this crap, it's fucking horrible and nothing else

This is an adaptation that relocates the story to the US, so it's normal for the characters to not be Japanese. When the Japanese adapt an American story the same way, the characters become Japanese.

Before the culture wars started, this was common sense.

>Ghost in the Shell
>Worldwide: $169,801,921
>Production Budget: $110 million
>just fucking ignore them...
Maybe it was a mistake.

No, he was not. Light in the manga/anime is known to be a huge egocentric asshole with delusions of grandure, he's highly skilled in manipulating people and cares about no one but him and his legacy as a '''''God'''''. Movie Light is a huge faggot that shows the book at the first person he sees in order to get some pussy, backfires and MisaMisa ends up becoming Light and Light becomes MisaMisa.

The Japs don't really seem to give a shit who gets cast as these cartoon characters and it's SJW/weaboos in the US getting assmad over it.

>roasties ruin everything the movie

why did they ruin light

alright thanks still doesnt explain why he knew it was light

Anime characters are white

Because Kira didn't kill Light's dad. Especially after killing 12 innocent FBI agents.

Why wouldn't Kira kill Light's dad?

No they aren't.

that roastie wrecked his character because they wanted a teen movie

Everyone is a jap in the anime except for L and associates.

Could be literally anybody working in the Seattle PD that likes the guy.

so what was the least worse adaptation? Ghost in the shell or Death note?

At least the soundtrack was good at parts

It is ok to make Kira white. Just not jew school loser.
And black L. Sorry, this is just too unrealistic.
Genius black sociophobic detective? Really?

There have been highly intelligent black characters for a long time in American movies and shows.

Original black characters or just more blackwashing?

>it's ok to make kira white just not jew
>btw fuck black people
mmm

It was pretty clearly established that no one in the Seattle PD liked him.

Light... a beta in the anime? A handsome young student on the top of his class who dresses well and has every chick wanting to suck his cock the second they meet him... is beta? The guy was the total opposite of a beta.

>so it would be something local for the killer since it'd be the first thing it sees on their TV
He literally doesn't see it on TV though, he googles a stream. The writers just took L's argument from the original manga, without adapting it to realities of modern world, even though the other scene DID adapt to the internet age, thus rendering L's deduction moot. Embarrassing.

L's entire gimmick is being a disgusting white guy, though.

He's greasy, unwashed, pale as fuck because he never goes outside, and has bags under his eyes. He has EXPLICITLY white features, because the way L is designed is to enhance that he's a nasty autist.

Black L is just black.

Actually, you can find a lot of black characters in manga or anime.
But they are never smart. Just good at physical things.

Both.

It wasn't

>L's entire gimmick is being a disgusting white guy, though.
L is asian in the anime and manga.
He passes for Japanese and attends university under a Japanese name to no remark.

He's literally a British orphan.

I just remember black hacker form Transformers 1.
Ad it was cringy as fuck.

Smart black characters = not believable.

Nobody was complaining before the culture wars. And what do you expect filmmakers to do, declare that they won't cast blacks in smart roles because IQ statistics said so?

>And what do you expect filmmakers to do
Stop blackwashing.

Casting a black actor to play a smart character is not blackwashing.

Casting black actor to play white character just because literally blackwashing.
What benefits we have from him as black? Story benefits?

and guess what skin color japanese people have, woaw

I thought it was good outside of L's japanese

Not all characters are pre-existing ones and white.

Watching it right now what am I in for?

It looks very all American. Chick from the Leftovers it can't be all bad. Wait, is Light doing people's homework for them? The fuck.

>used practical blood effects, not a hint of that lame default cgi blood
>ryuk was actually neat and was all practical, though they hid him in the shadows so you couldn't see how jarring and obvious that would have been

Other then that, it was pretty boring and generic, even if it did interest me a few times. Its annoying people are STILL upset over the casting, even though that wasn't an issue at all with why it wasn't that great. Anime film adaptions happen ALL the time in Japan, they just don't come here or get picked up because of how distribution and Hollywood works. Plus, they make those weird films for them. I love seeing shit adapted into Americanised forms because of how different the approach is, I just wish weebs would get all up in arms about how they couldn't have some fabled Japanese actor flown from Japan to star in some shitty film to play LIGHT TURNER

It's a high school teen movie with a death note.
Then L shows up and it becomes a pretty half assed adaptation.

And what benefits him from being white, I wonder? If this fella had been white the story would've been exactly the same, except for your chimping out about how unrealistic a black genius is.

you need to do a mind switch and think that Misa is Kira and Kira is Misa

>And what benefits him from being white
he would look more like L

>smart black characters = not believable
>forgetting the masterperformance of Richard Ayoade in Garth Marengthi's: Darkplace

Ghost in the shell was just boring, I didn't pay enough attention to remember any more details, but it was just an all around underwhelming movie. Death Note is laughably stupid.

More faithful to a source material.
And white person looks more realistic. He is also from rich british family.
Why change skin color and alienating existing fanbase? To push your agenda?

they won't care and will produce a sequel

Light just got beaten up. He got detention for doing other kids homework and didn't even have to give up the names he sold it to.

Is that how American school justice is? Does not seem fair.

You forgot:

WATARI

It's an American adaptation set in America. There are blacks in America. Blacks are often characters in shows and movies.

being an autist like L is explicitly a white character trait

He really really wasn't.

He spent most of his time alone but it was implied that off-screen he was pretty popular and had a lot of friends and girlfriends.

You just wouldn't know them because they all live in Canada.

ye it's a shame isn't it

>White britbong
>Realistic
This isn't set in the 80s

Why the fuck did they cast this kid he's fucking ugly. I never see people getting bullied like this.

He even says so in the anime to Ruyk when he goes out on a date with that girl from his class to stage the bus scene with Ray Penbar.

"Believe it or not, Ryuk, I'm quite popular."

He isn't supposed to be a beta bitch that looks like a school shooter, but the total opposite of that.

Did this ugly ass Light Turner look like Yagami Light? Did Mia look like Misa Misa?
>More faithful to source material
This crap adaptation has nothing to do with the manga nor the anime, it's a pure travesty. Also in the movie it is stated that L's origins are just like Near and Mello.

Their goal with the autist was to create a more flawed character because Light was a Gary Stu in the anime. The anime Light was also a pretty bland character.

>The anime Light was also a pretty bland character.
He was a genius and it was interesting to see, how bad guy winning.

That's fair, Japan has a big hard-on for projecting "perfect" characters, especially in Anime, the plot-writing of which is generally an under-the-table-handcrank for fixing the authors' fucked up Jap childhoods.

Two 18 year old bro's casually beating up a girl in broad daylight on the sidewalk in front of school. Typical bullies.

This rote obsession with "flawed" characters is getting really tiring.

>Their goal with the autist was to create a more flawed character because Light was a Gary Stu in the anime

He wasn't, he was very smart but his main flaw was his vanity.

In episode 1 o 2 he commits his first mistake by killing "Lawliett Eliott" and falling right into L's trap by revealing he's in Japan. And the goes on to commit even more mistakes.

Its also implied he was gay YAGAMI = IM A GAY backwards

Whole point of anime/manga was.
Will world be a better place if some genius autistic sperg will get an ultimate weapon?
And world actually changed and become better. Crime rates dropped.

what the fuck is this gun?

>Light was a Gary Stu in the anime.

Not really. Light fucked up numerous times in the anime and he was extremely close to get caught by L, the only thing that saved him was the Misa shinigami that decided to kill L for him. Let's not forget that even though Light had an amazing advantage in having a supernatural Death Note that can do pretty much whatever he wants on L, L was always one step ahead of him. The only reason Light really won was because he had plenty of outside supernatural help that L couldn't compete with. And in the end Light lsot to L's legacy so I don't know how all of this makes him a Gary Stu besides being an attractive and intelligent man.