(((globalism))) is good

(((globalism))) is good.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JeeZA4B1qyI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

As someone from Sup Forums, get back to Sup Forums

Arrival is part of a recent series of movies I'd describe as Dunning-Kruger Sci-Fi. Along with Interstellar and to a somewhat lesser extent The Martian, they perfectly play to the crowd that fancies themselves as (and, to be fair, may truly be) smarter than average audiences but are not as smart as genuinely "smart people." They are movies designed to make the audience feel smart by introducing complicated and heady concepts, and then holding the viewer's hand the entire way through until there is next to nothing to be left up to interpretation.

If you didn't already know the twist in Arrival by the time she was in the milky section of the ship with the aliens AT LEAST, you perfectly fit the audience I am talking about.

There is no reward for being smart while viewing these movies because everything is eventually spelled out in big fridge magnet letters. Any clever idea is made so transparent that even the most simple in the audience will get it. It also removes any reward for rewatching or trying to figure out what you just saw.

Granted, there is a difference between Arrival and Interstellar. I think where Interstellar was pretending to have a brain it actually didn't have, Arrival has a brain that it is refusing to let the audience use.

Completely disappointing movie.

Also
>so that just happened

Movie was primarily about language, of all the movies to prod at you pick this one, Jesus.

t. Sup Forums user

Abortion is bad.

desu m8, shit pasta.

This stale pasta is so trash, it doesn’t even talk about Villeneuve or a single point about the film, just the overpraising autists.

It's like saying Fight Club is a bad film just because some normies think the film has the meaning of life itself in it.
And the saddest part is that you saved and then copypasted it probably hundred times already thinking that it's saying something "smart".

Globalism has made the world, especially the first world, a lot richer. Hence why even the poorest in America have things like smartphones.

nice pasta, still true though.

when i watched interstellar and saw the shit with the books in the first few minutes of the movie i already knew what was going to happen.

also what was that twist in Arrival youre talking about? for me it was pretty linear

Your white supremacist views are clouding your judgement. Arrival is anti-feminist kino in its purest form

It has only made the rich people in the first world even richer.

>China was about to fuck the world up because of the president's waifu

Fucking damn right women ruin this planet

I was talking about the main plot, it's about encouraging woman to procreate which is the opposite of the feminist narrative which is discouraging women from building a family but rather focusing on career goals solley

The irony of this post is that a person who suffers from Dunning Kruger would say something like that. Interstellar and Arrival are not pretentious movies. They only seem like that way to you because of your own intellectual insecurity.

This is classic Sup Forums. A place where people believe films exist to be solved.

Shitty concept. Time traveling by learning a new language, makes no fucking sense.

The martian was just a fun movie, idk about it pretending to be "smart". It's a bit like that Apollo movie mixed with a survival movie

but for me Arrival was pure reddit r/atheism tier

Please list some movies you think are actually pretentious then

Wrong. It has made everyone richer, but the top earners disproportionately richer.

;^)

>pretentious: attempting to impress by affecting greater importance or merit than is actually possessed.
BvS is a prime example. One second it wants to be taken extremely serious with a fuckload of biblical imagery, the other you have literal studio shoved on-screen email character setups and a big generic "end of the world" CGI monster fighting off the main characters while they quip around.

Window-dressing for a work about fatalism and amor fati. 2001 also had similarly globalist backdrop (not that I'm saying the two are at a similar level of work, before you levy the inevitable accusation).

I also thought it was refreshing that it was a chink who came super-closer to fucking everything up for everybody, they didn't chicken out and try to fellate that goddamn market.

Not in our country since 1979. When it really picked up during Reagan, everyone's income has stagnated besides the top percentile.

The only people that globalism benefits is the dirt poor of the world and the super rich of the world.

>shitty cast (Jeremy Renner and amy adams suck)
>retarded and boring plot
>aliens weren't interesting enough

Close Encounters of the Third Kind did it way better
youtube.com/watch?v=JeeZA4B1qyI