Will "Nuclear winter" really happen if the U.S and Russia have a nuclear war?

Will "Nuclear winter" really happen if the U.S and Russia have a nuclear war?

Other urls found in this thread:

oism.org/nwss/s73p912.htm
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1029/JC087iC13p11062/abstract
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_eruptions_of_Eyjafjallajökull
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_winter#2014
youtube.com/watch?v=WCTKcd2Ko98
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no

yes

maybe

well that settles it

Yes. Dumb question. NEXT

elaborate

Nuclear Winter is an even bigger hoax than global warming. Pushed by political scientist hacks like Carl Sagan.

oism.org/nwss/s73p912.htm

refute the last part of this then

Hillary represents everything Putin despises about America, but nuclear war will never happen.

Sorta

Something like Krakatoa

The immediate destruction is the main thing, though

Then the 2 weeks or so of bad radiation in the areas hit and nearby (winds blowing to nearby)

The worst part is so many whites getting killed; civilized people will be the worst hit.

tl;dr

tl;dr

nuclear winter won't be as bad as what Sagan said it would be in 1982. Firestorms created by the nukes won't be nearly as bad as volcanic ash from volcano eruptions in the past.

Will radiation really spread throughout Earth or is that just a meme?

meme

nuclear winter is a meme, aswell as massive fallout from a nuclear exchange

nuclear winter is a scam same as climate change.

yes, there are enough nukes in the world to make dinosaurs go instinct 3 times. That is ofcourse, if all the nukes are used.

What if every single nuke in the world was uniformally scatted around the worlds surface and went off at the same time? What would the effect be?

Thanx for filling me in on the con man

So its scientific fact?

> jews vs jews
Not gonna happen

Volcanic eruptions throwing up many more tons of ash and soot than our nukes could haven't caused anything like a nuclear winter, so I don't think nukes would either

>priority targets:
>Yellowstone
>dams
>nuclear power plants
>industrial centers with hazardous industries
In the first year 90% of the population will die without nuclear winter.

this

putin is the anti-jew

i don't know

Nuclear war scares the shit out of me, maybe because I literally live in the most fucked state in the country (NJ)

If the Bomb itself doesn't kill me, radiation will kill me.

If the shit hits the fan I'm speeding towards fort dix and waiting for a painless death.

No? Do you really nuclear war could actually happen? NATO has special satellites that can target the atoms in a nuke and shut them down. They've had this since the 80s and it's reasonable to assume the Soviets have it too.

well meme'd

the icelandic volcano threw up approximately 0.5 Tg of black carbon particulate and stopped euro plane traffic for a week. (compare to the 2 weeks long blotting of the sun by mount st. helens at 2.0Tg of B.C.). current models of a small nuclear volley of less than 100mT is estimated to put about 50 Tg of particulate into the troposphere.models with the full world-wide arsenal range from 150-250 Tg of B.C.

mt st. helen - onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1029/JC087iC13p11062/abstract

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_eruptions_of_Eyjafjallajökull

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_winter#2014

what would kill most people is the temp drop. imagine a kansas or a eurasia with a growing season from june to mid-august. no food.

>>priority targets:
>>Yellowstone
care to explain?

it's even funnier than lasersmeme

That's a lie

no, it will happen when the U.S. and THE MIDDLE EAST and NORTH KOREA have a war

Probably because of meme supervolcano.

i thought nuclear weapons exploding and causing fires were not very significant

/thread

Tens of thousands of nuclear bombs have been set off around the world on test sites, underground, at the edge of our atmosphere etc etc... If there is no nuclear winter from the nuclear bombs we have tested so far, there will not be nuclear winter from bombs used in wartime, the only slight difference is size, which will not matter much, as one country will surrender before too many nuclear bombs have been dropped.

Only if every nuclear-armed country in the world has all of its warheads explode in epic nuclear explosions, then yes, there will probably be a nuclear winter from all of the dust in the atmosphere.

Most of us will be dead though, so it's really not going to matter.

But as far as just two countries having a nuclear exchange of weapons, no, there will not be a nuclear winter.

nope it's over exaggerated the main thing is america and russia as land masses might be uninhabitable but the rest of the world will continue to operate just fine.

oh and and most of it will be isolated surface radiation.

how many megaton class bombs have been 'tested' over major cities? testing one in the desert vs. in a urban jungle of concrete is a huge difference. dust and debris is literally the cause of nuclear winter.

you could blow up a city and it wouldn't even create as much dust as mt. helen or w/e that volcano was.

Hundreds have been set off deep underground, some are recorded, you should watch some of the videos, everything in sight being lifted by 5 meters and seperating really is beautiful, and still does not cause any nuclear winter from the debris. Nuclear winter is a propaganda meme.

exactly it's always been propaganda.

everytime i talked about nuclear weapons not being the end all be all people didn't believe me. ya cities will be leveled with many deaths but it won't be the end of the world.

"On the 8th Day" predicts a Nuclear Winter where temperatures drop to a point where only Finns survive.

youtube.com/watch?v=WCTKcd2Ko98

Bump.

You must mean us and china