STRONG SIGNAL FROM STAR DETECTED

ITS PRESUMED TO BE FROM A TYPE II CIVILIZATION

HERE WE GO
WE SPACE COLONIZING NOW

centauri-dreams.org/?p=36248

What is a type II civilization?
>A Type II civilization can harness the energy of the entire star (the most popular hypothetic concept being the Dyson sphere—a device which would encompass the entire star and transfer its energy to the planet).

k

laughing my ass off, alien style

AMY LMAO

go back to /x/ schizocuck and take your meds

AY LMAO. kek wills it.

CTR shill detected

Fuck ayy lmaos, we're full

AYYYY LMAO

fucking aliens, build a wall

you people really are fucking stupid and will believe anything, but what can i expect from a bunch of fat neets that ""worship"" a frog

read the article

>Working out the strength of the signal, the researchers say that if it came from an isotropic beacon, it would be of a power possible only for a Kardashev Type II civilization.

BUILD SPACE WALL

LOOK! SPACE CASH!

your tricks won't work on us. We know you guys are already scheming for alien refugees

GTFO shill

>Fuck off space nigger, we are full

>No one is claiming that this is the work of an extraterrestrial civilization, but it is certainly worth further study.

Sage this shit. Call me when the ayy lmaos land in Montreal.

AYY

>hurr durr stop having fun threads, lets go back to interracial cuck and trump/shillary threads
Fuck off you colossal retard, space threads are the comfiest on Sup Forums

Image: Strong signal from the direction of HD 164595. “Raw” record of the signal together with expected shape of the signal for point-like source in the position of HD 164595. Credit: Bursov et al.

>not broadcasting at 1420,405 MHz
>advanced civilization
Pick one, faggot!

>Ugh. This place is so disgusting. I only come to laugh at these mere cretins. Trumpets BTFO'D!

>advanced energy production uses solar panels

Right...

>Tfw Ayy Lmaos come to Germany and claim asylum because the heard of the gibs.

>From a type II

>We space colonizing now

We're a type 0, if anything it is them who will colonize us

AYY

>not being able to plug a wire into the sun to power your planet
lmaoingayys.jpg

not solar panels , most likely some sort of giant energy collector that can take the heat energy ect

we are at 0.72 (see wikipedia)

we wil be type I in about 100-200 years.

it doesn't have to be a complete structure. Swarm like structure is more likely if you know what I mean.

NONONONO

THE MOON WAS HELL

Could just be some sort of weird natural noise we haven't identified yet, but could be something more exciting too, worth looking into for sure.
I'm still wondering about that star identified a few months ago that blinks strangely as if an irregular series of objects were passing between us and it.

the nwo is coming senpai

the original African Kangz are finally coming home

they are going to be disappointed

should we fear a zerg/tyranids type of lifeform ?

A bunch of shitskins advancing? Okay..

>WIR SCHAFFEN DAS

One can only hope so.

anyway if theres alien civilizations out there they most likely found about us before we did , we sending so much signals into nearby space that we are like a big glowing sign

Sounds more to me like somebody wants to justify making his shitty degree. Another gibs me tax money scam research.

Hi, you appear to be new here. Its typical for a new user to refrain from posting for around 1-2 years to avoid embarrassing themselves and also to avoid degrading the quality of the boards of which they post on. If you lurk frequently during this time you will quickly discover why people come here and what makes this place so wonderful, you will also learn how to get the most from this place and its many users which is vital to enjoying your experience. I'm sorry no one has made you aware of this.

>planet Kek consists entirely of sentient pepes
>power their spacecraft with meme magic and dubs

the one with something blocking 20% of the light of it?

Fuck off space niggers, we're full!

ayy

You think darkness is your ally?

HOLY FUCK

IT'S HAPPENING

Yeah, from what I understood the blocking was occurring at irregular intervals unlike a planetary transit, potentially from a cloud of debris but that'd have to be some pretty goddamned huge debris to block enough light for us to notice i'd imagine.

Who forgot to lock the cage on /x/ again?

I need to know

Is the signal at regular intervals? Even irregular intervals; if it was a pulsar careening through space that would be a possibility

LET'S GO BOYS

We need to build a wall to keep all those aliens out

this

I know what you mean. The objects blocking it are about the size of 20 fucking Jupiters if I recall right. It must be some really huge debris.

Face it you dumb fucks... we are alone in the universe. I don't even have a degree in astrology and can tell you that much.

Fuck yea space cash.

But they can crash on the moon though

Guys I fucking swear!!!!!

Yellowstone will erupt on August 14th!!!!

I fucking swear!!!!!

Goddamn it side, I mean it!!!

Look at my shitty source!!!!!

I fucking swear!!!!!

Yellowstone will erupt !!!

Georgia guise stones dude!!!

I swear!
Are these people here as controlled opposition, to make the rest of us seem to be retarded conspiracy theorists like those flat earthers?

I mean this thread has nothing to do with politics. Neither does yellowstone, or fucking flat earth!
Go to fucking X you cancerous lunatics!

Sage

Fucking stars emit signals all the time, so many times does this happen. It's probably just like all the other times

WE SPACE TRAVEL NOW

maybe in this universes yes, created just for us, this in case aliens provoke big bangs

the source is legit or are you saying SETI is /x/tier now?

I guess the curvature starts at the edge of that image? Because that looks flat to me. Also note how space is curved there, clearly the curvature is from the lense. The question is, is that intentional to push a lie?

We are currently type 0. If we meet up with a type 2, that would cause our extinction in 9 of 10 scenarios

After reading the article I'm declaring a 99.999999999999999999999999999999% chance that this is aliens.

Quick guys, let's build the biggest transmission tower in history and send them a message.

The message will be: 'Niggers for sale, excellent quality, Strong and healthy, low prices! Buying in bulk means extra discount! Get your niggers here on Sol-1 just down the road from Alpha Centauri!"

It'll be like old times, with modern marketing.

>The signal was received on May 15, 2015, 18:01:15.65 (sidereal time)

Hahahahahahaha ahahahaha hahahappening for sure, yeashahahahaa

>inb4 all the previous alien contact we have had has been the work of military psy op, which is why the two biggest events have been Roswell and Rendlesham Forrest

If I wanted to control the worldwide global order, I would fake an alien encounter where they 'sent us a religious code to follow'

Which is what ancient ayy lmaos has been priming us for. And fits the archetype of all religions.

I claim false flag.

the chances of us being actually alone are fewer than other civilisations living somewhere in space
its most likely we got the wrong lottery ticket where we got the one planet thats super far from any other planet with life

THE AYY LMAOS ARE COMING

The article says that background noise cannot be ruled out but the signal is provocative enough that the researchers are calling for permanent monitoring.

you are correct but to give you more details, we are at about 0.72 now. We were at less than 0.70 in the 1970s

>russian think signals that come from so far dont take a shit ton of times to be fully analysed

well thats stupid just saying and no one bits it

What would be the need?

I mean think about it. A type 2 civilization would be capable of creating every element they'd like out of hydrogen, they'd get all their energy from the pure potential energy of nuclear physics, or perhaps the friction caused by dark energy

>wrong lottery ticket
I'd say we got the right one, we can be a NEET planet forever

No. That's crap.

We have only one example so far of a habitable world in our knowledge.

You simply can't say for sure what the odds of life elsewhere are.

If we found fossilized microbes on mars or something then we would be able to begin to make an educated guess, but that hasn't happened yet.

its russians who found the signal actually.

That's not going to happen.

Last time they hovered over the city, they saw too many niggers and decided to leave.

>No one is claiming that this is the work of an extraterrestrial civilization
3rd paragraph...

Rolling for world annihilation

Holy shit, that confirms it isn't then!

/s

depending on the specie we would either :
>become their slaves
>be destroyed
>be colonised by them and live among them but with few rights
>live in a alliance with them where they share their technology , trade with us and some live here

Fuggg :DDD

Tabby's star yeah. Still waiting on new information on it. Apparently there was a study that the light has been reduced by the 20% for at least the last hundred years, which rules out passing comets, but it is being disputed

Is type II equivalent to nigger civilisation?

Truly, the only way we are going to get far enough without killing ourselves is for our best and brightest to adopt a new religion

A religion of strife, a religion of overcoming. A religion where we recognize that the thing we call will is what has pulled us through the eons, becoming more and more God like.

We have to move from a religion of 'being nice to eachother' to a religion of 'promoting our own evolution'

Because when you think about it, promoting our own evolution would put our ENTIRE civilization another floor up in Maslows Hierarchy. We effectively become actualized as a civilization

CHECKED

ayyyyy

Because saying that
>destroys your credibility

They could be a belt of orbital installations, or a huge rocky body torn into a trail of shit over time. I'm hoping for anything artificial, but then so is most everyone I guess. I think we're scared of being the only sentient life, deep down, and need to know there's others even if we can't directly communicate.

>invite us over, give us their women and live on welfare
I wont to believe it is space sweden

>/s
Lurk moar reddit

AAAAYYYYYYYY LMAO
an wat elo, brudder? feieren mer eng wellkommensparty um findel?
därf de xavier als éischten hinnen d tentaklen resselen oder soll et awer net leiwer d emars als éischte bierger vum land sin? oder awer dach den heng?

True but how that scale works is that clocking in at 0.99 would still list you as a type 0. Besides, who could say that they are not also on a 2.79 kind of "level"

i dont think a race as cucked as the swede live in the whole universe

Space politics are real fuckin' neato

funny thing is that I keked it a month ago
I think I had trips back then
wish I had the screenshot