Why did Rock become so white and Rap did not?

Why did Rock become so white and Rap did not?

PS: Yeah, I know there's Eminem in the picture but c'mon.

Crossboard thread with >>Sup Forums67452972

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=718vQDPPRoM
youtube.com/watch?v=kez0F_NXg5k
youtube.com/watch?v=94bzaEdZqMI
youtube.com/watch?v=JQFzq1LnRVo
youtube.com/watch?v=9iTIprFyfRk
youtube.com/watch?v=vcnxe2_jbGA
youtube.com/watch?v=_HeQTWDFkPo
youtube.com/watch?v=r1mBh1I9mhI
youtube.com/watch?v=3zWOQZ1Ng2k
youtube.com/watch?v=lkfAtlKBVZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=jJif-cxdT4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=5eHlibUEF6M
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0ADmYNRknA
youtube.com/watch?v=MWkCwuMZW2w
youtube.com/watch?v=EevCoW58Pu0
youtube.com/watch?v=_9t3dj_d5Fo
youtube.com/watch?v=tdj7GyvIPOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6KGnIepPsRk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=uIgdyWzaNEA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=WIjp4G48eCY
youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0
youtube.com/watch?v=StlMdNcvCJo
youtube.com/watch?v=1i4EnjRKVQw
youtube.com/watch?v=4wNknGIKkoA
youtube.com/watch?v=UcK2xDn8VqI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

just fixing the link

It did. In white countries.
We have lots of white rap.

nice dubs

nice 123

nice 123 fellow memer friend

As i replied in Sup Forums

Nice dubs, my friend!
You were in my stream yesterday, non?

Because Rap is easier to make, and takes no talent.

This

"123"
thos digts r in DIRECT ordr!!!

All you Rock faggots need some Bisz in your life
youtube.com/watch?v=718vQDPPRoM

nice dubs

White rap thread?
youtube.com/watch?v=JQFzq1LnRVo
youtube.com/watch?v=9iTIprFyfRk
youtube.com/watch?v=vcnxe2_jbGA

Oui
but I couldn't stay for long unfortunately
You should do these streams more often

This is now white rap thread
youtube.com/watch?v=_HeQTWDFkPo
youtube.com/watch?v=r1mBh1I9mhI
youtube.com/watch?v=3zWOQZ1Ng2k
youtube.com/watch?v=lkfAtlKBVZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=jJif-cxdT4Q

Yes, it's true, should do these more often.
How did you like the show?

The three greatest rappers of all time are white so I guess it's about quality and not quantity.

youtube.com/watch?v=5eHlibUEF6M

THIS

there's one okay white rapper and he's eminem everyone else is expendable

In Germany we have plenty of good white rapper.
Basically every good rapper here is white.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z0ADmYNRknA
youtube.com/watch?v=MWkCwuMZW2w
youtube.com/watch?v=EevCoW58Pu0
youtube.com/watch?v=tdj7GyvIPOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6KGnIepPsRk

german rap is garbage

kill your kys

Ummmmmm Eminem sure. But also Shaggy 2 Dope and Violent J are thought as true rap pioneers and started the juggalo movement.

Eminem is shit, his early stuff is literally "lol I'm so edgy I beat my wife", and his later stuff is "lol I'm so sad my wife left me, probably because I beat her"

tl;dr eminem is shat

woop woop

English is a slurred mess, German is the perfect language for rap. You just mad because you don't understand it.

I don't know how much you know about hip hop
But rap for white people is very real
Everything that's labelled alternative rap or contains lots of old school samples and shit is basically rap for white people

Because Rock was capable of more depth and artistic quality

Blacks are good enough to do rap really well

german is gutteral and retarded.

fuck, off

Rap was a passing fad in America. It has left an impression on American mainstream pop, but now black musicians are chasing the trends and not setting them. Even eminem can no longer make a release and expect big time results.

European clubs have a place for rap music, but not blacks. That is why whites have been successful at creating rap there. Euros do love to dance.

>german is gutteral and retarded.
sort of like rap...

German is precise and complex, compared to your shitty language at least. Stay mad.

exactly i heard rap in spanish,french,dutch,english

all of them sound alright except german

his early material aged like milk but his technical ability is unmatched by most

I just got Beats headphones with my new college computer (not trolling but go ahead and be mad) and one thing I noticed is that the crashing symbols in rock music sounds really annoying and sometimes I really found myself hating the constant thumping drums. In my previous old ass Sennheisers and these other crappy JVC's my mom got me, I didn't notice that. I tried to listen to Deafheaven's Dream House and it was intolerable with Beats. I mean actual physical pain.

So my theory is that rock died because headphones got bassyer and too sophisticated (and probably Beats is garbage like everyone said) however I want to say that Beats made Jazz sound incredible. I mean you can pick up every instrument, the drums sound smooth, the singer is part of the band not above the band.

Hip Hop is of course good with them too.

Anyway TL;DR Rock died because our means of listening to music made rock songs sound bad and Rap sound good.

Oh come on, you have to like this!

Beats are the worst headphones out there
Only retards buy them
It's for niggers who only like big bass sound because they don't understand music

>Rap passing fad

I've been waiting a long time now.

Classic Rock really lasted only from early 60s to what? 80s? If you want to call metal and alt. Rock in there 2000 something? It may still exist but its no longer dominant. And what was the last band to really reinvigorate rock and send it in a new direction the way, say metallica did in the 90s?
Raps already been a big thing from the 80s till now.
I'm not a fan, but it's beyond being a fad at this point.

any musical piece sounds like shit with Beats m8, even hip hop

you need to learn to play an instrument to play rock, you need instruments/amplifyiers/etc, you need bandmates, you need to rehearse with your band mates, you need somewhere where you can play really loud. And you've still haven't recorded a single song

in rap you can get away with much, much, much less and be a one man band with an mpc (500€), a mic (150€) and some downloaded samples (0€)

the starting investment in time/money/people tends to be much, much higher for the rock band

This user is right, headphones with a lot of bass can make rock music sound bad and boring while making bass heavy music like trap sound really good.

I had some Razer Electra and they were amazing for trap music while rock sounded muffled?. The problem is that people don't know shit about sound and they just want more bass.

We need headphones with treble so loud it makes you deaf, thats the way rock was meant to be listen to.

Rap samples rock and not vise versa.

You have misunderstood something very important. Rap that is now still existing in mainstream is universally hated by most blacks and strict fans of the genre. The same way rock groups that are bland and soul-less can be played on the radio but the real fans listen to music that is rarely heard on radio anywhere.

Don't mistake the watered down "(((white)))-washed" music still on mainstream radio for the real brand of the genre. That is what I meant by lasting impression.

I'd say that the investment you're talking about was more than that to alot on the rock greats.
It was a need. If you look at the classic rock guitarists for example, Clapton, Hendrix, Stevie Ray. They all grew up in fucked up situations where they needed an outlet to express themselves.
Today's rappers are only concerned with money and fame. And as you said there's little investment, and the music is just the means to an end for them.

rock/metal is about long hair

africoons can't into it because fros

There is no good Rap and no good Rock

Prove me wrong

Classical/Electronica the bess

Christian white rappers NF and Andy Mineo FTW

Because whites are inclusive while blacks are not.

Rap and rock are both good, but saying rap is just Drake and Young Thug is like saying rock is just Nickelback and Three Days Grace. All shitty radio personalities that couldn't hold a candle to less (((popular))) artists.

t. autist

Because white men took the route of playing something tangible and took skill to do.

Rap is the popcorn of music right now so easy to make that there is no higher thought process going into it, there is a reason you dont see these "artists" compose their own tracks or go on to make something that will move people on a grand scale.

Rock is also like this right now with the beta cucks who ruined it in the early 2000s and practically made it sound all the same, just like rap now, no one has a unique voice or sound anymore.

What headphones should do is create a proper sound stage with high fidelity. Headphones that sacrifice sound quality for more bass spoil any music heard through them but especially music that is not entirely bass centric, meaning it has other qualities beyond a few simple sounds and bass (rap music is in the latter category).

Good headphones present the sound absolutely how the original artist intended it to be heard, including the original depth of the bass.

This song is an excellent rest of headphone quality because of the complicated audio textures mixed with deep bass tones.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=uIgdyWzaNEA

m.youtube.com/watch?v=WIjp4G48eCY
Super hi-if Largely accoustic songs like this really push headphones and will break cheaper ones like beats with descent volume.

His early material is mostly about violent fantasies he's had, though; not about violent things he's actually done. You might find his sense of humor questionable (although I personally don't mind it), but I think that he probably was the best "actor" in rap.

You sound like someone with a huge musical culture...

This guy fucking gets it

Back before the internet, when this song palyed in the radio I thought it was a white band: youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0

And when this one played, I thought it was sung by a super nigger Jamaican with dreads:

youtube.com/watch?v=StlMdNcvCJo

This.
Blacks are all the time like "Muh culture appropiation" while whites tend more to explore and share and be curious about things. Obviously, this is a double edged sword. This lead to the black nationalism being so strong lately while white culture is dissolving.

Regardless, rap was a genre created by blacks (using white inventions as a baseline) to express their struggle and rock was the same thing for whites. Each one complained about their miseries (impoverishment, cops, etc) and were passionate about their joys (love, money, party, etc). That's why one genre is naturally black and the other is naturally white even though there are more blacks that were accepted into rock and metal than whites into rap (which, aside from Eminem, Riff Raff and a couple more, are often kind of ridiculed)

Look up "Aesop Rock". Nigger rap is trash but there is some good hiphop out there.

The white dude definitely sounds white, but good impersonation

>using white inventions as a baseline

Don't really understand exactly what you're trying to say but rap and hip hop are rooted in funk/r&b/70s soul not "White inventions"

I still don't see how Sup Forums can find "rock music" any less degenerate than hip hop, though.

I LIKE THAT OLD TYPE OF ROCK AND ROLL
THAT KIND OF MUSIC JUST SOOTHES THE SOUL

Blues came from mixing afro tribal chants w/ European folk music. Gospel from afro mixed w/ white worship music.
Hip hop is derived from marching cadences. Look it up.

>no Magik
You had one job user.

Rap needs to die

and rock comes from sand push together and metal comes from smelting

Rock music is indeed degenerate most of the time. Still promote the working class to be a dumbed down lowest common denominator with alcohol, tattoos and so on. I don't think it's the theme of the thread to clasify it as degenerate or non degenerate but rather to find why one genre is more eclectic than the other.

About the white inventions for rap they used compositions, or whatever the term is, that were created by a white dude. It's something I've read some time ago so don't take me too seriously but it was basically a guy saying how rap was originally created and the compositon of the lyrics were made with some white dudes formula or some shit, can't find my source, sorry.

MAM JEDNĄ PIERDOLONA SHIZOFREMIE, ZABURZENIA EMOCJONALNE PROSZĘ PUŚĆ TO NA ANTENIE

And whites invented Smelting

Eminem should be Sup Forums approved

>Decides to be a rapper
>Blows niggers the fuck out at their own game

Maybe not that hard, but Eminem took it a step further.

I thought whites were one of the last to reach the bronze age

lol. The blacks in America that were rock pioneers had never heard a tribal chant. They were descendants of slaves and grew up on Gospel hymns, soul, blues, and jazz. All music that came from Europeans and evolved from european culture.

rap was invented by jews

Who is that cunt in the far right? Is that the slip knot? Slipknot is not rock, they're just trash.

>descendents of slaves who grew up on jazz

t. Music historian

How is this even a question?

Rock is made by whites, for whites. Rap is made by niggers, for niggers (or subhuman filth that act like niggers anyway).

The electric guitar is clearly a white man's instrument.

>inb4 Hendrix

Rock takes a brain. It's quite complex when it's good. Sup Forums related:

youtube.com/watch?v=1i4EnjRKVQw

>rock takes a brain
>Alice cooper

You know his Jewish manager was wholly responsible for their ideas, musical direction and stunts that made them popular... Alice cooper was a filthy drunk who could barely handle just singing for his various groups

You mean skill. Talent comes from creativity, you can make creative rap songs. All done thru computers and other non skill needed means. A retard can do it.

>non skilled means

Write us a 4 part harmony on your piano roll right now?

Michael Bruce wrote the songs together with Cooper. Once when Bruce didn't like the manager's idea for an arrangement he vetoed it and Bob ezrin had to cave in.

White people stole rock from black people. They haven't stolen rap yet

You forgot the disclaimer "after they were well over the hill and popular" for all of that

>listening to rock music instead of superior thousand times folded by corporate hands japanese idol shit

Rock is dead and has been since the 80's. It served it's jew masters' goals well. Muh rebellion.

I think the next generation of "rap" will be white. but it'll probably be something different.

so far, white people have only appropriated rap as black culture. they're always a step behind, just imitating whatever blacks do. they haven't truly made it their own like the rock bands in the 60s did.

I'm excited to see what musically talented non-wigger millennials can do with the format, there's a huge range of potential. or they may just throw it away entirely and do something completely new electronically.

So you saying niggers don't have jew producers for rap?

I'm saying your a retard for buying into rock mythology and that your particular example (Alice cooper) is a sorry example of what you consider white accomplishment

i don't know how you can do something much different than existing hip hop/Rock/electronica since all have grown outwards and become more eclectic with time (even if acknowledging that doesn't suit the narrative of this thread)

What degenerate modern one-chord noise is you a fan of then if you dare to tell?

Rap is like Mt. Fuji black at the bottom and white at the top. Also rap is pretty popular in Poland and there are no nigger-rappers here. All white and the most popular one are quite intelectual when you get into their lyrics.

Lou Reed, a Jew, arguably created rap music with the hit "Walk On the Wild Side" from his landmark 1972 album Transformer.

youtube.com/watch?v=4wNknGIKkoA

idk man IMO rock´s kinda like middle aged people thing & a sausagefest now, it´s been long out of fashion. meanwhile rap lyrics are relatable the shit has a nice flow i always have good time on the live shows. Reggae & EDM is even better coz its easier to get high to / dance 2

no one can ever imagine how future genres of music are going to be different.

there could be a fully electronic form of "hardcore" made up entirely of breakdowns. synthwave could be mainstreamed with flamboyant singers in some type of new wave revival. pop music could incorporate some type of gabba (something that would still be totally new to US ears).

there are a billion different possibilities. pop music can actually be exciting

German just isn't a rhythmic language also for the fist song the beat doesn't progress with the song and that ruined it for me.

I listen to a lot of funk, Russian classical, 19th century classical, earlier jazz (mostly percussion heavy shit like art blakely), 70s Rock/guitar music, early hip hop/electro, some prog here and there, tasteful music from the 80s (few and far between)

What's your motivation for asking?

If glam rock is rap then frank Zappa babbling between songs is rap

Those aren't different ideas, friend, that combinatorial approach has been all but exhausted anyways, and your point about "hard to imagine new trends" is a vague cop out. Revivals are not new movements and are far from novel approaches to those existing movements.

Trio Mediaeval is really interesting, thanks for sharing.

KINO COMING THROUGH

youtube.com/watch?v=UcK2xDn8VqI

Rap isn't popular in the mainstream - most 'rappers' just write pop songs.

Pop has always been the most popular music genre: nothing's changed.

lmao you're a sperg. you're deconstructing and analyzing everything in strictly theoretical terms, not the end results and cultural trends that go along with the music.

>B-BUT STRUCTURALLY THEY'RE ALL THE SAME. WAKE UP SHEEPLE

Trance sounds COMPLETELY different than country music. Which sounds completely different from rap. If you can't hear that because you only hear the chord progressions and structure of the tracks then you hardly qualify as human. But we both know you're just pretending for the sake of being an elitist.

protip: pop isn't actually a genre