The movie industry is on it's leg

>the August box office, where revenue for the weekend could hit its lowest level in more than 15 years, in addition to being down nearly 50 percent from the same frame last year.

>none of the weekend's new offerings were expected to earn more than $5 million, and that's proving to be the case.

hollywoodreporter.com/news/weekend-box-office-moviegoing-slows-a-standstill-dismal-august-slump-1032773

With all the capeshit, sequels and remakes Hollywood is imploding in on itself and there is nothing the sons of Abraham can do to stop it

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

everything's more niche now, people watch their shows or internet shit, mainstream network dramas get like a million viewers if that

Hollywood is full blown propoganda at this point, dunno why they would be surprised when people know what they are doing.

for people who don't know, in the summer movie should be earning 50 million in a weekend bare minimum.

even the weekend after 9/11 they earned more than this, and that was one of the slowest ever.

this is a huge signal of a shift in the public consciousness that we haven't ever seen before

Probably because they keep releasing shit movies. It's either capeshit or remakes these days, even when they try do an original story they always find a way to make it shit.

Honestly don't blame people for not going to the movies anymore, only film I have paid to see all year was Dunkirk.

>Slump happens during time of no capeshit

This just guarantees more capeshit.

A million people watched the hurricane Jeff guy live last night on Periscope, just a single stream of his multiple.

It's due to piracy. We need more Internet surveillance to stop people doing bad things.

>implying any domestic figures matter
Chinks will buy up this shit like meth

You're making a point taken from Sup Forums, but I sort of agree. The majority of movies have always been a little more left-winged but now the majority of movies feel like they're trying to inform everyone about how racist and sexist everyone is. I don't give a shit if they replace a male character with a women or a white person with a black based on them being a better actor, but now it's obvious that there is an agenda to it because they put so much effort into pointing out that OMG this guy is black now.

If you want to empty the room at a fun party, start talking about religion or politics. That is all that movies are doing now and the theaters are empty. Go figure.

I honestly don't even think it's any kind of agenda, I think they're just trying to pander to something that they think is "in" because those kind of people are the loudest, just shows how out of touch they are really.

that movie on the left he new bruce lee movie? looks good, I'll probably go see it

I agree as well to an extent. These issues that you've pointed out also inhibit the stories these people wish to tell. Nothing can be offensive, characters can not be offensive, nothing can be triggering, and everything has to be inclusive. When you put all that restraint on writing, you're only going to come up with the same characters and the same tone for the stories every time.

Good, I am glad about it.
Movies these days suck and they deserve to flop.

Hollyjew BTFO

SLUMP

Birth of the Dragon is a Bruce Lee biopic centered on an OC white dude because white people can't relate to chinks, which ironically it's the reason why Bruce Lee was kicked off from Kung Fu in favor of David Carradine. Isn't that right wing enough for you?

Meanwhile in China a generic patriotic war movie is breaking all world records.

>Asian replaces white guy in a role
>WOW THAT'S GREAT HE'S PROBABLY A SUPERIOR ACTOR ASIANS ARE THE BEST!!!!

>White guy replaces Asian in a role
>THAT'S RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>Asian replaces white guy in a role
has this ever happened?

Dude, your rant doesn't even make sense. The movie is called Birth of the Dragon, not White savior's adventures or some shit and the publicity focus on Bruce

Maybe Lois & Clark show from the 90s but the guy was mixed and the 90s was liberal as fuck.

No incentive to go to the movies. It's an outdated medium. If I'm gonna go out, the last thing I want to do is sit in another chair for two hours.

Capeshit killed cinema.

nobody bothers to watch other type of movies anymore.

I think there are several reasons for this:

>ticket prices keep rising and rising and rising
>snack prices have been crazy for a long time already
>projectors at home became very affordable
>people in cinemas have less and less manners. talking, loud laughing, mobile phone noises etc have become a norm in many cinemas.

Why should I spend loads of money to sit in a cinema where noisy people ruin the movie, while I could be at home - at my comfortable couch, eating a delicous pizza and just enjoy the movie?

IT will have a $70+ million opening weekend

Good. Fuck those money grubbing kikes

>Birth of the Dragon
Who's even supposed to be the audience for this movie? The plot is almost entirely fictional, so it's not a biopic, it looks like it's more of a drama than a martial arts movie, and Bruce Lee isn't the main character. Did whoever greenlit the movie really expect people to want to see a movie vaguely about a contested story in an actor's life that's been fictionalized beyond recognition?

Just the idea that this movie exists is kind of baffling to me; it's the perfect example of Hollywood making an incredible stupid choice and then being confused about why it failed.

hey r/AsianMasculinity there have been actual Bruce Lee biopics

Liberals don't care about pandering to asians, that's just a cynical move to make more money because asians are still foreign to whites

Why the hell is WWE studios attached to the Bruce Lee movie? I didn't see any shoehorned wrestler in that show

>mfw my uncle gave me a $30 gift card for the cinema's last christmas
>I still haven't fucking used the thing

What the fuck is even on right now? Can't think of a single film I'd want to watch.

Go watch Dunkirk right now, without question one of the best cinema experiences of recent times.

Best part is that the trailers showing on Raw and Smackdown have been entirely about Bruce and the white lead has been entirely cut. Think about it, even WWE know it's a terrible idea to make a Bruce Lee movie centered on a vanilla white guy. I mean, fucking WWE. Wrestling has always been a redneck entertainment but even these guys know better than Hollywood

People would rather watch a movie in the comfort of their own home via Netflix or some shit than spend 45 dollars for ticket, popcorn and a bunch of obnoxious niggers or little kids at the movie theatre

There wasn't as many blockbusters as there now. All thes capshit movies are saturating the theaters. Of course people aren't gonna watch all of them.

maybe if all the movies they made weren't fucking horrible shit like "over-dramatic super hero move #50" or "3D cookie-cutter movie #40" I might actually go to the fucking movies

This is great.
Big budget studio products will finally fall down and all what we'll be left with is pure unadulterated kinos made by directors who wanted to make them out of passion to make them, not because a studio exec calculated the current market demand for it.
Now we just have to find a way for the chinese to stop giving shekels for braindead american blockbusters and we're set for a proper kino renaissance.

The reason why profit is down is because the people are going through capeshit fatigue. It was bound to happen when you release a capeshit movie every two or three months. Hollywood needs to figure out some other unoriginal property they can exploit for cash.

mfw people still blame piracy. How much money did Wonder Woman earn worldwide?

Go see good time or logan lucky

If domestic figures dont matter, why doesn't Hollywood simply hire Chinese actors and make only Chinese movies?

Isn't China buying Hollywood stocks?

Because Chinese don't want to watch Chinese actors and chinese movies as much, they enjoy the braindead american entertainment.

asia prefers white actors speaking english. it's probably similar to early europes rome fetish.

A new Avengers hits next year and is going to make a lot of money. You people keep crying about capeshit, but when was the last one, Spider-Man? And despite being an under-performer for the franchise it's still making more money than most movies do.

Earlier user had it right, this isn't a matter of Hollywood finally falling for your sakes, it's just re-enforcing to them that comic adaptations are the only thing that makes money.

probably this, for all the politics they still want to make money, and if they don't someone else will

Wait, are all those chinks not getting dubbed versions?

Last year there was cape films in august so the box office was good. This year there is no cape so the box office is bad. Expect more cape in the coming years.

>Remakes of movies that didn't need it
>Reboots of old IPs nobody cared about before and/or don't now
>Marvel movies which are gradually getting infested with garbage from their SJW comic side through Spider-man and Black Panther
>DC movies that are collectively a rushed clusterfuck
>Star Wars movies that are repetitive and have thw most obnoxious marketing Jews have ever concocted
>Chinese Transformers movies nobody wants nobody even cares to hate anymore
>Overemphasis on race and liberal racial pandering.
>Sequels that are made to milk an IP
>Over-dramatic "award bait" movies
>Normie garbage meme movies like the Emoji movie and Boss baby
>Sony movies in general
>Romantic Comedy #3445642 they play at the edge of the theater
>Movie shilling its director who should just be in a nursing home now #6640893
>Actors with inflated egos who insult their audiences and are generally obnoxious these days
>Directors and Producers that point the finger at the audience when things go wrong
>Production companies that so underhanded that they are trying to gain power over Rotten Tomatoes

This is probably the case. It's still killing them. Deservedly so.

It's not rocket science.

There's worth fucking watching in cinemas right now. Justice League, Thor and Star Wars aren't until later this year.

Probably due to there being too many films, plenty of which are shit. On top of that cinema tickets are expensive and food & drink is a fucking rip off.

Most people haven't had a pay rise since the economic crash, but that hasn't stopped prices continuing to rise. So people have less money to spend on things that dont really matter in the grand scheme of things, which includes movies.

they only let in 10 movies a year

you get less revenue for foreign releases, frankly we should nuke the gooks before they become a bigger problem

Doubt it's because they have no money for it.

People have trouble buying a movie ticket or even a single song from the Internet that will last you forever, but will buy 5$ Starbucks sugarshit drinks every single day without hesitation.

That was kino, though

This new Pennywise has to be the scariest movie monster we've seen in years. Literally years. There's two scenes in this movie that absolutely sent shivers down my spine. First when Pennywise possesses the slideshow and we finally get to see his very creepy and mental face in the final scene. What a build-up! I nearly pissed myself.

The other one is in the basement, first we see the excellent performance by Georgie's actor. You'll float too never has sounded more epically scary. And then Pennywise rises from the waters. I jumped in my chair and still do when watching this. I can tell I will be on the edge of my seat in theatres this september.

Maybe people are just getting tired of some random hoe putting their feet up on the back of their seat, laughing with their friends andb texting instead of watching the damn movie

Starbucks is fucking delicious though.

>With all the capeshit
Capeshit is the only thing keeping studio heads above water.

>Hollywood is full blown propoganda at this point

Exactly.

FUCK Hollywood degenerates and the Jew scum they whore themselves out too...

t. degenerate
Your Starbucks satisfies you for a few minutes, a good film/song can satisfy you forever.

>shit movies don't sell
well that's a good thing. Now if only people would stop defending Disney's crap instead of blindly following (((brand names))) over content. capshit is mind poison. Starwars is a religion(seriously look at official events, they put someone in dark vador suit on stage and people start praying)

I think it'll do amazing in the US, then leave Americans perplexed at how badly it does abroad because nobody gives a shit.

Dunkirk.

or wait for Thor: Ragnarok.

>oh no instead of earning 500 billion a year we're earning 480 billion we're DOOOOOOOMED!!!

Keep boycotting (((them)))

Stream EVERY movie online free. Bootleg every fucking thing they make.

giving a shit about obsessed foreigners is what ruined the industry in the first place

>MARVEL became so afraid they need to use Snyder's visuals now

you cant make this shit up

These days even the capeshit is underperforming.
I wonder if the Nu Wars movie in Christmas will follow the trend.

Maybe people are waiting for the next capeshit

I blame Trump tbqh

I haven't been to the theater in at least 5 years, whenever Star Trek Into Darkness came out. There is NOTHING that will make me go into a theater anymore.

The real answer is Nepotism. Movies are shit now, written and produced by no-talent hacks who didn't earn their positions.

Marvel fans will defend this
>Snyder doesn't do it as good!

no, people really just want origin stories. everything else is the same. some gay villain, some gay sidekick, etc.

I hate capeshit as much as anyone but there's no capeshit or sequels or remakes out right now

all months are down

I'm with you pretty much but I actually went to see baby driver in theaters. Not perfect but you'd have to be the most bitter faggot it to not enjoy it. Fun core

>they think snyder invented this aesthetic

they need more diversity movies

WO A A A A

I'll probably watch it eventually, I watch movies still, I just don't go to the theater at all. I don't see the point anymore, they have nothing I need right away and I don''t want to be there.

In the last few years I think I went less than 10 times to the movies. Yesterday I ended up going and thought "Baby Driver" could be at least cool, good aesthetics and music etc. The worst piece of shit I've seen in a long time. I could have burnt that money and had a better time.

The release of the Lord of the Rings trilogy in the early 2000's, along with the first 3 Harry Potter films before they went to shit, and even the Star Wars prequels, that was a lot of hype. We never get that anymore, you are right about that.

I guess there was hype for that Star Wars reboot and Jurassic Park reboot though, but it wasn't as much as before and I expect a lot was media manipulation as well, especially with that shitty Star Wars reboot.

dont bother everything is shit

Dunkirk and Logan Lucky are pretty good

Fair enough. There's so much shit to do that waiting 3-4 months for a BD release is the easiest thing ever. Dunkirk is the only must-watch film from this year so far that I'd actually recommend to watch in a cinema. Everything else you're better off watching at home.

I've been watching some Kubrick films on my laptop lately that are 480p or below in quality and they are much better than anything released in the last decade. Hell, I started working at the theatre this year and get to watch most of this year's films for free and they still don't compare at all.

>What the fuck is even on right now?

Depends entirely what kind of films you like. Dunkirk is decent war film. Valerian is neat looking scifi film if you like visually brilliant stuff and don't care pretty brainless plot that shits on source material, also worst casting ever.

Well maybe if they stopped making such shitty movies this wouldn't be happening.

People WANTED to be hyped about Star Wars, they wanted that return to the good old days when movies were a cultural landmark that EVERYONE could enjoy. Back in the day, even small movies like big trouble in little chine or escape from la could get a cult following.

Remember the 80s over the top action hero era? Rambo, Predator, Commando, oily men and blondes, shit was silly but FUN.

Or the teen era comedies, or the cult classic The Breakfast Club? It had the best nerd girl EVER.

And you could really see the desperation for that participation in everyone screeching over Star Wars.

i got my moviepass on thursday and I have seen logan lucky, good time, and baby driver since then so I am trying to do my part while watching kino desu

>With all the capeshit, sequels and remakes Hollywood is imploding in on itself and there is nothing the sons of Abraham can do to stop it

this year is just going to make them make more of that because of foreign plebs

Good Time
Wind River
Logan Lucky

As long as you aren't a brainlet you should enjoy those

why are non Americans so inferior?

>mfw I've pirated every movie, tv-show or anime I've ever watched since at least 2003/2004

same

iktf