name a better 2017 film

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=toRRACvGp60
youtube.com/watch?v=cN3yrJP24-I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

blade runner might come close

Logan.

It really wasn't good.

This, and Logan Lucky. Dunkirk is third by default. What a shit year.

Raw and It Comes At Night.
Dunkirk was pretty good though, certainly an improvement for Nolan.

Decent films but ultimately forgettable.

And those "indie horror" shits weren't forgettable, compared to Lost CIty of Z?

Gentlemen, we are in the presence of royalty: The fabled Lord of Shit Taste has entered the thread.

Drom Vidare

Well met, Master of the Shitty Waifus.
How fares your day?

All these sleepless Knights

youtube.com/watch?v=toRRACvGp60

outdoes Malick. Literally its the film he's been trying to do these last 10 years but could not.

worth it just for the best cinematography and soundtrack of the year

You have mistaken me, gentlesire, for I am not the Master of Shitty Waifus. I can see how the Lord of Shit Taste would make that mistake, with his shit colored eyes deceiving him to confuse turds for roses.

Is this a good movie? Should I watch it?

what else are you gonna do with your day?

Killing of a Sacred Deer, Certain Women, Get Out, and 20th Century Women were all better.

Certain Women came out last year and Get Out was horrendous.

My mistake. Get Out was not horrendous, you just have bad taste.

Search for a good movie to watch. Unless this movie is my solution. IS IT?

Death Note

SWEDEN

Get Out.

I loved it.

You just like whatever pile of shit the critics circlejerk over. Get Out is a thriller devoid of tension but since it's written by a black and is (surprise) about blackness, you feel obligated to like it because you are mentally weak.

So boring

YOU FUCKING PLEB

GO BACK TO >>REDDIT

John Wick 2

Damn, you sure got me, you white supremacist. Get Out is very tense. It can't not be about race, and if you dismiss the topic just because you don't want to think about it, I feel sorry for you. The movie is not perfect, but it is quite good. It's certainly better than loud and soulless Dunkirk.

Where the fuck did you already see Killing of a Sacred Deer?

M A S K
A S K
S K
K

Dissappointing. No structure, movie is all over the place. Doesn't know if it wants to be a biopic, an adventure movie or a mystic film.
Glad to see Sheev is still working, tho.

Dunkirk is actually tense, Get Out is just a casual thriller.
Dunkirk is more like The Wages of Fear put in a war setting.

New Zealand Film Festival, it was in the theaters. Fucking amazing. Yorgos is shakespeare reincarnate.

What should I watch tonight instead? Time is running out, it's 20:00 here.

This was very bad. The pacing was awful, they bit over way to much of his life and work, the acting was extremely weak and the style was all over the place. 3/10. Veey dissapointing.

Dunkirk is not tense because there is no emotional attachment to any of the characters. Nolan is too fixated on his time-gimmick and spectacle to understand the root of the conflict. Even Atonement does Dunkirk better than Dunkirk. Maybe if he had let Tom Hardy act (and if we could see his face). And maybe if we didn't see Kenneth Branagh shield his eyes from the sun looking up at the plane engines for the tenth time. Maybe if this movie wasn't so riddled with cliches and Zimmer-ticking and if Nolan took the time to hire someone else to write his awful dialogue, it would be tense. But it's not.

>you white supremacist.
Let me ask you something. Whites in Europe were enslaved by Turks for centuries. Are Turks forced to apologize every fucking day for it? Why can't American whites be extended the same courtesy? Especially when it's been 150+ fucking years already.
>Get Out is very tense.
It is an unfunny, boring political statement. THe last part is the only reason why people are falling over themselves to praise it. Very "hip".
>It can't not be about race, and if you dismiss the topic just because you don't want to think about it, I feel sorry for you.
If a black director can only make movies that involve his obvious insecurities about race, then he is creatively bankrupt and is no better than a TV news pundit stirring up controversy to sell books.

You fall right into this trap because you are mentally weak.

seriously though if you didn't think dunkirk was the best movie of 2017 so far you have a fucked up brain. it was so much better than anything I've seen in so long. I'll probably be going back and seeing it in theatres again it was so good. almost as good of a pleb filter as manchester by the sea.

Guy Ritchie King Arthur is good

or

Death Note for the memes

Damn, actually jelly.
Calling him Shakespeare is a bit much, but yeah Lanthimos is great.

Dunkirk and lost city of z are the only certified kinos so far. I've been a gray fanboy since the 90s but never expected nolan to reach kino status, a really pleasant surprise.

Jesus christ, a real racist in our midst. Are we in Turkey right now? No. Are black people abused every day in America right now? Yes. For their race alone, by people like you. Insecurity has nothing to do with it.
Name your top five favorite films.

Dunkirk Dunkirk Dunkirk.
Go give your shekels to Nolan so we get more original studio free big budget films in the future.

dunkirk isn't meant to be tense or anything like that. now for the record the scene with the boat getting shot up with the soldiers inside IS tense, but it dosent matter. the film is supposed to be a nightmare of the battle, the whole thing is incredibly surreal and dream like.

>King Arthur
Is this out on piratebay as bluray quality yet tho?

I've seen it. Wasn't particularly impressed by this movie, except for the cinematography.

I always fall asleep to nolan movies

>Are black people abused every day in America right now?
PEOPLE are abused every day in America you race baiting pile of shit. I see white homeless people on the streets just as much as black homeless, if not more.
>For their race alone,
Or maybe because it is statistically shown that they commit more crime. Don't look at the black on black crime statistics if you don't want your day equivocally ruined. Insecurity has 100% to do with it because blacks have this huge chip on their shoulder that they will never get rid of because they think bitching and bitching and bitching will make them stronger. Movies like Get Out only make things worse for them because it reveals the massive inferiority complex behind the black psyche.

Name a bigger guy

Shot Caller with Jaime Lannister

>I see
ah yes. the age-old "if i don't see it, it's not happening"
>statistically
economic inequality, it's not because of race. you enjoying our president?

I live in the most economically diverse cities in the world. I definitely see and interact with more blacks every day than you do. I can 100% attest to the inherent scumminess of the poor black collective. They are rotten.

And I would enjoy our president more if Congress actually got his proposals finished.

>Dunkirk is not tense because there is no emotional attachment to any of the characters.
Characters are made by action, not just reciting lines about their backstory and their sweethearts waiting for them at home. The portrayed situations alone should be enough for you to be attached to the person on-screen.

>Even Atonement does Dunkirk better than Dunkirk.
How? That historically innacurate "everyone walk in front of the camera" long take gimmick? Almost every single filmmaking element is better executed in Dunkirk than in Atonement.

>awful dialogue
There was little to no dialogue and even that was mostly brief technical talk. Much better than any of his recent films.

Also you're lying if your butt wasn't clenched for the entirety of the first 30 minutes or so.

Logan Lucky

youtube.com/watch?v=cN3yrJP24-I
you literally can't.

all of these are nowhere close and you should kys.

Speaking of butt-clenching, the main character's first problem is that he has to poop, and he never poops.

Literally any of them

please be good :(
also deckard is a replicant

Yeah, I also presume everyone is holding in big shits if they are not shown shitting right on-screen, no matter that the film follows the character through different times throughout a whole week.

Looks like a shitty indie hipster movie

hahahaha you got me and made me laugh. gg user

Oh you ignorant shallow person. Kurds and christians face abuse, rape, discrimination, unfair trials and even lynching everyday. Right now. In Turkey.

And you want to talk about the "plight" of african AMERICANS in the united states today. Are you clinically retarded?

>i can't care about more than one thing
thanks, hero of turkey, get your head out of your ass

You clearly care about the thing that doesn't really matter more than the thing that actually does matter. Do you care about the enslavement of Chinese and Indian peoples in those countries?

what are you doing about these things user
i'm protesting and donating and helping on the home front

>Protesting
How much do you get paid to be a public nuisance?

how much kool-aid do you drink to not think change happens because of human beings

What change are you trying to enact?

systematic oppression of a people solely based on race, solutions to economic inequality. can we stop this is Sup Forums

Hahahaha sure let's stop before you have to explain yourself further. How will you legislate this change? How will you stop black fathers from abandoning their families, how will you encourage literacy rates in the black community? How will you teach all poor people how to did themselves out of there shitpile like so many others like them?

You want the government to fix everything when I think what you want is a change in a destructive culture. Look inward. Michael Jackson believed that. Spike Lee believes that. Why can't you, nigger?

i don't want the government to fix everything. i'm trying to do it myself, with the help of others. what are you doing in turkey? china? india? what are you doing other than fueling your own hateful views on the internet?
>before you have to explain yourself further
i don't come here to discuss politics, i come here to read about what people think of tv and movies and look at good-looking people

second post best post

What I do isn't relevant. I just enjoy pointing out how worthless you are. Failing to address any of my points about the destructive culture of the black community demonstrates this. Goodbye

Another win for the white nationalist movement! Failing to point out shortcomings and only attacking others. I have compassion for you, user, just know that.

There is none, look at Sup Forums contrarians make a fool of themselves, that's proof enough

I liked Interstellar far more than Dunkirk. Roast me, Sup Forums

you have good taste

Well, that was easy

I can't wait to watch this on my iphone when it comes out

Fire rises and gets caught
Jesus, Nolan

ON YOUR FFFFFFFUCKING TELEPHONE

>SHOOTS DOWN GERMAN PLANES
>NO CHUTES
CRASHES PLANES WITH NO SURVIVORS

Death Note

Easy to name some. But this is the best one.