Budget: $217 million

>Budget: $217 million
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk
youtu.be/x8YxRKkJk6s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is this GoT?

does another dragon die tomorrow??

Why does it liquefy? Is it hot?

This movies don't exist, stop talking about them.

Also sage.

the chocolate on the inside melted. it's a dragon's cave, it's hot!

Yeah the Lannisters make a giant dwarf (mocking tyrion) out of their gold which dragons are attracted to.

kek
the dragons in GoT look way more realistic than Smaug

LOL did the gragon try to burn the statue and then get swallowed up by the molten gold?

fucking amazing. where's the link?

this looks pretty cool to me desu

And he had to write,shoot and edit it in 5 fucking months.

He had like 4 other directors thats why they feel so bad

Wew

this still makes me sad
youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk

Good point.

Plan opinion. Smaug resembles a traditional medieval wurm. The GoT dragons are wyverns.

t. Cryptozoologist

>Sup Forums unanimously mock movie and say it's a waste of time
>make fun of the guy who didn't bother wasting his time with said movie so he can't recognize the epic references
What's wrong with you

shouldn't of rushed a three part series no one wanted just to make to sweet dosh

>LotR
>best big budget movies of the century by far and away
>cultural icons
>objectively, undeniably better tha Star Wars

>The Hobbit
>

What went so horribly wrong?

What is a golden statue supposed to look like when melted?

The cast was deliberately removed before it was properly cooled off.

Blame Del Toro since he pulled out like a asshole

The solid parts would remain solid

Millions of cubic feet of gold only held in the mold for around 60 seconds, so the vast majority was still molten. Looks like dogshit though, The Hobbit series doesn't exist in my mind....

>pulled out

Not necessarily. I have never worked with molten gold obviously but when baking, something like this plausably could happen with chocolate.

its supposed to look cool

>those textures

did I wander into an Xavier: Renegade Angel thread? Or is this another tv show rendered on PS2?

The cruise control text laff OP is hide on sight for me now, what about you?

I realize that the dwarfs could probably have struck a deal with smaug and thus had protection, in return for beautiful golden artifacts that the dragon can call his.
Smaug was genuinely enchanted by the statue they had made. He is a patrician and likes patrician tastes. Probably why he got so pissed when it fell apart.

>ywn go back in time and strangle the younger version of yourself to death (whilst both of you cry) straight after he watched return of the king to keep his mind pure and innocent from the witnessing and initial defending of the hobbit series he would go on to do in the years to come

Hide? AHAHAHA nigger that shit is on filter

Apparently gold does act like water when molten.
youtu.be/x8YxRKkJk6s

That's a wyvern.

i like you

Let's bone. Hope you're a grill

What was the point of this scene and all they money they spent making it?

looks like a 90's KRAFT mac and cheese ad

Why did you guys obsess of this again?
Looks perfectly fine.

>Looks perfectly fine

Wait, are you guys complaining that a fantasy movie wasn't like real life?

i dont get why the studio didnt give jackson at least one year of prep time. given how much money they made with lotr why wouldnt you make sure that the guy creates another cash cow

The CGI in this season has been en par with the best of the Hobbit easily. Not a fair comparison really and I'm not much of GoT fan.

Fuck the Hobbit.

Smaug in 3d was great tho.

We're complaining because it looks like a video game

>No one wanted.

Underage detected. There were petitions for a Hobbit movie before ROTK came out.

What shitty cartoon is this from?

Only by turbo autists such as yourself

Daily reminder

And?
It's a fucking movie about walking trees and rings that possess people.
If it wasn't CGI you losers would be complaining it doesn't look "fantasy" enough.
Fuck outta here.

People wanted The Hobbit. What they got was The Lord of the Rings featuring characters from The Hobbit.

It would have looked even more like shit with him on charge. See the goblins, they look like Hellboy monsters. Good for Hellboy, not for Lotr.

The lotr trilogy cgi looks better than the Hobbit

Its hard to hate on Jackson because he admits that things went wrong and pretty much did 20 hours days during production.

He obviously wanted to jump in and save the project but he couldnt do the impossible this time which is where the studio should have jumped in and gave him the time needed

When the cheese starts flowin' it gets your noodle goin'.

QFT

Yes, that is true. The biggest reason is that the Hobbit went full retard with the CGI.

No it was bad characters

This isn't even the worst part of it. I passed Five Armies on TV the other day and everything in the movie was glowing with cheap lens-flare effects. It's abhorrent.

The first Hobbit movie is still the best Middle Earth movie after Fellowship. You know, ignoring the amazing Helm's Deep battle in Two Towers.

That's my opinion too. People shit on the trilogy as a whole but it's not true. An Unexpected Journey is easily LotR tier, both as an adaptation and as a movie. Desolation is good too but has lots of mistakes/errors. Last one is totally unwatchable. What the fuck is wrong with the home release anyway, everything is over saturated and high contrasted? I swear it wasn't like that in the theatre.

i thought that scene was pretty cool desu

The first Hobbit is the best but is still pretty bad. Many similar moments have a different feel compared to fellowship. See the underground chasing of the goblins (let alone how the Goblins look like) in Khazad-dûm in the Fellowship, compared to the Goblin King part in Unexpected. In the second there is no tension or feeling, the Dwarves look like made of rubber and you never feel the same sense of danger.

Probably because it still had many guillermo touches, then jackson fucked it up completely with the other two.

Fucking lol.
No.

>shouldn't of
illiterate shitdick

The color is off - like most metals, when you get gold hot enough to melt, it glows - but the texture is pretty much right.

In his defense it was a hilarious response

I figured this obvious shit while i was playing some Dwarf Fortress and building the 9/11 tower so i could instigate a race-war between the elves and the goblins :^).
Smaug was reasonable but greedy for the cursed gold. I say let him keep that cursed shit and let the dwarves enjoy the artisan works that they made for their aesthetics.

Why did Peter Jackson agree to this?

If he had 4 legs like a real dragon he would have been able to get away in time.

>dragons?
>realistic?

you're only pretending to be this stupid right?

He did in the first movie

nice meme

To be fair, Smaug was more historically accurate.

I hated everything about the Hobbit but I honestly don't think this scene looks as bad as most of Sup Forums thinks. oh well

I think 4 legs would have been more difficult for animators and mr. Cucumberman

Rushed production, studio wanted another big hit like LotR but didn't give Jackson the time he needed to do it properly.

It has no tension, but no fun either: it murders the pacing, and the lack of glow of the gold and the fact that the dwarves surf on it kill the immersion. Is bad from any standpoint.

What PS3 game is this?

the source material is different though, i would never try to liken The Hobbit to LotR in terms of tone. goblin chase made perfect sense in its context, it was fun and exciting in a childish way and the way dwarves escape using their environment as tools to devise traps and weapons against goblins actually showcased their ability as engineers and craftsmen as a race, so it was well thought-of.

probably because Jackson had more prep time for the first one and eventually entirely run out of any preperation for the later chunks of the movie.

also my main problem with the trilogy going shit eventually isn't entirely on script. cinematography, visual fx, soundtrack all turned to shit. it's not entirely jackson and his wives that fucked up, everybody just seemingly run out of time. even the colour grading is pretty terrible by the last movie.

yeah the scene is retarded and useless but I don't think the CGI looks jarring. sure, it should glow and all but the CGI effects don't look horrible to me. maybe the part where the gold warps around and falls onto the camera, idk.

Bitch post the 4k verison

these look terrible however. the molten gold really looks fine to me in comparison.

HAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahaahhahaaaaaaaaa

based on these webm's i can testify to say that ALL the cgi looks horrendous.

>Cryptozoologist

>going through the spears
now that is commitment.

this, you're never gonna make molten anything look good with CGI or practical effects, its one of those things that are very unique and impossible to recreate

This isn't what the movie looks like

>the source material is different though
But in that case, he should not have tried to connect the to movies. What we have is a movie that try to be Lotr: the prequel but tries to be silly. And it fails.. except when he tries to be romantic.. and fails. And so on. Also in the source material the orcs are bad business, you never feel the same sense of danger.

what the fuck was the point of the spears then?
no wonder elves are going extinct on this shitty universe, only warhammer elf are not autistic.

I think you misread my post. I thought the molten gold looked ok in comparison to those.

>its one of those things that are very unique and impossible to recreate
well.. this would be one additional reason to do not add such pointless and ugly scene.

>And he had to write,shoot and edit it in 5 fucking months.
He didn't have to write shit if he just remade the book into a movie instead of adding in SJW stronk female elf and Orlando Bloom for no reason

All that CGI was so expensive thye could only have afford a wyvern

bureaucracy