I SAW YOU IN MY DREAMS, YOU'RE IN CARCOSA NOW, WITH ME

I SAW YOU IN MY DREAMS, YOU'RE IN CARCOSA NOW, WITH ME.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sOGoX1B6_2k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

His voice was fucking amazing.

Me and my dad have a bet, i say Russel was shooting 'at god' like out of anger, he says there were more gunmen hiding in the woods?

God was the gunman hiding in the woods.

he just had really sticky fingers and tried not to harm anyone because he couldn't let go

what was his name again?

The mechanic girl had black star tattoos btw

Caspere knew this

dubs

who?

Carl Costa

One of the people the detectives talk too, asking about someones whereabouts.

TIME IS A FLAT CIRCLE

THE FLESH OF FALLEN ANGELS

do you remember the episode? is this when they first see the green house, going around the neighborhood in that montage? i didn't spot this.

LA DOOOOO

your mom is a flat circle as well

>you now remember how fucking scary this was

yea... that was kinda the high point honestly, a promise it couldnt and didnt keep

i thought he's gonna be the villain

He was actually shooting himself. He knew time was a flat circle so eventually they would loop back and hit him.

>dat /hype/ on Sup Forums after that cliffhanger, waiting for the next episode

youtube.com/watch?v=sOGoX1B6_2k

It's been years. I think it might have been either leading up to Rust shooting at casper, or leading up to carcosa.

Fucking good series, lets hope season 3 isn't as much of a let down as 2 was.

Now that I think about it... it might have been the woman working at that shrimp cooking place or whatever it was.

He was a big guy

oh yeah, dora's friend

I thought rust was just gonna be an edgy prick, but he ended up being one of my favourite tv characters of all time

Why was the last episode so different, tonally, from the rest of the season?
I remember reading an explanation, something fishy happened, can't remember what precisely. Does anyone have a link?

Damn, was this the originall? I remember specifically that this scene, when I saw it, there being a much closer shot of reggie coming up over the ridge, and it his movements were slower, more unnatural, and the music was much louder and daunting. The scene was like a really well done jump scare, but not.

Yep it was.

He was extremely edgy. Watch it again, his "coolness" hasn't aged well.

The ending scene of s1 is one of the best endings in TV

Come on, it was shit, a completely unjustified 180 on the part of rust.

>There were people on Sup Forums who actually believed the show was going to introduce supernatural elements in the final episode

he still cared and had morals
besides, he had a pretty good reason to be edgy

Come on, the edgy atheist/nihilist thing is so overplayed.

I started watching it because of all the articles and fa/tv/irgins screaming 'LOVECRAFTIAN'!

I wasn't disappointed, it was a good show, just dunno where this mass hysteria came from.

perhaps
doesn't mean it wasn't played right in this series

How exactly did Reggie fit into the cult? They were all supposedly part of the extended "Tuttle clan" founded by Sam the virgin rapist, but were they all working together? Errol Childress doing his own thing implies that some of the cult members worshipped on their own, ie separate from the cult rituals participated in by the whole clan as shown in the video Rust got from the Reverend Billy Lee. Was it like a decentralized ring of evil, where all the offspring worshipped separately after Sam died, or were Reggie and Dewall keeping the kids for another ritual?

There were lots of people who took every hint pizza dropped about supernatural stuff and run with it between every single episode.
So it was like "THE NEXT EPISODE IS GOING TO BE THE ONE" every single time, up until the last episode

Not him, but I disagree. Hardly "one of the best endings in TV", but it was a good ending.

I think it was a case of the 'rich' cultists doing their thing, maybe very occasionally and doing it intelligently, hard to trace etc. And there were the copycat bumpkins who really went nuts with it, probably believed in it a little too hard.

Essentially a hardcore fundamentalist sect made up of inbred loonies.

and like a lot of dreams...

there's a monster at the end of it

>I SAW THE LIGHT
Dude, really?
Let rust die, that's a nice finale.

>And just like all dreams there's a monster at the end of it

finale of the show was lame and boring, overall 9/10 season though, greatest piece of TV

The tracking shot in the ghetto at the end of episode 4 is one of my favorite pieces of television ever. I fucking love tracking shots. The one in Goodfellas is great too.

You must have loved birdman.

>wah, some dipshit in a gas mask and his whitey tighties didn't live up to my nancy boy dreams

What did he mean by this?

Caspere knew this.

>Reggie Ledoux did this!?

Put the skinny jeans back and take the i voted for hillary bumper sticker off your car and maybe someone will take your opinions seriously.

i vowed this would be the last time i would feel afraid

>the atheist/nihilist thing is so over played
That was the entire point of the fucking character you nonce, has transformation in the final episode was the culmination of it.

Reggie MOTHER FUCKING Ledoux!?!

What? I didn't vote for hillary. I'm not even american.

transformation=I saw the light, jeebus save me?
That's shitty writing

>"I love tracking shots, Goodfellas, True Detective, the list could go on"

I mentioned those two because they're the shows/movies I've watched most recently. I'm not a goddamn film expert. I see something and if I like it I talk about it.

>i saw the light jeebus save me
Did... did you even watch this show?

>I see something and if I like it I talk about it.

you must not watch much

That's basically what happened, come on. He had a near death experience where he saw magical love rfom another dimension.

Reggie's actor should've played Childress.

young roadhog before the omnic shit

mfw we'll never get a season 3 with a spooky setting and the true two detectives

>is time a flat circle?

Too bad the bad guy at the end was some inbreed hillbilly that wasn't scary at all.

They really dropped the ball with the ending.

time is a fat circle

No, it fucking wasn't.

VIET SHIT FUCK YOU UP CUNT

bugs... stahb et

>I mean, how many times have we had this thread, user? Well, who knows? When you can't remember your posts, you can't change your posts, and that is the terrible and the secret fate of all shitposting. You're trapped... like a ride that never ends.

Are you fucking retarded? Only an alt right Trump voter type would think Rust is edgy. He's atheist for fucks sake. You think a liberal would dislike him? I swear you fucking morons don't even know what you believe in.

Was this taken in Charlottesville?

Stop pushing your dumb v4c meme moonman

All I want is to be insane and befriend Death and the Devil

>green ears
>"w-what about that house painted green?"

>10/10
>Greatest series I've ever seen
>Don't forget about le tracking shot
I still remember people defending that scooby-doo bullshit episode where the black detectives drive away after asking lawn mower man for info, he cartoonishly reveals himself as the bad guy while the camera pans up.

This was a procedural with better acting, that completely falls apart halfway through. Calm down you fucking nerds.

It was Lovecraftian in the way that's way preferable to the Lovecraftian style shown in things like The Void or In the Mouth of Madness. Lovecraftian stuff is always worse when it gets over the top crazy and starts showing shoggoths and tentacles in things like that. Part of the point of Lovecraft is that there's the human element on the surface in the form of cultists and the like with the supernatural/cosmic horror stuff just beneath the surface, which I think they did well with the references to the Yellow King and the like. If they had shown more supernatural stuff than the thing Rust saw it would have cheapened it.

This. What the FUCK did they mean by this.

I agree. It had just the right amount of Lovecraftian creepyness and subtle ambiguous supernatural moments without going over the top.

Because of the references to Carcosa, the Yellow King, satanic rituals and cults. Also the spaghetti man with green ears. It's not explicitly Lovecraftian but it was enough to suggest something weirder going on underneath the surface, it was still pretty stupid and it was mostly Sup Forumsedditor who were expecting Rust to fight Cthulu as the final boss.

It's as explicitly Lovecraftian as you can get without showing amphibious monsters.

This is Lovecraftian horror.
Existential dread.
Grandiose nihilism.
Isolated hillbillies living near bodies of water that engage in magical rites and kidnap people.

I know it is Lovecraftian, season 2 is too for that matter. It's just not about space monsters but the themes are the same. But Sup Forumsedditors actually wanted and expected Rust to fight Cthulu at the end.

Season 2 is not very lovecraftian.

It's more detective noir-ish.
There's no impending sense of dread.
They know to some extent the nature and motivations of the villains.

there is an impendign sense of dread because in both seasons, while the detectives are investigating a particular case they discover a much bigger and scarier thing going on, involving the elite and cults and secret societies, they never know how far it goes, and their efforts are utlimately in vain because it's a system that is indifferent of them. There are ultimately no answers, no resolution, no victory from the heroes. It's the basic premise of cosmic horror without the cosmic aspect. The Lovecraftian influences are very palpable in both seasons, even if more so in the first one.

Guys will there ever be kino this good again? Ever since I watched it everything else seems shitty

He was fucking firing into the grass that way if anyone investigated and found casings and rounds in the area then their story would check out

Twin Peaks: The Return is the pinncacle of television.

I can't even put my finger on why exactly it was unsettling.

I bet youre the same kind of "person" who didnt like S2. You didnt even understand S1.

They know. They're just austistic, meme-spouting shitposters.

>They know.
you mean they realised it instantly as soon as it happened like every normal person right? liek it's not a "they know" as in "someone told them" but they actually understood it when they watched it right?

>evil kid molester man
>supposed to be a tall guy
>was a 6'1" king of manlets

>the big bad
>supposed to have facial scars
>barley at scratches on his face

What about Marty's girls? Were they molested as kids? Was Rust too rusty by the end of it to figure out all the connections staring him at the face?